The images posted by news agency ANI show local residents risking their lives while crossing a raging river stream on a makeshift bridge in Uttarkashi.
The opposition Congress, Samajwadi Party and Trinamool Congress on Thursday raised in the Lok Sabha the incursion by Chinese troops along the Uttarakhand border earlier this month.
Rains continued to wreck havoc in Uttarakhand on Thursday as destruction was reported from two villages after a cloud burst in Yamuna and Ganga valleys.
Asserting that the reports of Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand was an extremely worrisome factor for India, Defence Expert P.K. Sehgal on Thursday stated that the grim development indicates that India is not as alert as it should be at it borders and also called for increased surveillance.
The Uttarakhand government said on Wednesday that Chinese troops had been spotted within its territory on July 19 by local officials who were asked to return. Army sources however said the incident took place on July 22.
AAP unit of Uttarakhand today asked the Centre to publish an 'Annual Statewide Corruption Index' ranking states in accordance with their levels of corruption, in a bid to develop an institutional mechanism to discourage graft.
Two persons were killed and four injured when a minibus fell into a gorge on Rishikesh-Chamba highway in Narendra Nagar area here, police said on Saturday.
Nine disqualified Uttarakhand Congress MLAs, who had approached the Supreme Court seeking permission to attend the upcoming session of the state Assembly, have failed to win approval from the apex court.
It's a major revelation by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with terrorist activities in India.
Heavy rains continue to pound Uttarakhand causing most rivers to breach its danger mark.
Heavy downpour is disrupting normal life in several parts of country since last couple of days, however, the national capital has been experiencing major relief with the showers brining down the temperature significantly.
Heavy rains lashed most parts of Uttarakhand, affecting normal life and disrupting pilgrimage to Badrinath.
Uttarakhand government asked district authorities to take necessary precautions in the wake of MeT reports.
A day after the sudden removal of a statue of police horse Shaktiman by authorities kicked up a row, Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Wednesday said the decision to install the statue at Rispana chawk and renaming the place after the horse was final.
On Monday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was scheduled to unveil the statue of Shaktimaan at the police lines, where it is buried, in Dehradun.
The `Shaktiman Park` has been constructed in Dehradun Police Line.
Uttarakhand BJP president Ajay Bhatt had recently dared Rawat to an open debate on the sting CD case.
The Yamunotri and Gangotri highways are open for traffic.
At least 40 people are feared dead following a fresh downpour that triggered flash floods and landslides in Uttarakhand, a state official said.
Eight people have been killed and seven injured when their vehicle fell into a deep gorge in Kalsi area of the district, police said on Sunday.
In Uttarakhand, almost all major rivers are flowing near the danger marks and in view of this, the authorities have asked the people living in low lying areas to move to safer places.
The relief and rescue operation is going on at war footing in the villages of Uttarakhand following heavy rains and cloud burst.
Ten rivers and rivulets were in spate across the state and traffic disrupted on several routes due to landslides.
According to media reports, the Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts of the state were the worst affected.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday expressed grief over the loss of lives caused by cloudburst and heavy rain in Uttarakhand.
On a day, when some 30 people have perished in Uttarakhand in a devastating cloudburst, it is pertinent to list some of the recent calamities that shook the nation.
Expressing profound grief over the loss of lives due heavy rains and cloudbursts in several districts of Uttarakhand, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday assured that several National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams have been rushed aid the state to tackle the calamity.
Twelve persons were killed and 25 others were missing as torrential rains and landslides hit Uttarakhand's Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts in the wee hours today, burying villages in sludge with many residents trapped under the debris.
Families of the victims to receive Rs two lakhs each
The Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rain at isolated places especially in Nainital, Udham Singh Nagar and Champawat districts of Uttarakhand.
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- Apple talks services amid drop in iPhone sales, profit
- Apple quarterly profit slides 27% to $7.8 billion
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary