Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra has said that batting star Virat Kohli is a `great example` for Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal to keep his momentum going with big scores, especially `on a roll`.
Virender Sehwag’s former domestic and international opening partner Aakash Chopra has backed the veteran batsman claiming that given Viru’s abilities and attitude, you can’t rule out a comeback to the national squad.
Paceman Vikramjeet Malik returned with a five-wicket haul to bundle out Jammu and Kashmir for a paltry 175 and put Himachal Pradesh in a commanding position on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
According to Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) inside sources it was the infighting and pressure from district associations which forced him to move to Himachal from Rajasthan ranji team.
Impossible does happen in life. It has happened to Aakash. It has happened to Rajasthan. And Out of the Blue tells us that…
Former India opener Aakash Chopra feels that the rotation should not be restricted to the top three batsman only and rather there should be a change in the middle-order of the team as well.
Former India opener Aakash Chopra believes that the "meaningless" tournaments like Duleep and Deodhar trophies should be done away with to improve the domestic cricket structure of the country.
The soft spoken captain, Hrishikesh Kanitkar, points out the team work and the camaraderie among the staff and players as the reasons for their back to back success.
What their predecessors failed to realize repeatedly in 1960s, they have achieved it twice by winning two back-to-back Ranji Trophy titles.
Opener Vineet Saxena hit an unbeaten career-best double ton to propel Rajasthan to a 404/2 at stumps on Day 2 of the Ranji Trophy final against Tamil Nadu at MA Chidambaram stadium on Friday.
An intriguing third day is on the cards as hosts Haryana need another 170 runs to win with eight wickets in hand against defending champions Rajasthan in the Ranji Trophy semi-final, being played at Bansi Lal Stadium.
The 22-yard strip at the Bansi Lal Stadium in Lahli turned out to be a minefield for both Rajasthan and Haryana batsmen as 18 wickets fell on the first day of the Ranji Trophy semi-final.
Superb centuries by opener Aakash Chopra and glovesman Dishant Yagnik helped Rajasthan to post a solid 421 on the second day of their Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Hyderabad.
Aakash Chopra`s dogged half century and an equally gritty effort by glovesman Dishant Yagnik helped Rajasthan reach 220 for five.
Admitting that they were lucky to have made the cut, Rajasthan skipper Aakash Chopra on Friday said the defending champions would miss the service of pacer Deepak Chahar in their Ranji Trophy quarterfinal match against Hyderabad.
Centuries from veteran opener Aakash Chopra (135) and young Robin Bist (100 no) helped hosts Rajasthan get a solitary point against the formidable Uttar Pradesh in a Ranji Trophy Elite group match.
- Project Ghatak: All you need to know about India's stealth combat drones
- MCD elections: Report on voting conditions in different areas around Delhi
- Shocking! Punjab ASI gets dragged along with car to catch drug peddler
- Kashmir crisis: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi
- Cheating in examination center in Madhya Pradesh - Watch
- National-level player Shumaila gets triple talaq for giving birth to a girl
- Terrifying footage shows Cheetah attacking tourist in South Africa sanctuary
- MCD elections: Voting begins on 270 seats in Delhi
- What influences stone pelters in Kashmir to go against army officials?
- Maj Gen (Retd) Somnath Jha pays tribute to 21,000 martyrs by cycling for 12,000 km
- West Bengal BJP President Dilip Ghosh gives threatening statement in rally
- PM Modi gives formula for 'Team India' during Niti Aayog meet
- PM Narendra Modi presents new India vision at NITI Aayog meet
- Pervez Musharraf refuses to consider JuD chief Hafiz Saeed a 'terrorist'
- More than 20 CRPF jawans martyred in Sukma ambush, PM Modi offers condolences
- IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
- LG G6 India launch today: Here's everything you need to know
- Alien hunters spot possible tree stump on Mars, say it points towards existence of vegetation on Red Planet!
- 7th Pay Commission: Final report on allowances in next few days, maximum HRA likely to be Rs 60,000
- Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Narendra Modi, says no talks until stone-pelting, retaliation by security forces ends in J&K
- MS Dhoni unleashes trademark 'helicopter shot', hits Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six – Watch Video
- Sonu Nigam posts ‘Azaan’ video on Twitter, says 'good morning India' – Watch
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Pakistan's ex-President Pervez Musharraf reveals what he thinks of PM Narendra Modi and UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Watch: India's 'Ghatak' project – Stealth combat drones
- Michael Clarke picks India's ICC Champions Trophy XI; Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma in as openers
- IPL 2017, Match 27: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- Nawazuddin Sidduiqui’s DNA test report reveals his true religion – WATCH
- Delhi Daredevils, Anil Kumble commit Twitter gaffe, wish wrong Sagarika on engagement with Zaheer Khan
- Aadhar for cattle? Centre proposes 'Unique Identification Number' for each cow, progeny
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja gets the better of ambitious Glenn Maxwell — WATCH