The toll in the blazing forest fires in Uttarakhand rose to nine on Wednesday with two more deaths reported from Nainital.
Pranav Pandya , head of All World Gayatri Pariwar , was today nominated to Rajya Sabha by the Modi government.
The Uttarakhand High Court 's Chief Justice KM Joseph , who presided over the bench which quashed President's rule in the state, has been transferred to the Anhdra Pradesh High Court.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday granted Centre time till May 6 to appraise it about the feasibility of holding floor test in the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly.
The Supreme Court will resume hearing on the Uttarakhand High Court verdict revoking President's rule in the state where a major power tussle is underway between the Bharatiya Janata Party-led Centre and the Congress.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials seized Rs 1.5 lakh from the residence of Ashutosh Singh, the former OSD of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat.
The new Uttarakhand DGP has announced that police station in-charges who come up with innovative ideas for better coordination of Char Dham Yatra beginning next week will get cash rewards.
Raging forest fires in Uttarakhand could have a catastrophic effect on the state's glaciers which are the lifeline of the major rivers flowing through India's northern plains, believe many environmentalists.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Centre to think about the possibility of holding a floor test in the Uttarakhand Assembly in order to resolve the political crisis in the state.
Uttarakhand Assembly Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal on Monday rejected BJP's petition seeking disqualification of its MLA Bhim Lal Arya from Ghansali for defying party whip.
Forest fires raging through large parts of Uttarakhand began showing signs of abating as two IAF choppers and over 10,000 personnel continued firefighting operations for the second day on Monday.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh denied reports of deaths due to forest fires in Uttarakhand.
Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar on Monday said that four people have been arrested in connection with the Uttarkahnd forest fire case.
As forest fires continue to rage and intensify across Uttarakhand, Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader Saugata Roy has given an adjournment notice in the Lok Sabha demanding discussion on the present situation in the hill state.
The Union Home Ministry has sent a four-member expert team to Uttarakhand to look into the forest fires in the state.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) confirmed that of the 427 locations, fire in 70 percent of the areas were out.
A Mi-17 chopper of the IAF today began water sprinkling operations in Nainital to control the forest fires.
After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, incidents of forest fires were reported from Bathuni and Gambhir areas of Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district on Sunday.
Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Garhmukteshwar in Hapur district got derailed near Garhmukteshwar in Hapur district in Uttar Pradesh on Sunday evening, as per reports.
Deposed Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Sunday virtually accepted his presence in a sting video, but said that meeting a journalist was not a crime.
Here's the video showing how IAF's Mi-17 lifts water from Nainital's Bhimtal lake to spray it over Uttarakhand forest fire affected areas.
Here is the video of IAF's chopper MI-17 taking off from Nainital to drop water in areas affected by Uttarakhand forest fire.
Uttarakhand fires have destroyed nearly 1900 hectares of forest land in 13 districts since February. At least six have died so far. Now, to douse the fire, IAF's chopper MI-17 will drop water in affected areas. Here are all the updates.
A total of 1890.79 hectares of green cover have been destroyed this fire season which had an early start on February 2 due to a dry winter.
The National Disaster Response Force deployed three teams earlier today to control forest fires in Uttarakhand that have destroyed nearly 1900 hectares of forest land in 13 districts since February.
Over 1500 villages on Sunday were under threat from the raging forest fires in Uttarakhand, prompting the centre to deploy three teams of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) to bring the inferno under control.
On Saturday, Indian Air Force has also deployed an 11-member team equipped with a Mi-17 helicopter to control the blaze. This comes after the state government sought its help.
The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) on Saturday sought information on fires in forests in Uttarakhand from the state government and assured all possible relief.
NDRF director general OP Singh said his personnel have already started work in the affected areas.
Uttarakhand Governor KK Paul, Friday, allocated 3000 more personnel to double the number of those fighting the flames to 6000.
- Sony's new contact lens camera that can record video!
- AgustaWestland scam: CBI questions ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi
- New revelations in AgustaWestland chopper deal!
- Delhi: Diesel taxi drivers protest against ban
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- DNA : Analysis of connection between Emaar MGF and Rahul Gandhi
- DNA : How forest fire is melting Himalayan glaciers?
- DNA : Dreadful effects of melting Himalayan glacier
- DNA : Manoj Kumar honored with Dadasaheb Phalke award
- DNA : Today in History, 3rd May, 2016
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award
- Sonia Gandhi received bribe in AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Subramanian Swamy
- Indian Premier League 9: Beleaguered R Ashwin finds support in spin legend Muttiah Muralitharan during tough phase
- China, Japan growth to slow sharply in 2016, IMF warns
- Ghaziabad school evacuated after bomb threat
- Anushka Sharma kicks the butt in 'Sultan' new still—See inside!
- Bring back Kohinoor diamond, gift it to Jagannath Temple: BJD MP
- Virat Kohli – Anushka Sharma: Will the couple reconcile – This could be an indicator!
- Enclave-dwellers to vote for first time since Independence
- Pathankot IAF base remains highly unsafe, Centre to be blamed: Parliamentary panel
- Justice for Jisha: Will India unite for Kerala's Nirbhaya?