Amid rising demands for a cabinet reshuffle by a section of Congress leaders, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Sunday said decision on the same would be taken by the party high command.
Nainital will soon become the first district in Uttarakhand to launch an effective system of solid waste management in rural areas.
Alleging total collapse of law and order in Uttarakhand, Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Ajay Bhatt on Saturday said police has not been able to track down the driver who was responsible for collision with one of the escort vehicles in his convoy.
Senior BJP leader Ajay Bhatt on Friday said that he was ready to head any committee formed to probe the incident in which a woman masquerading as a trainee IAS officer stayed at the Lal Bahadur Shastri Administrative Academy in Mussoorie.
The body of Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Shahid Manzoor's daughter Abida, who was feared drowned in the Ganga river in Rishikesh, was recovered here on Thursday, 11 days after the mishap.
With a view to consolidate infrastructure along Chardham yatra route, Uttarakhand Chief Minster Harish Rawat has said a separate ropeway corporation will be set up to expand the ropeway network in the state.
Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh on Saturday decided to equally share the benefits of the proposed 660-MW Kishau dam multi-purpose project, resolving the persisting dispute between the two neighbouring states over it.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has turned down state police's request seeking a CBI probe into the unauthorised stay of a woman at the IAS training academy in Mussoorie for over six months masquerading as a probationer.
One Urdu teacher each will be appointed in every school where the number of minority students is 10 or more, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has said.
With the ruling Congress in Uttarakhand attaining a majority in the state Assembly last month, there is a renewed demand from within the party to cut down the share of cabinet berths of its ally Progressive Democratic Front and anoint some of its own MLAs as ministers.
The Uttarakhand Board results for Class 10 and 12 will be declared on May 26 at 11 am.
Tremors were felt across Uttarakhand on Tuesday as a 7.1 magnitude earthquake shook Nepal, less than three weeks after a devastating quake jolted the Himalayan country.
Nainital MLA Sarita Arya has been appointed president of Uttarakhand Pradesh Mahila Congress Committee.
After neighbouring Uttar Pradesh rolled out an all-cost-paid pilgrimage trip for senior citizens of the state, the hill state of Uttarakhand has also launched a similar exercise.
Uttarakhand Samajawadi Party on Monday asked for immediate appointment of the Lokayukta, to rein in "corruption in the hill state".
The second season of "Mere Bujurg Mere Teerth", a unique scheme under which the elderly are taken on a free pilgrimage to the famed Himalayan shrines of Uttarakhand, began here on Monday with the Chief Minister Harish Rawat flagging off three buses carrying pilgrims to Badrinath and Gangotri temples.
Hours after Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Shahid Manzoor’s daughter drowned in the streams of river Ganga at Rishikesh while rafting, Uttarakhand Police said on Sunday that search and rescue operations are going on.
The Supreme Court has awarded life imprisonment to seven persons for killing a student in 1996 over a row on contesting college election in Dehradun saying "common intention to kill" the victim could not be ruled out.
Five persons including the main accused in the alleged attack on a woman forest officer and her team for trying to stop illegal mining in Rampur area of Nainital district, have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Forest officials have found a dead Royal Bengal tigress in a forested area adjoining the Jim Corbett National Park.
Uttarakhand Police on Wednesday recommended a CBI probe be conducted into the unauthorised stay of a woman at the IAS training academy in Mussoorie for over six months masquerading as a probationer.
Uttarakhand Congress on Wednesday carried out statewide protests against the rising prices of petroleum products and demanded rollback of the hikes.
The devastating quake in Nepal has revived the controversy in India over the Tehri dam in Uttarakhand that was commissioned in 2006-07 and a nuclear plant proposed to be set up at Jaitapur in Maharashtra.
The annual Badrinath Yatra resumed on Tuesday after restoration of vehicular traffic on the Rishikesh-Badrinath National Highway, a week after it was closed due to landslides triggered by rains.
Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Monday pitched for making Gairsain in Chamoli district the permanent state capital and sought Rs 1,000 crore package from the Centre for its creation.
In a grim reminder of IPS Narendra Kumar Singh who was killed by mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh's Morena district, a lady trainee IFS officer claimed on Monday that she was being threatened by unscrupulous elements involved in illegal mining here in Uttarakhand.
The Rishikesh-Badrinath National Highway in Chamoli district remain closed for the sixth day on Sunday following rain-triggered landslides.
Uttarakhand government has raised the minimum compensation amount for farmers affected by crop losses to Rs 1,500 from the current provision of Rs 1,000.
Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust on Sunday sought to clarify the controversy over 'Putrajeevak Beej' medicine manufactured by the yoga guru-owned Divya Pharmacy, saying that the drug was meant for dealing with the problem of infertility in women and termed as "false and misleading" the notion that it promises a male child.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy