Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has expressed concern over slow pace of work related to 2016 Ardhakumbh mela and directed officials to expedite it without compromising on the quality.
Residents of this famous tourist resort were up in arms against the Uttarakhand High Court order to demolish illegal constructions in Zone 1 and 2 of the city's Master Plan.
Elderly persons who were abandoned by their daughters-in-law after their sons' death in the 2013 calamity will get financial assistance from the state government.
In a sudden curtailment of inter-cadre deputation, the Centre has ordered the transfer of former Personal Secretary to Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Mohammad Shahid to the place of his immediate previous posting, after a sting video purportedly showing him negotiating a bribery deal went public.
BJP on Saturday demanded resignation of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his Uttarakhand counterpart Harish Rawat, who, the party claimed, were involved in graft cases.
Under fire over a sting video purportedly showing Chief Minister Harish Rawat's personal secretary negotiating a bribery deal with a middleman for liquor licences, Uttarakhand government has removed the official from the post.
Samajwadi party's Uttarakhand unit today said that Dimple Yadav, wife of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav, should be the face of the party in the state, for the next election.
Samajwadi Party's Uttarakhand unit on Friday said that Dimple Yadav, wife of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav, should be the face of the party in the state, for the next election.
Over the last 200 years less than 50 % of the Himalayan arc has been damaged due to tremors, which includes the Garhwal-Kumaon belt of Uttarakhand, and a major earthquake cannot be ruled out in the region, a parliamentary report has said.
Uttarakhand government on Thursday asked the state DGP B S Sidhu to examine the authenticity of the sting operation video CD released by BJP accusing Chief Minister Harish Rawat of corruption in liquor licenses.
Uttarakhand High Court on Wednesday rejected the petition of 64 students challenging the decision of IIT-Roorkee to expel them for scoring less than five Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) in semester examinations.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Wednesday rejected BJP's allegations of corruption against him over alleged changes in liquor policy saying the party was "desperate" and making the charge to deflect national attention from scams involving its top leaders.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat's secretary Mohammad Shahid has been suspended, as per media reports on Wednesday.
With no end in sight to the ongoing tussle in Parliament, the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) opened a new front against the Congress by releasing a video of a purported sting operation against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat's personal secretary Mohammed Shahid, in which he is seen as negotiating with middlemen to change the excise policy in the state.
The RSS on Tuesday justified the Iftar party organised by its affiliate Muslim Rashtriya Manch for the first time on the eve of Ramzan and said the programme was "supported and attended wholeheartedly" by people.
In a development likely to give fresh impetus to reconstruction work around Kedarnath, the state government has completed the land acquisition process for developing a new road to the famed Himalayan temple, a senior official said on Tuesday.
Terming the enquiry by a state government-appointed panel into the alleged disaster relief scam as an "eyewash", opposition BJP in Uttarakhand today alleged that the probe was a ploy to shield officials and reiterated its demand for a CBI probe into the matter.
Indira Colony and Jansu residents in India`s Uttarkashi region are expecting a landslide in the wake of the Varunavat Mountain developing a 25-meter-long and 4-5 -inch wide crack.
A mild intensity earthquake measuring 4.0 magnitude on the Richter scale was recorded in Chamoli district and its adjoining areas in Uttarakhand on Sunday morning.
A committee set up by the Uttarkhand government on Friday gave a clean chit to government officials in alleged misuse of relief funds during rescue operations following the 2013 natural disaster, saying there was "no irregularities anywhere".
Accusing the Centre of heavily curtailing allocation of funds to Uttarakhand, the policy planning department of Pradesh Congress today threatened to hit the streets on July 27 against?the Modi government's attitude of neglect towards the hill state.
A total of 123 missing children were rescued from different parts of Uttarakhand by the state police in a fortnight as part of its ongoing drive named Operation Smile, launched to trace missing children.
In a reprieve to students expelled by IIT, Roorkee, for underperformance, the Uttarakhand High Court on Wednesday directed the administration of the premier institute to respond to a petition challenging its decision and allowed them to appear in a re-examination scheduled to be held from Thursday if they want.
A person has been arrested for allegedly making a hoax call about a bomb being planted at Indian Military Academy (IMA) campus here, throwing authorities into a tizzy, police said on Tuesday.
The ITBP jawan who allegedly shot dead a senior and injured another colleague at Mussoorie's prestigious IAS training academy last week was sent to jail today by a court here.
Police on Monday recovered and seized the rifle and about 100 rounds of bullets which were allegedly used by an ITBP constable to kill his officer and shoot at another colleague at the prestigious IAS Academy last week.
The annual Char Dham Yatra to Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, Yamunotri and Hemkund Sahib, which was hindered due to landslide near the Uttarkashi-Gangotri Marg, resumed on Monday.
The ITBP jawan, who had allegedly killed his superior and injured another colleague by opening fire at the prestigious IAS Academy in Mussoorie two days ago, on Sunday surrendered before police here.
Efforts have been intensified to nab the ITBP jawan who fled with an assault rifle and about 100 rounds of bullets after killing his officer and injuring another jawan at Mussoorie's IAS training academy.
Heavy rain pounded the hill state of Uttarakhand on Saturday, disrupting normal life at most places. The ongoing annual Chaar Dhaam Yatra pilgrimage was halted, officials said.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon Hanging: Should capital punishment be abolished?-Part 3
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Yakub Memon Hanging: Should capital punishment be abolished?
- Gurdaspur attack: Terrorists trained at Thailand-Myanmar border
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Rahul Gandhi meets protesting FTII students, says RSS promoting mediocrity
- Nation bids tearful adieu to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam; PM Modi attends funeral in Rameswaram
- Yakub Memon hanging: J&K MLA reveals he met Tiger Memon in PoK
- Mira Rajput to sizzle with Shahid Kapoor on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’?
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Gurdaspur attack: ISI trained terrorists at Thailand-Myanmar border for 10 days
- Those present at Yakub Memon's funeral are 'potential terrorists': Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy