PMK on Sunday welcomed West Bengal government's decision to release documents on freedom fighter Subhas Chandra Bose, but said the Centre had 'more responsibility' in this regard.
West Bengal News
An abandoned new born boy, rescued and admitted to a Nadia hospital by police, was found missing triggering mob protest and road blockade at Haringhata area of the district.
The body of a thirdgender, who was stated to be a member of thirdgender development organisation, was found at Shyampur area in Howrah district on Saturday, a senior police officer said.
The BJP in West Bengal on Saturday complained to the state election commission alleging that the 10 per cent dearness allowance hike announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, was a violation of the model code of conduct.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday announced Rs.10 lakh as compensation to the family of Muniza Ahamed of the state who was among the 107 killed in the crane accident at the Grand Mosque in Saudi Arabia`s Makkah city.
Union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday turned down West Bengal Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim`s request for increasing the number of Smart Cities in the state.
Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday welcomed West Bengal government's decision to declassify Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's files.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said a woman from the state is among those killed in the crane accident at the Grand Mosque in Makkah in Saudi Arabia.
Three flights averted a possible danger when radio communication between the pilots and the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here snapped for 11 minutes.
The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) has announced that its three MLAs in the West Bengal Assembly will resign to protest the alleged non-cooperation of the state government with the Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA).
The CPI-M, which slipped into a state of disarray after repeated electoral setbacks since the 2011 Assembly election in West Bengal, appears to be on the path of recovery following its two back to back "successful" political programmes in last one month.
Stressing the need to solve the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday announced that the state government will declassify 64 files relating to the great Indian freedom fighter on September 18.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday announced making public the government documents on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
A 10-member delegation from the Centre today assessed the damage caused by the recent floods in various districts of West Bengal.
The nurse, who allegedly cut off the thumb of a 10-day-old baby at a hospital in West Bengal's South-Dinajpur district, was arrested on Wednesday.
A court here on Tuesday sent West Bengal media tycoon Ramesh Gandhi, arrested for his alleged complicity in the Saradha scam, to four days CBI custody.
Trinamool Congress MLA from Raniganj in Burdwan district Sohrab Ali was today sentenced to two years' rigorous imprisonment by a court in Asansol on the charge of theft of railway iron scraps.
Veteran Trinamool Congress leader and former MLA Anupam Sen died here late Monday night.
West Bengal Police last night arrested a local Trinamool Congress leader on allegations of committing several murders and committing anti social activities.
New Delhi: A team from the Centre will arrive in Kolkata on Tuesday to assess the post flood situation in West Bengal.
Twelve days after the Left organised a march to the state secretariat Nabanna, the Congress will take up a similar programme on Tuesday to protest over a host of issues including the deteriorating law and order in West Bengal and murder of a student inside a college campus.
A Mumbai police team on Monday escorted Sanjeev Khanna, a co-accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, to Kolkata to unearth more evidence.
CBI on Monday arrested managing director of a media company for his alleged involvement in Saradha scam.
The Calcutta High Court on Monday rejected the bail prayer of suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, an accused in the multi-crore rupee Saradha chit fund scam.
Three police personnel were injured when a bomb exploded at Itahar police station in North Dinajpur on Sunday, a police official said.
Missionaries of Charity, the global order of nuns founded by Mother Teresa, remembered the great missionary on her 18th death anniversary here on Saturday.
Accusing the Mamata Banerjee government of being indifferent to the farmers' plight, the BJP's peasant wing on Saturday said it would organise a movement against the agrarian distress in West Bengal.
Days after twin agitations by the Left Front evoked good response, a legislator of West Bengal`s ruling Trinamool Congress has now prescribed "thrashing" to teach the opposition a lesson so that they don`t dare to call shutdowns or strikes.
With the police probing financial angle in the murder of Sheena Bora, who is daughter of ex-media honcho Peter Mukerjea's wife Indrani, the investigators are trying to ascertain the reason behind selling loss-making ventures to the two Kolkata-based businessmen.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- Watch: Fast N Facts
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Indian Air Force celebrates 83rd foundation day
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Compulsion to be Hindu in order to attend Garba festival?
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Will look beyond India if blockade doesn't end: Nepal
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Ghulam Ali 'very hurt' with Mumbai concert cancellation, gets Delhi govt's invite for show
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Russian warships fire cruise missiles as Moscow backs Syrian offensive
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Pakistan invokes Muslim Ummah to express concern over 'beef lynching' in Dadri
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune