Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Sunday said that he has ordered an inquiry into the flood relief scam, adding that strict action would be initiated against those responsible.
Under pressure from 'Save Ganga' activists, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Saturday issued directives to Haridwar district administration asking it to stop all mining activities on the river bed.
Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal on Saturday blamed the Harish Rawat government in the state for the flood scam and demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry into the matter.
With the state Information Commission finding irregularities in disbursal of funds meant for relief operations in Uttarakhand post the 2013 floods, Opposition BJP on Saturday demanded resignation by state government and sought a CBI probe into the alleged "loot" of aid money.
Three Gorkha Rifles jawans were injured when a grenade in their truck went off in the high security Garhi Cantonment area here this afternoon.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Saturday ordered an inquiry into alleged inflated and forged bills submitted by state government officials during the relief works of 2013 floods.
A student of IIT, Roorkee, drowned in the Ganga river near Shivpuri in Rishikesh when he went to the riverside for a bath along with a group of friends, police said here on Saturday.
Drawing attention to the limited resources at the disposal of?Himalayan states, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Friday requested Union Minister Sushma Swaraj to take up with the Centre the issue of maintaining the state's special category status which helped it get generous help from the Centre in the past.
When lakhs of people in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand went hungry during the 2013 disaster, officials of the state government savoured mutton chops, chicken, milk and cottage cheese in the course of their Rs 7000 per day hotel stay supervising relief efforts.
There is good news regarding Hemkund yatra. With a four kilometre road from base camp Govind Ghat to Pulna being operational, the administration is giving permission to locals to operate taxis.
A local court in Haridwar on Thursday rejected the bail plea of yoga guru Baba Ramdev's brother Ram Bharat and sent him to 14 days judicial custody in connection with a clash between Patanjali Food and Herbal Park's staff and members of a transport union, which had led to the death of one person.
One person was shot dead and four others were injured on Thursday when a clash broke out between security guards on duty at Ramdev's Patanjali Food and Herbal Park in Padartha area and members of a truck union, police said.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Wednesday refuted allegations by some BJP leaders that ambitious centrally sponsored schemes related to Ganga were not progressing at the desired pace due to non-cooperation of the state government.
Uttarakhand Governor KK Paul will honour students who attained top positions in the High School and Intermediate examinations of Uttarakhand Board on June 6.
With a motor road built between Govindghat and Pulna, the 22-km trek to the Himalayan Sikh shrine of Hemkund Sahib has been reduced by four km.
The Uttarakhand Board of School Education (UBSE) declared the results of the Class 10th and Class 12th board exam 2015 results on Tuesday.
The Uttaranchal board class 10th results 2015 have been declared by the Uttarakhand Board of School Education at 11:30 am on Tuesday.
Uttarakhand Class 12th Result 2015 have been announced by the Uttarakhand Vidhyalayee Shiksha Parishad today.
Uttarakhand Board Class 10 results 2015 were declared on uaresults.nic.in on May 26 (Tuesday).
Uttarakhand Board Class 12 results 2015 were declared on uaresults.nic.in on May 26 (Tuesday).
The Uttaranchal board class 10th results 2015 are likely to be declared by the Uttarakhand Board of School Education at 11 am on Tuesday.
Uttarakhand Class 12th Result 2015 are expected to be announced on Tuesday by the Uttarakhand Vidhyalayee Shiksha Parishad.
The Uttarakhand Vidhyalayee Shiksha Parishad will declare the Uttarakhand Board Results 2015 for Class 12 today on May 26.
The Uttarakhand Board results for Class 10 will be declared today on May 26.
A man who had come to perform the last rites of his father at the convergence of the Mandakini and Alaknanda in Rudraprayag district and his nephew ?were swept away by the strong currents of the two rivers.
Amid rising demands for a cabinet reshuffle by a section of Congress leaders, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Sunday said decision on the same would be taken by the party high command.
Nainital will soon become the first district in Uttarakhand to launch an effective system of solid waste management in rural areas.
Alleging total collapse of law and order in Uttarakhand, Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Ajay Bhatt on Saturday said police has not been able to track down the driver who was responsible for collision with one of the escort vehicles in his convoy.
Senior BJP leader Ajay Bhatt on Friday said that he was ready to head any committee formed to probe the incident in which a woman masquerading as a trainee IAS officer stayed at the Lal Bahadur Shastri Administrative Academy in Mussoorie.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Ranchi: JSEB asks man to pay electricity bill of Rs 55 crore
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Zee Media conducts reality check of public places smoking ban
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- Heatwave: Things you must know
- Caught on camera: Jharkhand health minister slaps RJD leader in public
- ISIS rapists pour boiling water on teenage victim's leg for refusing sex
- PM Modi told China, Pakistan economic corridor unacceptable: Sushma Swaraj
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- Why Karan Johar signed Varun Dhawan instead of Salman Khan for ‘Shhuddhi’
- Narendra Modi to become first Indian PM to visit Israel