A 19-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her lover in the wee hours today following which the accused has been arrested, police said.
Uttar Pradesh News
A 35-year-old woman, who was set on fire during an alleged rape attempt, has succumbed to her injuries, police said on Friday.
The property of Manoj Yadav, cousin of mafia don D P Yadav and accused of killing a local BJP leader last year, was attached today at Laxmi Nagar area, police said.
11 persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a decade-old triple murder case in Dahturi Tola village.
The body of a ten year-old boy, who went missing yesterday, was found with some organs missing in Ahmedpur Phulwariya village here this morning, police said.
At least eight people were killed and three others injured after a tempo collided with a truck in Uttar Pradesh's Rae Bareli district on Friday.
After fingers have been raised against Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey for allegedly appointing his two son-in-laws in the Assembly flouting norms, Governor Ram Naik Friday said that he would "examine the matter".
A youth has been arrested for sharing "objectionable" post on social networking site Facebook against Samajwadi Party leader Shafiqur Rehman Burq in Nakhasa police station area here, an official said.
Eight people were killed and two others injured Friday morning when the tempo in which they were travelling collided with a truck in Rajghat area.
Robbers allegedly looted a truck carrying 371 bags of grains at gunpoint near Jinawali village in the village, police said.
BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday said the Digital India programme is ineffective until Prime Minister Narendra Modi fulfills his pre-poll promise of supplying electricity to every home.
A generous intervention by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik to help restore a dozen stolen hens to their rightful owner has led to Raj Bhavan receiving a slew of requests for assistance to trace missing pets.
After keeping a list of nine names sent by the state government for nomination as MLCs on hold for over a month, Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Thursday gave his approval to four of the recommended persons while seeking more information about the remaining five.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father for six months in Nauchandi police station area here, police said Thursday.
As many as 15 minors, working as child labourers, were rescued from hotels and 'dhabas' in various parts of the district under "Muskaan", a campaign to trace missing kids, police said on Thursday.
A 30-year-old woman, who was allegedly gang-raped, attempted suicide by consuming poison at Kotwali police station here over police's "failure" to arrest the accused.
About 200-250 live and used cartridges were found in a drain near Milana road here, police said on Thursday.
A man was beaten up allegedly by four youths when he objected to their eve-teasing of his daughter in Narayan village under Shahpur police station here, police said on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh has the largest number of "fake" universities in the country at eight, followed by six in Delhi, the University Grants Commission (UGC) said on Wednesday. It said the country has 21 such bogus universities.
A five-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a teenage boy at Mahaban town, following which he was arrested, police said.
Local environmentalists on Wednesday again voiced their opposition to the Uttar Pradesh government's move to reduce the eco-sensitive zone limit around Sur Sarovar or Keetham Lake from 10 km to just 250 metres.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has decided to set up English-medium schools up to intermediate in all districts of Uttar Pradesh by 2017.
A 15-year-old minor girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her resident in Gopal Nagar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has decided to set up English-medium schools upto intermediate in all districts of Uttar Pradesh by 2017.
Rains continued to lash most parts of Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday, bringing relief from the hot and humid temperature of the past week.
Two Bajrang Dal activists were arrested for allegedly beating up and parading a person for stealing a calf from a chowshed in Shamli district, police said here on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended birthday greetings to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who turned 41 on Wednesday.
Two days after escaping from the high-security Tihar prisons, the second undertrial was on Tuesday arrested from Gonda district of Uttar Pradesh by Delhi Police.
Faridnagar in Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh, which was hit by communal violence on Sunday night, remained calm on Tuesday amid heavy deployment of security forces.
Heavy rains on Tuesday failed to dampen the spirit of devotees bound for Badrinath and Hemkund Sahib as yatra to the famed Himalayan shrines in Uttarakhand went on uninterrupted with the Chief Minister ordering heavier deployment of SDRF, police and administrative personnel on sensitive points along the route.
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Teaser of Bhandarkar's much awaited 'Calendar Girls' unveiled!
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Watch: Top 10 Headlines @10 am
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- DNA: Are doctors giving priority to money over humanity?
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- ‘ABCD 2’ dancer Nilesh Nirbhavane arrested for gang-raping mentally challenged girl
- MK Stalin denies slapping man onboard Chennai Metro, Jayalalithaa condemns incident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Opposition slams AAP govt for setting aside Rs 526 cr for advertisements
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best