Samajwadi Party today expelled MLA Rampal Yadav from the party for six years in illegal construction case.
Uttar Pradesh News
Samajwadi Party MLA Rampal Yadav is reportedly also projected as the "Mini Chief Minister" of Uttar Pradesh.
Six members of a family, all minors, were killed when a fire broke out in their house here early Friday morning, police said.
Yamuna Expressway is notorious for deadly accidents that take place at this stretch quite often.
In yet another move to keep the holy city of Varanasi pollution free and decongested, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will soon distribute e-boats – the country's first – to the famed boatmen of the Ganga river here.
The Uttar Pradesh Police has released the Computer Operator Admit Card 2016. The exam for the same post will take place on May 19, 2016.
At least seven persons were killed when an LPG cylinder exploded in a house in Barabanki district near here on Wednesday, police said.
UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPRPB) has released the admit card for the recruitment of computer operators.
A Jet Airways flight from Dehradun to New Delhi made an emergency landing at Amausi airport, as per a media report.
A 30-year-old woman was allegedly burnt to death by her husband and in-laws over a family dispute in Shamli district, police said today.
A day after the Central Administrative Tribunal quashed the suspension of Indian Police Service officer Amitabh Thakur and ordered his immediate reinstatement, the Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday challenged the order in the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court.
A teenaged boy was killed and two injured in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday when a group of policemen went on a firing spree while celebrating engagement of a family member.
In a shocking incident, an assistant professor in prestigious Banaras Hindu University (BHU) allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan.
The Uttar Pradesh Police, after obtaining a non-bailable arrest warrant against Muneer - the main accused in NIA officer Tanjil Ahmed's murder case - has started the process to attach the accused's house.
A 60-year-old woman was allegedly stripped and tortured as part of punishment after her son eloped with a girl from the same village.
In an attempt to propagate Prime Minister Narendra Modi 's thoughts on Buddhism and Bhimrao Ambedkar, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has roped in Buddhist monks who will travel across Uttar Pradesh in next six months.
The Lucknow bench of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) in an interim order, on Monday stayed suspension of IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, as per a media report.
A leopard entered a house in a village of Agra district on Monday and injured one villager.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced Rs 20 lakh compensation for kin of Sub-Inspector Akhtar who was killed in an encounter with criminals in Greater Noida on Monday.
A major controversy erupted on Monday over posters and hoardings featuring BSP chief and ex-UP CM Mayawati and Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani.
In a yet another incident of crime, a sub-inspector was killed was goons in Greater Noida's Dadri as after he conducted raids to nab some criminals.
Sub-Inspector Akhtar Khan of the Uttar Pradesh Police was on Monday morning killed in an encounter with some criminals in Greater Noida.
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Sunday paid a visit to Amethi (Congress vice-president and MP Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha constituency) and met the villagers of Makdumpur.
The Uttar Pradesh Government will constitute a committee to probe into the allotment of 25,000 acres of land to set up a cement factory in Sonbhadra district to the Jaypee Group.
Days after saying that entry of women in the Shani Shingnapur temple will lead to crimes such as rapes against them, Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati on Sunday claimed that cow slaughter and export of beef have increased since BJP came to power at the Centre.
Two persons were killed in a gun battle between rival groups on the campus of Aligarh Muslim University, forcing authorities to deploy Rapid Action Force and order a "major clean-up" operation in AMU hostels.
In a major incident of violence in Aligarh Muslim University campus, one ex-student was shot dead after clashes broke out between two groups.
Taking a dig at the BJP led NDA government at the Centre, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said the people are still awaiting for 'Acche Din' as promised by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the Lok Sabha elections held two years ago.
Owaisi said that his party is against the communal forces that are “planning to destroy the secular fabric of the country”.
Azamgarh district administration on Saturday cancelled permission to all scheduled programmes of AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi due to communal tension in nearby Mubarakpur area.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- DNA: Analysis of Bhagat Singh being called a revolutionary terrorist in DU books
- DNA: Big media house's back door deals with scandal and scam kingpins
- DNA: Why USA's private space companies are afraid of India
- DNA: 7-year-old girl from Bandipora praises Indian Army; shames people running Kashmir agenda
- DNA: Today in History | April 28, 2016
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world
- Oh fresh! You can't afford to miss these pictures from Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's pooja ceremony
- 7th Pay Commission: New pay scales to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh cr in FY17
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 24: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video