The West Bengal State Election Commission announced repolling in 11 booths - 9 in Bidhannagar and two in Asansol civic bodies - will be held on Friday with the results of the October 3 municipal elections being declared Saturday.
West Bengal News
Four persons were killed and 13 others injured in a road mishap in WB.
Sushma Swaraj inaugurated the 'Suriname Memorial' to honour thousands of Indian workers who were forced to migrate to South American country.
West Bengal Governor KN Tripathi confirmed on Tuesday that state Election Commissioner SR Upadhyay has tendered his resignation.
The Trinamool Congress on Monday demanded that the State Election Commission reverse its decision to postpone counting of votes at Bidhannagar and Asansol municipal corporations and threatened to launch a movement if it was not taken up on October 7 as scheduled.
Vice Chancellor of Kalyani University Ratanlal Hangloo sent his resignation to Chancellor and Governor KN Triptahy for the second time on Monday after his first attempt was turned down even as varsity authorities decided to revoke the fee hike decision.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday left for five-day visit to Bhutan, where she will hold talks with the leadership and attend a business conclave.
Mamata Banerjee will hold talks with the leadership and attend a business conclave
Amid mounting protests over allegations of violence and rampant malpractices during the local body polls, the West Bengal State Election Commission on Sunday decided to postpone the vote count indefinitely in three civic bodies.
The West Bengal State Election Commission on Sunday postponed counting of votes in the election to Bidhannagar and Asansol municipal corporations following allegations of large-scale violence, even as opposition parties demanded fresh elections.
The Trinamool Congress on Sunday "blamed" the CPI(M) for violence during yesterday's election to Bidhannagar and Asansol municipalities in West Bengal in a counter to the opposition parties' demand for re-election to the two civic bodies alleging loot of votes by the ruling party.
Tarikul Islam, the Bangladeshi terrorist arrested in connection with Burdhwan blast, is believed to have acquired Aadhaar card and Voter Card to project himself as an Indian citizenship and avoid being arrested by the NIA, official sources said here on Sunday.
Local body polls in four pockets of West Bengal on Saturday saw a turnout of about 70 percent, but were marred by violence, allegations of booth capturing and assault on media persons that left 15 of them bloodied and injured.
Polling for Asansol and Bidhan Nagar Municipal Corporations began Saturday morning by and large on a peaceful note barring one stray incident of bomb throwing in Asansol's Jamuria area.
Transgender women here have come together this year to organise a special Durga puja in an "attempt to re-claim social space" in the face of "ostracism".
Many political leaders and workers as well as policemen were injured as a protest programme organised by the Left Front sparked violence leading to pitched battles between the cadres and the security personnel in the heart of the West Bengal capital on Thursday.
CBI on Thursday carried out searches in 19 locations in West Bengal and Odisha in connection with multi-core chit fund scam.
Vice Chancellor of Kalyani University Ratanlal Hangloo on Thursday sent his resignation to Governor KN Tripathi after students protesting against fee hike kept him under a night-long gherao, but his offer to quit was not accepted.
The ruling Trinamool Congress and its arch rival Left Front are once again pitted against each other in next Saturday's election to two municipalities, which is deemed as the last great fight before next year's Assembly Election.
Visva-Bharati Vice Chancellor Sushanta Dattagupta, who was held guilty of administrative irregularities by the HRD Ministry resigned on Thursday.
Claiming constitutional positions "are at stake", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday blasted the Modi government for CBI raids at the residence of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and wondered what would happen if a CM orders raids at the house of Prime Minister.
A six-member technical team of urban planning experts from the UK are in the city to help develop New Town as a smart city.
Scenes from earthquake-ravaged Nepal and India`s timely help to the neighbouring Himalayan nation will be depicted in clay at a Durga puja pandal here, and would impress upon visitors the importance of humanity, the organisers said.
West Bengal has submitted the application for a (Geographical Indication) GI tag for the rosogolla to stake claim on the sugary delicacy and beat Odisha, a minister said.
ED has registered a case to probe alleged hawala operations behind the over Rs 45 crore cash which was seized in Kolkata as part of a crackdown against lottery operatives channelling illegal funds for the Dawood Ibrahim gang.
The Left Front Tuesday alleged that the ruling Trinamool Congress was deliberately trying to create a "lawless situation" in West Bengal before the polls to municipal corporations of Bidhanagar and Asansol.
The Calcutta High Court has directed West Bengal government to produce documents relating to the Justice (retd) Shyamal Sen Commission that was set up by it to probe the Saradha chit fund scam and to repay investors.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday claimed credit for the initiative to provide Wi-Fi facilities at railway stations as she hailed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Digital India' campaign.
The West Bengal government on Monday declassified cabinet papers on great freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and allied issues from 1938 to 1947.
In a bid to make education inclusive, the St Xavier`s College here will set aside seats for survivors of trafficking from the 2016 academic session.
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- Asaram adult books distributed in Chattisgarh schools
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- From Rs 12,000 to 50,000: AAP intends to hike Delhi MLAs basic salaries
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- DNA: India and Germany sign 18 MoUs for cooperation
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued
- Dadri lynching: UP govt sends report to Centre; Rajnath Singh appeals for communal harmony
- 3rd T20: Eden wicket will assist batsmen, says Sourav Ganguly
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!
- Indian football team practices ahead of World Cup qualifier
- Jail sting reveals ex-UP minister Amarmani Tripathi's luxurious life in custody
- Rafa Nadal thrown by ex-ball boy, Novak Djokovic catches fire
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- ISL 2015: Resonant Kerala Blasters thrash NorthEast United 3-1
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!