The accused was apprehended by the troopers while he was trying to smuggle in the fake currency under Sovapur border outpost area.
West Bengal News
They were involved in supporting Mohammad Ejaz, who was arrested on Friday from Uttar Pradesh for allegedly working for the Pakistani intelligence agency ISI.
Addressing a press conference here, Chouhan spoke at length about his Government's achievements and also goals that still needs to be accomplished as he shared his vision to make Madhya Pradesh, once considered a laggard (BIMARU) in economic growth, a developed State.
A middle-aged American tourist was arrested for allegedly sexually harassing a 14-year-old local boy inside his room at a five-star hotel, police said on Saturday.
The bereaved parents also accused the hospital of misleading on the cause of the death in the death certificate.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the decision was taken because people in the riverine area have specific set of problems.
A replica of the Eiffel Tower will be built at Rajarhat Eco Park here as a tribute to Paris terrorist attack, which left over 120 people dead.
With the mission to make the children 'school-readiness', the state government has set a target of setting up 1.16 lakh Sishu Aloys in the state.
Three persons were seriously injured on Friday while making a crude bomb that went off in West Bengal's Burdwan district.
In a major reshuffle in IPS cadre, five senior officials have been transferred to various positions in West Bengal, Home Department officials said.
Protests continued to rock NIT Durgapur in West Bengal on Thursday as meetings with officials of the Union HRD Ministry failed to dampen the unrest that started after the death of a student allegedly due to negligence and ineptitude of the institute. The agitating students have sought President Pranab Mukherjee's intervention.
Addressing a Muslim rally, Mamata said that Aamir spoke his mind and nobody has the right to ask him to leave the country.
It is expected that Mamata will speak on the raging issue of intolerance during her address at the rally.
The bank auhthorities were not available for comment.
The three injured personnel were taken to hospital with blood oozing out and were now stable, the officer said, adding the bikers escaped in the ensuing confusion.
Kolkata-based realtor Siddha Group on Monday said it was developing the world's longest skywalk.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has invited her Bihar and Delhi counterparts Nitish Kumar and Arvind Kejriwal to the Bengal Global Business Summit here on January 7 next year.
The death last Wednesday of an engineering student at National Institute of Technology (NIT) at Durgapur, allegedly due to negligence and ineptitude of the institute, has led to major student unrest which evoked intervention by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Three days after a 16-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped and killed in West Bengal's South 24-Parganas district, police formally pressed charges of rape.
Sumita Paul, a middle aged woman, was pillion riding on her son Arghya's motorbike on the way from her Burdwan town home to a temple in Guskara when the two-wheeler hit a hump and she fell down at a place near Oregram.
The attack, in which Dome sustained injuries on his hands, came a day after CPI-M state secretary Surjya Kanta Mishra was heckled by people.
Saradha chit fund scam accused Madan Mitra surrendered and was remanded to 14-days judicial custody.
TMC said that West Bengal Chief Minister's attendance at the oath-taking ceremony of Nitish Kumar would be as a mark of "protest against authoritarian attitude of the Centre".
Opposition parties in West Bengal on Thursday hailed the cancellation of the bail to Trinamool Congress leader Madan Mitra.
In pursuance of the India-Bangladesh Land Boundary Agreement, the first batch of 19 families from the erstwhile Indian enclaves in Bangladesh, who had opted to stay in India, on Thursday entered West Bengal's Cooch Behar district.
On a day when the Calcutta High Court cancelled his bail and ordered him to surrender, Trinamool Congress lawmaker and Saradha scam accused Madan Mitra on Thursday asserted that a court always metes out justice.
Calcutta High Court on Thursday cancelled the bail of Trinamool Congress leader and former minister Madan Mitra, accused in the multi-crore rupees Saradha chit fund scam, and asked him to surrender.
A forty-year-old man died on Tuesday after he was allegedly pushed off from a local train by a lady RPF constable in between Uttarpara and Hind Motor stations in the district, triggering massive protests and rail blockades along the Howrah-Bandel main line section.
To push its solar programme forward, the West Bengal government will install a 110-foot-high solar dome here for catching maximum daylight, a minister said on Tuesday.
The Calcutta High Court on Tuesday adjourned till tomorrow hearing on the CBI petition for cancellation of state Transport Minister Madan Mitra's bail plea.
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos – Players to watch out for
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005