Union Minister of State for Agriculture Sanjeev Baliyan on Monday said that there should be an "investigation" into the alleged attempt to conduct dialysis of a dog at the state-run super-speciality SSKM hospital here, which was opposed by the hospital's director.
West Bengal News
An ITI aspirant who had a dog's photo on his admit card was today detained for interrogation by the police as part of the inquiry into how the animal's photo came into his admit card.
Union minister and BJP leader Sanjeev Balyan on Monday demanded a probe into allegations of arrangements being made for a dog to undergo dialysis at West Bengal's government-run SSKM Hospital.
The authorities of the Scottish Church College on Monday revoked their dress code advisory which had asked girl students not to wear above knee-length skirts.
Birbhum district Trinamool Congress president Anubrata Mondal, accused of delivering a hate speech in July last year at Parui, was on Monday granted bail by a local court.
Actor-turned Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal was on Monday granted bail by a Nadia district court in connection with his alleged "shoot and rape" remarks against opposition party supporters and women last year, which had created a nationwide outrage.
Recommending students to come in "unostentatious dress", the city's Scottish Church College has proscribed round-neck t-shirts and short and slit skirts, sparking off condemnation from students and academicians.
Former Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy will float his own political party after Eid, his aide and expelled party leader Dipak Ghosh said on Sunday. The former union minister, however, declined to confirm the development.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday ordered a CID probe into the alleged question paper leak in the Industrial Training Institutes Entrance Examination, which was cancelled for the day and deferred to July 5.
A Congress legislator from West Bengal on Sunday courted controversy after he dubbed the state police as "dogs" and warned them against becoming "touts" of the ruling Trinamool Congress.
Six members of a family were killed and two others injured in an accident in Nadia district when they were returning after cremation of one of their relatives on Sunday, police said.
The entrance test for the Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) in West Bengal, scheduled on Sunday, was cancelled after reports that examination papers were leaked in several districts, a state minister said.
Six members of a suspected international smuggling racket were arrested with an estimated US$15 million of snake venom hidden in school bags close to Bhutan border in eastern India, officials said Sunday.
An ITI aspirant was in for a shock when he found a photo of a dog on his admit card.
The CPI(M) is ready for issue-based cooperation with Congress but ruled out any alliance outside Parliament saying it will have "nothing to do" with a party which still follows neo-liberal policies.
Socialist Unity Centre of India (Communist) party`s student arm, DSO on Saturday staged a protest outside Raj Bhavan against External Affair Minister Sushma Swaraj and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje over the Lalit Modi row.
Landslides near Rambhi, in the outskirts of Siliguri on way to the hills, have disrupted the road traffic between Gangtok and the North Bengal hub.
Stating that people have the final say in a democracy, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said her party Trinamool Congress would win next year's Assembly Election riding on the development work done in the last four years.
Six persons were on Saturday arrested at Belakoba and snake venom worth about Rs 100 crore was seized from them.
Lashing out at the TMC for bringing in an "unofficial Emergency" in West Bengal, the BJP leadership on Friday equated the functioning of Indira Gandhi and her son Sanjay Gandhi with the functioning of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and her nephew Abhishek.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said that her government has to work in cohesion with BJP-led NDA government at the Centre for the sake of governance, though they have ideological differences.
A woman in West Bengal`s Malda district allegedly injured her four-year-old daughter while under the influence of alcohol, police said on Friday but termed "incorrect" and "exaggerated" the reports about her allegedly eating the baby`s flesh.
Sex workers of Sonagachi in the city, considered Asia's largest red light area, will launch an awareness campaign against drug use among customers.
A court here on Thursday yet again denied bail to West Bengal Transport Minister Madan Mitra, who was arrested by the CBI for alleged complicity in the Saradha scam.
Three separate charge sheets were filed on Wednesday in three courts against Trinamool Congress Birbhum district president Anubrata Mondal and former district president of BJP Dudhkumar Mondal for their alleged hate speeches.
A senior Trinamool Congress leader and minister Wednesday came to the defence of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's nephew Abhishek Banerjee, saying he did not made any controversial comment and that whatever he said had been blown out of proportion.
The Bharatiya Janata Party will on Wednesday move the Calcutta High Court, seeking immediate legal action against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's nephew Abhishek Banerjee, who threatened to "gouge out eyes and chop off hands" of his party opponents.
Braving heavy showers, hundreds of people from India and abroad bade a tearful adieu to Mother Teresa's successor Sister Nirmala here on Wednesday, recalling the nun's dedication and courage.
Director of state-owned super speciality SSKM Hospital Pradip Mitra was on Tuesday transferred to a new medical college following which the medical officer sought voluntary retirement terming the transfer as "an insult."
Days after senior CPI(M) leader Gautam Deb said that Left Front does not have enough strength to defeat the ruling Trinamool Congress on its own, party's West Bengal secretary Surjya Kanta Mishra today said the TMC is 'slightly ahead' of the Left in terms of mass support.
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India is agriculturally dominated country, says PM Modi
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Aapke Sitare, June 28: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Politics of polarization: Neglect of Muslims during Ramzan in PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat?-Part 2
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat' 9th edition: As It Happened
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Shah Rukh Khan to work with Karan Johar again?
- Twitter trolls get a dose of Karan Johar's wrath for mocking same-sex marriage in the US
- Disclose FIR and chargesheet of Mahatma Gandhi's assassination: CIC
- MPPEB scam turns murkier, two more accused found dead
- IPL-6 spot fixing case: Delhi court to pass order on framing of charges today