Uttar Pradesh continued to reel under sweltering heat with mercury in Allahabad touching 47.7 degrees Celsius which was the hottest in the state.
Uttar Pradesh News
A criminal, who was absconding for the past 20 years and wanted in five murder cases, was today arrested by the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police from Mainpuri district.
The fear of floods in parts of Uttar Pradesh has emerged with Nepali authorities warning about chances of the bursting of an artificial lake, created after the Kali Gandaki river got blocked by a massive landslide early on Sunday.
The Aligarh Muslim University has ordered a probe into the results of this year's entrance examinations for the MBBS and BDS courses following reports of inconsistencies.
Ahead of Narendra Modi's rally here on May 25, security agencies and district administration have received a message threatening to kill the Prime Minister.
Agitated over Madhya Pradesh not releasing water from Bansagar Dam over Sone river to Uttar Pradesh, state Irrigation Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav today demanded proper account of spendings on construction of dam and a probe into it.
Taking strong note of alleged encroachment of nearly 500 acres of "valuable" land acquired for India Air Force on Delhi's outskirts, Allahabad High Court has constituted a four-member team to look into the matter.
Terming the Narendra Modi government as a "total failure", senior Uttar Pradesh minister Shivpal Singh Yadav on Saturday alleged that it has neglected the state the most despite the prime minister and several other ministers being elected to the Lok Sabha from here.
His 57-day political sabbatical in unknown land may have made him the butt of many a joke, but for the faithful in Amethi, Rahul Gandhi is a changed man - more accessible and more focused.
Uttar Pradesh government has approved a long-pending proposal to give expensive cars to officials posted in the field.
A 48-year-old private firm employee was allegedly shot dead by two unidentified armed men and one other injured as assailants decamped with the victim's bag containing Rs five lakh, police said on Saturday.
At least five persons, including four minors, were taken ill after Ammonia gas leaked from an ice factory at Kairana town in neighbouring Shamli district, a senior official said on Saturday.
A man was allegedly refrained from touching his mother's body at her funeral by a panchayat of the Valmiki community for "marrying a widow" on the grounds that he had gone against the "rules of the society".
Amid controversy over L K Advani not being invited at a function in the district which Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend, the organisers has said the BJP patriarch has not been extended an invitation as he has never been a member of its committee.
President of Meerut College Students' Union was slightly injured after being allegedly shot at in the premises of the institute here on Friday.
A murder accused who masterminded his disappearance by getting himself declared dead was taken note of by the Delhi High Court on Friday which criticised the police Delhi and Uttar Pradesh for indulging in a blame game rather than collectively trying to track him down.
A 15-year-old girl was kidnapped and gang-raped by four persons following which three of them were arrested on Friday in Badaut police station area here, officials said.
Two men allegedly raped a 30-year-old married woman on the pretext of giving her a job in Kankerkheda area in the district, police said on Friday.
Uttar Pradesh government has appointed former Chief Minister ND Tiwari's son Rohit Shekhar as adviser to the state's Transport department.
A bride in Kanpur Dehat district refused to marry the groom after she found out that he was physically handicapped, police said.
Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Shahid Manzoor's daughter Abida, who drowned in the Ganga river in Rishikesh, was buried at Kasba Kithore here.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad will hold talks with Samajwadi Party President Mulayam Singh Yadav here tomorrow amid continuing differences over formalising a merger before the state Assembly polls.
The body of Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Shahid Manzoor's daughter Abida, who was feared drowned in the Ganga river in Rishikesh, was recovered here on Thursday, 11 days after the mishap.
Photos of a girl were allegedly taken and morphed into obscene pictures at a birthday party and posted on social media, police said on Thursday.
A tripartite meeting convened by the Centre to resolve disputes between Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh governments over release of water from Bansagar dam on Thursday failed to make headway as several outstanding issues could not be sorted out.
The plains of Uttar Pradesh reeled under sweltering heat on Thursday with weather remaining dry all over the state.
The famous Banarasi 'paan', known for its sweetness all over the world, would now become sweeter after Uttar Pradesh government has decided to exempt aromatic rose petal-based 'gulkand' from tax net.
A local BSP leader has been arrested on charges of murdering his 16-year-old niece with whom he was allegedly in an extra-marital relationship, police said on Thursday.
A marriage party of 12 persons was allegedly attacked by a mob with stones over playing music at Sonta village here, police said on Thursday.
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) has given a young heart patient from Agra a reason to smile despite her hardships, by ensuring that she gets treated free of cost.
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened