Five members of a family were killed when their car fell into a deep gorge on Mussoorie-Dhanolti road, police said on Wednesday.
Mild tremors were felt in parts of Uttarakhand on Tuesday afternoon.
Enthused by the success of ongoing Char Dham Yatra, which is being held for the third consecutive season since the 2013 disaster, the state government has decided to organise programmes on November 24 to celebrate 'Safe Uttarakhand' to attract more pilgrims to the state.
Ramdev's Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth campus may soon get permanent security cover of paramilitary CISF, a facility extended to only a handful of private entities such as Infosys till now.
Peeved at Chief Minister Harish Rawat's alleged refusal to meet the wife and son of a jailed BJP MLA and booking them on charges of breach of peace, BJP in Uttarakhand on Monday said all its MLAs will stage a demonstration outside CM's residence on October 5 and protest against the state government's "growing arrogance and disregard for democratic norms."
Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Saturday condemned the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raids at the premises of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on the day of his daughter's marriage, saying they were carried out at the behest of the Centre.
The National Green Tribunal, which had earlier directed complete ban on plastic in Haridwar and surrounding areas, has again taken Uttarakhand government to task for proliferation of unauthorised industries and hotels operating there.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri who passed away at his ashram here late on Wednesday night will be ceremonially buried inside the ashram premises on Friday.
Three youths were today killed and as many injured when the car they were travelling in caught fire after falling into a gorge near Doiwala area here, police said.
Uttarakhand government today said that it will develop 13 Yoga and herbal villages in the state.
Health condition of spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri, a close associate of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who has been indisposed for some time, has improved, and he will be discharged from hospital soon.
ttarakhand Forest Minister Dinesh Agarwal's helicopter on Sunday made an emergency landing due to inclement weather in Mirzapur area here, police said.
Attacking Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused it of indulging in "negative politics", saying 40 MPs were "conspiring" and "blocking" parliamentary process, thereby holding back India's development march.
On the eve of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Rishikesh on Friday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Thursday wrote to him seeking release of remaining Rs 1200 crore of the package cleared by the Centre for the state to deal with effects of the devastating natural calamity of 2013.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Chandigarh and Uttarakhand on Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday arrive in Rishikesh to meet his guru, who as been indisposed for some time.
In his maiden visit to Uttarakhand after assuming office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Rishikesh on September 11 to meet Swami Dayanand Giri who has been indisposed for some time.
Two professors of IIT Roorkee have been arrested in connection with the collapse of an under- construction bridge in Tehri district which claimed eight lives three years ago.
Local BJP MLA Arvind Pandey, accused of assaulting a government official on duty, today surrendered before the police here.
Uttarakhand is all set to release a postal stamp, in the memory of famous modern Hindi poet Sumitranandan Pant, in December this year.
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami, a Special Forces Commando of the Army who was martyred while battling militants in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, were laid to rest at his ancestral home in Bindukhatta here on Saturday with full military honours.
Tourists visiting Uttarakhand's Tehri Jheel will soon have the added attraction of staying in 'floating huts' designed on the lines of the house boats of Dal lake in Jammu and Kashmir.
To minimise frequency of man-animal conflicts, animal protection walls will be erected in villages adjoining forests in Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Harish Rawat said.
It's been almost two years since Uttarakhand was devastated by the sudden flash floods, but the memories of the tragedy still haunt many, especially the labourers employed in the Kedarnath region for its restoration work.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has sought a special assistance of Rs 500 crore from the Centre for the safe conduct of Ardhakumbh Mela during which huge crowds of devotees are likely to converge on the banks of the Ganga in Haridwar.
Under pressure from a section of police personnel protesting for removal of pay anomalies in the force, the state government has decided to grant benefits of hiked pay and grade pay to different categories of employees of the department with retrospective effect from December 12, 2011.
Concern over the "looming threat" to flora and fauna in the eco-sensitive Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary from helicopter operations to fly pilgrims to the religious shrine there was expressed by an environmental group today, leading the green tribunal to seek responses from the Environment Ministry and Uttarakhand government.
Badrinath national highway reopened to traffic after a three-day disruption caused by a stretch of road being washed away by rain.
Uttarakhand government today ordered immediate payment of compensation to Kedarnath teerth purohits who had to give their land for reconstruction work around the Himalayan shrine as per Kedarnath masterplan.
BJP today hit back at Chief Minister Harish Rawat for his remark that he was ready for a judicial probe into the sting video episode if BJP produced the original CD and said the Uttarakhand CM was once again "shying away" from a high-level probe into the matter.
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Sheena Bora murder prime accused Indrani Mukerjea admitted to hospital
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Incident of man shooting self at Delhi metro station raises questions of lax security
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- Ind vs SA: Virat Kohli becomes fastest to 1000 T20I runs in terms of innings played
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights
- Dadri lynching: Local BJP member's son instigated crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh
- Did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Rohit Sharma's maiden T20I ton goes in vain as JP Duminy steers South Africa past India
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- Know what Farhan Akhtar’s TV show 'I Can Do That’ is all about
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble depose before Lodha Commission
- Know what happens to Aamir Khan after he eats Punjabi food
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report