Akhilesh Yadav, while condemning Dayashankar's slur against Mayawati, takes a dig at BSP and BJP.
Uttar Pradesh News
The Congress Party on Saturday formally launched its Uttar Pradesh Assembly election campaign with party president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi flagging off a bus yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal' from the party office in the national capital.
According to Congress Kanpur city unit chief Har Prakash Agnihotri, party leaders Sheila Dikshit, Raj Babbar and Ghulam Nabi Azad are expected to be present on the occasion.
An FIR was lodged against Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati and three others by the family of former BJP Vice President Daya Shankar Singh at Hazratganj police station on Friday.
In a twist to the Mayawati slur row, the Uttar Pradesh police on Friday filed an FIR against the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief.
Apologising on her son`s behalf, expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dayashankar Singh`s mother on Friday said that he had done no wrong.
According to Mayawati, the wife and daughter of expelled BJP leader Dayashankar have been targeted to make them feel the impact of obscene comments
The AIIMS hospital is being set up under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) at an estimated cost of Rs 1,011 crore.
Seers and the various religious orders can play a major role in making India modern and prosperous, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said, noting that many of them have taken up public welfare works like building toilets and providing health care facilities.
The BSP workers are using the same kind of offensive language against women that they are protesting against being used for their leader Mayawati, said the Uttar Pradesh unit of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday.
"What crime has my daughter committed that BSP workers are abusing her."
Dayashankar Singh, the sacked UP BJP leader,a is likely to surrender before the state police any time soon, said sources on Friday.
PM Modi is scheduled to visit the Gorakhpur city on Friday where he will fulfil two promises made by him during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls – setting up an AIIMS hospital and second revival of the fertilizer unit.
The BJP has no chief ministerial candidate in Uttar Pradesh despite having already suffered defeat in Bihar on fighting elections in name of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, says Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh.
Hundreds of BSP workers on Thursday took to the streets here demanding the immediate arrest of Dayashankar Singh for his derogatory remarks against party supremo Mayawati even as police carried out raids in Lucknow and Ballia to trace the now expelled BJP leader and detained his brother.
Expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dayashankar Singh hit back at Mayawati for insulting women community in her speech yesterday.
BSP former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati said the Dalits across the nation see her as a `devi`.
Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Thursday came to the defense of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Mayawati over Daya Shankar Singh's slur comparing her to a prostitute.
In a major development, two persons were arrested from a temple in Pratapgarh district of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday.
Enraged with Dayashankar Singh's derogatory remark against Mayawati, BSP workers staged a protest on Thursday.
Dayashankar Singh said, “Mayawati is breaking the dream of Kanshi Ram into pieces. Mayawati is selling tickets like a...."
BJP state president Keshav Prasad Maurya condemned Dayashankar Singh's remarks.
Hitting out at the PDP-BJP coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir for its "failure" on a range of issues, SP leader Amar Singh said Kashmiri Pandits will be rehabilitated in Uttar Pradesh.
BJP Uttar Pradesh vice-president Daya Shankar Singh triggered a controversy after made objectionable remarks against BSP supremo Mayawati.
A senior BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday stoked a major row by making derogatory remarks against BSP chief Mayawati.
A visibly agitated BSP supremo Mayawati on Wednesday slammed the BJP after its Uttar Pradesh state vice president compared her to a prostitute.
The UP BJP leader who compared BSP leader Mayawati to a prostitute has tendered an unconditional apology.
Mayawati said Dayashankar Singh's statement shows that Bharatiya Janata Party is frustrated with the growing public support for Bahujan Samaj Party.
A man has been booked for allegedly harassing a minor girl at Pursari village here, police said on Wednesday.
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- PM Modi offers prayer at Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur
- Dayashankar's wife accuses BSP of abusing her family
- PM addresses rally in Gorakhpur, lays foundation stone for AIIMS, fertilizer unit
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir?
- Debate on Una incident in Parliament: As it happened
- Mayawati herself insulted women community: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar
- Women suffering from ADHD more prone to suicidal tendencies, says study
- Muslim man removed from flight after attendant announced, 'Mohamed Ahmed, I will be watching you'
- Russia Doping: A chronology of major events
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details
- Capital flows out of China slowing: Beijing
- Sensex drops 205 points, worst single-day fall in a month
- Bribery case: Fresh probe ordered against former Kerala Minister AK Babu
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez can't wait to crack up on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'