Joshi served as chief of Uttar Pradesh Congress between 2007-12 and was a prominent face of the party in the state.
Uttar Pradesh News
Two Naxals active in Noida were today arrested from Bihar by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad, taking the total number of ultras nabbed to 12 after Sunday's crackdown on their gang planning a major pre-Diwali attack in the national capital and NCR area.
The Congress on Thursday dubbed senior leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi an "opportunist" and said she left the party as she knew she couldn`t have won in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
The Congress on Thursday accused the BJP of "accumulating an army of opportunists" ahead of the 2017 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, and added that senior leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi's exit will have no impact on its electoral fortunes.
Rita Bahuguna Joshi on Thursday formally joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in New Delhi.
The BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre is planning to build a museum dedicated to Lord Rama in Ayodhya.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday launched a programme for distributing new ration cards bearing his photograph and name, which the rival parties dubbed as a "cheap political gimmick" in view of the Assembly polls due next year.
A section of youth leaders of the Samajwadi Party has revolted against party chief, saying they would boycott the silver jubilee celebrations of the party on November 5.
Union Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma on Tuesday inspected 25 acres of land earmarked for a proposed Ramayan museum in Ayodhya.
Ahead of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections polls due in 2017, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior leader Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday said the Ram temple is the part of BJP 2014 manifesto, added that it is the party`s obligation to the people to deliver the promise.
Controversial 'godwoman' Radhe Maa has landed in soup again.
Senior Samajwadi Party leader and UP Cabinet Minister has launched an all-out attack against BJP and levelled some serious allegations against the saffron party.
The last rites of Sepoy Sudhesh Kumar, killed in firing by Pakistani troops along the LoC, were performed this evening with full state honours, though Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav did not attend the rituals, as insisted by the martyr's family.
Vinay Katiyar on Tuesday dubbed the proposed government project to build a Ramayana Museum at Ayodhya as a "lollipop".
He may be a strident critic of Narendra Modi but Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan says he shares many of his qualities like "making tea", "dressing properly" and "playing drums" and is a "fit candidate" for prime minister.
BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday said Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar's statement that RSS training inspired the Prime Minister and him for the surgical strikes across the Line of Control 'is most unfortunate'.
Mayawati said Shivpal Singh Yadav was made the state unit chief of the Samajwadi Party to "insulate Akhilesh from direct attacks".
Tension prevailed in Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh after a murderous attack on two youths early Tuesday, police said.
Minister of State for Agriculture Sanjeev Baliyan on Tuesday said that he has no clue as to why is the Samajwadi Party politicising the Ram Museum issue.
Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Mahesh Sharma today visited Ayodhya to inspect the proposed site for setting up a Ramayana Museum.
Union Culture and Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma said on Tuesday that he is honoured to have visited the holy city of Ayodhya and assured that a grand Ram Temple is not far from turning into a reality.
Sudees was killed in a ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
The BJP, which is eyeing a comeback in Uttar Pradesh, has decided to rope in Prime Minister Narendra Modi for back-to-back pre-poll rallies in six different politically crucial zones across the state.
The Congress on Tuesday said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is selling the name of Lord Ram to siphon off a victory in the politically crucial state of Uttar Pradesh.
The key allegation against Aligarh Muslim University's vice chancellor Zameer Uddin Shah is financial irregularities amounting to Rs 120 crore.
A stampede at the Raj Ghat bridge on the banks on river Ganges in Varanasi on October 15 had left 25 killed and over 100 injured.
Mahesh Sharma clarified that the construction of Ram Mandir has nothing to do with the forthcoming UP Assembly Elections.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday made an overture to his Uttar Pradesh counterpart Akhilesh Yadav,.
BSP supremo Mayawati on Monday accused the Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government of "linking religion with politics".
The Opposition is up in arms regarding the plans of Narendra Modi-led government at Centre to set up a Ramayana Museum in Ayodhya.
- Is Hindutva a religion or way of life? SC revisits verdict
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- J&K: China's flags recovered from terror hideouts in Baramullah, Kupwara
- Shocking! Nursery schools now costlier than IITs
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Brave lady sub-inspector saves girl from kidnapping in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Fire safety norms not followed in many hospitals of India
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- #KarwaChauth: Harbhajan Singh's hilarious tweet for all husbands will leave you in splits!
- Virender Sehwag's birthday wish to Sunny Deol is as funny as it gets from the Twitter guru
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- Dear Zindagi teaser: Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt will make you celebrate life—Watch now
- Bipasha Basu looked like a doll on her first Karva Chauth
- Wife of national Kabaddi player commits suicide, leaves message blaming husband of torture
- Mumbai on alert after IndiGo pilot spots 'drone' near city airport
- Congress MLA suspended for remarks against Rahul Gandhi, says `I can't call a donkey a horse`
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants