Six persons were arrested at Jamalpur in Burdwan district on Monday for travelling in a SUV which had a Defence Ministry sticker pasted on its wind shields though the occupants could not produce any supporting documents.
West Bengal News
Kolkata in a never seen before avatar!
In what appears to be an act of honour killing, a man in West Bengal's Nadia district allegedly shot dead a teenager for being in a relationship with his daughter, police said on Sunday.
A man in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri has landed up behind bars after his rant against a local political leader on Facebook went viral.
One of the students of class 5 at the English-medium school in Salt Lake wrote about the behaviour of his father in the essay on "My Family".
A total 16 witnesses comprising four officers of the Air Force, two traffic constables, a traffic sergeant and a few civic police personnel were present.
A West Bengal court on Thursday awarded the death sentence to 11 people charged with murdering a 38-year-old housewife.
A girl has been allegedly molested by a person onboard the Doon Express on Wednesday.
Two persons have been killed by elephants in separate places of Bankura district since last night, forest officials said.
Fonseca had also "confessed" that he had planned to get rid of his wife and had purchased 20 pound dumbbells for the purpose, the officer informed.
Kolkata Police has rejected a request from the Indian Air Force for a joint probe into the sensational hit-and-run case in which an IAF officer was killed, but has requested that the airmen depute one officer to coordinate with the police force.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi during a meeting with partymen from West Bengal on Monday conceded that it was "not a wise decision" to contest so few seats in the 2011 assembly elections in alliance with Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress.
A Trinamool Congress leader, who was arrested for trying to board a Chennai-bound flight at the airport here with an unlicensed revolver and three rounds of cartridges, was on Monday sent to a day's police custody by a court.
The majority of the members of a team from the West Bengal Congress on Monday expressed their willingness for an alliance with the Left Front for the upcoming assembly polls, after meeting party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
Naren Chakraborty, a member of the Durgapur Zilla Parishad and Pandabeshwar Block Trinamool Congress president, had boarded a chopper from Andal airport
Three persons, convicted in the brutal Kamduni gangrape and murder of a 21-year-old college student over two years back, were today sentenced to death by a city court while three others got life imprisonment.
A Kolkata court on Saturday pronounce quantum of punishment to six convicts in 2013 2013 Kamdhuni gang-rape case. Three of the accused were sentenced to death whereas remaining three were awarded life imprisonment.
A Kolkata court is likely to pronounce quantum of punishment to six convicts in Kamduni gang-rape and murder case today.
Union Minister Babul Supriyo, who defied prohibitory orders and attempts by police to stop him from meeting the family of a dead girl at Jamuria, on Thursday said he went there as a minister and not for political reasons.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday alleged that certain political parties were trying to portray the violence in Malda district as communal and termed the incident as a "criminal" one.
The gang-rape and brutal murder of the 21-year-old college girl occurred when she was returning home at Kamduni.
Cold conditions prevailed at most places in Punjab and Haryana today with fog once again showing up in the early hours.
Union minister Smriti Irani on Wednesday accused West Bengal's ruling Trinamool Congress of indulging in vote bank politics over the suicide of Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula in Hyderabad and flayed Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for remaining a "silent spectator" to atrocities on women.
Union HRD minister Smriti Irani on Wednesday alleged that Trinamool Congress leaders visited Hyderabad after the dalit students' death due to vote-bank politics and lashed out at Mamata Banerjee government over Malda violence claiming it was "appeasing" minorities.
Chandra Bose joined the BJP in the presence of Amit Shah in Kolkata.
The security in and around the city as well as in the various districts of West Bengal has been beefed up in view of the Republic Day celebration on Tuesday.
Kolkata Police and Bengal Police on Saturday raided several places in Barasat in search of four persons allegedly belonging to a Bangladesh-based terror group and are tipped to carry out a suicide bomb attacks between January 23-26, police officials said here.
Mocking speculations on an alliance between Congress and CPI(M) in the upcoming Assembly Elections in West Bengal, senior TMC leader Subrata Mukherjee on Saturday said the party is not bothered about it since they are confident of retaining power for another term.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday demanded that Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose be given the title of "Leader of the Nation", and said the country has the right to know the truth about his mysterious disappearance.
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part IV
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- Ranchi: Central Coalfields Limited workers ride bicycles to curb pollution
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- West Bengal: Policemen take up responsibility to educate poor children
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- 'Chinese New Year' greetings from Mark Zuckerberg and family!- Watch
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India showcases naval might at International Fleet Review
- The great IPL dream: Mumbai Indians' 3.2 crore man Nathu Singh's rags to riches story
- Twitterati celebrate as Mahendra Singh Dhoni's daughter Ziva turns 1
- India not intolerant; secularists targeting only Hindu fundamentalists: Taslima Nasreen
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley
- It is termed pornography when a woman writes about her body: Taslima Nasreen