Expressing deep concern over the murder of a journalist in Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday instructed Director General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmed to form special teams to nab the culprits.
Uttar Pradesh News
For the first time after the Lok Sabha polls in 2014, Varanasi will again witness Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal 's presence on the same day. Both the leaders are schedule to visit the city on February 22 on the occasion of Ravidas Jayanti .
In a bureucratic reshuffle, the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday transferred 21 IAS officials, including principal secretaries, officials said.
Focusing on the water-scarce Bundelkhand region ahead of the assembly polls next year, the Uttar Pradesh government today allocated over Rs 1,400 crore for it in its 2016-17 annual budget for various projects.
Four members of a family were sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here in an 11 year old dowry death case.
The Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna , who returned on Friday morning after almost 36 hours after being kidnapped, has told that her abductors did not harm her and she was treated well.
Almost 36 hours after she went missing on Wednesday night, the Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna on Friday morning reached her home in Ghaziabad .
Two new government engineering colleges – Devipatan, Basti – and a new medical college in Bijnor district will be set up in the next fiscal.
However, despite repeated questionings from media, police and her family remained tight-lipped over the reasons for her disappearance and the circumstances under which she was recovered.
A tiger today attacked and killed a 50-year-old man in a village in Salempur area of Mailani range forests under south Kheri division, a senior Forest official said.
The Assembly today took exception to a violent protest by lawyers in the city yesterday with the state government terming it as a serious issue which should be "condemned" by all.
The Uttar Pradesh government today announced its decision to inject Rs 904.52 crore for drought-hit areas in the state, including backward Bundelkhand, with an eye on the 2017 assembly polls.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi arrived in her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli on a two-day visit on Thursday.
A woman gram pradhan was shot at and critically injured by two motorcycle-borne assailants in Dhohlda village while she was on her way to home, police said today.
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Thursday blamed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Samajwadi Party (SP) for the release of the four accused in the 2013 Muzaffarnagar rape case
Four labourers have died after inhaling smoke inside a pit of a brick kiln in a village here, police said today.
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Thursday arrested the two main accused involved with the death of an eight-year-old boy in a celebratory firing in Shamli.
BJP on Wednesday accused Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh of doing a "cover up" of Shamli incident in which a young boy was shot dead and demanded that the state Governor should send an independent report to the Union Home Ministry over the incident.
At least 200 persons on Wednesday were booked by Uttar Pradesh police in connection with celebratory firing incident by Samajwadi Party workers in which an eight-year-old child was killed. The police also announced a cash reward for any information on five absconding accused.
Security of two judges of the Kanpur District Court was beefed up today, after they received letters threatening to kill them if they failed to pay Rs 10 lakh each, police said today.
A 17-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by a man after she resisted his rape attempt in Aurangabad village in Mathura. The man is said to have been stalking her for some time.
Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council was today adjourned for the day after paying tribute to former UP Panchayati Raj Minister Kailash Yadav.
Social activist Shehzaad Poonawalla had made a complaint before the minorities panel seeking action against Rampal Singh Pundir for his inflammatory speech.
A woman from Uttar Pradesh has volunteered to donate a kidney to save the brave soldier.
BSP supremo Mayawati Wednesday accused Samajwadi Party of winning the recent block pramukh and zila panchayat chairman polls in Uttar Pradesh with the help of official machinery and "goonda" elements.
Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad was miraculously rescued from the Siachen Glacier after being buried under 35 feet of snow for six days.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi for early release of Rs.4,741 crore from the National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF) for farmers who suffered hailstorm damage to crops in 2015.
The Uttar Pradesh Assembly`s proceedings were disrupted on Tuesday as the opposition raised protests over a boy`s killing in celebratory firing and attack on journalists in Shamli, forcing the adjournment of the house till Wednesday.
'Achhe din' seems to have arrived for the people of PM Narendra Modi's adopted village in Varanasi!
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- PM Modi inaugurates Make in India Centre in Mumbai
- Return of jungle raj in Nitish's Bihar?
- DNA: Rest in peace, braveheart Hanumanthappa!
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Family-run business vs professionally-run business
- JNU turns into political battleground
- Railway changes online ticketing rules, effective February 15
- Mumbai: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Make in India week
- JNU row: Anand Sharma attacked by AVBP students
- Financial crisis leads politician to kill wife, kids and self!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- MS Dhoni on Yuvraj Singh: Can't promote him over 'extraordinary' Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina
- Missing Indian Army captain found in Faizabad
- NZ vs Aus, 1st Test, Day 2: Adam Voges breaks Sachin Tendulkar's 12-year-old world record
- Afzal Guru row: Modi government terrified of weak Indian people who raise their voice, says Rahul Gandhi at JNU
- At present India has a Government where PM has the last word: Jaitley to Manmohan Singh
- VIDEO: Ravi Bopara blasts 71* off 43 balls before taking 6-16 in PSL
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages