The Allahabad High Court has set aside a single judge's order whereby Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board had been directed to prepare a merit list of OBC candidates who had appeared in written examinations for posts of constables by extending "benefit of 7.50 marks admissible against six wrong questions" in question paper.
Uttar Pradesh News
Mythili Mishra of Amity International School, who achieved a second rank in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class XII exams, wants to become an IAS officer.
Delhi High Court on Monday sought the response of Uttar Pradesh government on a plea by NHRC challenging a trial court's decision to acquit 16 policemen of charges of murder and other crimes in the 1987 Hashimpura massacre case, in which 42 people were killed in Meerut city.
An 18-year-old girl was on Monday strangulated to death allegedly by her elder brother as he was unhappy over her affair with a neighbour, police said.
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped and set ablaze by her father in Azadpur Teela locality here, police said on Monday.
Three students of Aligarh Muslim University have been suspended for their alleged involvement in a clash in which a former vice president of AMU Students' Union was injured.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Monday ordered an inquiry into the cause of the derailment of the Muri Express in Uttar Pradesh and announced ex-gratia for the victims.
At least three trains have been cancelled while a number of others diverted following derailment of Jammu-bound train here on Monday afternoon.
Railways has rushed in relief and rescue team to Sirathu in Kaushambi, after a train derail incident this afternoon in the neighbouring district in the state.
Matri Sadan chief Swami Shivanand who had been fasting for 48 days against illegal mining in the Ganga here, agreed to drink ORS laced water after the intervention by the district authorities.
A 26-year-old woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Bazaria area here, police said on Monday.
With the temperature already touching 45 degrees Celsius in some parts of Uttar Pradesh, the sweltering heat is set to break all past records in the state, weather office has indicated.
At least two people were killed and over 100 injured after eight coaches of the Ranchi-Jammu Tawi Muri Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Kaushambi district on Monday afternoon, officials said.
A 30-year-old man committed suicide after killing his wife in Narottampur village under Kahwa police station area here, police said on Monday.
Presenting a report card of his one year in office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday his government had "destroyed power circles" in Delhi and ended nepotism as well as the middlemen culture.
A "notorious criminal" was today arrested here for his alleged involvement in several crimes including murder, police said.
Uttar Pradesh continued to reel under sweltering heat with mercury in Allahabad touching 47.7 degrees Celsius which was the hottest in the state.
A criminal, who was absconding for the past 20 years and wanted in five murder cases, was today arrested by the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police from Mainpuri district.
The fear of floods in parts of Uttar Pradesh has emerged with Nepali authorities warning about chances of the bursting of an artificial lake, created after the Kali Gandaki river got blocked by a massive landslide early on Sunday.
The Aligarh Muslim University has ordered a probe into the results of this year's entrance examinations for the MBBS and BDS courses following reports of inconsistencies.
Ahead of Narendra Modi's rally here on May 25, security agencies and district administration have received a message threatening to kill the Prime Minister.
Agitated over Madhya Pradesh not releasing water from Bansagar Dam over Sone river to Uttar Pradesh, state Irrigation Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav today demanded proper account of spendings on construction of dam and a probe into it.
Taking strong note of alleged encroachment of nearly 500 acres of "valuable" land acquired for India Air Force on Delhi's outskirts, Allahabad High Court has constituted a four-member team to look into the matter.
Terming the Narendra Modi government as a "total failure", senior Uttar Pradesh minister Shivpal Singh Yadav on Saturday alleged that it has neglected the state the most despite the prime minister and several other ministers being elected to the Lok Sabha from here.
His 57-day political sabbatical in unknown land may have made him the butt of many a joke, but for the faithful in Amethi, Rahul Gandhi is a changed man - more accessible and more focused.
Uttar Pradesh government has approved a long-pending proposal to give expensive cars to officials posted in the field.
A 48-year-old private firm employee was allegedly shot dead by two unidentified armed men and one other injured as assailants decamped with the victim's bag containing Rs five lakh, police said on Saturday.
At least five persons, including four minors, were taken ill after Ammonia gas leaked from an ice factory at Kairana town in neighbouring Shamli district, a senior official said on Saturday.
A man was allegedly refrained from touching his mother's body at her funeral by a panchayat of the Valmiki community for "marrying a widow" on the grounds that he had gone against the "rules of the society".
Amid controversy over L K Advani not being invited at a function in the district which Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend, the organisers has said the BJP patriarch has not been extended an invitation as he has never been a member of its committee.
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues