BSP supremo Mayawati on Tuesday accused BJP government at Centre and states of not following "raj dharma" and asked the allies of the saffron party especially in Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir, to reconsider their alliance.
Uttar Pradesh News
Moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at many places over eastern Uttar Pradesh and at a few places in western parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
A social activist along with another person was arrested today for allegedly instigating tribals to encroach forest land.
As many as 30 pilgrims were injured on Tuesday as the bus they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck on Hathras-Sikandarau road here, police said.
A court here sentenced a man and his mother to seven years imprisonment for killing his wife for dowry in 2011.
Three persons have been booked under the Gangster (Control) Act three months after allegedly raping a woman here, Sakrauli police said on Tuesday.
Four persons, including three children, from the same family were killed and others received serious injuries in a fire due to cooking gas leakage in their house in Majhwara bazar area here, police said on Tuesday.
Three persons, including two women, have been killed in separate incidents in the district during last 48 hours, police said on Tuesday.
Seven persons were injured in a clash between two groups in Bhagpur village under Kotwali Bagwala area, police said.
A 20-year-old woman was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by three youths in Kithore police station area here, police said on Monday.
It seems even death sentence has failed to infuse fear in the perverted minds of rapists.
Passengers of the the Aisbagh-Gonda passenger train faced anxious moments when six of its coaches on Monday got detached at the outer signal of Bankeyganj railway station here and the engine chugged forward, railway officials said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three youths from her neighbourhood in Civil Lines area here, police said on Monday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that the schemes launched by his government were "unparallelled" as against those launched by the NDA-led Centre.
The Union Home Ministry on Monday expressed concern over two recent incidents of communal tension in Uttar Pradesh and asked the administration to ensure peace in the state.
Moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at most places over eastern Uttar Pradesh while rains lashed few areas in the western part in the last 24 hours.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that the Samajwadi Party, led by his father Mulayam Singh Yadav, is committed to solving the nation's problems.
Preparations have commenced for the 'Ardha Kumbh' set to begin here in January 2016.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped at a gunpoint by two youths here, police said on Monday.
A man was shot dead allegedly by his son in Udaypur village of neighbouring Shamli district, following which he was arrested, police said on Monday,
Five persons including two women, were injured when a clash broke out between two groups over a minor issue at Chala Village here, police said on Monday.
In a daring jailbreak, two undertrials dug a tunnel in the country's most secure prison, Tihar jail, and managed to escape.
A BJP worker was allegedly molested by a party leader and his four associates here, police said on Sunday.
As many as 51 cases of rape and 208 cases of harassment have been registered in the district till May this year.
A journalist was seriously injured in an attack by about half-a-dozen persons in Anand Puri Colony in Krishna Nagar area, police said on Sunday.
Taking a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for postponing his Varanasi visit due to heavy rainfall, Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan on Sunday said he should not play with the emotions of the people.
Congress is unnecessarily blowing the Lalit Modi controversy out of proportion, BJP leader Arun Singh has said, adding that false allegations are being levelled against the women leaders of his party.
An undertrial managed to escape from custody while being taken to local court here, following which a police personal has been suspended, officials said on Sunday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi on Sunday distributes compensation cheques to farmers in Uttar Pradesh who have suffered crop damage due to unseasonal rain.
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- Fast N Facts @ 9 am
- Watch: Fast n Facts @ 4 pm
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro via video-conferencing
- Designer gives 15 day ultimatum to remove logo from Aam Aadmi Party website
- Lalitgate: Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje should quit, says RSS ideologue Govindacharya
- Al Qaeda terrorist arrested during raid in Pakistan