A retired section officer at the Aligarh Muslim University submitted a complaint to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi alleging that the university administration has indulged in "financial irregularity."
Uttar Pradesh News
A man, wanted by Bihar and Uttar Pradesh police in 23 criminal cases and carrying a total cash reward of Rs 60,000 on his head, has been arrested along with his accomplice following an encounter with Special Task Force (STF) here.
As many as 24 persons were booked for allegedly pilfering power during a drive by Electricity Department here, police said on Monday.
The appointment of Sachidanand Giri Maharaj – Sachin Datta before he took sanyas – as Mahamandaleshwar of Niranjani Akhara has triggered a massive controversy.
A 57-year-old security guard posted at UP's government Information Department was killed by some unidentified persons in city area here, police said on Monday.
Two youths were allegedly beaten up by some persons while they were travelling in a bus under Mansurpur police station limits here, police said today.
A woman constable was allegedly beaten to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry in Khatauli town here, police said today.
A teenage girl was allegedly gang-raped by three minor boys in Ughaiti area here, police said today.
A body of a man was found hanging from a tree between Dastampur and Nisia area here, police said on Saturday.
Shivratri is round the corner and preparations are underway to avoid hour-long traffic jams during Kanwar Yatra in Ghaziabad and adjoining areas. The traffic police has chalked out a plan to divert several routes between August 06 to 14. Here's how it has been planned:
After naming Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) as Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday emphasised on developing it as a centre of excellence.
Refusing to relent, Uttar Pradesh government has sent the same list of five names to Raj Bhawan for nomination to the Legislative Council under the nominated members category which the governor had returned seeking more information.
Three policemen who were wanted in a 32-year-old alleged fake encounter of the brother of a former MLA have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Six persons, including two women, were injured in a clash between two groups allegedly over an offensive remark made against a girl at Bbhanwada village in the district, police said on Saturday.
A class XII student was allegedly abducted and raped by two youths at Civil Lines area here, police said on Saturday.
The Congress on Saturday launched a scathing attack on the Akhilesh Yadav government on the appointment of Lokayukta in Uttar Pradesh and has asked it to come clear on the controversy.
Nine persons were injured in a clash between two groups over land dispute at Vidirika village in this district, police said on Saturday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will hold a two-day training programme for its workers in Bareilly starting Saturday, a party spokesman said.
Shia clerics will meet Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at his Delhi residence next week and tell him that members of their community were being targeted, a spokesman said on Saturday.
Four people were injured after a stampede broke out at a temple in Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
With the arrest of two persons, the Government Railway Police today claimed to have busted a drug-and-loot gang operating from Kanpur Central Railway Station.
The NHRC on Friday issued a notice to Uttar Pradesh authorities over the alleged beating up of disabled people by police at Bijnore collectorate. It called for a report on the matter within two weeks.
An eatery owner in Uttar Pradesh`s Greater Noida city has been arrested for torturing three minors and forcing them to cook dog meat, police said on Friday.
Two persons were arrested on Thursday for allegedly hunting and selling meat of animals belonging to the reserve forest area near here.
A man was today robbed off his car and other belongings allegedly by four persons at gun-point in Knowledge Park area here, police said.
Over 55 lakh devotees have so far completed the 23-km long Goverdhan 'Parikrama' as part of this year's Mudiya Poono fair, which began here earlier this week.
A high alert has been sounded across Uttar Pradesh following the execution of 1993 Mumbai blasts accused Yakub Memon, officials said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by four persons in a moving car at Khatoli area here.
A notorious gangster carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 was shot dead in an alleged encounter with sleuths of Special Task Force on the premises of a government hospital in Kabir Chaura math here, police said today.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Thursday appointed Vinay Kumar Pathak and Narendra Kumar Taneja as vice-chancellor of Uttar Pradesh Technical University and Chaudhary Charan Singh University, respectively.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- BJP questions AAP's ad campaign expenditure
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- All India Badtameez: Looking for a fair bride?
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Karnataka teachers freed by ISIS are safe, to return soon
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Osama bin Laden's stepmother, sister killed in UK plane crash
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report