An elderly woman was killed and several pilgrims were injured when a tractor trolley overturned in Lalganj area.
Uttar Pradesh News
Ramkripal worked as a mason in Kedarnath when the tragedy struck in June 2013 killing thousands of people and leaving thousands missing.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik has referred a petition seeking disqualification of Samajwadi Party MLA Waqar Ahmad Shah, who is in coma for a long time, to Election Commission for opinion.
While Mayawati and Mulayam Singh share an old hostility, Yadav has rarely attacked Mayawati by name and has always chosen to target her party instead.
Azam Khan further pointed out that the fears had been expressed by Aamir's wife who is not a Muslim but a Hindu.
Gaurav, who sustained a bullet injury on his thigh, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Chairman of Sri Kashi Vishwanath Mandir Nyas Parishad said there is no dress code of wearing saree imposed for pilgrims visiting Kashi Vishwanath temple.
BJP on Monday termed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's UP visit a "political stunt".
Suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi alleging that he has been suspended not for dereliction of duty or impropriety in official work but "for working more" and sought his intervention in the matter.
A team of district excise department officials has seized 85 cartons of liquor which were allegedly being smuggled to lure voters for the gram pradhan elections, an official said here on Monday.
Samajwadi Party city president Rashid Siddiqui was allegedly beaten up by some party workers during a meeting here, following which three persons were arrested.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday led a march in Uttar Pradesh's Saharanpur district to highlight the problems being faced by sugarcane farmers.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has said that had ND Tiwari, ex-UP CM, been in SP, he would have been a big name among socialist leaders.
The Congress on Sunday said that the money spent on Mulayam Singh Yadav's 76th birthday party could have been utilised for the welfare of people.
The NSUI-RLD alliance bagged the president's seat while ABVP won the vice president and general secretary positions in the Students' Union elections at the Chaudhary Charan Singh University (CCSU) here.
A 76-kg cake has been ordered to mark the occasion on Sunday.
In 2012, then 13-year-old Bitiya (name changed), a Dalit, was gang-raped in a village in Uttar Pradesh.
Decked out in flowers and lights, buildings are wearing a bridal look for the celebration tomorrow of the 76th birthday of Mulayam.
According to former Delhi High Court chief justice Rajinder Sachar, beef trade in India has involvement of more Hindus than Muslims.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly abducted from Rajendra Nagar industrial area in Sahibabad here this evening, police said.
A 40-year-old man, employed as clerk in trade tax department, died under suspicious circumstances at a private hospital said police.
At least 10 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire in Modi Nagar.
The contribution of women was no less in ensuring the majority government in the 2012 polls, said Mulayam.
In a move to conduct a peaceful Gram Pradhan elections in the district, over 250 'wanted criminals' were arrested here on the first day of the police operation.
Besides a performance by Rahman, massive fireworks and cultural shows will mark Mulayam's 76th birthday.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police Jitendra Kumar Dubey, the device which "looked like a bomb with a timer attached".
Though Delhi University's experiment with the Four Year Undergraduate Programme saw an unforeseen fate, BHU Vice-Chancellor Girsish Chandra Tripathi believes that the higher education system is an "outmoded construct" and there is need to restructure the 3+2 education system.
RK Trivedi, who also served as the Chief Election Commissioner, had a long and distinguished career as a bureaucrat.
A watchman with a private firm fell to his death from the terrace of a four-storey building in the Sector-3 area of Vasundhara.
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- Panel discussion: Is India only for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims?
- Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of Delhi Metro
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- DNA: Today In History, November 23, 2015
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Arvind Kejriwal hails Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Turmoil at NIT-Durgapur after student's death; Smriti Irani intervenes
- See how terror-hit Paris responds to a Muslim man's free hug offer
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Here's where PM Modi ate his dinner in Singapore
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why