The Metro rail project in Kanpur, the largest industrial city in Uttar Pradesh, would be launched by March while Rs.200 crore has been provided from the Infrastructure Development Fund for the Lucknow Metro rail, an official said on Monday.
Uttar Pradesh News
A lotus-shaped, 125-feet-high white marble temple dedicated to Lord Krishna opened here on Monday.
BJP chief Amit Shah said on Monday that Modi government had taken measures to preserve and promote 'Sanatan dharma', while politics in the country had earlier got "detatched" from religion.
In a huge embarrassment to ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh, an eight-year-old boy was killed in celebratory firing by party workers in Shamli district that led Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today to order the immediate removal of some of the area's top officers.
The sisters had ignored the eve-teaser for a few days but things went to a boil when he also started passing lewd gestures.
Lashing out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, the Shiv Sena on Monday branded Uttar Pradesh as an "Islamic state" and alleged that the state government has begun "anti-national business" for appeasing politics.
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Monday detained three persons in connection with the death of an eight-year-old boy in a celebratory firing in Shamli.
Union minister Kalraj Mishra has said government will take a call on construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya after the Supreme Court comes out with its verdict on the appeal against the Allahabad high court judgement on the title suit.
Over 50 lakh people took the holy dip at Sangam , the confluence of the Ganges, Yamuna and Saraswati, at Sangam in Allahabad on the occasion of Mauni Amavasya on Monday.
Lashing out at the Akhilesh Yadav government for organising Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, the Shiv Sena on Monday branded Uttar Pradesh as an "Islamic state" and alleged that the state government has begun "anti-national business" for appeasement politics.
Lashing out at Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and UP CM Akhilesh Yadav, AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi has alleged that they are not allowing Muslim leaders in their party to speak up.
The oldest litigant in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute, Hashim Ansari has been admitted to the ICU of Lucknow's King George Medical University (KGMU) on Sunday.
A young eve-teaser was beaten up by a brave girl student in Allahabad recently in a new video which has become viral on the Internet.
Muzaffarnagar; Former Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has accused BJP of giving "false" assurances to the people and said it should be given a "befitting lesson" for failing to fulfill its election p
The winter chill returned to most parts of Uttar Pradesh, including Lucknow, on Monday following heavy snowfall and rains in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
At least three coaches of the Avadh Assam Express derailed on Monday at Muzaffarpur Junction railway station of Bihar.
Large number devotees thronged 'Har Ki Pauri' ghat in Haridwar on Monday morning to take holy dip in the Ganges on the occasion of Mauni Amavasya.
The SP workers opened fire while celebrating the victory of candidate Nafisa in the block elections.
Attacking Mulayam, Owaisi asked why they SP chief "invited Narendra Modi, the man responsible for Gujarat carnage, to his place to attend a marriage ceremony".
On February 5, a Muzaffarnagar court had acquitted the 10 people in connection with the burning of a 30-year-old woman and a 10-year-old boy at Lank village due to lack of evidence.
Hitting out at SP leader Azam Khan for his "Modi met Dawood" claim, BJP today asked Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to either prove his cabinet colleague's charges or apologise for the "baseless remark".
Controversial Noida chief engineer Yadav Singh , facing corruption probe by CBI, is alleged to have pocketed over Rs 100 crore as "undisclosed commission" during his tenure between 2008-14.
Amid the Shiv Sena protests looming over Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali `s concert in Lucknow today, the Bharatiya Janata Party has called upon the state administration to ensure that the event is performed in a peaceful environment and no untoward incident takes place.
Ahead of Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, Shiv Sena's UP Chief Anil Singh has been put under house arrest but the latter has asserted that protests against the singer will be carried out in the city.
Government Saturday rubbished as "false and baseless" the allegation of senior Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan, who plumbed new depths to claim that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had met underworld don Dawood Ibrahim in Lahore at the residence of his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif during his Christmas Day visit.
While BJP attacked him, even a Congress spokesperson said attached no importance to it saying it cannot be believed.
Amitabh Bachchan, his wife Jaya and son Abhishek had politely declined the pension offer by the UP government.
Delhi Police' Special Cell on Friday arrested a suspected ISIS sympathiser Mohsin from the Inter State Bus Terminal in national capital.
The supporters of Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav are performing a 77-day yagna to seek divine blessings for the veteran leader's 76th birth anniversary.
A probe has been ordered against the headmaster of a primary school in Kanpur district of Uttar Pradesh after a complaint by the Dalit village head that the he purified his chair before sitting on it as it was was used by her.
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Divyansh's death: Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail? - Part II
- West Bengal: Youth held for Facebook post against TMC leader
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Incredible India website to provide 12 foreign languages to aid tourists
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- 'Chinese New Year' greetings from Mark Zuckerberg and family!- Watch
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley
- Shah Rukh Khan gearing up for Imtiaz Ali's next?
- The great IPL dream: Mumbai Indians' 3.2 crore man Nathu Singh's rags to riches story
- It is termed pornography when a woman writes about her body: Taslima Nasreen
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Ranchi shame: Boy sexually assaulted, 'murdered' in private school; 3 teachers detained