A 60-year-old man allegedly chopped off a finger of an eight-year-old dalit boy in Haridwar district when the latter inadvertantly stepped over a row of cowdung cakes kept for drying while playing with his friends.
The search team on the Kedarnath trekking route in Uttarakhand discovered 19 more human skeletons on Tuesday, an official said.
Noting that universities today face the challenge of producing cadres of skilled youth who can take up research and leadership roles, Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul today asked them to re-orient themselves in accordance with the changing times and develop an academic base which gives confidence to students.
Some local residents of Uttarakhand's Ramnagar on Thursday killed a man-eater tigress.
A Mi17 chopper of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed soon after take off in Badrinath town in Uttarakhand on Wednesday but no one was hurt, officials said.
The Uttarakhand government on Monday admitted that many skeletons had been recovered from near the Kedarnath temple that was badly hit by flash floods and heavy rains in 2013.
The two-week-long Indo-US joint military exercise, being conducted at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand, concluded on Tuesday.
President Pranab Mukherjee will arrive in Uttarakhand on Tuesday for a three-day visit, officials said.
A mild quake measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale jolted Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand and adjoining areas in the wee hours today.
As part of the ongoing `Yudh Abhyas 2016` exercise, the Indian and US troops on Thursday participated in joint training operations in the mountainous terrain of Uttarakhand, a defence official said.
The regional Met department on Wednesday forecast heavy rains in the Kumaon region in the next 48 hours, an official of the state government said.
Five coaches of the Doon Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh's Faizabad on Tuesday afternoon, said railway officials. No casualties were reported so far.
President Pranab Mukherjee will be on a four-day visit to Uttarakhand from September 27 during which he will go to Kedarnath to pay obeisance at the Himalayan shrine along with his family and take part in the Ganga Arti at Haridwar.
The ruling Congress in Uttarakhand will seek answers from the centre for allegedly meting out step-motherly treatment to the hill state and inflicting on it the "wound of defection", during its 'Satat Vikas Sankalpa Yatra' starting September 10.
More than 50 roads in the state continue to be blocked by landslides, leading to problems for people living in some towns and villages.
The Kailash Mansarowar Yatra came to an end today as the last batch of 38 pilgrims reached the Lipulekh pass in the Indian territory this morning.
The nationwide strike of central trade unions on Friday showed little impact in the hill state of Uttarakhand as the state employees ignored the strike call.
Uttarakhand's Governor KK Paul has returned a file related to the appointment of Lokayukta to the state government here and asked it to start the process again by following appropriate rules and regulations.
More than five dozen people were stranded and the priest of a famous temple was trapped under debris in Gangotri after heavy rains triggered a landslide in the region on Tuesday morning, an official said.
Yoga Guru Ramdev is planning to start a world-class university in India in the next five years.
At least seven persons were killed and several others were left injured after a cloudburst triggered by heavy rain hit Pauri region of Uttarakhand on Monday.
Heavy rains continued to affect most parts of Uttarakhand damaging the trek to Kedarnath, officials said on Saturday.
Security has been heightened at public places in Uttarakhand ahead of the Independence Day celebrations, a police official said on Wednesday.
The PMO has taken cognisance of a written complaint lodged by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) alleging corruption in Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited (UPCL), the AAP said here on Monday.
Rishikesh-Gangotri National Highway is blocked by debris near Helgugad, Laldhang and Gangnani in Uttarkashi district.
Uttarakhand BJP has demanded the resignation of Chief Minister Harish Rawat following allegations made by a woman in connection with a rape case lodged against BJP leader Harak Singh Rawat, saying "conspirators had no right to remain in power".
A 32-year-old woman from Assam, who had registered a rape case against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Harak Singh, has withdrawn her complaint.
A leopard smashed the window pane to get into the room as the couple cowered behind a bed to escape its notice.
The Uttarakhand Police on Saturday booked BJP leader Harak Singh Rawat after a complaint on charges of rape and harassment was lodged against him.
The images posted by news agency ANI show local residents risking their lives while crossing a raging river stream on a makeshift bridge in Uttarkashi.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- India has sufficient material, technical capacity to produce 492 nuclear bombs, claims research by Pakistani think-tank
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny
- Misbah-ul-Haq sends England wicket-keeper and slip fielder wrong way with fake shot – Watch