BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday said the Digital India programme is ineffective until Prime Minister Narendra Modi fulfills his pre-poll promise of supplying electricity to every home.
Uttar Pradesh News
A generous intervention by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik to help restore a dozen stolen hens to their rightful owner has led to Raj Bhavan receiving a slew of requests for assistance to trace missing pets.
After keeping a list of nine names sent by the state government for nomination as MLCs on hold for over a month, Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Thursday gave his approval to four of the recommended persons while seeking more information about the remaining five.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father for six months in Nauchandi police station area here, police said Thursday.
As many as 15 minors, working as child labourers, were rescued from hotels and 'dhabas' in various parts of the district under "Muskaan", a campaign to trace missing kids, police said on Thursday.
A 30-year-old woman, who was allegedly gang-raped, attempted suicide by consuming poison at Kotwali police station here over police's "failure" to arrest the accused.
About 200-250 live and used cartridges were found in a drain near Milana road here, police said on Thursday.
A man was beaten up allegedly by four youths when he objected to their eve-teasing of his daughter in Narayan village under Shahpur police station here, police said on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh has the largest number of "fake" universities in the country at eight, followed by six in Delhi, the University Grants Commission (UGC) said on Wednesday. It said the country has 21 such bogus universities.
A five-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a teenage boy at Mahaban town, following which he was arrested, police said.
Local environmentalists on Wednesday again voiced their opposition to the Uttar Pradesh government's move to reduce the eco-sensitive zone limit around Sur Sarovar or Keetham Lake from 10 km to just 250 metres.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has decided to set up English-medium schools up to intermediate in all districts of Uttar Pradesh by 2017.
A 15-year-old minor girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her resident in Gopal Nagar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has decided to set up English-medium schools upto intermediate in all districts of Uttar Pradesh by 2017.
Rains continued to lash most parts of Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday, bringing relief from the hot and humid temperature of the past week.
Two Bajrang Dal activists were arrested for allegedly beating up and parading a person for stealing a calf from a chowshed in Shamli district, police said here on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended birthday greetings to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who turned 41 on Wednesday.
Two days after escaping from the high-security Tihar prisons, the second undertrial was on Tuesday arrested from Gonda district of Uttar Pradesh by Delhi Police.
Faridnagar in Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh, which was hit by communal violence on Sunday night, remained calm on Tuesday amid heavy deployment of security forces.
Heavy rains on Tuesday failed to dampen the spirit of devotees bound for Badrinath and Hemkund Sahib as yatra to the famed Himalayan shrines in Uttarakhand went on uninterrupted with the Chief Minister ordering heavier deployment of SDRF, police and administrative personnel on sensitive points along the route.
BSP supremo Mayawati on Tuesday accused BJP government at Centre and states of not following "raj dharma" and asked the allies of the saffron party especially in Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir, to reconsider their alliance.
Moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at many places over eastern Uttar Pradesh and at a few places in western parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
A social activist along with another person was arrested today for allegedly instigating tribals to encroach forest land.
As many as 30 pilgrims were injured on Tuesday as the bus they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck on Hathras-Sikandarau road here, police said.
A court here sentenced a man and his mother to seven years imprisonment for killing his wife for dowry in 2011.
Three persons have been booked under the Gangster (Control) Act three months after allegedly raping a woman here, Sakrauli police said on Tuesday.
Four persons, including three children, from the same family were killed and others received serious injuries in a fire due to cooking gas leakage in their house in Majhwara bazar area here, police said on Tuesday.
Three persons, including two women, have been killed in separate incidents in the district during last 48 hours, police said on Tuesday.
Seven persons were injured in a clash between two groups in Bhagpur village under Kotwali Bagwala area, police said.
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- I dream of a Digital India where knowledge is strength: PM Modi
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- Nehru's Wikipedia page 'edited' by Govt department, alleges Congress
- ISI funding NGOs in India to promote terror: RAW
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan is really special for Salman Khan
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- Cases of drunken driving on the rise in Mumbai
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security arrangements
- Court Stops the Release of Sunny Deol's film Mohalla Assi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi to address first election rally in Muzaffarpur on July 25
- Lalit Modi claims Varun Gandhi offered to help settle matters with Sonia
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP's national training workshop
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- Top 5 reasons to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- Amarnath yatra gets underway as first batch flagged-off
- Indian Ocean cannot be backyard of India: China
- Look inside: Shahid, Mira Rajput's wedding card, Gurgaon hotel set for big day!
- Modi govt politically dishonest, has no values: Govindacharya
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- July 7 wedding: What will Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput wear on D-day?