After BJP MP Vijay Goel, a party leader here has now put up hoardings in the city likening Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Mahatma Gandhi.
Uttar Pradesh News
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday announced a compensation of Rs 20 lakh to the kin of 50-year-old Mohammad Iqlakh, who was lynched for allegedly possessing beef.
Rahul on Saturday reached Bishada village in Dadri and met the family of Iqlakh who was lynched following rumours that he ate beef.
Voicing sadness over Dadri lynching incident, Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Staurday appealed to the people of the state to maintain peace and cooperate with the government.
Terming as "unfortunate" the lynching of a serving air warrior's father over rumours of eating beef, IAF chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said they are looking at the possibility of moving the family to an Air Force area.
Two main accused were arrested on Saturday in connection with the lynching of a man over suspected beef consumption at Bishada village near Dadri, Uttar Pradesh.
A major railway tragedy was on Saturday averted when a bomb was found near an old storehouse at Farukkhabad station and later defused.
c on Saturday expressed grief over the lynching of an Air Force personnel's father in Dadri, saying that it was an 'unfortunate' incident and that he will do everything in his power for the welfare of the victim's family.
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture and Tourism Mahesh Sharma on Saturday alleged that AIMIM chief Asauddin Owaisiwent to Dadri to do politics over the Dadri lynching case.
Delhi Chief Minister and AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday was allowed to enter Bishada village and meet the family of a man lynched for allegedly eating beef.
A 23-year-old woman allegedly attempted suicide by hanging herself after a man 'forced' her to marry his brother at gun-point in Jasvantpuri under Civil Lines police station here, police said on Saturday.
A local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member's son and four others instigated the crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh and his family in Bishada village near Dadri for alleged consumption of beef, a report said on Saturday.
Dismissing allegations that his utterances and actions were politically motivated, Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Friday asserted that he was discharging his duties in the manner mandated by the Constitution.
A 30-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by her friend and two other youths in Sunder Puri colony under Vijay Nagar police station area here, police said on Friday.
On the first anniversary of 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan', Congress today claimed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's constituency Varanasi ranked way down at 418 among 476 cities in terms of cleanliness in an "undeclared" list of the Urban Development Ministry.
Opposition parties on Friday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his "silence" on the killing of a man in Dadri over rumours of his family having eaten beef, saying he should have condemned the incident or at least offered his condolences.
Opposition on Friday hit out at PM Narendra Modi over his "silence" on the killing of a man in Dadri over rumours of beef consumption.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) grilled former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati in connection with alleged swindling of funds in the implementation of centrally funded National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam earlier this week.
Questioning Prime Minister Narendra Modi's silence on the recent killing of a man at Dadri over rumours that he had eaten beef, TMC MP Sultan Ahmed today said that the PM should make a statement on "communal" incidents in the country to stop RSS and other outfits from disrupting communal harmony.
Police here on Friday prevented a 96-year-old Gandhian and freedom fighter Chimman Lal Jain's bid to jump into Yamuna river from the Strachey Bridge to protest against the government's failure to stop liquor sales in Dalit colonies.
Controversial AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi on Friday visited the family of the man killed here by a mob following rumours that he and family had consumed beef and alleged that he was targeted for his religion as the political blame-game over the shocking incident intensified.
Targeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today said those who spoke against "pink revolution" should ban beef exports as they were now in power and alleged that they wanted to disturb the "secular" ethos of the country by raising such issues.
Condemning the brutal killing of Mohammad Akhlaq in Dadri over alleged rumours that his family consumed and stored beef in their house, Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister Azam Khan on Friday said that the fights between the Hindus and the Muslims should end in the name of meat.
The Congress Party on Friday said that the outlook of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Prime Minister Narendra Modi towards community and society was responsible for the recent mob-related murder of a Muslim resident in Dadri, Uttar Pradesh.
A day after calling the killing of a man for allegedly eating beef in a village in Greater Noida an 'accident', Union Minister Mahesh Sharma on Friday met the victim's family.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Thursday attacked the Samajwadi Party Government for being a "mute spectator" to the incident of lynching of a man in Uttar Pradesh over rumours of his family having eaten beef.
An FIR was lodged against SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav allegedly threatening IPS officer Amitabh Thakur over phone.
The temple priest, whom police had called a 'major link' in Dadri lynching incident, on Thursday admitted that he had made announcement of cow slaughtering after being pressurised by two villagers.
Amid a blame game over lynching of a 50-year-old man in Dadri by a mob, allegedly over consumption of beef, the Home Ministry on Thursday sought a detailed report from the Uttar Pradesh government over the incident.
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Morning Superfast @7am
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Up to 10 feared dead in Oregon college shooting
- Watch: Bollywood Breaking @2.30pm
- Sheena Bora murder prime accused Indrani Mukerjea admitted to hospital
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Preview
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: What's the 'bliing' factor?
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Did Lalu Prasad Yadav mean PM Narendra Modi assassinated Mahatma Gandhi?
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- ‘Singh is Bliing’ tweet review