Tension prevailed in Jansath after a local religious leader's car was allegedly attacked by some people in Muradnagar here, police said on Friday.
Uttar Pradesh News
Opposing the demand for Jat reservation, the Bhartiya Kisan Sanghathan (BKS) has threatened to boycott Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Sanjeev Balyan for supporting the issue.
A 16 year-old-girl was allegedly raped by three youths when she has gone to collect water from public hand pump at Budhana town in the district, police said on Thursday.
Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) jawans on Wednesday saved a teenage girl from drowning after she jumped into the Saryu river allegedly in an attempt to take her life.
Private taxi owners roughed up Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) officer when he tried to stop the illegal operation of unauthorised taxis from Faizabad bus depot.
An unidentified body of a 40-year-old woman was today found from Behta Hajipur Railway station here.
In more trouble for suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, UP Lokayukta has recommended registration of an FIR and an inquiry against him by "any agency", including CBI, in disproportionate assets case.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday interacted with Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand and inquired about several issues including progress made by the state in crime and criminal tracking network and system (CCTNS) and road construction.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday spoke to senior administration and police officers of the district through video conferencing and inquired about law and order.
Amid strong protest and walkout by Opposition parties, the Uttar Pradesh Assembly on Wednesday passed a Bill that seeks to relax the provisions restricting SCs and STs to sell their land to non-Dalits.
Opposition BSP and BJP on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Uttar Pradesh Assembly, accusing the government of not being serious towards preventing the spread of dengue and other vector-borne diseases in the state.
The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday said it has proposed round-the-clock power supply, except for tubewells, at all places in the state after 2019.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate on Wednesday ordered return of land with Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust in Amethi to UP state corporation, DM Jagatraj Tirpathi said.
An 18-year-old girl, who went missing from Shamli and later found dead in Baghpat district on Saturday, was gang-raped and murdered by three youths who have been arrested, police said Wednesday.
A 27-year-old Army jawan was shot dead allegedly by his uncle over property-related dispute in Bopada village here, police said on Wednesday.
BJP plans to target the Gandhi family in a big way over the alleged sale to a trust run by it of land meant for a bicycle factory here and said the party is awaiting the local administration's action on a complaint over the matter before proceeding with such programmes.
The Congress party on Tuesday held demonstrations across the state at district headquarters and tehsils against the Akhilesh Yadav-led government in Uttar Pradesh.
The series of fires in 'Swasthya Bhawan', the health headquarters of Uttar Pradesh, have turned out to be a conspiracy, police said on Tuesday.
Slamming the state government over the law and order situation, BJP Mahila Morcha Uttar Pradesh president Madhu Mishra on Tuesday said the Samajwadi Party has failed to check crime.
The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday dismissed a Public interest litigation ( PIL ) petition seeking a direction for controlling the hike in prices of onion, pulses and other essential food articles.
The Allahabad High Court has said that remedial steps have to be taken for acid attack victims because they endure sufferings everyday for whole life and the wrong done always haunt them.
A class XI school girl was on Tuesday kidnapped allegedly by unidentified persons and was later recovered from a train toilet at Bilpur railway station, police said here.
The recent fire incidents in Uttar Pradesh health directorate were caused "deliberately" and six doctors as well 16 clerks were "involved" in it, Special Task Force has said in its inquiry.
A man, claiming to be brother of a Samajwadi Party MLA, has allegedly thrashed a trainee inspector here, police said on Tuesday.
The tussle between Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik and the state government over appointment of Lokayukta today hit a new low with the file recommending the name of retired justice Ravindra Singh being returned by Raj Bhawan for the fifth time.
At least 36 school children were taken ill after consuming mid-day meal at two government schools, located in the same compound, at Kaserwa village under Budhana police station in the district.
In what came as a rude shock for a young man and a woman in Uttar Pradesh's Agra district, a home sex video of the couple went viral on social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
Ahead of the Uttar Pradesh panchayat polls, BJP vice-president Om Mathur on Monday took stock of the party`s preparedness in the state and organisational work here at the party headquarters.
A plot of land here that is at the centre of a row between BJP and Congress was "illegally" transferred in the name of a bicycle company that had taken it on lease from UP government and later sold to a trust owned by the Gandhi family, a senior official said on Monday.
No enquiry report has yet been submitted by police before the Lucknow CJM on a complaint filed by suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur seeking registration of FIR against Mulayam Singh Yadav for allegedly threatening him, Thakur's wife on Monday claimed.
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder: The story till now
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Mumbai Police admits 'Sheena Vohra murder case is resolved'
- Caught on camera: UP woman assaults paralysed mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Why do the 'affluent' Patel community want reservation?
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Arvind Kejriwal welcomed with slogans of "Kejriwal go back" in Bihar
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Who is Hardik Patel?
- How Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora's murder mystery unfolded – Read
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania
- Patel quota row: Army called as Gujarat comes to standstill; 7 killed, dozens injured
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: The unanswered questions