Last Updated: Friday, August 09, 2013, 19:31
Forty-eight more bodies were extricated from the heaps of rubble in Uttarakhand`s worst flood-hit Kedarnath area.
Last Updated: Thursday, August 08, 2013, 22:26
A total of 132 people from Uttarakhand have been listed as having lost their lives in the flash floods that hit the state in June, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar said on Thursday.
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 20:06
Twenty-one bodies were extricated on Wednesday from tonnes of debris lying in Kedarnath and consigned to flames after necessary rituals.
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 18:23
A team of experts of Archaeological Survey of India has found that the north eastern outer wall of the sanctum sanctorum of Kedarnath temple was slightly damaged at some places.
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 14:43
Over 6,000 people are feared to have been killed in the devastating floods, cloudbursts and landslides in Uttarakhand in June, the government said.
Last Updated: Monday, August 05, 2013, 20:06
Uttarakhand government has received Rs 250 crore so far from the Centre for relief works in the wake of the June calamity.
Last Updated: Monday, August 05, 2013, 18:06
The Uttarakhand Cabinet on Monday cleared proposals for the setting up of two committees for disaster management and a specialised disaster response force to deal with natural calamities in the state.
Last Updated: Sunday, August 04, 2013, 22:03
One person was killed and another severely injured in a landslide in Uttarakhand`s Pithoragarh district on Sunday.
Last Updated: Sunday, August 04, 2013, 18:20
Increasing human activities are augmenting the risk of natural disasters in the ecologically sensitive region of Kedarnath, a latest study claims.
Last Updated: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 20:56
Relief operations in Uttarakhand got the much-needed pace as the weather cleared up even as Almora SDM Ajay Arora, who fell into Mandakini river three days ago, remained untraced.
Last Updated: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 18:34
Uttarakhand government on Saturday decided to identify land to relocate villages swept away by the June flashfloods and launch women-centric vocational schemes.
Last Updated: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 16:09
Uttarakhand Wednesday sought Rs 13,800 crore from the Centre for reconstruction and relief work in the flood-ravaged state.
more videos >>