A man was allegedly refrained from touching his mother's body at her funeral by a panchayat of the Valmiki community for "marrying a widow" on the grounds that he had gone against the "rules of the society".
Uttar Pradesh News
Amid controversy over L K Advani not being invited at a function in the district which Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend, the organisers has said the BJP patriarch has not been extended an invitation as he has never been a member of its committee.
President of Meerut College Students' Union was slightly injured after being allegedly shot at in the premises of the institute here on Friday.
A murder accused who masterminded his disappearance by getting himself declared dead was taken note of by the Delhi High Court on Friday which criticised the police Delhi and Uttar Pradesh for indulging in a blame game rather than collectively trying to track him down.
A 15-year-old girl was kidnapped and gang-raped by four persons following which three of them were arrested on Friday in Badaut police station area here, officials said.
Two men allegedly raped a 30-year-old married woman on the pretext of giving her a job in Kankerkheda area in the district, police said on Friday.
Uttar Pradesh government has appointed former Chief Minister ND Tiwari's son Rohit Shekhar as adviser to the state's Transport department.
A bride in Kanpur Dehat district refused to marry the groom after she found out that he was physically handicapped, police said.
Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Shahid Manzoor's daughter Abida, who drowned in the Ganga river in Rishikesh, was buried at Kasba Kithore here.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad will hold talks with Samajwadi Party President Mulayam Singh Yadav here tomorrow amid continuing differences over formalising a merger before the state Assembly polls.
The body of Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Shahid Manzoor's daughter Abida, who was feared drowned in the Ganga river in Rishikesh, was recovered here on Thursday, 11 days after the mishap.
Photos of a girl were allegedly taken and morphed into obscene pictures at a birthday party and posted on social media, police said on Thursday.
A tripartite meeting convened by the Centre to resolve disputes between Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh governments over release of water from Bansagar dam on Thursday failed to make headway as several outstanding issues could not be sorted out.
The plains of Uttar Pradesh reeled under sweltering heat on Thursday with weather remaining dry all over the state.
The famous Banarasi 'paan', known for its sweetness all over the world, would now become sweeter after Uttar Pradesh government has decided to exempt aromatic rose petal-based 'gulkand' from tax net.
A local BSP leader has been arrested on charges of murdering his 16-year-old niece with whom he was allegedly in an extra-marital relationship, police said on Thursday.
A marriage party of 12 persons was allegedly attacked by a mob with stones over playing music at Sonta village here, police said on Thursday.
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) has given a young heart patient from Agra a reason to smile despite her hardships, by ensuring that she gets treated free of cost.
Three persons were on Thursday killed and another injured when a tractor-trolley overturned in the Isanagar area here, police said.
A 50-year-old cleric was shot dead allegedly by three unidentified persons in Mimlana road locality here, police said on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will lead a state delegation to France, known for manufacturing best perfumes in the world.
The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday announced a financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh each to families affected in Hashimpura and Maliyana incidents in Meerut district in 1987.
A UP-based 20-year-old girl, who had gone to Delhi to appear for an examination, has reportedly gone missing, police said on Wednesday.
Corruption is the biggest hurdle in the development of Uttar Pradesh, Governor Ram Naik on Wednesday said as he flagged its growth in the education sector.
The district administration here has cancelled leases of 20 pieces of land given to 17 people for plantation which they allegedly used for farming purposes.
A police constable has been suspended in connection with the alleged suicide of a youth here and a probe ordered against him, police said on Wednesday.
A 60-year-old man was killed and three of his family members seriously injured when a gang of robbers allegedly beat them in Chandasi locality of Mughalsarai city here, police said on Wednesday.
The pradhan of Mant Raja village here was allegedly harassed and assaulted by two policemen, prompting the department to take action against them.
Union Minister for Water Resources Uma Bharti met the chief ministers of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday to discuss the issue of supply of water to Uttar Pradesh from the Bansagar Dam in Madhya Pradesh.
Hitting out at Modi government, Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday alleged it was trying get back at him by creating hurdles in implementation of development schemes in his constituency and was hurting the interests of farmers and the poor with its actions.
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly