The regional weather Office on Wednesday said that rain and thundershowers would bring relief to the state in the next few days as the state capital reeled under sultry conditions at 36 degrees Celsius and a humidity percentage of 85.
West Bengal News
In a freak accident a 58-year-old man was killed after being accidentally hit by a cricket bat in West Bengal's East Midnapore district, police said on Wednesday.
In a major initiative to empower the community, the West Bengal government has appointed a transgender educationist as a college principal in the state, a first for India.
The West Bengal Cabinet on Tuesday decided to include six more communities in the Backward Classes category, increasing the number from 160 to 166.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said that negative talk and criticism by a section of opposition parties were taking the state backwards.
Reacting sharply to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh's statement that the Teesta river water sharing deal with Bangladesh would be finalised soon, West Bengal's ruling Trinamool Congress on Tuesday said that his remarks made without consulting the state government were uncalled for.
Opposition Left Front on Tuesday criticised the ruling Trinamool Congress for allegedly not allowing the police to work independently in the state, as "witnessed" in a spate of recent incidents.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday criticised the law and order situation in West Bengal, saying it needed to improve and reports of crude bombs being made in the state was a matter of 'serious concern'.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday alleged that Central Bureau of Investigation takes up cases which "suits it politically" and does not show interest in others.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday blamed the traffic police constable on duty for seizing the license of the city mayor's niece unnecessarily, saying she was only a little girl.
Opposition Left Front members walked out of the Assembly on Tuesday after Speaker Biman Banerjee refused to admit an adjournment motion brought by Leader of Opposition and CPI-M member Surya Kanta Mishra on attack on police in the state.
Attacking the Opposition parties, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said that the Congress, BJP and CPI(M) have come together as rainbow partners "as a result of their frustration."
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday termed as "unfortunate" the killing of a RPF constable by hawkers at Malda and said this was a result of Centre's interference in law and order situation in the state.
Six persons were killed and 14 others injured on Tuesday when a Howrah-bound bus from Digha turned turtle at Nimtouri near here in East Midnapore district.
A Railway Protection Force constable was killed and three more were injured when angry hawkers allegedly attacked the RPF office in Malda station premises on Monday after one of them was barred from doing business.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday alleged "too much interference" from the central government in affairs of the state and held such developments were "unacceptable" in a federal structure.
A city court on Monday rejected the bail prayer of West Bengal Transport Minister Madan Mitra who was arrested by CBI on the charge of complicity in the multi-crore rupee Saradha chit fund scam.
Amid speculations of Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy joining Congress, senior Congress leader Rajiv Shukla said the doors of the party are open for everybody and they will look into organisational skills while inducting someone into its fold.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday slammed the Centre for "too much interference" in the federal structure and said it was unacceptable.
BJP on Monday termed as "comprehensive one" the land bill brought by the party-led NDA government and said Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's understanding on the issue was "faulty".
The West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training (wbscvet.org) has announced the WB Higher Secondary Class 12 Vocational Results 2015 at 4 PM today.
West Bengal planning minister Rachhpal Singh on Monday courted controversy after one of his security guards was caught on tape while tying his shoelaces at the state secretariat, Nabanna.
Eastern Railways will observe a 'Passenger and Customer Facilitation Fortnight' from tomorrow to ensure better services to regular commuters and long distance train passengers.
The West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training (wbscvet.org) is going to announce the WB Higher Secondary Class 12 Vocational Results 2015 at 4 PM today.
West Bengal Agriculture Minister Purnendu Bose Monday said the state government has started the process of providing relief to farmers affected due to crop losses.
Subhas Chandra Bose's grandnephew said on Sunday that there seemed to be a disconnect with RTI replies that they were getting from bureaucracy from PMO’s office and the Ministry of External Affairs.
Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday said the party wants to bring in new faces to rejuvenate it in West Bengal, where it put up a pathetic show in the recent civic polls to 92 municipal bodies, including Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were "two sides of a coin" as they were both "dictatorial", Congress on Sunday said attacking the ruling parties at the Centre and the state and claimed that they have reached a tacit understanding.
A Trinamool Congress booth committee leader was injured and his wife killed in a bomb explosion at their house in West Bengal's Birbhum district in the wee hours of Sunday.
Hot and humid conditions hit life across West Bengal on Saturday with several places recording over 40 degrees Celsius and reports of a person dead due to the rough weather.
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?