AAP unit of Uttarakhand today asked the Centre to publish an 'Annual Statewide Corruption Index' ranking states in accordance with their levels of corruption, in a bid to develop an institutional mechanism to discourage graft.
Two persons were killed and four injured when a minibus fell into a gorge on Rishikesh-Chamba highway in Narendra Nagar area here, police said on Saturday.
Nine disqualified Uttarakhand Congress MLAs, who had approached the Supreme Court seeking permission to attend the upcoming session of the state Assembly, have failed to win approval from the apex court.
It's a major revelation by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with terrorist activities in India.
Heavy rains continue to pound Uttarakhand causing most rivers to breach its danger mark.
Heavy downpour is disrupting normal life in several parts of country since last couple of days, however, the national capital has been experiencing major relief with the showers brining down the temperature significantly.
Heavy rains lashed most parts of Uttarakhand, affecting normal life and disrupting pilgrimage to Badrinath.
Uttarakhand government asked district authorities to take necessary precautions in the wake of MeT reports.
A day after the sudden removal of a statue of police horse Shaktiman by authorities kicked up a row, Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Wednesday said the decision to install the statue at Rispana chawk and renaming the place after the horse was final.
On Monday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was scheduled to unveil the statue of Shaktimaan at the police lines, where it is buried, in Dehradun.
The `Shaktiman Park` has been constructed in Dehradun Police Line.
Uttarakhand BJP president Ajay Bhatt had recently dared Rawat to an open debate on the sting CD case.
The Yamunotri and Gangotri highways are open for traffic.
At least 40 people are feared dead following a fresh downpour that triggered flash floods and landslides in Uttarakhand, a state official said.
Eight people have been killed and seven injured when their vehicle fell into a deep gorge in Kalsi area of the district, police said on Sunday.
In Uttarakhand, almost all major rivers are flowing near the danger marks and in view of this, the authorities have asked the people living in low lying areas to move to safer places.
The relief and rescue operation is going on at war footing in the villages of Uttarakhand following heavy rains and cloud burst.
Ten rivers and rivulets were in spate across the state and traffic disrupted on several routes due to landslides.
According to media reports, the Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts of the state were the worst affected.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday expressed grief over the loss of lives caused by cloudburst and heavy rain in Uttarakhand.
On a day, when some 30 people have perished in Uttarakhand in a devastating cloudburst, it is pertinent to list some of the recent calamities that shook the nation.
Expressing profound grief over the loss of lives due heavy rains and cloudbursts in several districts of Uttarakhand, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday assured that several National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams have been rushed aid the state to tackle the calamity.
Twelve persons were killed and 25 others were missing as torrential rains and landslides hit Uttarakhand's Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts in the wee hours today, burying villages in sludge with many residents trapped under the debris.
Families of the victims to receive Rs two lakhs each
The Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rain at isolated places especially in Nainital, Udham Singh Nagar and Champawat districts of Uttarakhand.
The Yamunotri highway, near Kharadi, has been damaged leading to traffic being halted.
Describing the Harish Rawat government in Uttarakhand as "one steeped in corruption", BJP president Amit Shah on Saturday asked the people to dislodge it from power and help the lotus "bloom" in the state.
At least eight people were killed and seven others injured after a jeep fell into a deep gorge near Shantakhal in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal district on Friday.
The girl had fallen into the crevice while climbing a mountain.
The first batch of 55 Indian pilgrims undertaking the annual Kailash Mansarovar yatra today entered Tibet through the Lipulekh pass in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part-II
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part III
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- Wimbledon loss cannot overshadow the results that I`ve had in the past 15 months: Novak Djokovic
- Navjot Singh Sidhu to announce joining AAP today?
- STOP THIS VIOLENCE! Dalit youths beaten up by 25 people in Maharashtra's Beed for overtaking
- Nintendo shares plunge 17% on Pokemon Go warning
- Relief for Salman Khan as Rajasthan High Court acquits him in two chinkara poaching cases
- India tour of West Indies 2016: It was a complete performance, says Virat Kohli after comprehensive win
- Vietnam warns South China Sea is a `test` of ASEAN
- China telecom giant Huawei first half revenue up 40%
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter