BJP on Wednesday accused Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh of doing a "cover up" of Shamli incident in which a young boy was shot dead and demanded that the state Governor should send an independent report to the Union Home Ministry over the incident.
Uttar Pradesh News
At least 200 persons on Wednesday were booked by Uttar Pradesh police in connection with celebratory firing incident by Samajwadi Party workers in which an eight-year-old child was killed. The police also announced a cash reward for any information on five absconding accused.
Security of two judges of the Kanpur District Court was beefed up today, after they received letters threatening to kill them if they failed to pay Rs 10 lakh each, police said today.
A 17-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by a man after she resisted his rape attempt in Aurangabad village in Mathura. The man is said to have been stalking her for some time.
Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council was today adjourned for the day after paying tribute to former UP Panchayati Raj Minister Kailash Yadav.
Social activist Shehzaad Poonawalla had made a complaint before the minorities panel seeking action against Rampal Singh Pundir for his inflammatory speech.
A woman from Uttar Pradesh has volunteered to donate a kidney to save the brave soldier.
BSP supremo Mayawati Wednesday accused Samajwadi Party of winning the recent block pramukh and zila panchayat chairman polls in Uttar Pradesh with the help of official machinery and "goonda" elements.
Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad was miraculously rescued from the Siachen Glacier after being buried under 35 feet of snow for six days.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi for early release of Rs.4,741 crore from the National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF) for farmers who suffered hailstorm damage to crops in 2015.
The Uttar Pradesh Assembly`s proceedings were disrupted on Tuesday as the opposition raised protests over a boy`s killing in celebratory firing and attack on journalists in Shamli, forcing the adjournment of the house till Wednesday.
'Achhe din' seems to have arrived for the people of PM Narendra Modi's adopted village in Varanasi!
The BJP on Tuesday compared the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh to "Mughal sultanate", stressing lawlessness prevails.
BJP president Amit Shah said the government of PM Narendra Modi had taken the country on the path of dharma (righteousness).
The Metro rail project in Kanpur, the largest industrial city in Uttar Pradesh, would be launched by March while Rs.200 crore has been provided from the Infrastructure Development Fund for the Lucknow Metro rail, an official said on Monday.
A lotus-shaped, 125-feet-high white marble temple dedicated to Lord Krishna opened here on Monday.
BJP chief Amit Shah said on Monday that Modi government had taken measures to preserve and promote 'Sanatan dharma', while politics in the country had earlier got "detatched" from religion.
In a huge embarrassment to ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh, an eight-year-old boy was killed in celebratory firing by party workers in Shamli district that led Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today to order the immediate removal of some of the area's top officers.
The sisters had ignored the eve-teaser for a few days but things went to a boil when he also started passing lewd gestures.
Lashing out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, the Shiv Sena on Monday branded Uttar Pradesh as an "Islamic state" and alleged that the state government has begun "anti-national business" for appeasing politics.
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Monday detained three persons in connection with the death of an eight-year-old boy in a celebratory firing in Shamli.
Union minister Kalraj Mishra has said government will take a call on construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya after the Supreme Court comes out with its verdict on the appeal against the Allahabad high court judgement on the title suit.
Over 50 lakh people took the holy dip at Sangam , the confluence of the Ganges, Yamuna and Saraswati, at Sangam in Allahabad on the occasion of Mauni Amavasya on Monday.
Lashing out at the Akhilesh Yadav government for organising Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, the Shiv Sena on Monday branded Uttar Pradesh as an "Islamic state" and alleged that the state government has begun "anti-national business" for appeasement politics.
Lashing out at Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and UP CM Akhilesh Yadav, AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi has alleged that they are not allowing Muslim leaders in their party to speak up.
The oldest litigant in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute, Hashim Ansari has been admitted to the ICU of Lucknow's King George Medical University (KGMU) on Sunday.
A young eve-teaser was beaten up by a brave girl student in Allahabad recently in a new video which has become viral on the Internet.
Muzaffarnagar; Former Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has accused BJP of giving "false" assurances to the people and said it should be given a "befitting lesson" for failing to fulfill its election p
The winter chill returned to most parts of Uttar Pradesh, including Lucknow, on Monday following heavy snowfall and rains in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Security advisor Kunal Verma's book reveals untold story behind 1962 Indo-China war
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- Four people burnt dead in Delhi's Dilshad Garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- While politics got 'detached' from religion, Modi govt took measures to preserve 'Sanatan Dharma': Amit Shah
- ICC U-19 World Cup, semi-final: India vs Sri Lanka - As it happened...
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game
- Pakistan's ISI provided moral, financial support to LeT for 26/11 Mumbai attacks: David Headley's big revelations
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- A woman encounters a huge wolf and the most unexpected thing happens - Watch
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- Salman Khan’s new look as ‘Sultan’: Valentine's Day special- See Pic
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital