Under the Sharia Law, a man can divorce his wife if he says ‘talaq’ to her three times.
Uttar Pradesh News
As per a report, a group of Muslim men came together to collect around Rs 50,000 in donations in order to free 15 Hindus languishing in a jail.
A student from the law faculty of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) on Thursday attempted to kill himself as he was allegedly unable to afford the fee for his semester examination.
Chandan was in love with the girl and had been following her for a long time. He was upset over her wedding with someone else, police said.
With three droughts in successive years, the Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh is on the verge of famine, Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav on Wednesday claimed and called for urgent steps by the Centre and state government to address the problem.
If India would have been an intolerant country, then Kiran Rao would not have been Aamir Khan's wife, Laxmi Kant Bajpai said on Wednesday, .
Nutan Thakur, social activist and wife of suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, expressed her intentions to join BJP.
An elderly woman was killed and several pilgrims were injured when a tractor trolley overturned in Lalganj area.
Ramkripal worked as a mason in Kedarnath when the tragedy struck in June 2013 killing thousands of people and leaving thousands missing.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik has referred a petition seeking disqualification of Samajwadi Party MLA Waqar Ahmad Shah, who is in coma for a long time, to Election Commission for opinion.
While Mayawati and Mulayam Singh share an old hostility, Yadav has rarely attacked Mayawati by name and has always chosen to target her party instead.
Azam Khan further pointed out that the fears had been expressed by Aamir's wife who is not a Muslim but a Hindu.
Gaurav, who sustained a bullet injury on his thigh, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Chairman of Sri Kashi Vishwanath Mandir Nyas Parishad said there is no dress code of wearing saree imposed for pilgrims visiting Kashi Vishwanath temple.
BJP on Monday termed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's UP visit a "political stunt".
Suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi alleging that he has been suspended not for dereliction of duty or impropriety in official work but "for working more" and sought his intervention in the matter.
A team of district excise department officials has seized 85 cartons of liquor which were allegedly being smuggled to lure voters for the gram pradhan elections, an official said here on Monday.
Samajwadi Party city president Rashid Siddiqui was allegedly beaten up by some party workers during a meeting here, following which three persons were arrested.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday led a march in Uttar Pradesh's Saharanpur district to highlight the problems being faced by sugarcane farmers.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has said that had ND Tiwari, ex-UP CM, been in SP, he would have been a big name among socialist leaders.
The Congress on Sunday said that the money spent on Mulayam Singh Yadav's 76th birthday party could have been utilised for the welfare of people.
The NSUI-RLD alliance bagged the president's seat while ABVP won the vice president and general secretary positions in the Students' Union elections at the Chaudhary Charan Singh University (CCSU) here.
A 76-kg cake has been ordered to mark the occasion on Sunday.
In 2012, then 13-year-old Bitiya (name changed), a Dalit, was gang-raped in a village in Uttar Pradesh.
Decked out in flowers and lights, buildings are wearing a bridal look for the celebration tomorrow of the 76th birthday of Mulayam.
According to former Delhi High Court chief justice Rajinder Sachar, beef trade in India has involvement of more Hindus than Muslims.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly abducted from Rajendra Nagar industrial area in Sahibabad here this evening, police said.
A 40-year-old man, employed as clerk in trade tax department, died under suspicious circumstances at a private hospital said police.
At least 10 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire in Modi Nagar.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Ambedkar never thought about leaving India despite criticism: Rajnath's jibe at Aamir
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!