A tiger today attacked and killed a 50-year-old man in a village in Salempur area of Mailani range forests under south Kheri division, a senior Forest official said.
Uttar Pradesh News
The Assembly today took exception to a violent protest by lawyers in the city yesterday with the state government terming it as a serious issue which should be "condemned" by all.
The Uttar Pradesh government today announced its decision to inject Rs 904.52 crore for drought-hit areas in the state, including backward Bundelkhand, with an eye on the 2017 assembly polls.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi arrived in her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli on a two-day visit on Thursday.
A woman gram pradhan was shot at and critically injured by two motorcycle-borne assailants in Dhohlda village while she was on her way to home, police said today.
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Thursday blamed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Samajwadi Party (SP) for the release of the four accused in the 2013 Muzaffarnagar rape case
Four labourers have died after inhaling smoke inside a pit of a brick kiln in a village here, police said today.
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Thursday arrested the two main accused involved with the death of an eight-year-old boy in a celebratory firing in Shamli.
BJP on Wednesday accused Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh of doing a "cover up" of Shamli incident in which a young boy was shot dead and demanded that the state Governor should send an independent report to the Union Home Ministry over the incident.
At least 200 persons on Wednesday were booked by Uttar Pradesh police in connection with celebratory firing incident by Samajwadi Party workers in which an eight-year-old child was killed. The police also announced a cash reward for any information on five absconding accused.
Security of two judges of the Kanpur District Court was beefed up today, after they received letters threatening to kill them if they failed to pay Rs 10 lakh each, police said today.
A 17-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by a man after she resisted his rape attempt in Aurangabad village in Mathura. The man is said to have been stalking her for some time.
Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council was today adjourned for the day after paying tribute to former UP Panchayati Raj Minister Kailash Yadav.
Social activist Shehzaad Poonawalla had made a complaint before the minorities panel seeking action against Rampal Singh Pundir for his inflammatory speech.
A woman from Uttar Pradesh has volunteered to donate a kidney to save the brave soldier.
BSP supremo Mayawati Wednesday accused Samajwadi Party of winning the recent block pramukh and zila panchayat chairman polls in Uttar Pradesh with the help of official machinery and "goonda" elements.
Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad was miraculously rescued from the Siachen Glacier after being buried under 35 feet of snow for six days.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi for early release of Rs.4,741 crore from the National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF) for farmers who suffered hailstorm damage to crops in 2015.
The Uttar Pradesh Assembly`s proceedings were disrupted on Tuesday as the opposition raised protests over a boy`s killing in celebratory firing and attack on journalists in Shamli, forcing the adjournment of the house till Wednesday.
'Achhe din' seems to have arrived for the people of PM Narendra Modi's adopted village in Varanasi!
The BJP on Tuesday compared the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh to "Mughal sultanate", stressing lawlessness prevails.
BJP president Amit Shah said the government of PM Narendra Modi had taken the country on the path of dharma (righteousness).
The Metro rail project in Kanpur, the largest industrial city in Uttar Pradesh, would be launched by March while Rs.200 crore has been provided from the Infrastructure Development Fund for the Lucknow Metro rail, an official said on Monday.
A lotus-shaped, 125-feet-high white marble temple dedicated to Lord Krishna opened here on Monday.
BJP chief Amit Shah said on Monday that Modi government had taken measures to preserve and promote 'Sanatan dharma', while politics in the country had earlier got "detatched" from religion.
In a huge embarrassment to ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh, an eight-year-old boy was killed in celebratory firing by party workers in Shamli district that led Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today to order the immediate removal of some of the area's top officers.
The sisters had ignored the eve-teaser for a few days but things went to a boil when he also started passing lewd gestures.
Lashing out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, the Shiv Sena on Monday branded Uttar Pradesh as an "Islamic state" and alleged that the state government has begun "anti-national business" for appeasing politics.
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Monday detained three persons in connection with the death of an eight-year-old boy in a celebratory firing in Shamli.
Union minister Kalraj Mishra has said government will take a call on construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya after the Supreme Court comes out with its verdict on the appeal against the Allahabad high court judgement on the title suit.
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- 1st T20I: It was more English wicket than Indian, says MS Dhoni
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!