Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday stressed that art, literature and culture were heritage of entire humanity and, art and artists should not be linked to any specific region or religion.
Uttar Pradesh News
A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 55-year-old man in a village under Ubhaon police station area here this afternoon.
The residents of Deopura village in Shamli district have boycotted the panchayat election as polling booth was not established for them in their village.
After Dadri, tension now prevails in this district where rumours of cow slaughter triggered violence with protesters targeting police vehicles and setting afire shops, leaving seven policemen injured.
Refuting reports that he owns a meat processing unit, BJP leader Sangeet Som on Saturday said that he doesn't even eat egg.
As tensions over Dadri lynching incident refuse to subside, a mob in Uttar Pradesh's Mainpuri on Friday almost lynched four men accused of killing and skinning a cow.
A youth from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, who had joined ISIS to fight in Iraq, wants to return home and has contacted his family to facilitate it.
A section of Muslim community here has said they will not immerse their tazia in Ganga river in the upcoming Muharram festival and will adhere to the High Court's ban order for immersion of idols and religious items in the river.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday castigated Prime Minister Narendra Modi for allegedly "maintaining a stoic silence" on the Dadri lynching incident for too long when it threatened to snowball into a volatile situation.
Dadri's Bishada village in Uttar Pradesh was on Friday slowly limping back to mormalcy after days of tension over the lynching of a man over rumours of eating beef even as the political blame game continued.
Locals of Bishada village in Uttar Pradesh's Dadri on Friday welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's remarks that Hindus and Muslims should work together to fight poverty than with each other, saying his comments will have "deep impact" in improving situation in the hamlet where a man was lynched to death following rumour of beef eating.
Senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Yadav on Friday derided Bahujan Samajwadi Party supremo Mayawati, saying she is left with no work.
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi on Friday decried attempts to "politicise" the Dadri lynching incident and attacked Uttar Pradesh government, saying it was attempting to mislead the people.
Amid intense blame game over the Dadri lynching incident, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Friday said law and order is the prime responsibility of the state.
A video of a naked Dalit family protesting against the alleged inaction of the UP Police in Greater Noida has become viral on social media.
Bharatiya Janata Party's Uttar Pradesh legislator Sangeet Som, who was in news recently for making provocative statements in the aftermath of the Dadri lynching, reportedly bought land for a meat processing unit in Aligarh in 2009.
Mohammad Akhlaq was lynched by a mob for allegedly keeping beef in his house. However, it has now turned out that the meat was mutton, not beef.
Violence marred the first phase of polling of Panchayat Elections underway in Uttar Pradesh with six persons getting injured in separate incidents of firing and brick-batting.
A US-based media watch body has sought thorough investigation into the death of a television journalist in Uttar Pradesh, asking the state authorities to bring perpetrators quickly to justice.
If police would arrest any saint in connection with the violence, then the partymen would court their arrest, they said.
Accusing Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh of doing "appeasement politics", BJP on Thursday dared Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to act against the accused in various crimes and asked Mulayam Singh Yadav to stop making accusations and playing communal politics.
The CBI on Thursday conducted raids in connection with the Rs 954-crore scam pertaining to the Noida authority's former chief engineer Yadav Singh.
Notwithstanding the gruesome lynching of Mohammed Iqlakh over rumours of eating and storing beef, his family has no plans to permanently shift from Bishada where it has lived for five generations, his brother said today as the village held on to fragile peace.
In the backdrop of Dadri lynching case, Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu Thursday said the Centre cannot be blamed for "local happenings" and stressed that people especially the younger generation are more interested in development and not in such incidents.
"We want to live like before," Dadri lynching victim Mohammad Iqlakh's eldest brother said today, stressing that the family has no plan to permanently shift out of Bishada village although it may move out for "2-4 months" if required.
Two persons have been arrested here for allegedly spreading rumours on social media sites even as the administration today held peace meetings at the troubled spot to maintain communal harmony following the lynching episode.
Breaking his silence on the Dadri lynching incident, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday said that some people are spreading rumours to vitiate the atmosphere in the state.
Campaigning for the first phase of panchayat and BDC elections in the district ended on Friday.
Ten persons, including nine women, were seriously injured when a bus carrying pilgrims overturned in Gopiganj area here.
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- DNA: Final result of Zee News survey on Bihar polls
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- CM Arvind Kejriwal sacks Asim Ahmed Khan over allegations of corruption
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Zee Media brings you the biggest survey- Part II
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Zee Media brings you the biggest survey
- Farmer's lands wiped out for Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- DNA: Analysing smart schools of America
- DNA: Analysis of BJP MLAs assaulting lawmaker Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- WATCH: First video of Sachin Tendulkar, Shane Warne's Cricket All Stars!
- Mahatma Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi: Jab they met!
- 'Jazbaa' movie review: It runs at a breakneck speed!
- 'Afghan Taliban open to peace talks; Haqqani, al Qaeda not'
- Saudi woman, who chopped off Indian maid's hand, arrested
- Bihar poll survey: Majority of Hindus, OBCs favour NDA; Muslims,Yadavs to vote for JD(U)-RJD
- Our plans scuttled after Eden Gardens washout, says MS Dhoni
- See in pic: Sharp, fierce Salman Khan in 'Sultan' first look
- Sangeet Som, `saviour` of cows, is director of meat processing unit?