The Uttarakhand government on Wednesday sought a one-time assistance of Rs 500 crore from the Centre for the Ardha Kumbh mela that is scheduled to begin in January next.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat said that he had mentioned that there is a law to protect cows and those who made this law stressed on protection.
Law will deal sternly with those who kill cows in Uttarakhand and the state government will do everything for cow conservation, the CM said.
Proceedings of the Uttarakhand Assembly were adjourned early Tuesday with Opposition BJP insisting on a debate on allocation of capital status to Gairsain.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided three places and arrested 24 people for online gambling.
Local residents and even security personnel are using Nepalese SIM cards in border areas as no state-owned or private telecom company from India is providing services there, raising security issues.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat said his government is planning to develop the areas adjoining Kedarnath as a "paradise of tourism".
At a time when India is battling high level of pollution, the residents of Haridwar will now have an eco-friendly alternative to perform the last rites of the deceased.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat today said the government would seek suggestions from public over the draft of Land Consolidation Bill before sending it to the Assembly.
Five members of a family were killed when their car fell into a deep gorge on Mussoorie-Dhanolti road, police said on Wednesday.
Mild tremors were felt in parts of Uttarakhand on Tuesday afternoon.
Enthused by the success of ongoing Char Dham Yatra, which is being held for the third consecutive season since the 2013 disaster, the state government has decided to organise programmes on November 24 to celebrate 'Safe Uttarakhand' to attract more pilgrims to the state.
Ramdev's Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth campus may soon get permanent security cover of paramilitary CISF, a facility extended to only a handful of private entities such as Infosys till now.
Peeved at Chief Minister Harish Rawat's alleged refusal to meet the wife and son of a jailed BJP MLA and booking them on charges of breach of peace, BJP in Uttarakhand on Monday said all its MLAs will stage a demonstration outside CM's residence on October 5 and protest against the state government's "growing arrogance and disregard for democratic norms."
Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Saturday condemned the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raids at the premises of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on the day of his daughter's marriage, saying they were carried out at the behest of the Centre.
The National Green Tribunal, which had earlier directed complete ban on plastic in Haridwar and surrounding areas, has again taken Uttarakhand government to task for proliferation of unauthorised industries and hotels operating there.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri who passed away at his ashram here late on Wednesday night will be ceremonially buried inside the ashram premises on Friday.
Three youths were today killed and as many injured when the car they were travelling in caught fire after falling into a gorge near Doiwala area here, police said.
Uttarakhand government today said that it will develop 13 Yoga and herbal villages in the state.
Health condition of spiritual guru Swami Dayanand Giri, a close associate of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who has been indisposed for some time, has improved, and he will be discharged from hospital soon.
ttarakhand Forest Minister Dinesh Agarwal's helicopter on Sunday made an emergency landing due to inclement weather in Mirzapur area here, police said.
Attacking Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused it of indulging in "negative politics", saying 40 MPs were "conspiring" and "blocking" parliamentary process, thereby holding back India's development march.
On the eve of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Rishikesh on Friday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Thursday wrote to him seeking release of remaining Rs 1200 crore of the package cleared by the Centre for the state to deal with effects of the devastating natural calamity of 2013.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Chandigarh and Uttarakhand on Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday arrive in Rishikesh to meet his guru, who as been indisposed for some time.
In his maiden visit to Uttarakhand after assuming office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Rishikesh on September 11 to meet Swami Dayanand Giri who has been indisposed for some time.
Two professors of IIT Roorkee have been arrested in connection with the collapse of an under- construction bridge in Tehri district which claimed eight lives three years ago.
Local BJP MLA Arvind Pandey, accused of assaulting a government official on duty, today surrendered before the police here.
Uttarakhand is all set to release a postal stamp, in the memory of famous modern Hindi poet Sumitranandan Pant, in December this year.
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami, a Special Forces Commando of the Army who was martyred while battling militants in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, were laid to rest at his ancestral home in Bindukhatta here on Saturday with full military honours.
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Delhi: Cash van driver in who fled with Rs 22.5 crore arrested
- Actor Aamir Khan, family owe Rs 817.95 as land rent
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- DNA: Difference between 1975 emergency in India and 2015 emergency in France
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR
- PoK will remain with Pakistan: Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- DNA: Analysis of Constitution Day Debate in Parliament
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- 3rd Test: Indian spinners end South Africa's unbeaten 9-year overseas run with 124-run win
- Parliament's Winter Session: When Lok Sabha reverberated with PM Modi's 'Idea of India'
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- 'Get out!' Haryana Sports Minister Anil Vij tells woman IPS officer, she stays put
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju