At least 500 people were left stranded after a landslide blocked a highway in Uttarakhand on Saturday.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has expressed concern over slow pace of work related to 2016 Ardhakumbh mela and directed officials to expedite it without compromising on the quality.
Residents of this famous tourist resort were up in arms against the Uttarakhand High Court order to demolish illegal constructions in Zone 1 and 2 of the city's Master Plan.
Elderly persons who were abandoned by their daughters-in-law after their sons' death in the 2013 calamity will get financial assistance from the state government.
In a sudden curtailment of inter-cadre deputation, the Centre has ordered the transfer of former Personal Secretary to Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Mohammad Shahid to the place of his immediate previous posting, after a sting video purportedly showing him negotiating a bribery deal went public.
BJP on Saturday demanded resignation of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his Uttarakhand counterpart Harish Rawat, who, the party claimed, were involved in graft cases.
Under fire over a sting video purportedly showing Chief Minister Harish Rawat's personal secretary negotiating a bribery deal with a middleman for liquor licences, Uttarakhand government has removed the official from the post.
Samajwadi party's Uttarakhand unit today said that Dimple Yadav, wife of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav, should be the face of the party in the state, for the next election.
Samajwadi Party's Uttarakhand unit on Friday said that Dimple Yadav, wife of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav, should be the face of the party in the state, for the next election.
Over the last 200 years less than 50 % of the Himalayan arc has been damaged due to tremors, which includes the Garhwal-Kumaon belt of Uttarakhand, and a major earthquake cannot be ruled out in the region, a parliamentary report has said.
Uttarakhand government on Thursday asked the state DGP B S Sidhu to examine the authenticity of the sting operation video CD released by BJP accusing Chief Minister Harish Rawat of corruption in liquor licenses.
Uttarakhand High Court on Wednesday rejected the petition of 64 students challenging the decision of IIT-Roorkee to expel them for scoring less than five Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) in semester examinations.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Wednesday rejected BJP's allegations of corruption against him over alleged changes in liquor policy saying the party was "desperate" and making the charge to deflect national attention from scams involving its top leaders.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat's secretary Mohammad Shahid has been suspended, as per media reports on Wednesday.
With no end in sight to the ongoing tussle in Parliament, the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) opened a new front against the Congress by releasing a video of a purported sting operation against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat's personal secretary Mohammed Shahid, in which he is seen as negotiating with middlemen to change the excise policy in the state.
The RSS on Tuesday justified the Iftar party organised by its affiliate Muslim Rashtriya Manch for the first time on the eve of Ramzan and said the programme was "supported and attended wholeheartedly" by people.
In a development likely to give fresh impetus to reconstruction work around Kedarnath, the state government has completed the land acquisition process for developing a new road to the famed Himalayan temple, a senior official said on Tuesday.
Terming the enquiry by a state government-appointed panel into the alleged disaster relief scam as an "eyewash", opposition BJP in Uttarakhand today alleged that the probe was a ploy to shield officials and reiterated its demand for a CBI probe into the matter.
Indira Colony and Jansu residents in India`s Uttarkashi region are expecting a landslide in the wake of the Varunavat Mountain developing a 25-meter-long and 4-5 -inch wide crack.
A mild intensity earthquake measuring 4.0 magnitude on the Richter scale was recorded in Chamoli district and its adjoining areas in Uttarakhand on Sunday morning.
A committee set up by the Uttarkhand government on Friday gave a clean chit to government officials in alleged misuse of relief funds during rescue operations following the 2013 natural disaster, saying there was "no irregularities anywhere".
Accusing the Centre of heavily curtailing allocation of funds to Uttarakhand, the policy planning department of Pradesh Congress today threatened to hit the streets on July 27 against?the Modi government's attitude of neglect towards the hill state.
A total of 123 missing children were rescued from different parts of Uttarakhand by the state police in a fortnight as part of its ongoing drive named Operation Smile, launched to trace missing children.
In a reprieve to students expelled by IIT, Roorkee, for underperformance, the Uttarakhand High Court on Wednesday directed the administration of the premier institute to respond to a petition challenging its decision and allowed them to appear in a re-examination scheduled to be held from Thursday if they want.
A person has been arrested for allegedly making a hoax call about a bomb being planted at Indian Military Academy (IMA) campus here, throwing authorities into a tizzy, police said on Tuesday.
The ITBP jawan who allegedly shot dead a senior and injured another colleague at Mussoorie's prestigious IAS training academy last week was sent to jail today by a court here.
Police on Monday recovered and seized the rifle and about 100 rounds of bullets which were allegedly used by an ITBP constable to kill his officer and shoot at another colleague at the prestigious IAS Academy last week.
The annual Char Dham Yatra to Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, Yamunotri and Hemkund Sahib, which was hindered due to landslide near the Uttarkashi-Gangotri Marg, resumed on Monday.
The ITBP jawan, who had allegedly killed his superior and injured another colleague by opening fire at the prestigious IAS Academy in Mussoorie two days ago, on Sunday surrendered before police here.
Efforts have been intensified to nab the ITBP jawan who fled with an assault rifle and about 100 rounds of bullets after killing his officer and injuring another jawan at Mussoorie's IAS training academy.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- Fast and Facts @ 4pm
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Karnataka teachers freed by ISIS are safe, to return soon
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide