Another landslip occurred in Darjeeling district even as people are returning home from relief camps where they had taken shelter following landslides since July 1 which claimed lives of 40 people.
Uttar Pradesh News
A 35-year-old woman and wife of a temple priest, who had gone missing since yesterday, was allegedly raped and murdered at Rajputana Majra village here on Sunday.
One person was seriously injured after he was shot at in a firing incident allegedly between two groups over property tussle in Harchnadpur village here, police said today.
Eleven illegal liquor factories were unearthed at two different villages of Aliganj Kotwali here in a raid conducted by UP police, officials said on Sunday.
Tension prevailed in the district on Saturday night after an 'objectionable' message against a community was allegedly being circulated on a social networking app but immediate action from police and district administration brought the situation under control.
Varanasi, the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has become a venue for tussle between the Centre and the state government, with both vying to claim credit for developmental works done here.
A man from Varanasi, who received funding from the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) for his kidney transplant, has died waiting for the surgery to take place.
Anant Vikram Singh, estranged son of Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh, was on Saturday arrested in connection with the killing of a policeman here about nine months back.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who had to cancel his scheduled trip to his parliamentary constituency on June 28 due to heavy rainfall, is now likely to visit on July 16.
Two school children were crushed to death and seven others injured by a speeding truck on Delhi-Dehradun National Highway this morning, police said.
Uttar Pradesh tops the list of states with highest mobile penetration in rural areas, while Naxal-affected Chhattisgarh finds its place at the bottom.
A 19-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her lover in the wee hours today following which the accused has been arrested, police said.
A 35-year-old woman, who was set on fire during an alleged rape attempt, has succumbed to her injuries, police said on Friday.
The property of Manoj Yadav, cousin of mafia don D P Yadav and accused of killing a local BJP leader last year, was attached today at Laxmi Nagar area, police said.
11 persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a decade-old triple murder case in Dahturi Tola village.
The body of a ten year-old boy, who went missing yesterday, was found with some organs missing in Ahmedpur Phulwariya village here this morning, police said.
At least eight people were killed and three others injured after a tempo collided with a truck in Uttar Pradesh's Rae Bareli district on Friday.
After fingers have been raised against Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey for allegedly appointing his two son-in-laws in the Assembly flouting norms, Governor Ram Naik Friday said that he would "examine the matter".
A youth has been arrested for sharing "objectionable" post on social networking site Facebook against Samajwadi Party leader Shafiqur Rehman Burq in Nakhasa police station area here, an official said.
Eight people were killed and two others injured Friday morning when the tempo in which they were travelling collided with a truck in Rajghat area.
Robbers allegedly looted a truck carrying 371 bags of grains at gunpoint near Jinawali village in the village, police said.
BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday said the Digital India programme is ineffective until Prime Minister Narendra Modi fulfills his pre-poll promise of supplying electricity to every home.
A generous intervention by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik to help restore a dozen stolen hens to their rightful owner has led to Raj Bhavan receiving a slew of requests for assistance to trace missing pets.
After keeping a list of nine names sent by the state government for nomination as MLCs on hold for over a month, Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Thursday gave his approval to four of the recommended persons while seeking more information about the remaining five.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father for six months in Nauchandi police station area here, police said Thursday.
As many as 15 minors, working as child labourers, were rescued from hotels and 'dhabas' in various parts of the district under "Muskaan", a campaign to trace missing kids, police said on Thursday.
A 30-year-old woman, who was allegedly gang-raped, attempted suicide by consuming poison at Kotwali police station here over police's "failure" to arrest the accused.
About 200-250 live and used cartridges were found in a drain near Milana road here, police said on Thursday.
A man was beaten up allegedly by four youths when he objected to their eve-teasing of his daughter in Narayan village under Shahpur police station here, police said on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh has the largest number of "fake" universities in the country at eight, followed by six in Delhi, the University Grants Commission (UGC) said on Wednesday. It said the country has 21 such bogus universities.
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- DNA: All you need to know about Indian boxer Manoj Kumar
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Log on to upsc.gov.in to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014 Results
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Kareena Kapoor already thinks 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' biggest hit: Salman Khan
- Right to die: Belgian doctors grant euthanasia to 24-year-old depressed woman
- Seahorse-inspired robots to assist in surgeries
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar