The images posted by news agency ANI show local residents risking their lives while crossing a raging river stream on a makeshift bridge in Uttarkashi.
The opposition Congress, Samajwadi Party and Trinamool Congress on Thursday raised in the Lok Sabha the incursion by Chinese troops along the Uttarakhand border earlier this month.
Rains continued to wreck havoc in Uttarakhand on Thursday as destruction was reported from two villages after a cloud burst in Yamuna and Ganga valleys.
Asserting that the reports of Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand was an extremely worrisome factor for India, Defence Expert P.K. Sehgal on Thursday stated that the grim development indicates that India is not as alert as it should be at it borders and also called for increased surveillance.
The Uttarakhand government said on Wednesday that Chinese troops had been spotted within its territory on July 19 by local officials who were asked to return. Army sources however said the incident took place on July 22.
AAP unit of Uttarakhand today asked the Centre to publish an 'Annual Statewide Corruption Index' ranking states in accordance with their levels of corruption, in a bid to develop an institutional mechanism to discourage graft.
Two persons were killed and four injured when a minibus fell into a gorge on Rishikesh-Chamba highway in Narendra Nagar area here, police said on Saturday.
Nine disqualified Uttarakhand Congress MLAs, who had approached the Supreme Court seeking permission to attend the upcoming session of the state Assembly, have failed to win approval from the apex court.
It's a major revelation by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with terrorist activities in India.
Heavy rains continue to pound Uttarakhand causing most rivers to breach its danger mark.
Heavy downpour is disrupting normal life in several parts of country since last couple of days, however, the national capital has been experiencing major relief with the showers brining down the temperature significantly.
Heavy rains lashed most parts of Uttarakhand, affecting normal life and disrupting pilgrimage to Badrinath.
Uttarakhand government asked district authorities to take necessary precautions in the wake of MeT reports.
A day after the sudden removal of a statue of police horse Shaktiman by authorities kicked up a row, Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Wednesday said the decision to install the statue at Rispana chawk and renaming the place after the horse was final.
On Monday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was scheduled to unveil the statue of Shaktimaan at the police lines, where it is buried, in Dehradun.
The `Shaktiman Park` has been constructed in Dehradun Police Line.
Uttarakhand BJP president Ajay Bhatt had recently dared Rawat to an open debate on the sting CD case.
The Yamunotri and Gangotri highways are open for traffic.
At least 40 people are feared dead following a fresh downpour that triggered flash floods and landslides in Uttarakhand, a state official said.
Eight people have been killed and seven injured when their vehicle fell into a deep gorge in Kalsi area of the district, police said on Sunday.
In Uttarakhand, almost all major rivers are flowing near the danger marks and in view of this, the authorities have asked the people living in low lying areas to move to safer places.
The relief and rescue operation is going on at war footing in the villages of Uttarakhand following heavy rains and cloud burst.
Ten rivers and rivulets were in spate across the state and traffic disrupted on several routes due to landslides.
According to media reports, the Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts of the state were the worst affected.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday expressed grief over the loss of lives caused by cloudburst and heavy rain in Uttarakhand.
On a day, when some 30 people have perished in Uttarakhand in a devastating cloudburst, it is pertinent to list some of the recent calamities that shook the nation.
Expressing profound grief over the loss of lives due heavy rains and cloudbursts in several districts of Uttarakhand, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday assured that several National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams have been rushed aid the state to tackle the calamity.
Twelve persons were killed and 25 others were missing as torrential rains and landslides hit Uttarakhand's Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts in the wee hours today, burying villages in sludge with many residents trapped under the debris.
Families of the victims to receive Rs two lakhs each
The Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rain at isolated places especially in Nainital, Udham Singh Nagar and Champawat districts of Uttarakhand.
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base - Part II
- DNA: Today in History | July 27, 2016
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!
- Protests over 'sacrilegious act' in Jammu, case registered
- US military bases at risk from sea level rise: Study
- Scientists identify anti-Zika antibodies in mice
- Three die in flash floods, house collapse in Jammu
- Una incident: Dalit writer Amrutlal Makwana returns award
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report