Uttar Pradesh has the largest number of "fake" universities in the country at eight, followed by six in Delhi, the University Grants Commission (UGC) said on Wednesday. It said the country has 21 such bogus universities.
Uttar Pradesh News
A five-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a teenage boy at Mahaban town, following which he was arrested, police said.
Local environmentalists on Wednesday again voiced their opposition to the Uttar Pradesh government's move to reduce the eco-sensitive zone limit around Sur Sarovar or Keetham Lake from 10 km to just 250 metres.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has decided to set up English-medium schools up to intermediate in all districts of Uttar Pradesh by 2017.
A 15-year-old minor girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her resident in Gopal Nagar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has decided to set up English-medium schools upto intermediate in all districts of Uttar Pradesh by 2017.
Rains continued to lash most parts of Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday, bringing relief from the hot and humid temperature of the past week.
Two Bajrang Dal activists were arrested for allegedly beating up and parading a person for stealing a calf from a chowshed in Shamli district, police said here on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended birthday greetings to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who turned 41 on Wednesday.
Two days after escaping from the high-security Tihar prisons, the second undertrial was on Tuesday arrested from Gonda district of Uttar Pradesh by Delhi Police.
Faridnagar in Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh, which was hit by communal violence on Sunday night, remained calm on Tuesday amid heavy deployment of security forces.
Heavy rains on Tuesday failed to dampen the spirit of devotees bound for Badrinath and Hemkund Sahib as yatra to the famed Himalayan shrines in Uttarakhand went on uninterrupted with the Chief Minister ordering heavier deployment of SDRF, police and administrative personnel on sensitive points along the route.
BSP supremo Mayawati on Tuesday accused BJP government at Centre and states of not following "raj dharma" and asked the allies of the saffron party especially in Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir, to reconsider their alliance.
Moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at many places over eastern Uttar Pradesh and at a few places in western parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
A social activist along with another person was arrested today for allegedly instigating tribals to encroach forest land.
As many as 30 pilgrims were injured on Tuesday as the bus they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck on Hathras-Sikandarau road here, police said.
A court here sentenced a man and his mother to seven years imprisonment for killing his wife for dowry in 2011.
Three persons have been booked under the Gangster (Control) Act three months after allegedly raping a woman here, Sakrauli police said on Tuesday.
Four persons, including three children, from the same family were killed and others received serious injuries in a fire due to cooking gas leakage in their house in Majhwara bazar area here, police said on Tuesday.
Three persons, including two women, have been killed in separate incidents in the district during last 48 hours, police said on Tuesday.
Seven persons were injured in a clash between two groups in Bhagpur village under Kotwali Bagwala area, police said.
A 20-year-old woman was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by three youths in Kithore police station area here, police said on Monday.
It seems even death sentence has failed to infuse fear in the perverted minds of rapists.
Passengers of the the Aisbagh-Gonda passenger train faced anxious moments when six of its coaches on Monday got detached at the outer signal of Bankeyganj railway station here and the engine chugged forward, railway officials said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three youths from her neighbourhood in Civil Lines area here, police said on Monday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that the schemes launched by his government were "unparallelled" as against those launched by the NDA-led Centre.
The Union Home Ministry on Monday expressed concern over two recent incidents of communal tension in Uttar Pradesh and asked the administration to ensure peace in the state.
Moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at most places over eastern Uttar Pradesh while rains lashed few areas in the western part in the last 24 hours.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that the Samajwadi Party, led by his father Mulayam Singh Yadav, is committed to solving the nation's problems.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with cast of 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- How Deepika's statement hurt Ranveer Singh
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Japan bullet train suicide fire: Two killed after cardiac arrest
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?