Following incidents of misuse of social networking platforms by mischievous elements to spoil communal harmony in the state, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today asked police to take stern action against the culprits.
Uttar Pradesh News
Tension prevailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Agra district on Friday after some religious comments on social media led to violence between two communities. The situation was calm now, police said.
Former BSP MP Kadir Rana and 11 others were granted bail by a court here after they appeared before it following a direction by Allahabad High Court in connection with an appeal against their acquittal in a 12-year-old violence case.
Ahead of the joyful Krishna Janmashtami festivities starting on Friday, security has been beefed-up in and around Mathura with intensified frisking at bus and railway station.
Tension prevailed in Agra on Friday after some religious comments on social media led to violence between two communities the previous day.
A newly married woman lodged an FIR for unnatural sexual offences against her husband and also alleged that she was gangraped by seven persons in Kotwali city, police said.
Eight persons were injured in a clash between two groups allegedly over harassment of a woman at Kakroli village in the district, police said today.
Appealing his party workers to start preparations, Rashtriya Lok Dal chief Ajit Singh announced that the party will contest the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls alone.
A 45-year-old woman was electrocuted to death while she switched on a table fan in her house at Kotwali city here, police said.
A village council in Uttar Pradesh has denied allegations that it ordered two young sisters to be raped because their brother eloped with a higher caste woman.
The central trade unions' day-long strike evoked mixed response in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday claimed that the Modi government's 'Smart Cities' project has ignored villages while his administration in Uttar Pradesh is focusing on "planned development of both rural and urban areas".
Ahead of the Janmashtami festival, which marks the birthday of Lord Krishna, elaborate arrangements are being made in the city for hassle free darshan of the principal deity at Sri Krishna Janmasthan.
BJP's Braj area office-bearers today met here to discuss strategies for the upcoming panchayat polls and the 2017 Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
A 15-year-old girl has filed a complaint saying that she was raped by her neighbour in Faridabad.
The Allahabad High Court Tuesday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to ensure that the national flag is hoisted at madrassas across the state on Independence Day and Republic Day.
In a bizarre ruling, the all-male Khap Panchayat in Baghpat district of Uttar Pradesh has ordered to rape a 23-year-old woman and her 15-year-old minor sister, in order to punish them for their brother's mistake.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday attacked the Congress saying it was "obstructing" passage of important bills in the Parliament as the party did not want to see "progress" of the country.
Twelve policemen and several others were today injured as Physical Education degree holders demanding government jobs in primary and secondary schools of the state indulged in arson and clashed with police which used batons and water canons to quell the protest.
Insects were found in the midday meal served to children in a primary school in Sheetalpur area here following which a complaint has been lodged with the Basic Shiksha Adhikari.
Uttar Pradesh government Tuesday decided to extend free ultrasound facility to patients in government hospitals.
Four persons were today killed and two others injured when a jeep they were traveling in was hit by a passenger train at an unmanned crossing in Mainpuri district, a police spokesman said here.
Police here have identified 100 such places in the city where road security signages is proposed to be installed to tackle the problems of congestion due to unruly traffic.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav took the ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav-led government and the party MLAs to task by giving them one month's time to "improve" in a bid to gain good results for the Assembly elections in 2017.
Around 18 people were injured in separate incidents of clashes between various groups here.
A case has been filed against Bakshipur village pradhan and his associates for allegedly firing at a tehsildar and his team here, who had gone to investigate election rigging complaint against him.
One person was killed and another was injured when they were allegedly fired at near NTPC crossing here on Sunday evening, police said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to sanction the remaining Rs 4,700 cr of the Rs 7,543 cr- memorandum sent by the Uttar Pradesh government for relief of farmers affected by hailstorm or untimely rains.
Two brothers were injured when they were allegedly beaten up by four persons for resisting eve-teasing of a girl in Barthari village under Bagwala police station here, police said on Sunday.
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- Indrani Mukerjea admits she killed Sheena Bora
- Atul Anjan apologizes to supporters for earlier statement on condom ad
- 4 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir
- Watch: Bollywood's top breaking news
- Top 25 news @10am
- Top 10 news @7am
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- S Sreesanth praises Virat Kohli for backing 'suspended' Ishant Sharma
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- PM Narendra Modi gives 'Buddha mantra' for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Syrian boy, 3, lying dead on Turkish beach: A picture that moved the world!
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- 'Porn star' Sunny Leone's vulgar condom advt is no art: Atul Anjan
- Watch: Do high-class escorts fall under the 'sex worker' category?