The Uttarakhand government on Wednesday sought a one-time assistance of Rs 500 crore from the Centre for the Ardha Kumbh mela that is scheduled to begin in January next.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat said that he had mentioned that there is a law to protect cows and those who made this law stressed on protection.
Law will deal sternly with those who kill cows in Uttarakhand and the state government will do everything for cow conservation, the CM said.
Proceedings of the Uttarakhand Assembly were adjourned early Tuesday with Opposition BJP insisting on a debate on allocation of capital status to Gairsain.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided three places and arrested 24 people for online gambling.
Local residents and even security personnel are using Nepalese SIM cards in border areas as no state-owned or private telecom company from India is providing services there, raising security issues.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat said his government is planning to develop the areas adjoining Kedarnath as a "paradise of tourism".
At a time when India is battling high level of pollution, the residents of Haridwar will now have an eco-friendly alternative to perform the last rites of the deceased.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat today said the government would seek suggestions from public over the draft of Land Consolidation Bill before sending it to the Assembly.
Five members of a family were killed when their car fell into a deep gorge on Mussoorie-Dhanolti road, police said on Wednesday.
Mild tremors were felt in parts of Uttarakhand on Tuesday afternoon.
Enthused by the success of ongoing Char Dham Yatra, which is being held for the third consecutive season since the 2013 disaster, the state government has decided to organise programmes on November 24 to celebrate 'Safe Uttarakhand' to attract more pilgrims to the state.
Ramdev's Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth campus may soon get permanent security cover of paramilitary CISF, a facility extended to only a handful of private entities such as Infosys till now.
Peeved at Chief Minister Harish Rawat's alleged refusal to meet the wife and son of a jailed BJP MLA and booking them on charges of breach of peace, BJP in Uttarakhand on Monday said all its MLAs will stage a demonstration outside CM's residence on October 5 and protest against the state government's "growing arrogance and disregard for democratic norms."
Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Saturday condemned the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raids at the premises of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on the day of his daughter's marriage, saying they were carried out at the behest of the Centre.
The National Green Tribunal, which had earlier directed complete ban on plastic in Haridwar and surrounding areas, has again taken Uttarakhand government to task for proliferation of unauthorised industries and hotels operating there.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri who passed away at his ashram here late on Wednesday night will be ceremonially buried inside the ashram premises on Friday.
Three youths were today killed and as many injured when the car they were travelling in caught fire after falling into a gorge near Doiwala area here, police said.
Uttarakhand government today said that it will develop 13 Yoga and herbal villages in the state.
Health condition of spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri, a close associate of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who has been indisposed for some time, has improved, and he will be discharged from hospital soon.
ttarakhand Forest Minister Dinesh Agarwal's helicopter on Sunday made an emergency landing due to inclement weather in Mirzapur area here, police said.
Attacking Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused it of indulging in "negative politics", saying 40 MPs were "conspiring" and "blocking" parliamentary process, thereby holding back India's development march.
On the eve of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Rishikesh on Friday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Thursday wrote to him seeking release of remaining Rs 1200 crore of the package cleared by the Centre for the state to deal with effects of the devastating natural calamity of 2013.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Chandigarh and Uttarakhand on Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday arrive in Rishikesh to meet his guru, who as been indisposed for some time.
In his maiden visit to Uttarakhand after assuming office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Rishikesh on September 11 to meet Swami Dayanand Giri who has been indisposed for some time.
Two professors of IIT Roorkee have been arrested in connection with the collapse of an under- construction bridge in Tehri district which claimed eight lives three years ago.
Local BJP MLA Arvind Pandey, accused of assaulting a government official on duty, today surrendered before the police here.
Uttarakhand is all set to release a postal stamp, in the memory of famous modern Hindi poet Sumitranandan Pant, in December this year.
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami, a Special Forces Commando of the Army who was martyred while battling militants in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, were laid to rest at his ancestral home in Bindukhatta here on Saturday with full military honours.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma