Congress party's poll strategist Prashant Kishor has suggested that Rahul Gandhi should be made the party's face in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Uttar Pradesh News
Accusing the erstwhile Congress governments of pursuing "vote bank politics", Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday took potshots at Nehru-Gandhi family and reached out to the numerically significant Nishad community in Uttar Pradesh as he launched solar-powered boats for plying on river Ganga.
Accusing the erstwhile Congress governments of pursuing "vote bank politics", Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday on Sunday took potshots at Nehru-Gandhi family and reached out to the numerically significant Nishad community in Uttar Pradesh as he launched solar-powered boats for plying on river Ganga.
Ganga is at its best in Varanasi when its serpentine course softly touches the shores of this temple town.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday that schemes that strengthen the people are important not schemes that strengthen vote banks.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday will pay a visit to his Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday paid a visit to Uttar Pradesh's Ballia and launched the 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana'.
The Prime Minister will arrive at the Babatpur airport from New Delhi by a special aircraft.
Samajwadi Party today expelled MLA Rampal Yadav from the party for six years in illegal construction case.
Samajwadi Party MLA Rampal Yadav is reportedly also projected as the "Mini Chief Minister" of Uttar Pradesh.
Six members of a family, all minors, were killed when a fire broke out in their house here early Friday morning, police said.
Yamuna Expressway is notorious for deadly accidents that take place at this stretch quite often.
In yet another move to keep the holy city of Varanasi pollution free and decongested, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will soon distribute e-boats – the country's first – to the famed boatmen of the Ganga river here.
The Uttar Pradesh Police has released the Computer Operator Admit Card 2016. The exam for the same post will take place on May 19, 2016.
At least seven persons were killed when an LPG cylinder exploded in a house in Barabanki district near here on Wednesday, police said.
UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPRPB) has released the admit card for the recruitment of computer operators.
A Jet Airways flight from Dehradun to New Delhi made an emergency landing at Amausi airport, as per a media report.
A 30-year-old woman was allegedly burnt to death by her husband and in-laws over a family dispute in Shamli district, police said today.
A day after the Central Administrative Tribunal quashed the suspension of Indian Police Service officer Amitabh Thakur and ordered his immediate reinstatement, the Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday challenged the order in the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court.
A teenaged boy was killed and two injured in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday when a group of policemen went on a firing spree while celebrating engagement of a family member.
In a shocking incident, an assistant professor in prestigious Banaras Hindu University (BHU) allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan.
The Uttar Pradesh Police, after obtaining a non-bailable arrest warrant against Muneer - the main accused in NIA officer Tanjil Ahmed's murder case - has started the process to attach the accused's house.
A 60-year-old woman was allegedly stripped and tortured as part of punishment after her son eloped with a girl from the same village.
In an attempt to propagate Prime Minister Narendra Modi 's thoughts on Buddhism and Bhimrao Ambedkar, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has roped in Buddhist monks who will travel across Uttar Pradesh in next six months.
The Lucknow bench of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) in an interim order, on Monday stayed suspension of IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, as per a media report.
A leopard entered a house in a village of Agra district on Monday and injured one villager.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced Rs 20 lakh compensation for kin of Sub-Inspector Akhtar who was killed in an encounter with criminals in Greater Noida on Monday.
A major controversy erupted on Monday over posters and hoardings featuring BSP chief and ex-UP CM Mayawati and Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani.
In a yet another incident of crime, a sub-inspector was killed was goons in Greater Noida's Dadri as after he conducted raids to nab some criminals.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Value and importance of dreams
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: How to decide what do you want to become in life?
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: How to explore your potential?
- PM Modi's speech in Varanasi
- Obama mocks Donald Trump at his final White House Correspondents' dinner
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3
- John Kerry calls Bangladesh PM, seeks probe into USAID worker killing
- Google celebrates Claude Shannon's 100th birthday with an interactive doodle!
- Chinese ship set to be first through expanded Panama Canal
- UN ready to help on Iran assets dispute if US agrees
- US, Russia 'agree freeze' on two Syrian fronts
- Rouhani allies seek control of parliament in Iran vote
- First US Zika-related death in Puerto Rico
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5