A student from the law faculty of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) on Thursday attempted to kill himself as he was allegedly unable to afford the fee for his semester examination.
Uttar Pradesh News
Chandan was in love with the girl and had been following her for a long time. He was upset over her wedding with someone else, police said.
With three droughts in successive years, the Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh is on the verge of famine, Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav on Wednesday claimed and called for urgent steps by the Centre and state government to address the problem.
If India would have been an intolerant country, then Kiran Rao would not have been Aamir Khan's wife, Laxmi Kant Bajpai said on Wednesday, .
Nutan Thakur, social activist and wife of suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, expressed her intentions to join BJP.
An elderly woman was killed and several pilgrims were injured when a tractor trolley overturned in Lalganj area.
Ramkripal worked as a mason in Kedarnath when the tragedy struck in June 2013 killing thousands of people and leaving thousands missing.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik has referred a petition seeking disqualification of Samajwadi Party MLA Waqar Ahmad Shah, who is in coma for a long time, to Election Commission for opinion.
While Mayawati and Mulayam Singh share an old hostility, Yadav has rarely attacked Mayawati by name and has always chosen to target her party instead.
Azam Khan further pointed out that the fears had been expressed by Aamir's wife who is not a Muslim but a Hindu.
Gaurav, who sustained a bullet injury on his thigh, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Chairman of Sri Kashi Vishwanath Mandir Nyas Parishad said there is no dress code of wearing saree imposed for pilgrims visiting Kashi Vishwanath temple.
BJP on Monday termed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's UP visit a "political stunt".
Suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi alleging that he has been suspended not for dereliction of duty or impropriety in official work but "for working more" and sought his intervention in the matter.
A team of district excise department officials has seized 85 cartons of liquor which were allegedly being smuggled to lure voters for the gram pradhan elections, an official said here on Monday.
Samajwadi Party city president Rashid Siddiqui was allegedly beaten up by some party workers during a meeting here, following which three persons were arrested.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday led a march in Uttar Pradesh's Saharanpur district to highlight the problems being faced by sugarcane farmers.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has said that had ND Tiwari, ex-UP CM, been in SP, he would have been a big name among socialist leaders.
The Congress on Sunday said that the money spent on Mulayam Singh Yadav's 76th birthday party could have been utilised for the welfare of people.
The NSUI-RLD alliance bagged the president's seat while ABVP won the vice president and general secretary positions in the Students' Union elections at the Chaudhary Charan Singh University (CCSU) here.
A 76-kg cake has been ordered to mark the occasion on Sunday.
In 2012, then 13-year-old Bitiya (name changed), a Dalit, was gang-raped in a village in Uttar Pradesh.
Decked out in flowers and lights, buildings are wearing a bridal look for the celebration tomorrow of the 76th birthday of Mulayam.
According to former Delhi High Court chief justice Rajinder Sachar, beef trade in India has involvement of more Hindus than Muslims.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly abducted from Rajendra Nagar industrial area in Sahibabad here this evening, police said.
A 40-year-old man, employed as clerk in trade tax department, died under suspicious circumstances at a private hospital said police.
At least 10 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire in Modi Nagar.
The contribution of women was no less in ensuring the majority government in the 2012 polls, said Mulayam.
In a move to conduct a peaceful Gram Pradhan elections in the district, over 250 'wanted criminals' were arrested here on the first day of the police operation.
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- Noorjahan solar lanterns brighten up UP village!
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Sheena Bora case: Despite jail sufferings, Indrani remains loyal to Peter, says he is innocent
- Nepal to seek details on shooting, SSB says smugglers on Indian soil
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know