Looking to build a political base in Uttar Pradesh which goes to polls next year, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will hold a public meeting at Ghatampur area here on August 6.
Uttar Pradesh News
Twelve persons were killed in an explosion that rocked the Shramjeevi Express on July 28, 2005, evening. Sixty other persons were injured.
Former BJP leader Dayashankar Singh, whose abusive remarks against BSP chief Mayawati caused an outcry, was arrested in Bihar after being on the run for days.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Friday vowed to make Uttar Pradesh the number one state in India.
The 90-year-old woman told the villagers that 'Yamraj' himself had come to earth to leave her back.
Expelled Bharatiya Janata Party leader Dayashankar Singh had said that even a prostitute was better than BSP chief Mayawati.
A fast track court convicted four persons, including a woman, for abducting and gangraping a 16-year-old girl in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and party's chief ministerial candidate Shiela Dikshit for 2017 assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh will interact with party workers at the Ramabai Ambedkar Ground in Lucknow.
A Dalit couple was hacked to death allegedly by an upper caste man for refusing to part with a paltry Rs 15.
A Dalit coupel was axed to death by a shopkeeper in Lakhmipur village of Uttar Pradesh`s Mainpuri district on Thursday for allegedly non-payment of Rs. 15 that they had borrowed from him.
In yet another shocking incident of atrocities against dalits, a couple was axed to death in Uttar Pradesh.
The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Thursday refused to quash the FIR lodged against former BJP state Vice-President Daya Shankar Singh and asked the state government to respond to a petition moved by the leader now in the eye of a controversy.
Singh, who was state BJP vice president, was expelled by the party for six years in the wake of the storm triggered by his remarks against the BSP supremo .
A Vaishali district court on Thursday ordered registration of an FIR against BSP president Mayawati and three other party leaders for allegedly making inflammatory speeches last week spreading animosity in the society.
In what is likely to aggravate trouble for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Thursday refused to put a stay on his arrest in connection with his abusive remarks against BSP chief Mayawati.
The BJP will be protesting against the BSP leaders and workers for dragging the family members of its expelled leader Dayashankar Singh into the political slugfest.
Two Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislators raised the banner of revolt against the party leadership on Wednesday and accused party chief Mayawati of selling tickets for a price.
Women workers, supporters and leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would be staging a sit-in and demonstrate in the state capital on Thursday against the alleged objectionable comments made by Bahujan Samaj Party leaders against the wife and daughter of former BJP leader Daya Shankar Singh.
A flood alert has been sounded in the Uttar Pradesh districts which border Nepal after rains pounded the Himalayan country in the past 48-hours, an official said on Wednesday.
A 21-year-old woman was killed allegedly over dowry demand at Aliganj tehsil here following which her husband and five others have been booked, police said today.
A recent picture of expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dayashankar Singh, who had made abusive statement against Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati, has come to the fore.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday launched a scathing attack on the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh and accused it of deviating from the ideals of socialist ideologue Dr Ram Manohar Lohia.
Congress chief ministerial candidate in Uttar Pradesh Sheila Diskhit on Tuesday said Congress would form government after 27 years in the state in the 2017 Assembly elections and BJP would stand fourth in the polls.
PM Narendra Modi has posted a video message on his Facebook page.
The first flight from Uttar Pradesh for Haj this year will take off on August 10, officials said on Tuesday. The flights will continue till August 21.
Criticising her ticket distribution system, Dayashankar Singh had compared Mayawati to a sex worker.
RJD president Lalu Prasad Tuesday said his party would not field any candidate in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly election and would work in favour of "secular" forces.
Heavy rains lashed several parts of Uttar Pradesh even as the Met department forecast more rains or thunder showers at many places in the state.
A calf was rescued by the fire brigade officials after it fell into a well in Mirzapur district of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Heavy rains wreak havoc across the country!
- Pakistani terrorist captured in Kashmir is a resident of Lahore
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today