A 21-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped in her house in the presence of her three-year old son in West Bengal's North 24 Parganas district.
West Bengal News
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday said West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's decision to accompany Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his visit to Bangladesh on June 6 and 7, was indicative of the fact that national interest is always above state politics.
West Bengal Chief Minister on Friday remembered Tenzing Norgay, one of the first two persons to set foot on the summit of Mount Everest, on his birthday.
The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) will declare the West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 shortly on wbchse.nic.in and wbresults.nic.in
30 AM by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE).
Two groups clashed in the Park Street police station area of the city tonight with shots fired causing injury to one.
The CID, probing the hate speeches of Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul, submitted a chargesheet in a West Bengal court on Thursday indicting him of several sections including outraging the modesty of women.
Former union minister and senior Trinamool Congress leader Sultah Ahmed on Thursday accused the BJP of monitoring the party's finances.
The CID has submitted a charge sheet in the case relating to Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal's hate speech last year threatening CPI-M workers and their family members, a highly-placed CID official on Thursday said.
The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) will be declaring the West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 on May 29.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will pay one-day visit to West Bengal on June 6 in a bid to rejuvenate his party in the state during which he is scheduled to undertake a padayatra and address party workers.
Denying to comment on ongoing speculations about his joining TMC, Congress MLA Rabindranath Chatterjee on Thursday said he will make public whenever he takes a decision on it.
The CBI, probing the multi-crore-rupee Saradha scam, has sent notice to a bank seeking account details of the Trinamool Congress maintained by it.
CBI, probing the multi-crore rupees Saradha scam, has sent notice to a city-based branch of Allahabad Bank seeking details of nearly 21 accounts of Trinamool Congress maintained with it.
The Opposition Left Front Thursday created ruckus in the West Bengal Assembly demanding tabling of an anti-chit fund bill in the House.
Hawkers burnt an effigy of Union Minister Babul Supriyo and set fire to a party office here on Wednesday protesting against authorities disallowing them from plying their business at Asansol railway station.
The regional weather Office on Wednesday said that rain and thundershowers would bring relief to the state in the next few days as the state capital reeled under sultry conditions at 36 degrees Celsius and a humidity percentage of 85.
In a freak accident a 58-year-old man was killed after being accidentally hit by a cricket bat in West Bengal's East Midnapore district, police said on Wednesday.
In a major initiative to empower the community, the West Bengal government has appointed a transgender educationist as a college principal in the state -- a first for India.
The West Bengal Cabinet on Tuesday decided to include six more communities in the Backward Classes category, increasing the number from 160 to 166.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said that negative talk and criticism by a section of opposition parties were taking the state backwards.
Reacting sharply to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh's statement that the Teesta river water sharing deal with Bangladesh would be finalised soon, West Bengal's ruling Trinamool Congress on Tuesday said that his remarks made without consulting the state government were uncalled for.
Opposition Left Front on Tuesday criticised the ruling Trinamool Congress for allegedly not allowing the police to work independently in the state, as "witnessed" in a spate of recent incidents.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday criticised the law and order situation in West Bengal, saying it needed to improve and reports of crude bombs being made in the state was a matter of 'serious concern'.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday alleged that Central Bureau of Investigation takes up cases which "suits it politically" and does not show interest in others.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday blamed the traffic police constable on duty for seizing the license of the city mayor's niece unnecessarily, saying she was only a little girl.
Opposition Left Front members walked out of the Assembly on Tuesday after Speaker Biman Banerjee refused to admit an adjournment motion brought by Leader of Opposition and CPI-M member Surya Kanta Mishra on attack on police in the state.
Attacking the Opposition parties, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said that the Congress, BJP and CPI(M) have come together as rainbow partners "as a result of their frustration."
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in