Additional Sessions Judge Budhiram Yadav pronounced the sentence amid high security.
Uttar Pradesh News
Newly inducted Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Ramdas Athawale, on Saturday advised Mayawati to change her party's name from Bahujan Samaj Party to Sarvjan Samaj Party.
One person was killed and three others injured today when a mini truck collided with a tractor in CBganj area here, police said.
Expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dayashankar Singh, who has been sent to a 14-day judicial custody after his arrest from Bihar`s Buxar district, has said Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav should take action against those who have insulted his family.
Two years ago, in July 2014, when the former US president had visited Jabrauli village in Mohanlalganj, Clinton had initiated a health scheme there.
Congress is in political wilderness in UP for nearly three decades in the state.
Looking to build a political base in Uttar Pradesh which goes to polls next year, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will hold a public meeting at Ghatampur area here on August 6.
Twelve persons were killed in an explosion that rocked the Shramjeevi Express on July 28, 2005, evening. Sixty other persons were injured.
Former BJP leader Dayashankar Singh, whose abusive remarks against BSP chief Mayawati caused an outcry, was arrested in Bihar after being on the run for days.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Friday vowed to make Uttar Pradesh the number one state in India.
The 90-year-old woman told the villagers that 'Yamraj' himself had come to earth to leave her back.
Expelled Bharatiya Janata Party leader Dayashankar Singh had said that even a prostitute was better than BSP chief Mayawati.
A fast track court convicted four persons, including a woman, for abducting and gangraping a 16-year-old girl in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and party's chief ministerial candidate Shiela Dikshit for 2017 assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh will interact with party workers at the Ramabai Ambedkar Ground in Lucknow.
A Dalit couple was hacked to death allegedly by an upper caste man for refusing to part with a paltry Rs 15.
A Dalit coupel was axed to death by a shopkeeper in Lakhmipur village of Uttar Pradesh`s Mainpuri district on Thursday for allegedly non-payment of Rs. 15 that they had borrowed from him.
In yet another shocking incident of atrocities against dalits, a couple was axed to death in Uttar Pradesh.
The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Thursday refused to quash the FIR lodged against former BJP state Vice-President Daya Shankar Singh and asked the state government to respond to a petition moved by the leader now in the eye of a controversy.
Singh, who was state BJP vice president, was expelled by the party for six years in the wake of the storm triggered by his remarks against the BSP supremo .
A Vaishali district court on Thursday ordered registration of an FIR against BSP president Mayawati and three other party leaders for allegedly making inflammatory speeches last week spreading animosity in the society.
In what is likely to aggravate trouble for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Thursday refused to put a stay on his arrest in connection with his abusive remarks against BSP chief Mayawati.
The BJP will be protesting against the BSP leaders and workers for dragging the family members of its expelled leader Dayashankar Singh into the political slugfest.
Two Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislators raised the banner of revolt against the party leadership on Wednesday and accused party chief Mayawati of selling tickets for a price.
Women workers, supporters and leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would be staging a sit-in and demonstrate in the state capital on Thursday against the alleged objectionable comments made by Bahujan Samaj Party leaders against the wife and daughter of former BJP leader Daya Shankar Singh.
A flood alert has been sounded in the Uttar Pradesh districts which border Nepal after rains pounded the Himalayan country in the past 48-hours, an official said on Wednesday.
A 21-year-old woman was killed allegedly over dowry demand at Aliganj tehsil here following which her husband and five others have been booked, police said today.
A recent picture of expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dayashankar Singh, who had made abusive statement against Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati, has come to the fore.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday launched a scathing attack on the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh and accused it of deviating from the ideals of socialist ideologue Dr Ram Manohar Lohia.
Congress chief ministerial candidate in Uttar Pradesh Sheila Diskhit on Tuesday said Congress would form government after 27 years in the state in the 2017 Assembly elections and BJP would stand fourth in the polls.
- Women fight over seat in London metro
- Sacked AAP minister claims threat to his life from Kejriwal and his men
- Massive traffic jam brings Gurugram to a standstill
- Are Indian journalists sympathising with terrorists like Burhan Wani?
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh arrested in Bihar
- Mumbai: Man crushed to death after tree falls on car
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country?
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-II
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-III
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-III
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-IV
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-V
- Is Mehbooba Mufti unhappy over Burhan Wani's encounter?
- Is Mehbooba Mufti unhappy over Burhan Wani's encounter? Part II
- General V K Singh praises Zee News for its independent reporting over Kashmir issue
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen
- Boy George 'devastated' over friend's suicide
- Oil prices decline on glut worries
- US military confirms 14 new civilian deaths in Iraq, Syria
- Trump, Clinton to be given intelligence briefings: US officials
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists