With the arrest of two persons, the Government Railway Police today claimed to have busted a drug-and-loot gang operating from Kanpur Central Railway Station.
Uttar Pradesh News
The NHRC on Friday issued a notice to Uttar Pradesh authorities over the alleged beating up of disabled people by police at Bijnore collectorate. It called for a report on the matter within two weeks.
An eatery owner in Uttar Pradesh`s Greater Noida city has been arrested for torturing three minors and forcing them to cook dog meat, police said on Friday.
Two persons were arrested on Thursday for allegedly hunting and selling meat of animals belonging to the reserve forest area near here.
A man was today robbed off his car and other belongings allegedly by four persons at gun-point in Knowledge Park area here, police said.
Over 55 lakh devotees have so far completed the 23-km long Goverdhan 'Parikrama' as part of this year's Mudiya Poono fair, which began here earlier this week.
A high alert has been sounded across Uttar Pradesh following the execution of 1993 Mumbai blasts accused Yakub Memon, officials said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by four persons in a moving car at Khatoli area here.
A notorious gangster carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 was shot dead in an alleged encounter with sleuths of Special Task Force on the premises of a government hospital in Kabir Chaura math here, police said today.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Thursday appointed Vinay Kumar Pathak and Narendra Kumar Taneja as vice-chancellor of Uttar Pradesh Technical University and Chaudhary Charan Singh University, respectively.
A special court here on Wednesday fixed August 5 for delivering its verdict in a murder case against former Uttar Pradesh legislator Udai Bhan Singh.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Uttar Pradesh government over a report that said a youth died after allegedly being pushed from a moving train by a travel ticket examiner (TTE).
A 12-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by a neighbour in Khekhda area here following which the accused was arrested, police said on Wednesday.
Over 50 students of a government primary school at Arya Nagar locality in Cantonment area here fell ill after consuming milk provided under mid-day meal scheme on Wednesday, prompting the district administration to order an inquiry into the matter.
The Uttar Pradesh government`s decision to approach the Supreme Court against a Allahabad High Court order for a CBI probe into graft charges against former a Noida authority chief engineer has triggered a political row.
In wake of the terrorist attack in Gurdaspur, the authorities here have increased security for the annual Kawad Yatra which is slated to begin on August 1.
In a gruesome incident, a 17-year-old girl was set ablaze at a village near here by a youth, who had allegedly raped her a year ago, as she refused to reach a compromise, police said on Wednesday.
Twelve children escaped from a government juvenile home in Gautam Budh Nagar Phase II on Wednesday, police said.
A 20-year-old woman gave birth at the main gate of a primary health centre of Budhana town in the district after the authorities allegedly refused to admit her.
A 20-year-old woman gave birth at the main gate of a primary health centre of Budhana town in the district after she was allegedly refused admittance.
Uttarakhand Governor KK Paul and Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Tuesday expressed grief at the death of former President APJ Abdul Kalam describing him as a simple man with great soul whose loss is irreparable for the nation.
Four police personnel including Incharge of Farah police station have been suspended after body of a 12-year-old girl, who was missing since last night, was found on Tuesday near Parkham railway station falling under Farah police station.
Alleging that there is "jungle raj" in Samajwadi Party regime, prominent Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad today demanded imposition of President's rule in Uttar Pradesh.
Two actors of Bhojpuri films were seriously injured in an acid attack in Narayanpur village here, police said today.
In fresh trouble for suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta NK Mehrotra has registered a case against him on complaint of an RTI activist of allegedly possessing assets disproportionate to known sources of income.
Five people from Gujarat were killed and another was seriously injured in a road accident near Chonk village under Kalpi police station area here, early Tuesday morning, police said.
Two minor boys of a family were killed and four others injured after a portion of their house collapsed here, police said on Tuesday.
A 23-year-old woman was allegedly shot dead by her father for planning to marry a youth from a different caste.
Three persons, including two children, were killed and 22 injured when the bus in which they were travelling rammed into a stationary truck on Basti-Faizabad national highway.
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Dirty politics over a terrorist's execution; will this ever end?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four arrested in Delhi University admission scam
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Google pays tribute to Dr Kalam with 'black ribbon'
- This was Yakub Memon's last wish before being hanged
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in his hometown Rameswaram today
- Yakub Memon not first terrorist to be hanged. These were executed before him
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror