It is expected that Mamata will speak on the raging issue of intolerance during her address at the rally.
West Bengal News
The bank auhthorities were not available for comment.
The three injured personnel were taken to hospital with blood oozing out and were now stable, the officer said, adding the bikers escaped in the ensuing confusion.
Kolkata-based realtor Siddha Group on Monday said it was developing the world's longest skywalk.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has invited her Bihar and Delhi counterparts Nitish Kumar and Arvind Kejriwal to the Bengal Global Business Summit here on January 7 next year.
The death last Wednesday of an engineering student at National Institute of Technology (NIT) at Durgapur, allegedly due to negligence and ineptitude of the institute, has led to major student unrest which evoked intervention by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Three days after a 16-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped and killed in West Bengal's South 24-Parganas district, police formally pressed charges of rape.
Sumita Paul, a middle aged woman, was pillion riding on her son Arghya's motorbike on the way from her Burdwan town home to a temple in Guskara when the two-wheeler hit a hump and she fell down at a place near Oregram.
The attack, in which Dome sustained injuries on his hands, came a day after CPI-M state secretary Surjya Kanta Mishra was heckled by people.
Saradha chit fund scam accused Madan Mitra surrendered and was remanded to 14-days judicial custody.
TMC said that West Bengal Chief Minister's attendance at the oath-taking ceremony of Nitish Kumar would be as a mark of "protest against authoritarian attitude of the Centre".
Opposition parties in West Bengal on Thursday hailed the cancellation of the bail to Trinamool Congress leader Madan Mitra.
In pursuance of the India-Bangladesh Land Boundary Agreement, the first batch of 19 families from the erstwhile Indian enclaves in Bangladesh, who had opted to stay in India, on Thursday entered West Bengal's Cooch Behar district.
On a day when the Calcutta High Court cancelled his bail and ordered him to surrender, Trinamool Congress lawmaker and Saradha scam accused Madan Mitra on Thursday asserted that a court always metes out justice.
Calcutta High Court on Thursday cancelled the bail of Trinamool Congress leader and former minister Madan Mitra, accused in the multi-crore rupees Saradha chit fund scam, and asked him to surrender.
A forty-year-old man died on Tuesday after he was allegedly pushed off from a local train by a lady RPF constable in between Uttarpara and Hind Motor stations in the district, triggering massive protests and rail blockades along the Howrah-Bandel main line section.
To push its solar programme forward, the West Bengal government will install a 110-foot-high solar dome here for catching maximum daylight, a minister said on Tuesday.
The Calcutta High Court on Tuesday adjourned till tomorrow hearing on the CBI petition for cancellation of state Transport Minister Madan Mitra's bail plea.
The catastrophic defeat of the BJP in the Bihar Assembly poll might have resulted in the cancellation of party president Amit Shah's much-touted rally, but the party's state leadership asserted that the drubbing would only have a 'temporary' impact.
Apparently, Zafar Khan is the brother of Akhtar Khan, who was last week arrested by the police on similar charges.
Former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday flagged off a jatha (march) by 113 Left organisations across the state with an eye to intensifying mass contact ahead of next year's assembly polls.
Asked whether the arrested person is a Pakitan citizen or is from the city, the STF officer said, "He can be a Pakistani but it's still under investigation... We are going through his documents."
Condemning the terror attacks in Paris and Beirut, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday described terrorism as the world's biggest enemy.
A sub-inspector of police in Cooch Behar district was killed and another injured tonight in a clash with gamblers, police officials said.
Kali Puja was celebrated in West Bengal with pomp and religious fervour amid tight security on Tuesday, a day ahead of Deepavali.
Amid chanting of hymns and a plethora of glimmering fireworks, West Bengal celebrated Kali Puja on Tuesday with pomp and religious fervour.
TMC leader Sultan Ahmed said that Bihar verdict has shown that "politics of hatred, intolerance and polarisation" will no longer bear results in Indian politics.
The health condition of Kunal Ghosh, suspended Trinamool Congress MP who is an accused in Saradha chit fund scam, deteriorated on Friday night on the 29th day of his hunger strike following which he was admitted to the jail hospital.
WB cabinet minister Madan Mitra is an accused in the multi-crore rupee Saradha chit fund scam case.
Expressing concern over the growing intolerance in the society, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said her government was not in favor of division of masses but unity of the people.
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Intolerance row: Police complaint against Aamir Khan; protests soar outside residence
- Don't paint India as an intolerant nation: An open letter to all intellectuals
- Aamir Khan, please ignite ‘sarfaroshi ki shama’
- Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao wanted to move out of India: What are their options