The condition of Trinamool Congress MP and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's nephew Abhishek Banerjee, who underwent a surgery for "orbital floor fracture" sustained in a car accident, is gradually improving
West Bengal News
Cyclone Kyant, formed over Bay of Bengal, will not have a major impact in West Bengal, where light spells of rain are expected from October 27, the Met office here said on Tuesday.
The deep depression in the Bay of Bengal today further intensified into cyclonic storm 'Kyant', the India Meteorological Department today said.
Trinamool Congress MP Abhishek Banerjee, the nephew of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, continues to be under observation at a city nursing home a week after he met with a road accident.
Fire broke out at a building in the congested Motijheel area of Entally in the central part of the city this afternoon, police said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said a conspiracy was being hatched to disrupt harmony in the state and asked people not to tolerate those trying to create differences.
To protest against China's alleged support to Pakistan, the Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Bengal unit has initiated a campaign against the use of Chinese products in the upcoming Diwali festival.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday handed over physical possession of land to a section of the cultivators of this rural belt.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday extended her good wishes for health and fast recovery to Abhishek Banerjee, Trinamool Congress MP and nephew of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who met with an accident yesterday.
Bharatiya Janata Party MP Babul Supriyo was injured in a stone-pelting incident by Trinamool Congress workers in West Bengal's Asansol district.
Trinamool Congress MP and the party's youth wing president Abhishek Banerjee's health condition improved on Wednesday, a day after he met with an accident on NH-2 near Singur, while returning to Kolkata from Murshidabad.
Abhishek Banerjee was being administered oxygen and saline and would be kept under observation for four days.
Trinamool Congress MP Abhishek Banerjee met with an accident on Tuesday.
Arjun Singh is a TMC MLA from Bhatpara in North 24 Parganas district.
Brother-in-law of Mita Mondal was on Monday night arrested in connection with her unnatural death, taking the number of total arrests to three in the case after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee ordered a CID probe into the death of the Jadavpur University student.
This process would be completed in 20-22 days, Mamata said.
The Election Commission on Monday announced schedule of bypolls to four Lok Sabha and eight Assembly seats to be held on November 19.
Toy train services in the Darjeeling hills were suspended due to landslides caused by heavy rainfall, a railways official said on Friday.
The West Bengal government is set to provide physical possession of land to Singur farmers before October 21, senior state Minister Partha Chattopadhyay said on Thursday.
Heavy rain in the Darjeeling hills caused landslides, damaging a stretch of the National Highway-10 connecting West Bengal with Sikkim, an official said on Thursday.
Incessant rains in Darjeeling hills have caused landslides in Darjeeling and Mirik, damaging vast stretches of National Highway 10 leading to Sikkim.
Troops of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) on Sunday recovered synthetic drugs worth Rs six crore in the international market on the Indo-Nepal border in West Bengal.
After a scintillating start, the Durga Puja spirit soared on Saturday which marked Maha Saptami -- day two of the Puja -- as thousands of revellers decked up in their best hit the streets of the metropolis and other places across West Bengal.
The President would spend four days in his ancestral house at Mirati and at Kirnahar on the occasion.
Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh, an accused in the multi-crore rupee Saradha chit fund scam, was given interim bail on Wednesday by the Calcutta High Court.
Actor-turned-BJP leader Roopa Ganguly was on Tuesday nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
A major blaze gutted one of the oldest single-screen movie theatres here, the Jyoti Cinema, on Sunday, a fire department official said.
The victim, Suzette Jordan, passed away in March 2015.
Mahalaya is being observed today, which is a day of chanting the Chandi Paath to mark the advent of Durga puja in a week`s time. From the wee hours of the morning, people all over West Bengal are thronging at holy rivers, as Male members of the family are offering holy waters to the spirits of their ancestors.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- India has sufficient material, technical capacity to produce 492 nuclear bombs, claims research by Pakistani think-tank
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- Misbah-ul-Haq sends England wicket-keeper and slip fielder wrong way with fake shot – Watch