Cyclone Kyant, formed over Bay of Bengal, will not have a major impact in West Bengal, where light spells of rain are expected from October 27, the Met office here said on Tuesday.
West Bengal News
The deep depression in the Bay of Bengal today further intensified into cyclonic storm 'Kyant', the India Meteorological Department today said.
Trinamool Congress MP Abhishek Banerjee, the nephew of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, continues to be under observation at a city nursing home a week after he met with a road accident.
Fire broke out at a building in the congested Motijheel area of Entally in the central part of the city this afternoon, police said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said a conspiracy was being hatched to disrupt harmony in the state and asked people not to tolerate those trying to create differences.
To protest against China's alleged support to Pakistan, the Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Bengal unit has initiated a campaign against the use of Chinese products in the upcoming Diwali festival.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday handed over physical possession of land to a section of the cultivators of this rural belt.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday extended her good wishes for health and fast recovery to Abhishek Banerjee, Trinamool Congress MP and nephew of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who met with an accident yesterday.
Bharatiya Janata Party MP Babul Supriyo was injured in a stone-pelting incident by Trinamool Congress workers in West Bengal's Asansol district.
Trinamool Congress MP and the party's youth wing president Abhishek Banerjee's health condition improved on Wednesday, a day after he met with an accident on NH-2 near Singur, while returning to Kolkata from Murshidabad.
Abhishek Banerjee was being administered oxygen and saline and would be kept under observation for four days.
Trinamool Congress MP Abhishek Banerjee met with an accident on Tuesday.
Arjun Singh is a TMC MLA from Bhatpara in North 24 Parganas district.
Brother-in-law of Mita Mondal was on Monday night arrested in connection with her unnatural death, taking the number of total arrests to three in the case after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee ordered a CID probe into the death of the Jadavpur University student.
This process would be completed in 20-22 days, Mamata said.
The Election Commission on Monday announced schedule of bypolls to four Lok Sabha and eight Assembly seats to be held on November 19.
Toy train services in the Darjeeling hills were suspended due to landslides caused by heavy rainfall, a railways official said on Friday.
The West Bengal government is set to provide physical possession of land to Singur farmers before October 21, senior state Minister Partha Chattopadhyay said on Thursday.
Heavy rain in the Darjeeling hills caused landslides, damaging a stretch of the National Highway-10 connecting West Bengal with Sikkim, an official said on Thursday.
Incessant rains in Darjeeling hills have caused landslides in Darjeeling and Mirik, damaging vast stretches of National Highway 10 leading to Sikkim.
Troops of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) on Sunday recovered synthetic drugs worth Rs six crore in the international market on the Indo-Nepal border in West Bengal.
After a scintillating start, the Durga Puja spirit soared on Saturday which marked Maha Saptami -- day two of the Puja -- as thousands of revellers decked up in their best hit the streets of the metropolis and other places across West Bengal.
The President would spend four days in his ancestral house at Mirati and at Kirnahar on the occasion.
Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh, an accused in the multi-crore rupee Saradha chit fund scam, was given interim bail on Wednesday by the Calcutta High Court.
Actor-turned-BJP leader Roopa Ganguly was on Tuesday nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
A major blaze gutted one of the oldest single-screen movie theatres here, the Jyoti Cinema, on Sunday, a fire department official said.
The victim, Suzette Jordan, passed away in March 2015.
Mahalaya is being observed today, which is a day of chanting the Chandi Paath to mark the advent of Durga puja in a week`s time. From the wee hours of the morning, people all over West Bengal are thronging at holy rivers, as Male members of the family are offering holy waters to the spirits of their ancestors.
State minister Partha Chatterjee said they were never against industries, but against having industries on a multi-crop land.
Demanding a "congenial atmosphere" at the Calcutta University, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) led a protest march here on Wednesday.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Cyrus Mistry removed as Chairman of Tata Sons; Ratan Tata is interim boss
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Harbhajan Singh angers MS Dhoni fans with his birthday wish for Wriddhiman Saha
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter