A lawyer has been arrested for allegedly killing the husband of a local corporator in Shahabad area here, police said on Monday.
Uttar Pradesh News
Two persons have been arrested and a Scorpio, country made pistol and cartridges were recovered from their possession at Dhumari village crossing here, police said on Monday.
A man has been arrested for allegedly abducting and raping a five-year-old girl at knife point at Fatehpur village here, police said on Monday.
A 48-year-old farmer was allegedly shot dead by unknown miscreants in Shamli district on Monday, police said.
Union Minister of State for Food Processing Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti on Sunday alleged that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was misguiding people and farmers by raking up the issue of food park proposed in his constituency to gain political advantage.
Former Union Minister and Congress leader Jitin Prasada on Sunday raised serious questions over the survey conducted by Uttar Pradesh government to ascertain crop losses suffered by rain-hit farmers and termed it to be "discriminatory".
A 35-year-old wife of a temple priest, who had gone missing yesterday, was allegedly raped and murdered at Rajputana Majra village here.
After staging a 24-hour long dharna as part of party's state-wide agitation against the "poor" law and order situation in UP, BJP leaders on Sunday submitted a memorandum to Governor Ram Naik alleging failure of SP government on all fronts.
An undertrial lodged at a district jail here was beaten to death allegedly by prison guards for eve-teasing a female colleague following which the inmates clashed with jail officials injuring 26 people, including six policemen.
Another landslip occurred in Darjeeling district even as people are returning home from relief camps where they had taken shelter following landslides since July 1 which claimed lives of 40 people.
A 35-year-old woman and wife of a temple priest, who had gone missing since yesterday, was allegedly raped and murdered at Rajputana Majra village here on Sunday.
One person was seriously injured after he was shot at in a firing incident allegedly between two groups over property tussle in Harchnadpur village here, police said today.
Eleven illegal liquor factories were unearthed at two different villages of Aliganj Kotwali here in a raid conducted by UP police, officials said on Sunday.
Tension prevailed in the district on Saturday night after an 'objectionable' message against a community was allegedly being circulated on a social networking app but immediate action from police and district administration brought the situation under control.
Varanasi, the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has become a venue for tussle between the Centre and the state government, with both vying to claim credit for developmental works done here.
A man from Varanasi, who received funding from the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) for his kidney transplant, has died waiting for the surgery to take place.
Anant Vikram Singh, estranged son of Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh, was on Saturday arrested in connection with the killing of a policeman here about nine months back.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who had to cancel his scheduled trip to his parliamentary constituency on June 28 due to heavy rainfall, is now likely to visit on July 16.
Two school children were crushed to death and seven others injured by a speeding truck on Delhi-Dehradun National Highway this morning, police said.
Uttar Pradesh tops the list of states with highest mobile penetration in rural areas, while Naxal-affected Chhattisgarh finds its place at the bottom.
A 19-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her lover in the wee hours today following which the accused has been arrested, police said.
A 35-year-old woman, who was set on fire during an alleged rape attempt, has succumbed to her injuries, police said on Friday.
The property of Manoj Yadav, cousin of mafia don D P Yadav and accused of killing a local BJP leader last year, was attached today at Laxmi Nagar area, police said.
11 persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a decade-old triple murder case in Dahturi Tola village.
The body of a ten year-old boy, who went missing yesterday, was found with some organs missing in Ahmedpur Phulwariya village here this morning, police said.
At least eight people were killed and three others injured after a tempo collided with a truck in Uttar Pradesh's Rae Bareli district on Friday.
After fingers have been raised against Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey for allegedly appointing his two son-in-laws in the Assembly flouting norms, Governor Ram Naik Friday said that he would "examine the matter".
A youth has been arrested for sharing "objectionable" post on social networking site Facebook against Samajwadi Party leader Shafiqur Rehman Burq in Nakhasa police station area here, an official said.
Eight people were killed and two others injured Friday morning when the tempo in which they were travelling collided with a truck in Rajghat area.
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India?
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India? Part 2
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown
- World Hockey League Semi-final: Indian eves take 5th place, keep 2016 Rio Olympics dreams alive
- Lalit Modi alleges Rahul Gandhi, Vadra were beneficiaries of his hospitality
- Uttarakhand govt sounds alert, warns of heavy rains along Chardham Yatra route
- Australia won`t miss me, says retiring Ryan Harris
- Hrithik Roshan is god of everything: Tiger Shroff
- Journalist Akshay Singh was trembling, frothing during last moments, says eyewitness
- Wimbledon 2015, Day 6: Federer defies big-serving Groth to make last 16, Brown exits