Leaders of the Islamic State are determined to strike targets in the United States this year, senior intelligence officials have said.
Syria's state news agency SANA says opposition gunmen have opened fire on aid vehicles in the besieged rebel-held town of Madaya, near the capital Damascus, but no casualties were reported.
An Israeli court extended former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's 18-month prison sentence by a month today for pressuring a confidant not to testify in multiple legal cases against him.
Spain's Princess Cristina is back in court for trial along with 17 others, including her husband, on charges ranging from tax fraud to embezzlement.
Iran's former reformist president has called on Iranians to cast their vote in the upcoming election despite a ban preventing many reformist candidates from running.
The names of Myanmar's next president and two vice presidents will be revealed on March 17, an official said today, setting a clear timeline for the transition of power from a military-controlled government to democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi's party.
Two pro-government television channels say that "positive results" could come out of negotiations between Myanmar's military chief and Aung San Suu Kyi on suspending a constitutional clause that prevents her from becoming the president.
Thirty-four militant groups from around the world had reportedly pledged allegiance to the Islamic State extremist group as of mid-December and that number will only grow in 2016, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in a report.
President Rafael Correa says he has fired Ecuador 's military high command for refusing to pay back to the state USD41 million from an overvalued land deal.
A United Nations panel has ruled that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been "arbitrarily detained", the BBC reported on Thursday.
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- More sexual harassment complaints against TERI's RK Pachauri
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'
- Siachen braveheart Hanumanthappa passes away; India mourns
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni's playing XI: Can Pawan Negi find a place in 2nd T20I against Sri Lanka
- Odd-even scheme to return from April 15-30 in Delhi; VIPs, women to be exempted: Kejriwal
- 2nd T20I: India vs Sri Lanka 2016 - Preview
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Viral Video: Australian Usman Khawaja filmed repeatedly squeezing teammate's bottom during national anthem