Two days after escaping from the high-security Tihar prisons, the second undertrial was on Tuesday arrested from Gonda district of Uttar Pradesh by Delhi Police.
Uttar Pradesh News
Faridnagar in Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh, which was hit by communal violence on Sunday night, remained calm on Tuesday amid heavy deployment of security forces.
Heavy rains on Tuesday failed to dampen the spirit of devotees bound for Badrinath and Hemkund Sahib as yatra to the famed Himalayan shrines in Uttarakhand went on uninterrupted with the Chief Minister ordering heavier deployment of SDRF, police and administrative personnel on sensitive points along the route.
BSP supremo Mayawati on Tuesday accused BJP government at Centre and states of not following "raj dharma" and asked the allies of the saffron party especially in Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir, to reconsider their alliance.
Moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at many places over eastern Uttar Pradesh and at a few places in western parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
A social activist along with another person was arrested today for allegedly instigating tribals to encroach forest land.
As many as 30 pilgrims were injured on Tuesday as the bus they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck on Hathras-Sikandarau road here, police said.
A court here sentenced a man and his mother to seven years imprisonment for killing his wife for dowry in 2011.
Three persons have been booked under the Gangster (Control) Act three months after allegedly raping a woman here, Sakrauli police said on Tuesday.
Four persons, including three children, from the same family were killed and others received serious injuries in a fire due to cooking gas leakage in their house in Majhwara bazar area here, police said on Tuesday.
Three persons, including two women, have been killed in separate incidents in the district during last 48 hours, police said on Tuesday.
Seven persons were injured in a clash between two groups in Bhagpur village under Kotwali Bagwala area, police said.
A 20-year-old woman was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by three youths in Kithore police station area here, police said on Monday.
It seems even death sentence has failed to infuse fear in the perverted minds of rapists.
Passengers of the the Aisbagh-Gonda passenger train faced anxious moments when six of its coaches on Monday got detached at the outer signal of Bankeyganj railway station here and the engine chugged forward, railway officials said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three youths from her neighbourhood in Civil Lines area here, police said on Monday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that the schemes launched by his government were "unparallelled" as against those launched by the NDA-led Centre.
The Union Home Ministry on Monday expressed concern over two recent incidents of communal tension in Uttar Pradesh and asked the administration to ensure peace in the state.
Moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at most places over eastern Uttar Pradesh while rains lashed few areas in the western part in the last 24 hours.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that the Samajwadi Party, led by his father Mulayam Singh Yadav, is committed to solving the nation's problems.
Preparations have commenced for the 'Ardha Kumbh' set to begin here in January 2016.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped at a gunpoint by two youths here, police said on Monday.
A man was shot dead allegedly by his son in Udaypur village of neighbouring Shamli district, following which he was arrested, police said on Monday,
Five persons including two women, were injured when a clash broke out between two groups over a minor issue at Chala Village here, police said on Monday.
In a daring jailbreak, two undertrials dug a tunnel in the country's most secure prison, Tihar jail, and managed to escape.
A BJP worker was allegedly molested by a party leader and his four associates here, police said on Sunday.
As many as 51 cases of rape and 208 cases of harassment have been registered in the district till May this year.
A journalist was seriously injured in an attack by about half-a-dozen persons in Anand Puri Colony in Krishna Nagar area, police said on Sunday.
Taking a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for postponing his Varanasi visit due to heavy rainfall, Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan on Sunday said he should not play with the emotions of the people.
Congress is unnecessarily blowing the Lalit Modi controversy out of proportion, BJP leader Arun Singh has said, adding that false allegations are being levelled against the women leaders of his party.
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Fast N Facts @ 9 am
- Watch: Fast n Facts @ 4 pm
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 2 pm
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro via video-conferencing
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- Tunisia terror attack: Have to counter ISIS' poisonous ideology, says David Cameron
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor