Five people, including two children, were killed and as many others injured when the car in which they were travelling collided with a truck at Karhal crossing here Wednesday morning, police said.
Uttar Pradesh News
Announcing several schemes for the Amethi constituency of Uttar Pradesh, Union Minister for Human Resource Development Smriti Irani said that the NDA Government at the Centre has done more for the region than generations of the Congress's first family members.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned civic garbage burning in the holy town of Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh.
A 35-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly killing his parents in connivance with his relatives in Shamli district, police said today.
A labourer was killed and another injured after a wall allegedly collapsed on them while they were working in Shamli district, police said on Wednesday.
The Congress would contest the forthcoming Panchayat polls with its full might, party leader Madhusudan Mistry said here on Tuesday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday kicked off a 'Maha Sampark Abhiyaan' - a contact programme aimed at telling the masses about the achievements of the NDA government at the centre in one year.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Tuesday said he had sent back for re-examination the list of persons to be nominated for the upper house Vidhan Parishad sent by the government for his approval.
The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday declined to grant interim relief to religious leader Swami Vasudevananda Saraswati who has challenged a lower court order declaring his claim to the title of "Shankaracharya" of Jyotishpeeth Badrikashram shrine as illegal.
Congress president and Rae Bareli MP Sonia Gandhi will inaugurate works done under the MP Local Area Development (MPLAD) funds during a day-long visit here on Thursday.
A clash on Tuesday broke out between members of two groups allegedly over appointment of an Imam of a mosque in Kutubkhana area here, police said.
President Pranab Mukherjee has mourned the loss of lives in a train derailment on Monday in Uttar Pradesh.
Heat wave conditions prevailed at isolated places in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday as weather was dry over the state.
At least 50 people were injured when the bus carrying them overturned at Raya Bichpuri road in Mathura.
President Pranab Mukherjee has condoled the loss of lives caused by the derailment of the Muri Express near Sirathu in Uttar Pradesh's Kaushambi district.
A journalist was seriously injured after he was allegedly shot at by three unidentified persons in Kandhla town of Shamli district, police said on Tuesday.
Two persons were injured in stone pelting when a clash broke out between two groups over parking of vehicles in Miranpur town here, police said on Tuesday.
The Allahabad High Court has set aside a single judge's order whereby Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board had been directed to prepare a merit list of OBC candidates who had appeared in written examinations for posts of constables by extending "benefit of 7.50 marks admissible against six wrong questions" in question paper.
Mythili Mishra of Amity International School, who achieved a second rank in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class XII exams, wants to become an IAS officer.
Delhi High Court on Monday sought the response of Uttar Pradesh government on a plea by NHRC challenging a trial court's decision to acquit 16 policemen of charges of murder and other crimes in the 1987 Hashimpura massacre case, in which 42 people were killed in Meerut city.
An 18-year-old girl was on Monday strangulated to death allegedly by her elder brother as he was unhappy over her affair with a neighbour, police said.
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped and set ablaze by her father in Azadpur Teela locality here, police said on Monday.
Three students of Aligarh Muslim University have been suspended for their alleged involvement in a clash in which a former vice president of AMU Students' Union was injured.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Monday ordered an inquiry into the cause of the derailment of the Muri Express in Uttar Pradesh and announced ex-gratia for the victims.
At least three trains have been cancelled while a number of others diverted following derailment of Jammu-bound train here on Monday afternoon.
Railways has rushed in relief and rescue team to Sirathu in Kaushambi, after a train derail incident this afternoon in the neighbouring district in the state.
Matri Sadan chief Swami Shivanand who had been fasting for 48 days against illegal mining in the Ganga here, agreed to drink ORS laced water after the intervention by the district authorities.
A 26-year-old woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Bazaria area here, police said on Monday.
With the temperature already touching 45 degrees Celsius in some parts of Uttar Pradesh, the sweltering heat is set to break all past records in the state, weather office has indicated.
At least two people were killed and over 100 injured after eight coaches of the Ranchi-Jammu Tawi Muri Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Kaushambi district on Monday afternoon, officials said.
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?