Noor Jehan said that she want to meet the PM and tell him moreabout her project.
Uttar Pradesh News
Following her complaint, the 24-year-old accused coach attendant was arrested when the train arrived at Kanpur railway station, a railway police spokesperson said.
A coach of a Gonda-bound passenger train on Saturday derailed between Bhira and Pallia railway stations here, railway authorities said.
A 30-year-old man was on Saturday killed while five were injured in an exchange of fire between two groups during the ongoing panchayat polls here even as the driver of the vehicle carrying the wounded to hospital died when it met with an accident.
Those who are ahead in publicity have been exposed and people would give second chance only to those who work, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said on Saturday in a veiled attack on the Centre.
The villages, which are located in Mehdiganj area of Varanasi district, claim they have been facing water shortages since 1999 when the plant began operations.
Under the Sharia Law, a man can divorce his wife if he says ‘talaq’ to her three times.
As per a report, a group of Muslim men came together to collect around Rs 50,000 in donations in order to free 15 Hindus languishing in a jail.
A student from the law faculty of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) on Thursday attempted to kill himself as he was allegedly unable to afford the fee for his semester examination.
Chandan was in love with the girl and had been following her for a long time. He was upset over her wedding with someone else, police said.
With three droughts in successive years, the Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh is on the verge of famine, Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav on Wednesday claimed and called for urgent steps by the Centre and state government to address the problem.
If India would have been an intolerant country, then Kiran Rao would not have been Aamir Khan's wife, Laxmi Kant Bajpai said on Wednesday, .
Nutan Thakur, social activist and wife of suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, expressed her intentions to join BJP.
An elderly woman was killed and several pilgrims were injured when a tractor trolley overturned in Lalganj area.
Ramkripal worked as a mason in Kedarnath when the tragedy struck in June 2013 killing thousands of people and leaving thousands missing.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik has referred a petition seeking disqualification of Samajwadi Party MLA Waqar Ahmad Shah, who is in coma for a long time, to Election Commission for opinion.
While Mayawati and Mulayam Singh share an old hostility, Yadav has rarely attacked Mayawati by name and has always chosen to target her party instead.
Azam Khan further pointed out that the fears had been expressed by Aamir's wife who is not a Muslim but a Hindu.
Gaurav, who sustained a bullet injury on his thigh, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Chairman of Sri Kashi Vishwanath Mandir Nyas Parishad said there is no dress code of wearing saree imposed for pilgrims visiting Kashi Vishwanath temple.
BJP on Monday termed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's UP visit a "political stunt".
Suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi alleging that he has been suspended not for dereliction of duty or impropriety in official work but "for working more" and sought his intervention in the matter.
A team of district excise department officials has seized 85 cartons of liquor which were allegedly being smuggled to lure voters for the gram pradhan elections, an official said here on Monday.
Samajwadi Party city president Rashid Siddiqui was allegedly beaten up by some party workers during a meeting here, following which three persons were arrested.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday led a march in Uttar Pradesh's Saharanpur district to highlight the problems being faced by sugarcane farmers.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has said that had ND Tiwari, ex-UP CM, been in SP, he would have been a big name among socialist leaders.
The Congress on Sunday said that the money spent on Mulayam Singh Yadav's 76th birthday party could have been utilised for the welfare of people.
The NSUI-RLD alliance bagged the president's seat while ABVP won the vice president and general secretary positions in the Students' Union elections at the Chaudhary Charan Singh University (CCSU) here.
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- I've nothing to do with Shahrukh Khan-Kajol's chemistry in 'Dilwale': Varun Dhawan
- Decision on India-Pakistan series to be taken by PM Narendra Modi: Reports