A gang of armed robbers allegedly barged into a house, assaulted the family and gang-raped their 12-year-old daughter in a nearby field on the outskirts of Lucknow on Tuesday night.
Uttar Pradesh News
In a major blow to Congress, sedition case has been filed against 200 party workers for allegedly shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during a rally in UP's Moradabad.
In a huge embarrassment to ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh, a married woman has accused party leader Ashok Pradhan and two others of raping her.
Amidst the heightened tension between India and Pakistan after the Uri attack, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said the doors of talks should not be closed and "dialogue can solve every problem".
The apex court has asked the agency to send the notice to Azam Khan for his personal appearance in the matter.
The Election Commission today said it will keep an eye on the role of police in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections slated next year, besides focusing on the use of money and muscle power.
In Uttar Pradesh, the Election Commission has directed the district magistrates and the superintendents of police to gear up for the state assembly election which is expected to be held early next year.
In yet another incident of medical apathy, a woman was forced to deliver her baby aboard a tonga (horse-drawn carriage) in Bareilly district of Uttar Pradesh.
A shameful incident has been reported from Uttar Pradesh's Moradabad.
"The Chief Minister has sanctioned Rs 15 lakh each for the families of 18 persons missing after Muzaffarnagar riots," an official spokesman said.
This reflects how much the RSS and the BJP are scared, Rahul said.
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Naseem Zaidi on Monday held a long and exhaustive meeting with all District Magistrates and district police chiefs in Uttar Pradesh to discuss the coming assembly elections scheduled for early next year.
BJP leader Anurag Thakur on Monday condemned the shoe attack on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh, saying this is no way to convey anger against anybody.
A man on Monday threw a shoe at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during a road show of 'Kisan Yatra' Uttar Pradesh's Sitapur.
Tainted former UP Mines Minister Gayatri Prajapati, against whose reinduction a social activist had petitioned the Governor, was today sworn in along with three others, in perhaps the last expansion of the Akhilesh Yadav ministry before the 2017 UP Assembly polls.
All is not still not well in ruling Samajwadi Party, hit by family feud, as reflected in its sudden decision to abruptly cancel the proposed rally of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in Azamgarh on October 6.
Controversy shrouds the expansion of the Akhilesh Yadav ministry on Monday with a social activist throwing a spanner by challenging before Governor Ram Naik the possible re-entry of tainted former Mines Minister Gayatri Prajapati.
At least five persons were killed and three were left injured when a car in which they were travelling fell into a gorge in Bareilly district of Uttar Pradesh.
Amar Singh has described Samajwadi Party general secretary Mulayam Singh Yadav as `Sher of Uttar Pradesh`.
Governor Ram Naik will administer the oath of office and secrecy to the new ministers at Raj Bhawan on Monday.
In what is sure to bring in huge embarrassment for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, several party workers were captured on camera thrashing some youths, who were protesting against the Gandhi scion in Uttar Pradesh's Rae Bareli district on Friday.
Samajwadi Party Uttar Pradesh unit president Shivpal Yadav on Thursday said that all those indulging in "indiscipline" in the party will be shown the door.
Conflicting signals continued to emerge from Uttar Pradesh's ruling Samajwadi Party.
Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) today said it will contest the upcoming Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh alone and project its young general secretary Jayant Chaudhary as its face.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday conducted simultaneous raids at 21 places in connection with multi-crore-rupee swindling of funds in the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) during 2007-2010, an official said.
A group of youngsters from Sambhal district adopted a queer way to express their anguish and sent a letter written with their blood to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, urging him to take stringent action against Pakistan.
Will the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) vice chancellor, Lt. Gen. Zameer Uddin Shah (retd), exit before the September 26 hearing in the Supreme Court challenging his appointment for not fulfilling the laid-down norms or will the Union HRD ministry plead for allowing him to continue till his term ends in May 2017?
Bodies of three suspected wanted criminals were found with bullet injuries in a house at Ghasipura village in the district, police said today.
A probe team of the National Human Rights Commission has found that many families "migrated" from Kairana in Uttar Pradesh due to threats pertaining to "increase in crime" and "deterioration" of law-and-order situation there.
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- DNA: Analyzing the reality of stone pelters and separatist in Kashmir Part-II
- Delhi Health Minister Satyandra Jain under income tax scanner
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- Must watch video! This is how young Indian envoy silenced Pakistan at the United Nations
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and water cannot flow together, says PM Narendra Modi
- Cauvery row: Release water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka; Section 144 imposed in Bengaluru till Sept 30