Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) President Bimal Gurung on Saturday said he and several others named in the CBI charge sheet in connection with the murder of All India Gorkha League leader Madan Tamang were innocent.
West Bengal News
To boost organic farming in West Bengal, the state government will soon start work on developing 32 organic villages, Agriculture Minister Purnendu Bose said here on Saturday.
In an apparent bid to counter Opposition allegations of a tacit understanding with the BJP, the Trinamool Congress has decided to hit the streets from June 20 to highlight the communal politics of the Bharatiya Janata Party government.
Refusing to comment on the speculation over TMC leader Mukul Roy's joining the Congress, party's state unit President Adhir Chowdhury on Thursday said the high command would take a decision on the matter at an appropriate time.
A CISF jawan deployed at a thermal power station here on Saturday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service weapon.
CBI on Friday filed a charge sheet against Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) president Bimal Gurung, his wife Asha, party MLA Harkabahadur Chettri and several others levelling charges of murder and criminal conspiracy for the killing of All India Gorkha League leader Madan Tamang.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday called for improving ties with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
The 101st birthday of Tenzing Norgay, who along with Edmund Hillary reached the summit of the Mount Everest first in the world, was celebrated here on Friday.
Bhutan's Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay has invited West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to visit his country, according to Consul-General of Bhutan in Kolkata Dashi Karma Tsering Namgyal.
Veteran Congress leader and sitting legislator Rabindranath Chattopadhyay joined the West Bengal`s ruling Trinamool Congress on Friday.
A boarding school run by monks where students have no access to mobile phones and TV sets has created a record of sorts in the West Bengal Higher Secondary examinations with 19 students coming in the top 10 list.
A 21-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped in her house in the presence of her three-year old son in West Bengal's North 24 Parganas district.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday said West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's decision to accompany Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his visit to Bangladesh on June 6 and 7, was indicative of the fact that national interest is always above state politics.
West Bengal Chief Minister on Friday remembered Tenzing Norgay, one of the first two persons to set foot on the summit of Mount Everest, on his birthday.
The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) will declare the West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 shortly on wbchse.nic.in and wbresults.nic.in
30 AM by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE).
Two groups clashed in the Park Street police station area of the city tonight with shots fired causing injury to one.
The CID, probing the hate speeches of Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul, submitted a chargesheet in a West Bengal court on Thursday indicting him of several sections including outraging the modesty of women.
Former union minister and senior Trinamool Congress leader Sultah Ahmed on Thursday accused the BJP of monitoring the party's finances.
The CID has submitted a charge sheet in the case relating to Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal's hate speech last year threatening CPI-M workers and their family members, a highly-placed CID official on Thursday said.
The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) will be declaring the West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 on May 29.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will pay one-day visit to West Bengal on June 6 in a bid to rejuvenate his party in the state during which he is scheduled to undertake a padayatra and address party workers.
Denying to comment on ongoing speculations about his joining TMC, Congress MLA Rabindranath Chatterjee on Thursday said he will make public whenever he takes a decision on it.
The CBI, probing the multi-crore-rupee Saradha scam, has sent notice to a bank seeking account details of the Trinamool Congress maintained by it.
CBI, probing the multi-crore rupees Saradha scam, has sent notice to a city-based branch of Allahabad Bank seeking details of nearly 21 accounts of Trinamool Congress maintained with it.
The Opposition Left Front Thursday created ruckus in the West Bengal Assembly demanding tabling of an anti-chit fund bill in the House.
Hawkers burnt an effigy of Union Minister Babul Supriyo and set fire to a party office here on Wednesday protesting against authorities disallowing them from plying their business at Asansol railway station.
The regional weather Office on Wednesday said that rain and thundershowers would bring relief to the state in the next few days as the state capital reeled under sultry conditions at 36 degrees Celsius and a humidity percentage of 85.
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi