Snowfall in the higher reaches of Uttarakhand hills and isolated drizzle in lower areas on Friday caused the mercury to plunge at various places across the state.
BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday charged the Narendra Modi government with attempting to strip AMU and Jamia Millia Islamia of their minority status and termed the move as "communally and politically motivated".
Uttarakhand DGP claimed that strict action would be initiated if it is found that the constables were harassed.
A high alert has been declared and police teams instructed to remain on their toes after a suspicious man was spotted in Dehradun.
AAP workers also held a demonstration at the proposed site yesterday to protest the state government's move.
AAP leader Anoop Nautiyal on Thursday asked the Centre to reject the Uttarakhand government's proposal for a smart city to be developed on a tea estate on the city outskirts, alleging that it is wrapped in a "web of blatant corruption", besides being anti-people and anti-environment. Nautiyal, in an email letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, alleged that the state government had vested interests behind the proposal.
The Ardh Kumbh Mela began at Har ki Pauri ghat in Haridwar on Tuesday. At least 1 million devotees are expected to take bath in the holy river this year.
Aam Aadmi Party on Wednesday alleged that the Harish Rawat government in Uttarakhand had struck a deal with international companies having no digital footprint for an investment worth Rs 3,300 crore, dubbing it as the biggest possible scam ever to have hit the state.
Nityanand shaped the lives of thousands of RSS workers and created a path for future generations," BJP Rajya Sabha MP Tarun Vijay said.
The holy town of Haridwar on Friday braced itself to the start of a four-month-long Kumbh mela, touted as the largest religious congregation on earth, with around 7 crore people set to take the holy bath during the mela.
The Jim Corbett National Park has one of the densest tiger populations in the country.
Uttarakhand is one of the several states facing monkey menace these days.
Maintaining that the sexual exploitation of a deaf and dumb Nari Niketan inmate has harmed the state's image, BJP on Tuesday demanded a judicial or CBI probe into the case.
A tea estate land on the outskirts of the city will be bought to develop a smart city in Dehrdaun spread over an area of 1,200-1,900 acres, Uttarakhand government said on Monday.
The Uttarakhand government on Wednesday sought a one-time assistance of Rs 500 crore from the Centre for the Ardha Kumbh mela that is scheduled to begin in January next.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat said that he had mentioned that there is a law to protect cows and those who made this law stressed on protection.
Law will deal sternly with those who kill cows in Uttarakhand and the state government will do everything for cow conservation, the CM said.
Proceedings of the Uttarakhand Assembly were adjourned early Tuesday with Opposition BJP insisting on a debate on allocation of capital status to Gairsain.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided three places and arrested 24 people for online gambling.
Local residents and even security personnel are using Nepalese SIM cards in border areas as no state-owned or private telecom company from India is providing services there, raising security issues.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat said his government is planning to develop the areas adjoining Kedarnath as a "paradise of tourism".
At a time when India is battling high level of pollution, the residents of Haridwar will now have an eco-friendly alternative to perform the last rites of the deceased.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat today said the government would seek suggestions from public over the draft of Land Consolidation Bill before sending it to the Assembly.
Five members of a family were killed when their car fell into a deep gorge on Mussoorie-Dhanolti road, police said on Wednesday.
Mild tremors were felt in parts of Uttarakhand on Tuesday afternoon.
Enthused by the success of ongoing Char Dham Yatra, which is being held for the third consecutive season since the 2013 disaster, the state government has decided to organise programmes on November 24 to celebrate 'Safe Uttarakhand' to attract more pilgrims to the state.
Ramdev's Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth campus may soon get permanent security cover of paramilitary CISF, a facility extended to only a handful of private entities such as Infosys till now.
Peeved at Chief Minister Harish Rawat's alleged refusal to meet the wife and son of a jailed BJP MLA and booking them on charges of breach of peace, BJP in Uttarakhand on Monday said all its MLAs will stage a demonstration outside CM's residence on October 5 and protest against the state government's "growing arrogance and disregard for democratic norms."
Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Saturday condemned the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raids at the premises of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on the day of his daughter's marriage, saying they were carried out at the behest of the Centre.
The National Green Tribunal, which had earlier directed complete ban on plastic in Haridwar and surrounding areas, has again taken Uttarakhand government to task for proliferation of unauthorised industries and hotels operating there.
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Security advisor Kunal Verma's book reveals untold story behind 1962 Indo-China war
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- Will Pak take action against Hafiz Saeed and Lakhvi after Headley's revelations?
- Four people burnt dead in Delhi's Dilshad Garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- While politics got 'detached' from religion, Modi govt took measures to preserve 'Sanatan Dharma': Amit Shah
- ICC U-19 World Cup, semi-final: India vs Sri Lanka - As it happened...
- Pakistan's ISI provided moral, financial support to LeT for 26/11 Mumbai attacks: David Headley's big revelations
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game
- A woman encounters a huge wolf and the most unexpected thing happens - Watch
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Salman Khan’s new look as ‘Sultan’: Valentine's Day special- See Pic