A woman was allegedly gang-raped by an advocate and two of his accomplices in Kherauna village here.
Uttar Pradesh News
Setting aside the suggestion of Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik to name the new secretariat building under construction in the state capital as 'mantralaya', Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said it would be named as 'Mukhamantri Karyalaya'.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) is soon expected to register a criminal case of money laundering against former Chief Engineer of Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway Yadav Singh and his associates.
Haji Zameerullah Khan, the Samajwadi Party leader, has initiated a campaign to save cows from being slaughtered.
Two days ahead of the Lawyers' Association election, two explosions rocked the district court within span of minutes here on Tuesday, but no one was injured in the incident, police said.
Congress workers on Tuesday staged a demonstration in front of BJP state office here against suspension of 25 party MPs from Lok Sabha.
Congress workers staged a protest here on Tuesday against the suspension of its MPs from Lok Sabha.
The Allahabad High Court on Monday stayed for four weeks the bailable warrant issued against Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal by a Amethi court for his alleged inflammatory speech in UP during Lok Sabha elections.
A retired section officer at the Aligarh Muslim University submitted a complaint to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi alleging that the university administration has indulged in "financial irregularity."
A man, wanted by Bihar and Uttar Pradesh police in 23 criminal cases and carrying a total cash reward of Rs 60,000 on his head, has been arrested along with his accomplice following an encounter with Special Task Force (STF) here.
As many as 24 persons were booked for allegedly pilfering power during a drive by Electricity Department here, police said on Monday.
The appointment of Sachidanand Giri Maharaj – Sachin Datta before he took sanyas – as Mahamandaleshwar of Niranjani Akhara has triggered a massive controversy.
A 57-year-old security guard posted at UP's government Information Department was killed by some unidentified persons in city area here, police said on Monday.
Two youths were allegedly beaten up by some persons while they were travelling in a bus under Mansurpur police station limits here, police said today.
A woman constable was allegedly beaten to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry in Khatauli town here, police said today.
A teenage girl was allegedly gang-raped by three minor boys in Ughaiti area here, police said today.
A body of a man was found hanging from a tree between Dastampur and Nisia area here, police said on Saturday.
Shivratri is round the corner and preparations are underway to avoid hour-long traffic jams during Kanwar Yatra in Ghaziabad and adjoining areas. The traffic police has chalked out a plan to divert several routes between August 06 to 14. Here's how it has been planned:
After naming Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) as Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday emphasised on developing it as a centre of excellence.
Refusing to relent, Uttar Pradesh government has sent the same list of five names to Raj Bhawan for nomination to the Legislative Council under the nominated members category which the governor had returned seeking more information.
Three policemen who were wanted in a 32-year-old alleged fake encounter of the brother of a former MLA have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Six persons, including two women, were injured in a clash between two groups allegedly over an offensive remark made against a girl at Bbhanwada village in the district, police said on Saturday.
A class XII student was allegedly abducted and raped by two youths at Civil Lines area here, police said on Saturday.
The Congress on Saturday launched a scathing attack on the Akhilesh Yadav government on the appointment of Lokayukta in Uttar Pradesh and has asked it to come clear on the controversy.
Nine persons were injured in a clash between two groups over land dispute at Vidirika village in this district, police said on Saturday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will hold a two-day training programme for its workers in Bareilly starting Saturday, a party spokesman said.
Shia clerics will meet Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at his Delhi residence next week and tell him that members of their community were being targeted, a spokesman said on Saturday.
Four people were injured after a stampede broke out at a temple in Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
With the arrest of two persons, the Government Railway Police today claimed to have busted a drug-and-loot gang operating from Kanpur Central Railway Station.
The NHRC on Friday issued a notice to Uttar Pradesh authorities over the alleged beating up of disabled people by police at Bijnore collectorate. It called for a report on the matter within two weeks.
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- Vyapam scam has destroyed future of young people in MP: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Porn banned, will sex be banned next?
- Can you eat rice like a South Indian? - Watch
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Indian government, NSCN(IM) sign 'historic' Naga peace accord
- Delhi Police's new weapon – Taser guns
- Wanted: Pakistani 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' to unite Indian girl with her family
- Power struggle in Taliban, Mullah Omar's son killed in Pakistan?