Two school children were crushed to death and seven others injured by a speeding truck on Delhi-Dehradun National Highway this morning, police said.
Uttar Pradesh News
Uttar Pradesh tops the list of states with highest mobile penetration in rural areas, while Naxal-affected Chhattisgarh finds its place at the bottom.
A 19-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her lover in the wee hours today following which the accused has been arrested, police said.
A 35-year-old woman, who was set on fire during an alleged rape attempt, has succumbed to her injuries, police said on Friday.
The property of Manoj Yadav, cousin of mafia don D P Yadav and accused of killing a local BJP leader last year, was attached today at Laxmi Nagar area, police said.
11 persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a decade-old triple murder case in Dahturi Tola village.
The body of a ten year-old boy, who went missing yesterday, was found with some organs missing in Ahmedpur Phulwariya village here this morning, police said.
At least eight people were killed and three others injured after a tempo collided with a truck in Uttar Pradesh's Rae Bareli district on Friday.
After fingers have been raised against Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey for allegedly appointing his two son-in-laws in the Assembly flouting norms, Governor Ram Naik Friday said that he would "examine the matter".
A youth has been arrested for sharing "objectionable" post on social networking site Facebook against Samajwadi Party leader Shafiqur Rehman Burq in Nakhasa police station area here, an official said.
Eight people were killed and two others injured Friday morning when the tempo in which they were travelling collided with a truck in Rajghat area.
Robbers allegedly looted a truck carrying 371 bags of grains at gunpoint near Jinawali village in the village, police said.
BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday said the Digital India programme is ineffective until Prime Minister Narendra Modi fulfills his pre-poll promise of supplying electricity to every home.
A generous intervention by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik to help restore a dozen stolen hens to their rightful owner has led to Raj Bhavan receiving a slew of requests for assistance to trace missing pets.
After keeping a list of nine names sent by the state government for nomination as MLCs on hold for over a month, Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on Thursday gave his approval to four of the recommended persons while seeking more information about the remaining five.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father for six months in Nauchandi police station area here, police said Thursday.
As many as 15 minors, working as child labourers, were rescued from hotels and 'dhabas' in various parts of the district under "Muskaan", a campaign to trace missing kids, police said on Thursday.
A 30-year-old woman, who was allegedly gang-raped, attempted suicide by consuming poison at Kotwali police station here over police's "failure" to arrest the accused.
About 200-250 live and used cartridges were found in a drain near Milana road here, police said on Thursday.
A man was beaten up allegedly by four youths when he objected to their eve-teasing of his daughter in Narayan village under Shahpur police station here, police said on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh has the largest number of "fake" universities in the country at eight, followed by six in Delhi, the University Grants Commission (UGC) said on Wednesday. It said the country has 21 such bogus universities.
A five-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a teenage boy at Mahaban town, following which he was arrested, police said.
Local environmentalists on Wednesday again voiced their opposition to the Uttar Pradesh government's move to reduce the eco-sensitive zone limit around Sur Sarovar or Keetham Lake from 10 km to just 250 metres.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has decided to set up English-medium schools up to intermediate in all districts of Uttar Pradesh by 2017.
A 15-year-old minor girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her resident in Gopal Nagar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has decided to set up English-medium schools upto intermediate in all districts of Uttar Pradesh by 2017.
Rains continued to lash most parts of Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday, bringing relief from the hot and humid temperature of the past week.
Two Bajrang Dal activists were arrested for allegedly beating up and parading a person for stealing a calf from a chowshed in Shamli district, police said here on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended birthday greetings to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who turned 41 on Wednesday.
Two days after escaping from the high-security Tihar prisons, the second undertrial was on Tuesday arrested from Gonda district of Uttar Pradesh by Delhi Police.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Wimbledon 2015: Federer, Murray sweep through; Nadal crashes out in second round
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Rejoice! Special Eid song for Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' fans
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself