At a time when India is battling high level of pollution, the residents of Haridwar will now have an eco-friendly alternative to perform the last rites of the deceased.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat today said the government would seek suggestions from public over the draft of Land Consolidation Bill before sending it to the Assembly.
Five members of a family were killed when their car fell into a deep gorge on Mussoorie-Dhanolti road, police said on Wednesday.
Mild tremors were felt in parts of Uttarakhand on Tuesday afternoon.
Enthused by the success of ongoing Char Dham Yatra, which is being held for the third consecutive season since the 2013 disaster, the state government has decided to organise programmes on November 24 to celebrate 'Safe Uttarakhand' to attract more pilgrims to the state.
Ramdev's Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth campus may soon get permanent security cover of paramilitary CISF, a facility extended to only a handful of private entities such as Infosys till now.
Peeved at Chief Minister Harish Rawat's alleged refusal to meet the wife and son of a jailed BJP MLA and booking them on charges of breach of peace, BJP in Uttarakhand on Monday said all its MLAs will stage a demonstration outside CM's residence on October 5 and protest against the state government's "growing arrogance and disregard for democratic norms."
Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Saturday condemned the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raids at the premises of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on the day of his daughter's marriage, saying they were carried out at the behest of the Centre.
The National Green Tribunal, which had earlier directed complete ban on plastic in Haridwar and surrounding areas, has again taken Uttarakhand government to task for proliferation of unauthorised industries and hotels operating there.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri who passed away at his ashram here late on Wednesday night will be ceremonially buried inside the ashram premises on Friday.
Three youths were today killed and as many injured when the car they were travelling in caught fire after falling into a gorge near Doiwala area here, police said.
Uttarakhand government today said that it will develop 13 Yoga and herbal villages in the state.
Health condition of spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri, a close associate of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who has been indisposed for some time, has improved, and he will be discharged from hospital soon.
ttarakhand Forest Minister Dinesh Agarwal's helicopter on Sunday made an emergency landing due to inclement weather in Mirzapur area here, police said.
Attacking Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused it of indulging in "negative politics", saying 40 MPs were "conspiring" and "blocking" parliamentary process, thereby holding back India's development march.
On the eve of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Rishikesh on Friday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Thursday wrote to him seeking release of remaining Rs 1200 crore of the package cleared by the Centre for the state to deal with effects of the devastating natural calamity of 2013.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Chandigarh and Uttarakhand on Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday arrive in Rishikesh to meet his guru, who as been indisposed for some time.
In his maiden visit to Uttarakhand after assuming office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Rishikesh on September 11 to meet Swami Dayanand Giri who has been indisposed for some time.
Two professors of IIT Roorkee have been arrested in connection with the collapse of an under- construction bridge in Tehri district which claimed eight lives three years ago.
Local BJP MLA Arvind Pandey, accused of assaulting a government official on duty, today surrendered before the police here.
Uttarakhand is all set to release a postal stamp, in the memory of famous modern Hindi poet Sumitranandan Pant, in December this year.
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami, a Special Forces Commando of the Army who was martyred while battling militants in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, were laid to rest at his ancestral home in Bindukhatta here on Saturday with full military honours.
Tourists visiting Uttarakhand's Tehri Jheel will soon have the added attraction of staying in 'floating huts' designed on the lines of the house boats of Dal lake in Jammu and Kashmir.
To minimise frequency of man-animal conflicts, animal protection walls will be erected in villages adjoining forests in Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Harish Rawat said.
It's been almost two years since Uttarakhand was devastated by the sudden flash floods, but the memories of the tragedy still haunt many, especially the labourers employed in the Kedarnath region for its restoration work.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has sought a special assistance of Rs 500 crore from the Centre for the safe conduct of Ardhakumbh Mela during which huge crowds of devotees are likely to converge on the banks of the Ganga in Haridwar.
Under pressure from a section of police personnel protesting for removal of pay anomalies in the force, the state government has decided to grant benefits of hiked pay and grade pay to different categories of employees of the department with retrospective effect from December 12, 2011.
Concern over the "looming threat" to flora and fauna in the eco-sensitive Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary from helicopter operations to fly pilgrims to the religious shrine there was expressed by an environmental group today, leading the green tribunal to seek responses from the Environment Ministry and Uttarakhand government.
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- India to expose atrocities by Pakistan
- Panel discussion on sting against JDU leader Awadhesh Kushwaha
- Shiv Sena can break alliance with BJP after Kasuri issue
- Panel discussion on Shiv Sena's protest against Kasuri's book launch
- Pakistan at unrest following Zee News revelations on Balochistan and PoK
- Top news headlines @ 8pm
- Watch: Pooja Mishra caught on CCTV creating ruckus in store in Delhi
- Dengue breaks 19 year record in Delhi, 10,683 patients admitted
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Check out: Entire music album of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!
- Despite paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni, Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launched; Shiv Sena faces flak
- Attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni: Aaditya Thackeray's reply to Rajdeep Sardesai’s open letter
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bigg Boss 9 premiere: Salman Khan introduces inmates in 'double trouble' style!
- 'Ghar Wapsi': 300 converted to Hinduism in Varanasi
- Bihar polls: Opposition's only poll agenda is 'Modi Ka Vinash', says Narendra Modi
- India will support Palestine cause, engage with Israel: Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s little one – AbRam – drives a car!