The victim, Suzette Jordan, passed away in March 2015.
West Bengal News
Mahalaya is being observed today, which is a day of chanting the Chandi Paath to mark the advent of Durga puja in a week`s time. From the wee hours of the morning, people all over West Bengal are thronging at holy rivers, as Male members of the family are offering holy waters to the spirits of their ancestors.
State minister Partha Chatterjee said they were never against industries, but against having industries on a multi-crop land.
Demanding a "congenial atmosphere" at the Calcutta University, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) led a protest march here on Wednesday.
The arrested head of West Bengal unit of Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB), Anwar Hussain Farooq, used to look after the finances of the outfit, police said on Tuesday.
Taking a tough stance against Wednesday's shutdown called by the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) in Darjeeling, West Bengal's Mamata Banerjee government on Tuesday warned its employees of stern action if they fail to turn up.
The West Bengal government will take up with the central government the problem of erosion caused by the Ganga and Padma rivers, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Tuesday.
Six tourists, including two women, have been arrested for allegedly beating up police personnel in West Bengal's coastal resort Mandarmani, police said on Tuesday.
For the past three years, a Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja.
The BSF said its troopers seized 63 kg of cannabis from a village of West Bengal's Nadia district on Sunday.
Inmates at the Alipore Jail have no time to rest as they are busy making Durga idols for the Durga puja festival.
With an eye on the coming Panchayat and municipal polls in Darjeeling district, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday promised to set up more development boards representing specific communities in the northern Bengal hills.
A number of internet users must be wondering that why #MartyrsNotBeggars hash tag was trending on Twitter on Thursday.
Barun Maheswari, the prime accused in the September 18 Mercedes hit-and-run case, was arrested here on Wednesday, the city police said.
The International Day of Peace is observed every year around the world on this day.
Thousands assembled in two villages of West Bengal on Tuesday to bid a tearful adieu to two army jawans from the state who died in the terrorist attack on the Uri camp in Jammu and Kashmir two days back.
To curb the recklessness of auto rickshaws, the West Bengal government would open a 24x7 helpline before the coming festive season, state Transport Minister Subhendu Adhikari said here on Tuesday.
Security at Kolkata Airport has been heightened after Air India received a call claiming that there is a bomb on its Guwahati-bound flight.
Shock, anger and respect were the prevailing emotions as the bodies of two of the army soldiers killed in the Uri terror attack were flown in to the city on Monday.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday expressed grief over the deaths of 17 soldiers in a terrorist attack on an army camp in Uri town of Jammu and Kashmir.
An 18-year-old youth was today beaten to death allegedly by a mob after his bike collided with a two-wheeler at Golbazar in Kharagpur area of West Midnapore district tonight, police said.
Former West Bengal Pradesh Congress chief Manas Bhunia, now a dissident leader, is likely to join the ruling Trinamool Congress on Monday, a senior ruling party leader said.
An employee of IT company Wipro drowned and two of his colleagues are feared dead as they went missing while taking a bath in the Bay of Bengal at Mandarmani on Saturday, police said.
Alleging discrepancies in the new electoral list prepared by the Election Commission, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee today asked the party leaders and elected representatives to compare it with the old list.
Police today recovered 15 to 20 live bombs stacked in two bags and about 7 sharp weapons from a CPI-M party office in Benachitty market area of the steel town today.
The Central Bureau of Investigation arrested three former directors of two Kolkata-based private companies in an ongoing investigation related to two chit fund scam cases on Thursday.
Banerjee will meet deputy prime minister of Singapore at Bangkok in November and will discuss on transformation of Singapore and West Bengal.
Manager of 'Mocambo' Ashish Malik on Wednesday said the eatery doesn`t believe in discrimination, while asserting that the driver who had come along with a woman was `dirtily dressed`.
The Trinamool Congress chief will honour her promise of giving land back to the farmers by formally handing over of the `land parchas`.
A festive mood prevails in Singur where West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will on Wednesday return 9,117 land records to farmers and compensate 800 peasants from whom land had been taken against their will for the Tata Motors' Nano project, redeeming a pledge she made years back.
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Meet our highly trained surgical strike specialist 'Para Special Forces'
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organisations in PoK
- DNA: Analyzing surgical strike operations and special commandos by various countries
- Panel discussion on why Salman Khan is backing Pakistani actors
- Army chief, Defence Minister were monitoring surgical strikes in Pakistan
- Nawaz Sharif calls cabinet meeting after India's surgical strikes
- Liquor ban in Bihar is Illegal: Patna High Court
- Salman Khan backs Pakistani actors, says artistes are not terrorists
- DNA: Today in History, 29th September, 2016
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Pakistan postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out, new dates to be announced soon
- Pakistan in shock after Indian Army's surgical strikes: Manohar Parrikar
- UK doctor examines Jayalalithaa, various rumours about her health condition go viral
- Record blackmoney declaration: Rs 65,250 crore mopped up under Income Declaration Scheme
- Ravi Shastri lashes out at Virat Kohli for flop show in 1st innings at Eden Gardens
- Baffled by India's surgical strikes, Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor sector
- Massive titanosaur footprints found in Gobi desert
- Pak Army in panic mode as public backlash looms large after India's surgical strikes
- US talks tough, objects to Pakistan's nuclear warfare threats against India
- Vodafone new Tariff plan: At just Rs 399 get 3G data, SMS, STD and Local calls –Know details