A high alert has been sounded across Uttar Pradesh following the execution of 1993 Mumbai blasts accused Yakub Memon, officials said.
Uttar Pradesh News
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by four persons in a moving car at Khatoli area here.
A notorious gangster carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 was shot dead in an alleged encounter with sleuths of Special Task Force on the premises of a government hospital in Kabir Chaura math here, police said today.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Thursday appointed Vinay Kumar Pathak and Narendra Kumar Taneja as vice-chancellor of Uttar Pradesh Technical University and Chaudhary Charan Singh University, respectively.
A special court here on Wednesday fixed August 5 for delivering its verdict in a murder case against former Uttar Pradesh legislator Udai Bhan Singh.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Uttar Pradesh government over a report that said a youth died after allegedly being pushed from a moving train by a travel ticket examiner (TTE).
A 12-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by a neighbour in Khekhda area here following which the accused was arrested, police said on Wednesday.
Over 50 students of a government primary school at Arya Nagar locality in Cantonment area here fell ill after consuming milk provided under mid-day meal scheme on Wednesday, prompting the district administration to order an inquiry into the matter.
The Uttar Pradesh government`s decision to approach the Supreme Court against a Allahabad High Court order for a CBI probe into graft charges against former a Noida authority chief engineer has triggered a political row.
In wake of the terrorist attack in Gurdaspur, the authorities here have increased security for the annual Kawad Yatra which is slated to begin on August 1.
In a gruesome incident, a 17-year-old girl was set ablaze at a village near here by a youth, who had allegedly raped her a year ago, as she refused to reach a compromise, police said on Wednesday.
Twelve children escaped from a government juvenile home in Gautam Budh Nagar Phase II on Wednesday, police said.
A 20-year-old woman gave birth at the main gate of a primary health centre of Budhana town in the district after the authorities allegedly refused to admit her.
A 20-year-old woman gave birth at the main gate of a primary health centre of Budhana town in the district after she was allegedly refused admittance.
Uttarakhand Governor KK Paul and Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Tuesday expressed grief at the death of former President APJ Abdul Kalam describing him as a simple man with great soul whose loss is irreparable for the nation.
Four police personnel including Incharge of Farah police station have been suspended after body of a 12-year-old girl, who was missing since last night, was found on Tuesday near Parkham railway station falling under Farah police station.
Alleging that there is "jungle raj" in Samajwadi Party regime, prominent Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad today demanded imposition of President's rule in Uttar Pradesh.
Two actors of Bhojpuri films were seriously injured in an acid attack in Narayanpur village here, police said today.
In fresh trouble for suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta NK Mehrotra has registered a case against him on complaint of an RTI activist of allegedly possessing assets disproportionate to known sources of income.
Five people from Gujarat were killed and another was seriously injured in a road accident near Chonk village under Kalpi police station area here, early Tuesday morning, police said.
Two minor boys of a family were killed and four others injured after a portion of their house collapsed here, police said on Tuesday.
A 23-year-old woman was allegedly shot dead by her father for planning to marry a youth from a different caste.
Three persons, including two children, were killed and 22 injured when the bus in which they were travelling rammed into a stationary truck on Basti-Faizabad national highway.
Five people were killed in a road accident inJalaun District of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
In a stinging attack on Uttar Pradesh governor Ram Naik, the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) on Monday said he was "working like a BJP worker and was unfit for any constitutional post".
Firebrand Hindutva leader Sadhvi Prachi was on Monday arrested while she was on her way to hold a Mahapanchayat on the eve-teasing issue in Paharpur village under Shergarh police station area.
Imagine waking up one day to see Rs 95.7 lakh crore in your bank account! That's what was in store for Urmila Yadav of Kanpur, a domestic help.
Uttar Pradesh BJP on Monday demanded a judicial or CBI probe into the mob violence and police firing in Hamirpur in which two villagers were killed after a girl immolated herself on being teased by some youths.
The Samajwadi Party on Monday sought an apology from Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik for 'denigrating' the dignity of the post and asked the Centre to dismiss him.
A day after a Zila Panchayat member was booked for "threatening" a police official here, a sub-inspector was today allegedly manhandled by a theft-case accused and his family members for probing a case against him, police said on Monday.
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Heavy rains trigger floods, landslides in Gujarat and Rajasthan
- Yakub Memon files fresh mercy plea with President
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report
- APJ Abdul Kalam was just an ordinary scientist: Pakistan's AQ Khan
- Gurdaspur terror attack: 14-second CCTV video footage of three terrorists recovered
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- APJ Abdul Kalam's most important message
- Yakub Memon lawyer says 'no comments' when asked about Supreme Court's order
- Serena Williams, Sania Mirza top WTA rankings