A 40-year-old homemaker and a mother of three has become the first Indian woman who owns a golden Lamborghini Huracan.
West Bengal News
A woman in her 20s was sexually assaulted early on Monday allegedly by four youths in a moving car in Kolkata’s posh township Salt Lake.
Newly elected Left Front legislature party leader in West Bengal Sujan Chakraborty on Tuesday met Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and urged her to take urgent steps to stop post-poll violence in the state.
Kolkata Police on Tuesday detained three cab drivers for allegedly raping a 24-year-old woman in a moving car in the city's posh satellite town Salt Lake's sector-V.
The Congress and the Left Front had fought the assembly polls together, but finished a poor second. The Left Front, spearheaded by the CPI-M, got only 32 seats.
The culprits forced the woman, staying at Baguiati in northeast Kolkata, into the vehicle in the Sector V area of Salt Lake and sexually assaulted her.
Surajit Kar Purkayastha was on Monday appointed new Director General of West Bengal Police, an official release said.
BJP's West Bengal chief Dilip Ghosh on Friday stoked controversy when he allegedly threatened to disconnect the water and electricity supply of TMC supporters and lynch them.
Nine persons, including six children, were injured when unidentified persons hurled a bomb at a victory rally of Trinamool Congress at Kipalpur in North 24 Parganas district today.
After coming to power for the second time, the Mamata Banerjee led government on Friday announced a grant of interim relief to state government employees amounting to 10 percent of their band pay.
Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee was on Friday sworn in for a second consecutive term as West Bengal CM.
Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee, who has virtually single-handedly steered her party to a resounding victory in West Bengal, has shored up her stature as a regional satrap but faces numerous challenges on the development front in her second stint as chief minister.
Trinamool Congress (TMC) Chief Mamata Banerjee was on Friday sworn-in as Chief Minister of West Bengal for a second term in the presence of a galaxy of political heavyweights including Bhutan Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay. Kolkata Mayor Shovan Chatterjee, former Indian cricketer Laxmi Ratan Shukla and singer Indranil Sen are among the 17 new faces in the 42-member ministry.
Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee has awarded ministerial berths to four of her party colleagues who were allegedly caught in the purported Narada sting operation.
Kolkata Mayor Sovan Chatterjee, former Indian cricketer Laxmi Ratan Shukla and noted singer Indranil Sen will be among 18 new faces to be sworn in as ministers as Mamata Banerjee takes oath again as West Bengal Chief Minister on Friday.
Both the Congress and the Left Front, which fought the Assembly poll together, have decided against participating in the ceremony.
CPI-M leader Sushanta Ghosh, who is being tried in connection with the skeleton recovery case, was on Thursday slapped in a local court here by a man who claimed that one of the skeletons dug out from near his (Ghosh's) ancestral home in Benachapra village was of his son.
Trinamool Congress' MLA from Taldangra Samir Chakraborty is the richest among all 294 members of the House.
Lambasting the Trinamool Congress for "unleashing terror to eliminate the opposition", the Left Front and the Congress on Wednesday collectively called for a massive people's movement to 're-establish democracy' in West Bengal.
Taking a jibe at the Congress, the BJP said on Wednesday that submission of signed declarations of loyalty on stamp papers by the opposition party's legislators in West Bengal was a sign of "slavery".
The CSE on Monday released a report which said that Indian bread manufacturers use potassium bromate and potassium iodate for treating flour while making bread.
The MLAs were also made to give an undertaking that they would not “get involved in any anti-party activity”.
The CBI on Tuesday conducted raids at five premises of Visva Bharati University in Santiniketan of West Bengal's Birbhum district in connection with alleged irregularities committed by its sacked vice chancellor Sushanta Dattagupta.
Sushanta Dattagupta was sacked in February this year over financial and administrative irregularities.
Angry over alleged attacks on their activists by the ruling Trinamool Congress after the assembly polls, West Bengal`s opposition Left Front, Congress and the BJP on Monday threatened to boycott the swearing-in ceremony of the Mamata Banerjee government, scheduled for May 27.
AWest Bengal's Left Front has decided to hit the streets against widespread post-poll violence in the state allegedly perpetrated by the ruling Trinamool Congress.
The BJP state president said he would request the central government not to send anybody to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Mamata Banerjee.
On Sunday, actor-turned BJP leader Rupa Ganguly was heckled and her convoy was attacked.
Ganguly's convoy was reportedly attacked in the Diamond Harbour area near Kolkata.
Among others on the guest list are Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, his Delhi counterpart Arvind Kejriwal and Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav.
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part V
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part VI
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part VII
- Why are people in UP subjected to boorish behaviour by police to lodge an FIR?
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!
- Australian man killed fighting against Islamic State terrorists in Syria
- Here’s how you can get picture-perfect smile – Check out quick tips
- Tamil Nadu fishermen venture into sea as 45-day fishing ban ends
- IPL 2016 final: Sachin Baby starts crying at non-striker's end with RCB needing 13 off last ball
- Skincare tips for men to get rid of pimples
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport