A man in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri has landed up behind bars after his rant against a local political leader on Facebook went viral.
West Bengal News
One of the students of class 5 at the English-medium school in Salt Lake wrote about the behaviour of his father in the essay on "My Family".
A total 16 witnesses comprising four officers of the Air Force, two traffic constables, a traffic sergeant and a few civic police personnel were present.
A West Bengal court on Thursday awarded the death sentence to 11 people charged with murdering a 38-year-old housewife.
A girl has been allegedly molested by a person onboard the Doon Express on Wednesday.
Two persons have been killed by elephants in separate places of Bankura district since last night, forest officials said.
Fonseca had also "confessed" that he had planned to get rid of his wife and had purchased 20 pound dumbbells for the purpose, the officer informed.
Kolkata Police has rejected a request from the Indian Air Force for a joint probe into the sensational hit-and-run case in which an IAF officer was killed, but has requested that the airmen depute one officer to coordinate with the police force.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi during a meeting with partymen from West Bengal on Monday conceded that it was "not a wise decision" to contest so few seats in the 2011 assembly elections in alliance with Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress.
A Trinamool Congress leader, who was arrested for trying to board a Chennai-bound flight at the airport here with an unlicensed revolver and three rounds of cartridges, was on Monday sent to a day's police custody by a court.
The majority of the members of a team from the West Bengal Congress on Monday expressed their willingness for an alliance with the Left Front for the upcoming assembly polls, after meeting party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
Naren Chakraborty, a member of the Durgapur Zilla Parishad and Pandabeshwar Block Trinamool Congress president, had boarded a chopper from Andal airport
Three persons, convicted in the brutal Kamduni gangrape and murder of a 21-year-old college student over two years back, were today sentenced to death by a city court while three others got life imprisonment.
A Kolkata court on Saturday pronounce quantum of punishment to six convicts in 2013 2013 Kamdhuni gang-rape case. Three of the accused were sentenced to death whereas remaining three were awarded life imprisonment.
A Kolkata court is likely to pronounce quantum of punishment to six convicts in Kamduni gang-rape and murder case today.
Union Minister Babul Supriyo, who defied prohibitory orders and attempts by police to stop him from meeting the family of a dead girl at Jamuria, on Thursday said he went there as a minister and not for political reasons.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday alleged that certain political parties were trying to portray the violence in Malda district as communal and termed the incident as a "criminal" one.
The gang-rape and brutal murder of the 21-year-old college girl occurred when she was returning home at Kamduni.
Cold conditions prevailed at most places in Punjab and Haryana today with fog once again showing up in the early hours.
Union minister Smriti Irani on Wednesday accused West Bengal's ruling Trinamool Congress of indulging in vote bank politics over the suicide of Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula in Hyderabad and flayed Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for remaining a "silent spectator" to atrocities on women.
Union HRD minister Smriti Irani on Wednesday alleged that Trinamool Congress leaders visited Hyderabad after the dalit students' death due to vote-bank politics and lashed out at Mamata Banerjee government over Malda violence claiming it was "appeasing" minorities.
Chandra Bose joined the BJP in the presence of Amit Shah in Kolkata.
The security in and around the city as well as in the various districts of West Bengal has been beefed up in view of the Republic Day celebration on Tuesday.
Kolkata Police and Bengal Police on Saturday raided several places in Barasat in search of four persons allegedly belonging to a Bangladesh-based terror group and are tipped to carry out a suicide bomb attacks between January 23-26, police officials said here.
Mocking speculations on an alliance between Congress and CPI(M) in the upcoming Assembly Elections in West Bengal, senior TMC leader Subrata Mukherjee on Saturday said the party is not bothered about it since they are confident of retaining power for another term.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday demanded that Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose be given the title of "Leader of the Nation", and said the country has the right to know the truth about his mysterious disappearance.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release digital copies of 100 files related to Netaji today.
Remembering Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 119th birth anniversary, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday described him a man of extraordinary courage, a patriot and a charismatic leader.
Sambia Sohrab, the main accused in a hit-and-run case, on Friday confessed that he was driving the Audi that killed an IAF officer on January 13 during a Republic Day parade rehearsal here, as per PTI.
West Bengal Congress spokesperson Om Prakash Mishra, a leading advocate of a tie-up with the Left Front, said he would try to impress upon the party high command the need for an alliance or a poll understanding.
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- Five students in Agra invent cycle that runs on fuel
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- DNA: Analysis of deaths in road accidents in year 2014
- Bus falls into river in Gujarat's Navsari; 15 students reported dead
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- DNA: Today in History | February 5, 2016
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part III
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part II
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- International Fleet Review in Bay of Bengal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude jolts Nepal, 15 hurt; tremors felt in Bihar
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Will teach a lesson to mastermind of Pathankot airbase attack, says Parrikar
- At least 37 dead as bus plunges into river in Gujarat
- Caught-on-camera: Most horrifying, deadly snake bites on human – Watch video
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- Hafiz Saeed warns India over Kashmir, says it would have to pay heavy price