Flood-like situation in Uttar Pradesh remained grim as several districts experienced heavy rain in the past 24 hours.
Uttar Pradesh News
Scores of lawyers on Tuesday suspended work at district court and jammed roads protesting the attack on a 30-year-old lawyer who was grievously injured when unidentified persons shot at him, police said.
In a lesson of sorts for eve-teasers, a schoolgirl in Uttar Pradesh's Pilibhit district dragged a man inside a police station and thrashed him before cops for allegedly stalking her and passing lewd comments.
The Samajwadi Party on Tuesday said that an investigation is going on in the Barabanki incident, where a woman was allegedly set ablaze by two policemen, and added that the guilty will be punished.
A 32-year-old man, his wife and their five-year-old son were found dead with their throats slit at their home here in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Tuesday.
BJP national president Amit Shah will visit the city on July 11 to hold a meeting with senior leaders and MLAs to discuss about the 2017 Assembly elections in the state on the sidelines of 'Mahasampark Abhiyan'.
A six-year-old boy has allegedly been sodomised by a youth at Gujjarwada locality in Deoband, police said on Tuesday.
Former Union minister of state for home affairs RPN Singh on Tuesday demanded an independent judicial probe of a woman who was burnt alive by two policemen in Uttar Pradesh's Barabanki District.
A woman was on Tuesday awarded life term by district court for killing her husband, an Army jawan, and burying the body in the bathroom of their house at Ganganagar locality here.
An FIR has been filed against Jalesar Tehsildar by his wife for allegedly assaulting her at his residence here, police said on Tuesday.
Body of an Army jawan was found on railway tracks near Ambeta village in Shamli district after he allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train, police said on Tuesday.
At least nine people, including two policemen, were injured in a clash allegedly between two groups over a minor dispute in Uttar Pradesh's Shamli district, police said on Tuesday.
The Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday condemned the Barabanki incident, where a woman was set ablaze in a police station for allegedly refusing to pay a bribe, claiming that the law and order situation of Uttar Pradesh has deteriorated to such an extent that even the phrase 'jungle raaj' does not do justice to it.
BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai on Tuesday said the Barabanki incident was a shameful one which has exposed the reality of the Uttar Pradesh government's 1090 Women Powerline in the state.
The husband of the woman, who was allegedly set on fire by two policemen in Uttar Pradesh's Barabanki district, has rejected reports that she had self-immolated.
In yet another case of abuse of power, ruling Samajwadi Party MLA Rajkumar Yadav made life tough for Rajasthan Police when he stopped a truck carrying buffaloes and freed all the bovines out on the field after it raced ahead of his car, a newspaper report said on Tuesday.
At least three people died while three others were admitted to a hospital for treatment after allegedly consuming toxic liquor.
Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chief Barkha Shukla Singh on Tuesday blamed the Uttar Pradesh government led by Akhilesh Yadav for a gruesome incident took place on Monday.
In yet another incident exposing the brazen face of Uttar Pradesh Police, a middle-aged woman, said to be the mother of a journalist, was set ablaze by two policemen after she refused to "bribe" them to free her husband, reports said on Tuesday. The 40-year-old woman, who suffered serious burns, died last night.
Uttar Pradesh Police on Monday claimed to have solved the murder case of transgender Daya Rani Kinnar with the arrest of two accused.
The mother of a journalist was set ablaze on Monday at Kothi police station here allegedly by two policemen after she refused to "bribe" them to free her husband, prompting authorities to suspend the two officials and register a case against them.
A CRPF jawan has been booked here on the charges of raping a 20-year-old girl for over a year on the pretext of marrying her, police said on Monday.
Samajwadi Party on Monday accused BJP of "blowing up even small incidents" and giving them "communal colours" to "orchestrate" riots in Uttar Pradesh.
A 28-year-old woman here tried to commit suicide be immolating herself at Kothi police station alleging "humiliation and abuse" by police on Monday, following which the accused cops have been suspended.
Police on Monday claimed to have busted a sex racket with the arrest of nine girls and five men from a rented house at Kalyanpur area here this morning.
Three children were electrocuted on Monday in Uttar Pradeh when they came in contact with a live wire that was lying unnoticed in an inundated agricultural land, police said.
A mother and her child were saved by divers, while three others, including her husband alongwith seven-year-old son, drowned when their boat capsized in river Dhela in Bhagatpur here.
A 17-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the 'objectionable' message that had allegedly circulated via social networking app here, sparking communal tension in the district on Saturday last week.
A lawyer has been arrested for allegedly killing the husband of a local corporator in Shahabad area here, police said on Monday.
Two persons have been arrested and a Scorpio, country made pistol and cartridges were recovered from their possession at Dhumari village crossing here, police said on Monday.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- DNA: All you need to know about Vyapam scam
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Ajay Devgn to appear on 'Nach Baliye 7' finale?
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput Wedding: All you need to know
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi, asks him to join probe in three weeks