After naming Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) as Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday emphasised on developing it as a centre of excellence.
Uttar Pradesh News
Refusing to relent, Uttar Pradesh government has sent the same list of five names to Raj Bhawan for nomination to the Legislative Council under the nominated members category which the governor had returned seeking more information.
Three policemen who were wanted in a 32-year-old alleged fake encounter of the brother of a former MLA have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Six persons, including two women, were injured in a clash between two groups allegedly over an offensive remark made against a girl at Bbhanwada village in the district, police said on Saturday.
A class XII student was allegedly abducted and raped by two youths at Civil Lines area here, police said on Saturday.
The Congress on Saturday launched a scathing attack on the Akhilesh Yadav government on the appointment of Lokayukta in Uttar Pradesh and has asked it to come clear on the controversy.
Nine persons were injured in a clash between two groups over land dispute at Vidirika village in this district, police said on Saturday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will hold a two-day training programme for its workers in Bareilly starting Saturday, a party spokesman said.
Shia clerics will meet Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at his Delhi residence next week and tell him that members of their community were being targeted, a spokesman said on Saturday.
Four people were injured after a stampede broke out at a temple in Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
With the arrest of two persons, the Government Railway Police today claimed to have busted a drug-and-loot gang operating from Kanpur Central Railway Station.
The NHRC on Friday issued a notice to Uttar Pradesh authorities over the alleged beating up of disabled people by police at Bijnore collectorate. It called for a report on the matter within two weeks.
An eatery owner in Uttar Pradesh`s Greater Noida city has been arrested for torturing three minors and forcing them to cook dog meat, police said on Friday.
Two persons were arrested on Thursday for allegedly hunting and selling meat of animals belonging to the reserve forest area near here.
A man was today robbed off his car and other belongings allegedly by four persons at gun-point in Knowledge Park area here, police said.
Over 55 lakh devotees have so far completed the 23-km long Goverdhan 'Parikrama' as part of this year's Mudiya Poono fair, which began here earlier this week.
A high alert has been sounded across Uttar Pradesh following the execution of 1993 Mumbai blasts accused Yakub Memon, officials said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by four persons in a moving car at Khatoli area here.
A notorious gangster carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 was shot dead in an alleged encounter with sleuths of Special Task Force on the premises of a government hospital in Kabir Chaura math here, police said today.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Thursday appointed Vinay Kumar Pathak and Narendra Kumar Taneja as vice-chancellor of Uttar Pradesh Technical University and Chaudhary Charan Singh University, respectively.
A special court here on Wednesday fixed August 5 for delivering its verdict in a murder case against former Uttar Pradesh legislator Udai Bhan Singh.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Uttar Pradesh government over a report that said a youth died after allegedly being pushed from a moving train by a travel ticket examiner (TTE).
A 12-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by a neighbour in Khekhda area here following which the accused was arrested, police said on Wednesday.
Over 50 students of a government primary school at Arya Nagar locality in Cantonment area here fell ill after consuming milk provided under mid-day meal scheme on Wednesday, prompting the district administration to order an inquiry into the matter.
The Uttar Pradesh government`s decision to approach the Supreme Court against a Allahabad High Court order for a CBI probe into graft charges against former a Noida authority chief engineer has triggered a political row.
In wake of the terrorist attack in Gurdaspur, the authorities here have increased security for the annual Kawad Yatra which is slated to begin on August 1.
In a gruesome incident, a 17-year-old girl was set ablaze at a village near here by a youth, who had allegedly raped her a year ago, as she refused to reach a compromise, police said on Wednesday.
Twelve children escaped from a government juvenile home in Gautam Budh Nagar Phase II on Wednesday, police said.
A 20-year-old woman gave birth at the main gate of a primary health centre of Budhana town in the district after the authorities allegedly refused to admit her.
A 20-year-old woman gave birth at the main gate of a primary health centre of Budhana town in the district after she was allegedly refused admittance.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon Hanging: Should capital punishment be abolished?-Part 3
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- Yakub Memon Hanging: Should capital punishment be abolished?
- Gurdaspur attack: Terrorists trained at Thailand-Myanmar border
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Rahul Gandhi meets protesting FTII students, says RSS promoting mediocrity
- Nation bids tearful adieu to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam; PM Modi attends funeral in Rameswaram
- Yakub Memon hanging: J&K MLA reveals he met Tiger Memon in PoK
- Mira Rajput to sizzle with Shahid Kapoor on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’?
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- China denies nod to Lao Airlines to fly through East China Sea