A tea estate land on the outskirts of the city will be bought to develop a smart city in Dehrdaun spread over an area of 1,200-1,900 acres, Uttarakhand government said on Monday.
The Uttarakhand government on Wednesday sought a one-time assistance of Rs 500 crore from the Centre for the Ardha Kumbh mela that is scheduled to begin in January next.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat said that he had mentioned that there is a law to protect cows and those who made this law stressed on protection.
Law will deal sternly with those who kill cows in Uttarakhand and the state government will do everything for cow conservation, the CM said.
Proceedings of the Uttarakhand Assembly were adjourned early Tuesday with Opposition BJP insisting on a debate on allocation of capital status to Gairsain.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided three places and arrested 24 people for online gambling.
Local residents and even security personnel are using Nepalese SIM cards in border areas as no state-owned or private telecom company from India is providing services there, raising security issues.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat said his government is planning to develop the areas adjoining Kedarnath as a "paradise of tourism".
At a time when India is battling high level of pollution, the residents of Haridwar will now have an eco-friendly alternative to perform the last rites of the deceased.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat today said the government would seek suggestions from public over the draft of Land Consolidation Bill before sending it to the Assembly.
Five members of a family were killed when their car fell into a deep gorge on Mussoorie-Dhanolti road, police said on Wednesday.
Mild tremors were felt in parts of Uttarakhand on Tuesday afternoon.
Enthused by the success of ongoing Char Dham Yatra, which is being held for the third consecutive season since the 2013 disaster, the state government has decided to organise programmes on November 24 to celebrate 'Safe Uttarakhand' to attract more pilgrims to the state.
Ramdev's Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth campus may soon get permanent security cover of paramilitary CISF, a facility extended to only a handful of private entities such as Infosys till now.
Peeved at Chief Minister Harish Rawat's alleged refusal to meet the wife and son of a jailed BJP MLA and booking them on charges of breach of peace, BJP in Uttarakhand on Monday said all its MLAs will stage a demonstration outside CM's residence on October 5 and protest against the state government's "growing arrogance and disregard for democratic norms."
Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Saturday condemned the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raids at the premises of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on the day of his daughter's marriage, saying they were carried out at the behest of the Centre.
The National Green Tribunal, which had earlier directed complete ban on plastic in Haridwar and surrounding areas, has again taken Uttarakhand government to task for proliferation of unauthorised industries and hotels operating there.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri who passed away at his ashram here late on Wednesday night will be ceremonially buried inside the ashram premises on Friday.
Three youths were today killed and as many injured when the car they were travelling in caught fire after falling into a gorge near Doiwala area here, police said.
Uttarakhand government today said that it will develop 13 Yoga and herbal villages in the state.
Health condition of spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri, a close associate of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who has been indisposed for some time, has improved, and he will be discharged from hospital soon.
ttarakhand Forest Minister Dinesh Agarwal's helicopter on Sunday made an emergency landing due to inclement weather in Mirzapur area here, police said.
Attacking Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused it of indulging in "negative politics", saying 40 MPs were "conspiring" and "blocking" parliamentary process, thereby holding back India's development march.
On the eve of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Rishikesh on Friday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Thursday wrote to him seeking release of remaining Rs 1200 crore of the package cleared by the Centre for the state to deal with effects of the devastating natural calamity of 2013.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Chandigarh and Uttarakhand on Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday arrive in Rishikesh to meet his guru, who as been indisposed for some time.
In his maiden visit to Uttarakhand after assuming office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Rishikesh on September 11 to meet Swami Dayanand Giri who has been indisposed for some time.
Two professors of IIT Roorkee have been arrested in connection with the collapse of an under- construction bridge in Tehri district which claimed eight lives three years ago.
Local BJP MLA Arvind Pandey, accused of assaulting a government official on duty, today surrendered before the police here.
Uttarakhand is all set to release a postal stamp, in the memory of famous modern Hindi poet Sumitranandan Pant, in December this year.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- 7th class student commits suicide in Kanpur
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- ISL 2015: Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa - Peview
- Court's decision to criminalise gay sex needs reconsideration: Jaitley
- Twin IED explosions near Pakistan's Quetta airport
- Owner of Christian channel lodges blasphemy complaint in Pakistan
- Watch: What Varun Dhawan's little fan says to him for 'Dilwale'!