Noting that universities today face the challenge of producing cadres of skilled youth who can take up research and leadership roles, Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul today asked them to re-orient themselves in accordance with the changing times and develop an academic base which gives confidence to students.
Some local residents of Uttarakhand's Ramnagar on Thursday killed a man-eater tigress.
A Mi17 chopper of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed soon after take off in Badrinath town in Uttarakhand on Wednesday but no one was hurt, officials said.
The Uttarakhand government on Monday admitted that many skeletons had been recovered from near the Kedarnath temple that was badly hit by flash floods and heavy rains in 2013.
The two-week-long Indo-US joint military exercise, being conducted at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand, concluded on Tuesday.
President Pranab Mukherjee will arrive in Uttarakhand on Tuesday for a three-day visit, officials said.
A mild quake measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale jolted Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand and adjoining areas in the wee hours today.
As part of the ongoing `Yudh Abhyas 2016` exercise, the Indian and US troops on Thursday participated in joint training operations in the mountainous terrain of Uttarakhand, a defence official said.
The regional Met department on Wednesday forecast heavy rains in the Kumaon region in the next 48 hours, an official of the state government said.
Five coaches of the Doon Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh's Faizabad on Tuesday afternoon, said railway officials. No casualties were reported so far.
President Pranab Mukherjee will be on a four-day visit to Uttarakhand from September 27 during which he will go to Kedarnath to pay obeisance at the Himalayan shrine along with his family and take part in the Ganga Arti at Haridwar.
The ruling Congress in Uttarakhand will seek answers from the centre for allegedly meting out step-motherly treatment to the hill state and inflicting on it the "wound of defection", during its 'Satat Vikas Sankalpa Yatra' starting September 10.
More than 50 roads in the state continue to be blocked by landslides, leading to problems for people living in some towns and villages.
The Kailash Mansarowar Yatra came to an end today as the last batch of 38 pilgrims reached the Lipulekh pass in the Indian territory this morning.
The nationwide strike of central trade unions on Friday showed little impact in the hill state of Uttarakhand as the state employees ignored the strike call.
Uttarakhand's Governor KK Paul has returned a file related to the appointment of Lokayukta to the state government here and asked it to start the process again by following appropriate rules and regulations.
More than five dozen people were stranded and the priest of a famous temple was trapped under debris in Gangotri after heavy rains triggered a landslide in the region on Tuesday morning, an official said.
Yoga Guru Ramdev is planning to start a world-class university in India in the next five years.
At least seven persons were killed and several others were left injured after a cloudburst triggered by heavy rain hit Pauri region of Uttarakhand on Monday.
Heavy rains continued to affect most parts of Uttarakhand damaging the trek to Kedarnath, officials said on Saturday.
Security has been heightened at public places in Uttarakhand ahead of the Independence Day celebrations, a police official said on Wednesday.
The PMO has taken cognisance of a written complaint lodged by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) alleging corruption in Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited (UPCL), the AAP said here on Monday.
Rishikesh-Gangotri National Highway is blocked by debris near Helgugad, Laldhang and Gangnani in Uttarkashi district.
Uttarakhand BJP has demanded the resignation of Chief Minister Harish Rawat following allegations made by a woman in connection with a rape case lodged against BJP leader Harak Singh Rawat, saying "conspirators had no right to remain in power".
A 32-year-old woman from Assam, who had registered a rape case against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Harak Singh, has withdrawn her complaint.
A leopard smashed the window pane to get into the room as the couple cowered behind a bed to escape its notice.
The Uttarakhand Police on Saturday booked BJP leader Harak Singh Rawat after a complaint on charges of rape and harassment was lodged against him.
The images posted by news agency ANI show local residents risking their lives while crossing a raging river stream on a makeshift bridge in Uttarkashi.
The opposition Congress, Samajwadi Party and Trinamool Congress on Thursday raised in the Lok Sabha the incursion by Chinese troops along the Uttarakhand border earlier this month.
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- ADHM row: Twinkle Khanna slams Raj Thackeray for demanding Army funds from producers
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- PM Modi appeals people to wish army officials this Diwali
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- DNA: Analysis of the pathetic conditions of Lord Ram's birth place Ayodhaya
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity - Part IV
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- IND vs NZ: Scott Styris leaves commentary box after losing bet involving Kedar Jhadav - VIDEO
- 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party' - Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter
- We are an ally who stood by India in darkest hours: Russia