Two persons were killed and four injured when a minibus fell into a gorge on Rishikesh-Chamba highway in Narendra Nagar area here, police said on Saturday.
Nine disqualified Uttarakhand Congress MLAs, who had approached the Supreme Court seeking permission to attend the upcoming session of the state Assembly, have failed to win approval from the apex court.
It's a major revelation by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with terrorist activities in India.
Heavy rains continue to pound Uttarakhand causing most rivers to breach its danger mark.
Heavy downpour is disrupting normal life in several parts of country since last couple of days, however, the national capital has been experiencing major relief with the showers brining down the temperature significantly.
Heavy rains lashed most parts of Uttarakhand, affecting normal life and disrupting pilgrimage to Badrinath.
Uttarakhand government asked district authorities to take necessary precautions in the wake of MeT reports.
A day after the sudden removal of a statue of police horse Shaktiman by authorities kicked up a row, Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Wednesday said the decision to install the statue at Rispana chawk and renaming the place after the horse was final.
On Monday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was scheduled to unveil the statue of Shaktimaan at the police lines, where it is buried, in Dehradun.
The `Shaktiman Park` has been constructed in Dehradun Police Line.
Uttarakhand BJP president Ajay Bhatt had recently dared Rawat to an open debate on the sting CD case.
The Yamunotri and Gangotri highways are open for traffic.
At least 40 people are feared dead following a fresh downpour that triggered flash floods and landslides in Uttarakhand, a state official said.
Eight people have been killed and seven injured when their vehicle fell into a deep gorge in Kalsi area of the district, police said on Sunday.
In Uttarakhand, almost all major rivers are flowing near the danger marks and in view of this, the authorities have asked the people living in low lying areas to move to safer places.
The relief and rescue operation is going on at war footing in the villages of Uttarakhand following heavy rains and cloud burst.
Ten rivers and rivulets were in spate across the state and traffic disrupted on several routes due to landslides.
According to media reports, the Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts of the state were the worst affected.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday expressed grief over the loss of lives caused by cloudburst and heavy rain in Uttarakhand.
On a day, when some 30 people have perished in Uttarakhand in a devastating cloudburst, it is pertinent to list some of the recent calamities that shook the nation.
Expressing profound grief over the loss of lives due heavy rains and cloudbursts in several districts of Uttarakhand, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday assured that several National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams have been rushed aid the state to tackle the calamity.
Twelve persons were killed and 25 others were missing as torrential rains and landslides hit Uttarakhand's Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts in the wee hours today, burying villages in sludge with many residents trapped under the debris.
Families of the victims to receive Rs two lakhs each
The Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rain at isolated places especially in Nainital, Udham Singh Nagar and Champawat districts of Uttarakhand.
The Yamunotri highway, near Kharadi, has been damaged leading to traffic being halted.
Describing the Harish Rawat government in Uttarakhand as "one steeped in corruption", BJP president Amit Shah on Saturday asked the people to dislodge it from power and help the lotus "bloom" in the state.
At least eight people were killed and seven others injured after a jeep fell into a deep gorge near Shantakhal in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal district on Friday.
The girl had fallen into the crevice while climbing a mountain.
The first batch of 55 Indian pilgrims undertaking the annual Kailash Mansarovar yatra today entered Tibet through the Lipulekh pass in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- PM Modi offers prayer at Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur
- Dayashankar's wife accuses BSP of abusing her family
- PM addresses rally in Gorakhpur, lays foundation stone for AIIMS, fertilizer unit
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir?
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part II
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part III
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part IV
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part V
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?