Four members of a family were sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here in an 11 year old dowry death case.
Uttar Pradesh News
The Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna , who returned on Friday morning after almost 36 hours after being kidnapped, has told that her abductors did not harm her and she was treated well.
Almost 36 hours after she went missing on Wednesday night, the Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna on Friday morning reached her home in Ghaziabad .
Two new government engineering colleges – Devipatan, Basti – and a new medical college in Bijnor district will be set up in the next fiscal.
However, despite repeated questionings from media, police and her family remained tight-lipped over the reasons for her disappearance and the circumstances under which she was recovered.
A tiger today attacked and killed a 50-year-old man in a village in Salempur area of Mailani range forests under south Kheri division, a senior Forest official said.
The Assembly today took exception to a violent protest by lawyers in the city yesterday with the state government terming it as a serious issue which should be "condemned" by all.
The Uttar Pradesh government today announced its decision to inject Rs 904.52 crore for drought-hit areas in the state, including backward Bundelkhand, with an eye on the 2017 assembly polls.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi arrived in her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli on a two-day visit on Thursday.
A woman gram pradhan was shot at and critically injured by two motorcycle-borne assailants in Dhohlda village while she was on her way to home, police said today.
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Thursday blamed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Samajwadi Party (SP) for the release of the four accused in the 2013 Muzaffarnagar rape case
Four labourers have died after inhaling smoke inside a pit of a brick kiln in a village here, police said today.
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Thursday arrested the two main accused involved with the death of an eight-year-old boy in a celebratory firing in Shamli.
BJP on Wednesday accused Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh of doing a "cover up" of Shamli incident in which a young boy was shot dead and demanded that the state Governor should send an independent report to the Union Home Ministry over the incident.
At least 200 persons on Wednesday were booked by Uttar Pradesh police in connection with celebratory firing incident by Samajwadi Party workers in which an eight-year-old child was killed. The police also announced a cash reward for any information on five absconding accused.
Security of two judges of the Kanpur District Court was beefed up today, after they received letters threatening to kill them if they failed to pay Rs 10 lakh each, police said today.
A 17-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by a man after she resisted his rape attempt in Aurangabad village in Mathura. The man is said to have been stalking her for some time.
Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council was today adjourned for the day after paying tribute to former UP Panchayati Raj Minister Kailash Yadav.
Social activist Shehzaad Poonawalla had made a complaint before the minorities panel seeking action against Rampal Singh Pundir for his inflammatory speech.
A woman from Uttar Pradesh has volunteered to donate a kidney to save the brave soldier.
BSP supremo Mayawati Wednesday accused Samajwadi Party of winning the recent block pramukh and zila panchayat chairman polls in Uttar Pradesh with the help of official machinery and "goonda" elements.
Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad was miraculously rescued from the Siachen Glacier after being buried under 35 feet of snow for six days.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi for early release of Rs.4,741 crore from the National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF) for farmers who suffered hailstorm damage to crops in 2015.
The Uttar Pradesh Assembly`s proceedings were disrupted on Tuesday as the opposition raised protests over a boy`s killing in celebratory firing and attack on journalists in Shamli, forcing the adjournment of the house till Wednesday.
'Achhe din' seems to have arrived for the people of PM Narendra Modi's adopted village in Varanasi!
The BJP on Tuesday compared the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh to "Mughal sultanate", stressing lawlessness prevails.
BJP president Amit Shah said the government of PM Narendra Modi had taken the country on the path of dharma (righteousness).
The Metro rail project in Kanpur, the largest industrial city in Uttar Pradesh, would be launched by March while Rs.200 crore has been provided from the Infrastructure Development Fund for the Lucknow Metro rail, an official said on Monday.
A lotus-shaped, 125-feet-high white marble temple dedicated to Lord Krishna opened here on Monday.
BJP chief Amit Shah said on Monday that Modi government had taken measures to preserve and promote 'Sanatan dharma', while politics in the country had earlier got "detatched" from religion.
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part IV
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part III
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- More sexual harassment complaints against TERI's RK Pachauri
- DNA: How soldiers are being trained for avalanche rescue
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- Lance Naik Hanumanthappa's condition worsens, still in coma; nation prays
- Ajay Devgan has 'intense' role in 'Fitoor'
- Pakistan bans Valentine's Day celebrations in Islamabad?
- ABVP demands expulsion of JNU students over Afzal Guru's hanging protest
- Kerala man turns 'pregnant', says 'can feel baby inside me'
- PM Modi breaks protocol, personally receives Abu Dhabi crown prince at airport - Watch video
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch