The meeting has been called at the chief minister's official 5, Kalidas Marg residence, a day before SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav meets the party legislators at the state headquarters on Vikramaditya Marg.
Uttar Pradesh News
Student leader from Lucknow University Abhishek Singh `Ashu` has been given charge of the SP Yuvjan Sabha.
The Samajwadi Party on Saturday supported the move of expelling party MLC Udayveer Singh for six years and said that the party has been known for discipline so nobody would be allowed to continue being undisciplined.
In yet another sign of worsening infighting in Samajwadi Party, MLC Udayveer Singh was on Saturday expelled from the party, a day after he accused Mulayam Singh’s second wife of being part of a conspiracy against Uttar Pradesh CM.
BJP member Rita Bahuguna Joshi said the Yadav family feud within the Samajwadi Party (SP) would be beneficial for the former in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls.
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Saturday said the Samajwadi Party (SP) growing family drama suggest they are not concerned about the people of Uttar Pradesh, and added that the people of the state
"All our workers want the family and the party to stay together. Shivapal Singh also wants Akhilesh Yadav to be the chief minister again," said Yadav.
"Akhilesh Yadav will be the next Chief Minister, if party is voted to power. He will be our CM candidate," Shivpal said, according to a leader present at the meeting where delegates were not allowed to carry mobile phones.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday announced Rs 5 lakh financial assistance for parents of each of the policemen who lost their lives in the past one year.
In a disturbing incident, four people were beaten and their private parts were injected with petrol in Uttar Pradesh's Ghaziabad district last week, on suspicion that they stole a mobile phone.
Udayveer Singh, a close ade of Akhilesh Yadav, has alleged that Samajwadi Party veteran Mulayam Singh's second wife is behind the conspiracy to alienate the young UP chief minister.
Joshi served as chief of Uttar Pradesh Congress between 2007-12 and was a prominent face of the party in the state.
Two Naxals active in Noida were today arrested from Bihar by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad, taking the total number of ultras nabbed to 12 after Sunday's crackdown on their gang planning a major pre-Diwali attack in the national capital and NCR area.
The Congress on Thursday dubbed senior leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi an "opportunist" and said she left the party as she knew she couldn`t have won in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
The Congress on Thursday accused the BJP of "accumulating an army of opportunists" ahead of the 2017 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, and added that senior leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi's exit will have no impact on its electoral fortunes.
Rita Bahuguna Joshi on Thursday formally joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in New Delhi.
The BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre is planning to build a museum dedicated to Lord Rama in Ayodhya.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday launched a programme for distributing new ration cards bearing his photograph and name, which the rival parties dubbed as a "cheap political gimmick" in view of the Assembly polls due next year.
A section of youth leaders of the Samajwadi Party has revolted against party chief, saying they would boycott the silver jubilee celebrations of the party on November 5.
Union Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma on Tuesday inspected 25 acres of land earmarked for a proposed Ramayan museum in Ayodhya.
Ahead of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections polls due in 2017, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior leader Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday said the Ram temple is the part of BJP 2014 manifesto, added that it is the party`s obligation to the people to deliver the promise.
Controversial 'godwoman' Radhe Maa has landed in soup again.
Senior Samajwadi Party leader and UP Cabinet Minister has launched an all-out attack against BJP and levelled some serious allegations against the saffron party.
The last rites of Sepoy Sudhesh Kumar, killed in firing by Pakistani troops along the LoC, were performed this evening with full state honours, though Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav did not attend the rituals, as insisted by the martyr's family.
Vinay Katiyar on Tuesday dubbed the proposed government project to build a Ramayana Museum at Ayodhya as a "lollipop".
He may be a strident critic of Narendra Modi but Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan says he shares many of his qualities like "making tea", "dressing properly" and "playing drums" and is a "fit candidate" for prime minister.
BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday said Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar's statement that RSS training inspired the Prime Minister and him for the surgical strikes across the Line of Control 'is most unfortunate'.
Mayawati said Shivpal Singh Yadav was made the state unit chief of the Samajwadi Party to "insulate Akhilesh from direct attacks".
Tension prevailed in Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh after a murderous attack on two youths early Tuesday, police said.
Minister of State for Agriculture Sanjeev Baliyan on Tuesday said that he has no clue as to why is the Samajwadi Party politicising the Ram Museum issue.
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- Why politics are provoking riots in JNU?
- Panel discussion on politics of MNS in the name of patriotism
- DNA: Today in History | October 21, 2016
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- Circular issued to ban use of Mobile phones in Parliament
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Sixteen-year-old West Bengal boy found with female sexual organs
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Debit Card fraud: Follow these 15 tips and keep your ATM transactions safe
- Reliance Jio Welcome offer not valid till December 31 –It expires early
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'