Ahead of the Janmashtami festival, which marks the birthday of Lord Krishna, elaborate arrangements are being made in the city for hassle free darshan of the principal deity at Sri Krishna Janmasthan.
Uttar Pradesh News
BJP's Braj area office-bearers today met here to discuss strategies for the upcoming panchayat polls and the 2017 Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
A 15-year-old girl has filed a complaint saying that she was raped by her neighbour in Faridabad.
The Allahabad High Court Tuesday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to ensure that the national flag is hoisted at madrassas across the state on Independence Day and Republic Day.
In a bizarre ruling, the all-male Khap Panchayat in Baghpat district of Uttar Pradesh has ordered to rape a 23-year-old woman and her 15-year-old minor sister, in order to punish them for their brother's mistake.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday attacked the Congress saying it was "obstructing" passage of important bills in the Parliament as the party did not want to see "progress" of the country.
Twelve policemen and several others were today injured as Physical Education degree holders demanding government jobs in primary and secondary schools of the state indulged in arson and clashed with police which used batons and water canons to quell the protest.
Insects were found in the midday meal served to children in a primary school in Sheetalpur area here following which a complaint has been lodged with the Basic Shiksha Adhikari.
Uttar Pradesh government Tuesday decided to extend free ultrasound facility to patients in government hospitals.
Four persons were today killed and two others injured when a jeep they were traveling in was hit by a passenger train at an unmanned crossing in Mainpuri district, a police spokesman said here.
Police here have identified 100 such places in the city where road security signages is proposed to be installed to tackle the problems of congestion due to unruly traffic.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav took the ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav-led government and the party MLAs to task by giving them one month's time to "improve" in a bid to gain good results for the Assembly elections in 2017.
Around 18 people were injured in separate incidents of clashes between various groups here.
A case has been filed against Bakshipur village pradhan and his associates for allegedly firing at a tehsildar and his team here, who had gone to investigate election rigging complaint against him.
One person was killed and another was injured when they were allegedly fired at near NTPC crossing here on Sunday evening, police said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to sanction the remaining Rs 4,700 cr of the Rs 7,543 cr- memorandum sent by the Uttar Pradesh government for relief of farmers affected by hailstorm or untimely rains.
Two brothers were injured when they were allegedly beaten up by four persons for resisting eve-teasing of a girl in Barthari village under Bagwala police station here, police said on Sunday.
Four persons were on Saturday killed and around 20 others injured when a mini bus collided with a truck in Kakori area, police said here.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's image was not getting sullied due to potholed roads in his constituency Varanasi as their maintenance was responsibility of the Uttar Pradesh government, Union Minister Piyush Goyal said here on Saturday.
Locals assaulted a policemen and torched a police outpost in protest against death of a youth due to a road accident in Rampur Karkhana area, near Maduwahdeeh village, police said here on Saturday.
Five victims of the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots were beaten up allegedly by some residents of their native village when they went there for some work.
Rising number of youths and teenagers are engaging in cyber crime due to lack of awareness, a top Uttar Pradesh police official said on Friday.
Union minister Mahesh Sharma on Friday said that the 1,320 MW Khurja power plant at Arnia block here will boost industrial growth in Noida and benefit around a dozen districts in UP.
The Allahabad High Court has ruled that if Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal surrenders before a court in Amethi district within four weeks, no coercive action shall be taken against him till then in a criminal case pending in the lower court.
Tension prevailed in Jansath after a local religious leader's car was allegedly attacked by some people in Muradnagar here, police said on Friday.
Opposing the demand for Jat reservation, the Bhartiya Kisan Sanghathan (BKS) has threatened to boycott Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Sanjeev Balyan for supporting the issue.
A 16 year-old-girl was allegedly raped by three youths when she has gone to collect water from public hand pump at Budhana town in the district, police said on Thursday.
Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) jawans on Wednesday saved a teenage girl from drowning after she jumped into the Saryu river allegedly in an attempt to take her life.
Private taxi owners roughed up Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) officer when he tried to stop the illegal operation of unauthorised taxis from Faizabad bus depot.
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Mehrishi to replace LC Goyal as Union Home Secretary
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- Has Pakistan forgotten its history of losses at the hands of India? - Part II
- Top Bollywood Breaking News
- LPG cylinders without subsidy now Rs. 25.50 less in Delhi
- Auto-taxi strike in Delhi on Wednesday against govt's new taxi services
- DNA: Manipur in boil, but where is the media!
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Sheena Bora murder: Mumbai Police likely to conduct narco test on Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- Manipur violence: Houses of state health minister, 5 MLAs set on fire; curfew imposed in Churachandpur
- Agreed to kill Sheena Bora after Indrani Mukerjea told me Vidhie's life was in danger: Sanjeev Khanna
- Who sent messages from Sheena's mobile to her boyfriend Rahul after she was murdered? - Read
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Dinesh Karthik sues automobile designer Dilip Chhabria: Report
- Is Sheena Bora alive?