The SP workers opened fire while celebrating the victory of candidate Nafisa in the block elections.
Uttar Pradesh News
Attacking Mulayam, Owaisi asked why they SP chief "invited Narendra Modi, the man responsible for Gujarat carnage, to his place to attend a marriage ceremony".
On February 5, a Muzaffarnagar court had acquitted the 10 people in connection with the burning of a 30-year-old woman and a 10-year-old boy at Lank village due to lack of evidence.
Hitting out at SP leader Azam Khan for his "Modi met Dawood" claim, BJP today asked Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to either prove his cabinet colleague's charges or apologise for the "baseless remark".
Controversial Noida chief engineer Yadav Singh , facing corruption probe by CBI, is alleged to have pocketed over Rs 100 crore as "undisclosed commission" during his tenure between 2008-14.
Amid the Shiv Sena protests looming over Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali `s concert in Lucknow today, the Bharatiya Janata Party has called upon the state administration to ensure that the event is performed in a peaceful environment and no untoward incident takes place.
Ahead of Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, Shiv Sena's UP Chief Anil Singh has been put under house arrest but the latter has asserted that protests against the singer will be carried out in the city.
Government Saturday rubbished as "false and baseless" the allegation of senior Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan, who plumbed new depths to claim that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had met underworld don Dawood Ibrahim in Lahore at the residence of his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif during his Christmas Day visit.
While BJP attacked him, even a Congress spokesperson said attached no importance to it saying it cannot be believed.
Amitabh Bachchan, his wife Jaya and son Abhishek had politely declined the pension offer by the UP government.
Delhi Police' Special Cell on Friday arrested a suspected ISIS sympathiser Mohsin from the Inter State Bus Terminal in national capital.
The supporters of Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav are performing a 77-day yagna to seek divine blessings for the veteran leader's 76th birth anniversary.
A probe has been ordered against the headmaster of a primary school in Kanpur district of Uttar Pradesh after a complaint by the Dalit village head that the he purified his chair before sitting on it as it was was used by her.
A 18-year-old youth was sent to 14-day police custody after he clicked 'selfie' with B Chandrakala, District Magistrate, Bulandshahr.
A PIL seeks a CBI probe into alleged merger and transfer of a bungalow to former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and BSP chief Mayawati in Lucknow.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi attacked the ruling Samajwadi Party and the BJP for ignoring Muslims and the downtrodden in Uttar Pradesh during his first rally in the state.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will produce suspended Noida Authority chief engineer Yadav Singh, who was arrested yesterday in a corruption case , before an anti-corruption court on Thursday.
A gun battle in Ghaziabad between police and two robbers, who were allegedly running away with a car, ended with the security personnel arresting one of them late last night.
A suspicious object has been found on the Allahabad-Mirzapur highway, around 45 kilometres away from Allahabad.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi will hold his first rally in Uttar Pradesh's Faizabad district ahead of the February 13 Bikapur bypoll.
The CBI had earlier in the day summoned Yadav for questioning in a disproportionate assets case.
The Bahujan Samaj Party has expelled former minister Avadhpal Singh Yadav for anti-party activities, an official statement said.
A newly elected woman BDC member has lodged an FIR accusing the son of a Samajwadi Party MLA of threatening her against contesting the upcoming Block Pramukh election.
Uttar Pradesh ATS arrested Saudi-based LeT commander Abdul Aziz was arrested from Lucknow airport late Tuesday night.
Around 12,000 home guards posted in 10 districts of Western Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday abstained from duty demanding hike in salary.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said the Samajwadi Party (SP) will contest the coming 2017 Assembly elections in the state alone on the basis of its development works.
The State Election Commission (SEC) has ordered a probe against Tourism Minister Om Prakash Singh over a alleged threat to a member of the block development council (BDC) asking him to vote for a particular candidate or face arrest.
Rifle Factory Ishapore , Agra has developed the country's lightest revolver 'Nidar' , which weighs just 250 grams, half the weight of its earlier version 'Nirbheek'.
In the clipping, it could be seen that the victim fell on his face and his body landed exactly in the gap between the platform wall and the tracks.
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part IV
- Gujarat: Indian Coast Guard detains Pakistani boat off coast
- Ranchi: Central Coalfields Limited workers ride bicycles to curb pollution
- Desh Da Swaad: Discover the taste of Bhopal
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- West Bengal: Policemen take up responsibility to educate poor children
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Watch : Top 25
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Hindu Mahasabha to sue LK Advani for demolishing 'Ram Lalla' temple in Ayodhya
- Are you up for Sidharth-Alia-Fawad's 'Kapoor and Sons' tongue twister challenge?