A widow has alleged that she was gang-raped by an occultist and his friend in Mathura.
Uttar Pradesh News
Women from Chiroli village today attacked liquor stores here and burnt illicit liquor bottles.
Noida police has arrested a narcotics smuggler and seized 1.9 kg of ganja from him.
A communal clash broke in the state capital on Friday night after a minor spat between two communities over use of a loudspeaker during Friday prayers snowballed into pitched battles and incidents of vandalism, officials said.
A 12-year-old mentally challenged girl died at a shelter home here due to some sudden ailment, police said today.
About 100 live bullet rounds belonging to troops of paramilitary SSB were reported to have gone missing when they were going from Delhi to their base here, after which two securitymen were suspended.
In an apparent move to woo Muslims, Uttar Pradesh government on Friday declared a public holiday on Eid-milad-un-Nabi on December 24.
Seven members of a family were injured in an acid attack in Meerut, police said on Friday.
Uttar Pradesh BJP chief Laxmikant Bajpai has hit back at Rahul Gandhi over his "suit-boot ki sarkar" remark against Narendra Modi government, saying if the Congress vice-president is "real sympathiser of farmers", then he should ask his 'suited-booted' brother-in-law to return the land to them.
A 20-year-old youth suffered serious injuries when his jilted ladylove threw acid on him in Jaam village here, police said on Friday.
The Delhi High Court on Friday sought response of 16 policemen acquitted of murder charges and other crimes by a trial court in the 1987 Hashimpura massacre case.
A 35-year-old woman and her paramour were arrested and her minor son apprehended for allegedly killing her husband in Pushpa Vihar Colony here on Friday, police said.
Two persons were killed and another seriously injured when the motorcycle on which they were travelling was hit by a pick up van near Devnathpur area here, police said on Friday.
The Delhi High Court on Friday sought reply of 16 former Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel on Uttar Pradesh government's plea against their acquittal by trial court in Hashimpura massacre case.
A late night acid attack left seven members of a family, including a six-month-old child and five women, injured in Meerut.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by three persons in Sakoti village of Shamli district following which the accused were arrested, police said on Friday.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh has claimed that the state government's policies were finding an echo on foreign shores and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was being lauded for his visionary decisions.
Torrid heat on Friday continued to scorch Uttar Pradesh with the mercury crossing the 47 mark in Allahabad making it the hottest place in the state.
An ex-model and her friend have been sentenced to life in prison by a district court here which held them guilty of murdering the former's parents in 2008.
Eight persons drowned on Thursday while two others are believed to have been washed away in rivers in separate incidents in the state on the occasion of Ganga Dussehra.
An undertrial, who was undergoing treatment at the district hospital here, on Thursday escaped from custody following which two jail constables were suspended, police said.
A 22-year-old student of MBBS at a local medical college here committed suicide in her hostel room here, police said.
Members belonging to a Hindu group on Thursday burnt effigy of Union Minister Kiren Rijiju here over his reported comment on beef eating and demanded that he be sacked.
An IAF helicopter today made an emergency landing in a field at Bhopura village, 40km from district headquarters Amroha, after it developed snag.
State capital Lucknow and other places in Uttar Pradesh continued to reel under intense heat on a bright and sunny day on Thursday with the Met Office promising no immediate relief from the scorcher.
A young married couple in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh were killed allegedly by the woman's father, who was upset over their marriage.
CPI(M) on Thursday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi's choice of launching propaganda blitz on his one-year rule from Mathura was "not innocent" and alleged it was loaded with dangers of escalating communal tension across the country.
On a tour of Rae Bareli, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Thursday accused the Centre of showing apathetic attitude towards her constituency, days after Rahul Gandhi alleged that the Modi government was pursuing "politics of vendetta" against them.
Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday met UP Governor Ram Naik who has sought background details of the nine candidates recommended for nomination to the Legislative Council, at Raj Bhawan here.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday said it was 'appalling' to see the Gandhi family, which has ruled over Amethi for years, looking to the BJP to develop their political bastion.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in