In a stinging attack on Uttar Pradesh governor Ram Naik, the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) on Monday said he was "working like a BJP worker and was unfit for any constitutional post".
Uttar Pradesh News
Firebrand Hindutva leader Sadhvi Prachi was on Monday arrested while she was on her way to hold a Mahapanchayat on the eve-teasing issue in Paharpur village under Shergarh police station area.
Imagine waking up one day to see Rs 95.7 lakh crore in your bank account! That's what was in store for Urmila Yadav of Kanpur, a domestic help.
Uttar Pradesh BJP on Monday demanded a judicial or CBI probe into the mob violence and police firing in Hamirpur in which two villagers were killed after a girl immolated herself on being teased by some youths.
The Samajwadi Party on Monday sought an apology from Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik for 'denigrating' the dignity of the post and asked the Centre to dismiss him.
A day after a Zila Panchayat member was booked for "threatening" a police official here, a sub-inspector was today allegedly manhandled by a theft-case accused and his family members for probing a case against him, police said on Monday.
Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad was on Monday arrested along with his supporters here in Kaiserbagh area when he was going to hold a demonstration at Shahi Masjid in Hazratganj area, police said.
A high alert was sounded across Uttar Pradesh on Monday in the wake of a terror attack in Gurdaspur district of Punjab.
A licensed revolver along with cash Rs eight thousand were allegedly stolen from the car of former Etah MLA Praja Palan Verma in the district, police said on Monday.
Six persons here were taken injured after a clash broke out between two groups over alleged eve-teasing of a girl at Sanjak village in Shahpur area, police said on Monday.
As many as 319 persons have lost their lives in accidents on Yamuna Expressway since it was opened for traffic nearly three years ago with the highway on an average witnessing two mishaps every day.
Two villagers were killed in mob violence and police firing in Hamirpur district after a girl immolated herself on being teased by some youths, prompting the state government to suspend the Superintendent of Police and order magisterial inquiry on Saturday.
Two villagers were killed in violence and subsequent police firing when they tried to gherao the Biwanr police station here to lodge FIR against an eve-teasing accused, who allegedly abetted suicide of a teenage girl, police said on Sunday.
A local court here has sentenced a woman and her son-in-law to life imprisonment for murdering her husband nine years ago.
Jailed self-styled godman Asaram's ashram in Shahjahanpur district was found ransacked, police said on Sunday.
To protest against the VAT hike on petroleum products in the state, all petrol pumps in Uttar Pradesh will remain closed for six hours on Tuesday.
A massive anti-encroachment drive launched by the district authorities here in collaboration with the civic body, is gathering pace towards clearing the interiors of the city.
Central security agencies are assessing the threat to suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur and his social activist wife Nutan Thakur.
An Indian school bus carrying Nepalese children was allegedly set ablaze by a section of protesting Maoists along the Indo-Nepal border, police said.
The beheaded bodies of a couple were recovered from a railway track on the Lucknow-Varanasi section here on Saturday morning, police said.
Uttar Pradesh government Friday recommended CBI probe into murder of prime witness Akhil Gupta in a rape case against self-styled godman Asaram Bapu.
Uttar Pradesh government on Friday recommended a CBI probe into the death of Sara Singh, daughter-in-law of jailed former minister Amarmani Tripathi, in a car accident in Firozabad earlier this month.
In what may sound like a mythical tale, a woman in Uttar Pradesh's Badaun area whom her kin had thought to be dead, came back to life during her funeral procession, a report claimed on Friday.
Senior IPS officer Amitabh Thakur's complaint against Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has been disposed off, police said. Thakur is now planning to move court.
The Uttar Pradesh police has rejected suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur's plea for an FIR against SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav for allegedly threatening him on phone with dire consequences, saying the allegations have not been substantiated.
Gunshots were fired at a private clinic here allegedly by a group of people following a heated argument with a compounder over a pathology report.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by two youths at Kandhla town of Shamli district, a police officer said on Friday.
A 26-year-old woman was shot dead and her husband injured by three unidentified robbers on Panipat-Khatima highway in the district.
The Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta has begun a probe against a senior IPS officer, Amitabh Thakur, an official said Thursday.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: India commemorates its historic win against Pakistan
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- Top 25 @2 pm
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'? Part-2
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- No large ISIS footprints but it's creeping into India: Army
- Army's capabilities have grown since Kargil war: Lt Gen Hooda
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed
- Katrina Kaif reveals her marriage plans!
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: Manohar Parrikar, three service chiefs pay tribute at Amar Jawan Jyoti; PM expresses solidarity
- After uproar, Salman Khan tenders 'unconditional' apology for controversial Yakub Memon tweets
- Did Yakub Memon return to India on understanding with intelligence officials, asks Omar Abdullah
- 61,000 Indian millionaires shifted overseas in last 14 years: Report