If police would arrest any saint in connection with the violence, then the partymen would court their arrest, they said.
Uttar Pradesh News
Accusing Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh of doing "appeasement politics", BJP on Thursday dared Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to act against the accused in various crimes and asked Mulayam Singh Yadav to stop making accusations and playing communal politics.
The CBI on Thursday conducted raids in connection with the Rs 954-crore scam pertaining to the Noida authority's former chief engineer Yadav Singh.
Notwithstanding the gruesome lynching of Mohammed Iqlakh over rumours of eating and storing beef, his family has no plans to permanently shift from Bishada where it has lived for five generations, his brother said today as the village held on to fragile peace.
In the backdrop of Dadri lynching case, Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu Thursday said the Centre cannot be blamed for "local happenings" and stressed that people especially the younger generation are more interested in development and not in such incidents.
"We want to live like before," Dadri lynching victim Mohammad Iqlakh's eldest brother said today, stressing that the family has no plan to permanently shift out of Bishada village although it may move out for "2-4 months" if required.
Two persons have been arrested here for allegedly spreading rumours on social media sites even as the administration today held peace meetings at the troubled spot to maintain communal harmony following the lynching episode.
Breaking his silence on the Dadri lynching incident, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday said that some people are spreading rumours to vitiate the atmosphere in the state.
Campaigning for the first phase of panchayat and BDC elections in the district ended on Friday.
Ten persons, including nine women, were seriously injured when a bus carrying pilgrims overturned in Gopiganj area here.
Two youths were killed when the motorcycle they were riding on collided with a truck in Khairabad area here.
A 50-year-old man and his wife were crushed to death by an unidentified vehicle in Bithari Chainpur are here Thursday.
Family of Mohammed Iqlakh on Wednesday demanded slapping of the National Security Act (NSA) on those accused of lynching him in Dadri, and hearing of the shocking case by a fast-track court, even as they vowed to restore peace in the village since marred by tension.
A local journalists' body has asked the Uttar Pradesh administration to take action against the erring policemen in the next 48 hours for allegedly attacking media persons during the 'Pratikar Yatra' in the city.
An outfit floated by BJP MP Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday offered all possible help "including guns" to the Hindus of Bishada village, as it alleged that they were being hounded following the lynching of Mohammed Iqlakh.
Azam Khan on Wednesday said it is time for the Muslim community to rise and protest against a few Hindutva forces.
Family members of Iqlakh, who was lynched over rumours of alleged beef consumption, have moved to Delhi from Bishada where the administration and police conducted a peace march and held peace committee meetings on Wednesday in an effort to maintain communal harmony.
The Union Home Secretary on Wednesday briefed PMO about the Dadri incident.
The situation continues to remain volatile in Bishada village near Dadri in Great Noida. VHP leader Sadhvi Prachi tried to enter Bishada village on Wednesday but was detained by the police.
UP Police is under scanner for its role in the recent violence and arson in Varanasi.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday said "strict action" will be taken in the case of lynching of a Muslim man in a Uttar Pradesh village over rumours that he ate beef.
As tension continues to simmer over Dadri lynching incident, a delegation of Muslim leaders met Union Minister of State for Parliamentary and Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday to voice their concern.
A week into the lynching of Mohammad Iqlakh, residents of Dadri's Bishada nurse a deep resentment over being "unfairly victimised" as visitors make a beeline to the crime spot in the village where shards of glasses, broken sewing machines and a battered refrigerator mutely testifying the fateful night of September 28.
"Why has Azam Khan never written to the UN about the pathetic condition of Hindus in Pakistan?"
While Opposition continues to attack the Narendra Modi government over the Dadri lynching incident, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Sangeet Som has maintained that there is no need for the Prime Minister to make a statement on every murder across the country.
Former UP minister Amarmani Tripathi's luxurious life in a Gorakhpur hospital has been exposed.
The violence and arson that rocked this holy city yesterday was "pre-planned" and the reason for instigation is being looked into, police said today.
Situation in Dadri's Bishada village, where a 50-year-old man was bludgeoned to death over rumours of eating beef, is gradually limping back to normalcy with shops reopening and villagers returning back to their routine life, District Magistrate NP Singh said on Tuesday night.
Recovery of the body of a young man on Tuesday stoked tension in Dadri's Bishada village.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Sangeet Som on Tuesday said he would not support any accused, if proved guilty, but fight for anyone wrongly framed by the administration.
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- DNA: India and Germany sign 18 MoUs for cooperation
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Check out the general knowledge of these UP panchayat candidates
- DNA: Watch image of India-Pakistan border at night
- Indian economy badly affected due to terror attacks: Moody's
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Varanasi violence: Photos show police setting fire to bikes
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!
- Top 10 films of Salman Khan
- Jail sting reveals ex-UP minister Amarmani Tripathi's luxurious life in custody
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala
- Islamic State theatens 'the man who killed Osama bin Laden'
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan