Priyanka Gandhi and HRD Minister Smriti Irani were on Wednesday engaged in a war of words after the Congress leader said an IIIT was not being set up in her mother Sonia Gandhi's Rae Bareli constituency by the Union Minister who hit back by saying that she has not done her "homework".
Uttar Pradesh News
A woman was allegedly gang-raped by four persons in Dargarh Shareef area here and two accused have been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
In a daring heist, unidentified robbers allegedly have decamped with an ATM machine containing Rs 15.56 lakh cash in Shishgarh area here, police said on Wednesday.
Five jail personnel, including the jailor of a divisional prison, have been suspended after mobile phones and other electronic accessories were recovered from inmates during raid by the local administration, an official said here on Wednesday.
A 55-year-old man was on Wednesday shot dead allegedly by three unidentified persons in Ambedkar Nagar district here, police said.
Several agitated farmers, demanding higher compensation for their land acquired by CPWD in 1961, today tried to plough it, following which they were stopped by police, a senior official said.
The police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a sex racket with the arrest of nine persons, including four women, from a flat near Santosh Medical College here.
A 15-year-old girl was stabbed to death allegedly by her brother over some family dispute at Rasoolpur Ghari village here on Wednesday, police said.
Five people, including two children, were killed and as many others injured when the car in which they were travelling collided with a truck at Karhal crossing here Wednesday morning, police said.
Announcing several schemes for the Amethi constituency of Uttar Pradesh, Union Minister for Human Resource Development Smriti Irani said that the NDA Government at the Centre has done more for the region than generations of the Congress's first family members.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned civic garbage burning in the holy town of Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh.
A 35-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly killing his parents in connivance with his relatives in Shamli district, police said today.
A labourer was killed and another injured after a wall allegedly collapsed on them while they were working in Shamli district, police said on Wednesday.
The Congress would contest the forthcoming Panchayat polls with its full might, party leader Madhusudan Mistry said here on Tuesday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday kicked off a 'Maha Sampark Abhiyaan' - a contact programme aimed at telling the masses about the achievements of the NDA government at the centre in one year.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Tuesday said he had sent back for re-examination the list of persons to be nominated for the upper house Vidhan Parishad sent by the government for his approval.
The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday declined to grant interim relief to religious leader Swami Vasudevananda Saraswati who has challenged a lower court order declaring his claim to the title of "Shankaracharya" of Jyotishpeeth Badrikashram shrine as illegal.
Congress president and Rae Bareli MP Sonia Gandhi will inaugurate works done under the MP Local Area Development (MPLAD) funds during a day-long visit here on Thursday.
A clash on Tuesday broke out between members of two groups allegedly over appointment of an Imam of a mosque in Kutubkhana area here, police said.
President Pranab Mukherjee has mourned the loss of lives in a train derailment on Monday in Uttar Pradesh.
Heat wave conditions prevailed at isolated places in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday as weather was dry over the state.
At least 50 people were injured when the bus carrying them overturned at Raya Bichpuri road in Mathura.
President Pranab Mukherjee has condoled the loss of lives caused by the derailment of the Muri Express near Sirathu in Uttar Pradesh's Kaushambi district.
A journalist was seriously injured after he was allegedly shot at by three unidentified persons in Kandhla town of Shamli district, police said on Tuesday.
Two persons were injured in stone pelting when a clash broke out between two groups over parking of vehicles in Miranpur town here, police said on Tuesday.
The Allahabad High Court has set aside a single judge's order whereby Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board had been directed to prepare a merit list of OBC candidates who had appeared in written examinations for posts of constables by extending "benefit of 7.50 marks admissible against six wrong questions" in question paper.
Mythili Mishra of Amity International School, who achieved a second rank in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class XII exams, wants to become an IAS officer.
Delhi High Court on Monday sought the response of Uttar Pradesh government on a plea by NHRC challenging a trial court's decision to acquit 16 policemen of charges of murder and other crimes in the 1987 Hashimpura massacre case, in which 42 people were killed in Meerut city.
An 18-year-old girl was on Monday strangulated to death allegedly by her elder brother as he was unhappy over her affair with a neighbour, police said.
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark