To protest against China's alleged support to Pakistan, the Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Bengal unit has initiated a campaign against the use of Chinese products in the upcoming Diwali festival.
West Bengal News
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday handed over physical possession of land to a section of the cultivators of this rural belt.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday extended her good wishes for health and fast recovery to Abhishek Banerjee, Trinamool Congress MP and nephew of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who met with an accident yesterday.
Bharatiya Janata Party MP Babul Supriyo was injured in a stone-pelting incident by Trinamool Congress workers in West Bengal's Asansol district.
Trinamool Congress MP and the party's youth wing president Abhishek Banerjee's health condition improved on Wednesday, a day after he met with an accident on NH-2 near Singur, while returning to Kolkata from Murshidabad.
Abhishek Banerjee was being administered oxygen and saline and would be kept under observation for four days.
Trinamool Congress MP Abhishek Banerjee met with an accident on Tuesday.
Arjun Singh is a TMC MLA from Bhatpara in North 24 Parganas district.
Brother-in-law of Mita Mondal was on Monday night arrested in connection with her unnatural death, taking the number of total arrests to three in the case after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee ordered a CID probe into the death of the Jadavpur University student.
This process would be completed in 20-22 days, Mamata said.
The Election Commission on Monday announced schedule of bypolls to four Lok Sabha and eight Assembly seats to be held on November 19.
Toy train services in the Darjeeling hills were suspended due to landslides caused by heavy rainfall, a railways official said on Friday.
The West Bengal government is set to provide physical possession of land to Singur farmers before October 21, senior state Minister Partha Chattopadhyay said on Thursday.
Heavy rain in the Darjeeling hills caused landslides, damaging a stretch of the National Highway-10 connecting West Bengal with Sikkim, an official said on Thursday.
Incessant rains in Darjeeling hills have caused landslides in Darjeeling and Mirik, damaging vast stretches of National Highway 10 leading to Sikkim.
Troops of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) on Sunday recovered synthetic drugs worth Rs six crore in the international market on the Indo-Nepal border in West Bengal.
After a scintillating start, the Durga Puja spirit soared on Saturday which marked Maha Saptami -- day two of the Puja -- as thousands of revellers decked up in their best hit the streets of the metropolis and other places across West Bengal.
The President would spend four days in his ancestral house at Mirati and at Kirnahar on the occasion.
Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh, an accused in the multi-crore rupee Saradha chit fund scam, was given interim bail on Wednesday by the Calcutta High Court.
Actor-turned-BJP leader Roopa Ganguly was on Tuesday nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
A major blaze gutted one of the oldest single-screen movie theatres here, the Jyoti Cinema, on Sunday, a fire department official said.
The victim, Suzette Jordan, passed away in March 2015.
Mahalaya is being observed today, which is a day of chanting the Chandi Paath to mark the advent of Durga puja in a week`s time. From the wee hours of the morning, people all over West Bengal are thronging at holy rivers, as Male members of the family are offering holy waters to the spirits of their ancestors.
State minister Partha Chatterjee said they were never against industries, but against having industries on a multi-crop land.
Demanding a "congenial atmosphere" at the Calcutta University, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) led a protest march here on Wednesday.
The arrested head of West Bengal unit of Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB), Anwar Hussain Farooq, used to look after the finances of the outfit, police said on Tuesday.
Taking a tough stance against Wednesday's shutdown called by the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) in Darjeeling, West Bengal's Mamata Banerjee government on Tuesday warned its employees of stern action if they fail to turn up.
The West Bengal government will take up with the central government the problem of erosion caused by the Ganga and Padma rivers, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Tuesday.
Six tourists, including two women, have been arrested for allegedly beating up police personnel in West Bengal's coastal resort Mandarmani, police said on Tuesday.
For the past three years, a Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja.
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- Why politics are provoking riots in JNU?
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- DNA: Today in History | October 21, 2016
- Circular issued to ban use of Mobile phones in Parliament
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Sixteen-year-old West Bengal boy found with female sexual organs
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Debit Card fraud: Follow these 15 tips and keep your ATM transactions safe
- China confirms deal for eight attack submarines with Pakistan; may be deployed in Arabian Sea
- Reliance Jio Welcome offer not valid till December 31 –It expires early
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday