Tremor of mild intensity was felt in Chamoli district and adjoining areas of Uttarakhand after a 4-magnitude earthquake struck the region Wednesday evening.
Insisting on a CBI probe into the alleged scam in relief operations during 2013 flash-floods in in Uttarakhand, the main Opposition BJP on Wednesday said it would protest outside Chief Minister Harish Rawat's residence here on June 10 in support of their demand.
Uttarakhand Information Commissioner Anil Kumar Sharma, who recently recommended a CBI probe into alleged scam in relief operations during 2013 flash-floods, has sought security from the Centre citing a threat to his life.
Uttarakhand Governor KK Paul said on Tuesday police is a "service" not a "force" whose biggest priority should be to provide assistance to the public and win their confidence.
Uttarakhand Information Commissioner Anil Kumar Sharma, who recently unearthed irregularities in government spending of relief money for 2013 floods, today claimed he was receiving death threats and sought security cover from the Centre.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Sunday said that he has ordered an inquiry into the flood relief scam, adding that strict action would be initiated against those responsible.
Under pressure from 'Save Ganga' activists, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Saturday issued directives to Haridwar district administration asking it to stop all mining activities on the river bed.
Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal on Saturday blamed the Harish Rawat government in the state for the flood scam and demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry into the matter.
With the state Information Commission finding irregularities in disbursal of funds meant for relief operations in Uttarakhand post the 2013 floods, Opposition BJP on Saturday demanded resignation by state government and sought a CBI probe into the alleged "loot" of aid money.
Three Gorkha Rifles jawans were injured when a grenade in their truck went off in the high security Garhi Cantonment area here this afternoon.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Saturday ordered an inquiry into alleged inflated and forged bills submitted by state government officials during the relief works of 2013 floods.
A student of IIT, Roorkee, drowned in the Ganga river near Shivpuri in Rishikesh when he went to the riverside for a bath along with a group of friends, police said here on Saturday.
Drawing attention to the limited resources at the disposal of?Himalayan states, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Friday requested Union Minister Sushma Swaraj to take up with the Centre the issue of maintaining the state's special category status which helped it get generous help from the Centre in the past.
When lakhs of people in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand went hungry during the 2013 disaster, officials of the state government savoured mutton chops, chicken, milk and cottage cheese in the course of their Rs 7000 per day hotel stay supervising relief efforts.
There is good news regarding Hemkund yatra. With a four kilometre road from base camp Govind Ghat to Pulna being operational, the administration is giving permission to locals to operate taxis.
A local court in Haridwar on Thursday rejected the bail plea of yoga guru Baba Ramdev's brother Ram Bharat and sent him to 14 days judicial custody in connection with a clash between Patanjali Food and Herbal Park's staff and members of a transport union, which had led to the death of one person.
One person was shot dead and four others were injured on Thursday when a clash broke out between security guards on duty at Ramdev's Patanjali Food and Herbal Park in Padartha area and members of a truck union, police said.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Wednesday refuted allegations by some BJP leaders that ambitious centrally sponsored schemes related to Ganga were not progressing at the desired pace due to non-cooperation of the state government.
Uttarakhand Governor KK Paul will honour students who attained top positions in the High School and Intermediate examinations of Uttarakhand Board on June 6.
With a motor road built between Govindghat and Pulna, the 22-km trek to the Himalayan Sikh shrine of Hemkund Sahib has been reduced by four km.
The Uttarakhand Board of School Education (UBSE) declared the results of the Class 10th and Class 12th board exam 2015 results on Tuesday.
The Uttaranchal board class 10th results 2015 have been declared by the Uttarakhand Board of School Education at 11:30 am on Tuesday.
Uttarakhand Class 12th Result 2015 have been announced by the Uttarakhand Vidhyalayee Shiksha Parishad today.
Uttarakhand Board Class 10 results 2015 were declared on uaresults.nic.in on May 26 (Tuesday).
Uttarakhand Board Class 12 results 2015 were declared on uaresults.nic.in on May 26 (Tuesday).
The Uttaranchal board class 10th results 2015 are likely to be declared by the Uttarakhand Board of School Education at 11 am on Tuesday.
Uttarakhand Class 12th Result 2015 are expected to be announced on Tuesday by the Uttarakhand Vidhyalayee Shiksha Parishad.
The Uttarakhand Vidhyalayee Shiksha Parishad will declare the Uttarakhand Board Results 2015 for Class 12 today on May 26.
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Maggi controversy: Case against Big B, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta
- Exclusive: Candid chat with superstar Amitabh Bachchan!
- Vidya Balan gets honorary doctorate for her contribution to Indian cinema
- RBI cuts repo rate by 0.25% to 7.25%
- PM Modi invites Sonia, Rahul, Kejriwal to take part in yoga event
- Govt launches 'khoya-paya' web portal to track missing children
- How to store food during summer!
- Immunotherapy, a new treatment to fight cancer
- DNA: A reality check of Delhi's Anganwadi scheme
- 1984 riots: Delhi HC asks CBI to reply on allegations against Tytler
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- LG says AAP govt has no powers to appoint Bihar cops in Delhi ACB
- Goa police bust prostitution ring; Telugu actress rescued
- Maggi controversy: As it happened on Wednesday
- Modi govt’s novel initiative: ‘khoya-paya’ web portal to track missing children launched
- Jaipur joins India's metro rail club
- SEBA Result 2015: Check resultsassam.nic.in, ahsec.nic.in, seba.net.in for Assam Board HSLC Class 10 exam result shortly
- ‘Make in India’ lion came from Switzerland?
- Minorities are as much a part of India as anyone else: PM Modi assures Muslim leaders
- Ravi Shastri appointed Team India's interim coach for Bangladesh tour
- Drought fears grow as IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon