One person was killed and another was injured when they were allegedly fired at near NTPC crossing here on Sunday evening, police said.
Uttar Pradesh News
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to sanction the remaining Rs 4,700 cr of the Rs 7,543 cr- memorandum sent by the Uttar Pradesh government for relief of farmers affected by hailstorm or untimely rains.
Two brothers were injured when they were allegedly beaten up by four persons for resisting eve-teasing of a girl in Barthari village under Bagwala police station here, police said on Sunday.
Four persons were on Saturday killed and around 20 others injured when a mini bus collided with a truck in Kakori area, police said here.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's image was not getting sullied due to potholed roads in his constituency Varanasi as their maintenance was responsibility of the Uttar Pradesh government, Union Minister Piyush Goyal said here on Saturday.
Locals assaulted a policemen and torched a police outpost in protest against death of a youth due to a road accident in Rampur Karkhana area, near Maduwahdeeh village, police said here on Saturday.
Five victims of the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots were beaten up allegedly by some residents of their native village when they went there for some work.
Rising number of youths and teenagers are engaging in cyber crime due to lack of awareness, a top Uttar Pradesh police official said on Friday.
Union minister Mahesh Sharma on Friday said that the 1,320 MW Khurja power plant at Arnia block here will boost industrial growth in Noida and benefit around a dozen districts in UP.
The Allahabad High Court has ruled that if Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal surrenders before a court in Amethi district within four weeks, no coercive action shall be taken against him till then in a criminal case pending in the lower court.
Tension prevailed in Jansath after a local religious leader's car was allegedly attacked by some people in Muradnagar here, police said on Friday.
Opposing the demand for Jat reservation, the Bhartiya Kisan Sanghathan (BKS) has threatened to boycott Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Sanjeev Balyan for supporting the issue.
A 16 year-old-girl was allegedly raped by three youths when she has gone to collect water from public hand pump at Budhana town in the district, police said on Thursday.
Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) jawans on Wednesday saved a teenage girl from drowning after she jumped into the Saryu river allegedly in an attempt to take her life.
Private taxi owners roughed up Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) officer when he tried to stop the illegal operation of unauthorised taxis from Faizabad bus depot.
An unidentified body of a 40-year-old woman was today found from Behta Hajipur Railway station here.
In more trouble for suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, UP Lokayukta has recommended registration of an FIR and an inquiry against him by "any agency", including CBI, in disproportionate assets case.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday interacted with Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand and inquired about several issues including progress made by the state in crime and criminal tracking network and system (CCTNS) and road construction.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday spoke to senior administration and police officers of the district through video conferencing and inquired about law and order.
Amid strong protest and walkout by Opposition parties, the Uttar Pradesh Assembly on Wednesday passed a Bill that seeks to relax the provisions restricting SCs and STs to sell their land to non-Dalits.
Opposition BSP and BJP on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Uttar Pradesh Assembly, accusing the government of not being serious towards preventing the spread of dengue and other vector-borne diseases in the state.
The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday said it has proposed round-the-clock power supply, except for tubewells, at all places in the state after 2019.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate on Wednesday ordered return of land with Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust in Amethi to UP state corporation, DM Jagatraj Tirpathi said.
An 18-year-old girl, who went missing from Shamli and later found dead in Baghpat district on Saturday, was gang-raped and murdered by three youths who have been arrested, police said Wednesday.
A 27-year-old Army jawan was shot dead allegedly by his uncle over property-related dispute in Bopada village here, police said on Wednesday.
BJP plans to target the Gandhi family in a big way over the alleged sale to a trust run by it of land meant for a bicycle factory here and said the party is awaiting the local administration's action on a complaint over the matter before proceeding with such programmes.
The Congress party on Tuesday held demonstrations across the state at district headquarters and tehsils against the Akhilesh Yadav-led government in Uttar Pradesh.
The series of fires in 'Swasthya Bhawan', the health headquarters of Uttar Pradesh, have turned out to be a conspiracy, police said on Tuesday.
Slamming the state government over the law and order situation, BJP Mahila Morcha Uttar Pradesh president Madhu Mishra on Tuesday said the Samajwadi Party has failed to check crime.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Delhi Police... One Touch Away' app launched!
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Watch: Top 10 Headlines @7 am
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Gita Press denies reports of shutting down
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried
- Ajay Devgn backs 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2'!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Focus now on forensic report of skeletal remains
- Malaysians gather in capital to demand reform, PM`s ouster
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad