Cameroon have made a major overhaul to their squad, dropping 13 players from the party who went to the World Cup including captain Samuel Eto`o.
Guinea and Sierra Leone have been ordered to move their African Nations Cup qualifiers next month to neutral territory following the outbreak of the Ebola virus in west Africa, which has killed more than 1,000 people.
Kenya moved swiftly on Tuesday to replace their national coach by appointing Scotsman Bobby Williamson to the post less than 48 hours after firing his predecessor.
The Brazil World Cup offers Didier Drogba the chance of a perfect swansong and the opportunity to propel his country further in the tournament than ever before, Ivory Coast coach Sabri Lamouchi said on Wednesday.
The man who led Cameroon to the African Nations Cup, Winifred Schafer, has been asked to stay-on as head coach of Jamaica’s national football team.
Zambia have shot up 28 places in the FIFA rankings, breaking into the top 50 for the first time in eleven years after winning the African Nations Cup on Sunday.
The memory of 18 players killed in an air crash almost 20 years ago carried Zambia`s current generation to their extraordinary African Nations Cup triumph, the team said on Monday.
Ivory Coast will take time to digest their latest African Nations Cup failure before making any decision on the future of their `golden generation`, coach Francois Zahoui has said.
Ghanaian football fans have expressed disappointment at the national team`s failure to qualify for the final of the African Nations Cup tournament co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.
Top-ranked Ivory Coast lived up to their billing by reaching the African Nations Cup final as the tournament delivered yet another surprise when Zambia also reached Sunday`s deciding match.
Coach Alain Giresse said his Mali players would have their work cut out to defeat Ivory Coast, a team he calls the “Brazil of Africa”.
Mali midfielder Seydou Keita broke down in tears as he appealed on Sunday for an end to fighting in his country.
Home hopes crumbled for Gabon in the lottery of a penalty shootout at the African Nations Cup on Sunday but Ghana’s hopeful search to end a long drought at the finals continued.
Equatorial Guinea`s lower-league footballers and little-known journeymen will try and upset a side containing household names like Didier Drogba and Yaya Toure at the African Nations Cup on Saturday.
David Alvarez became a national hero in Equatorial Guinea after his goal gave the African Nations Cup co-hosts a shock quarter-finals berth and the player a taste of the crowds he would love to experience regularly.
Emmanuel Agyemang Badu sent Ghana into the African Nations Cup quarter-finals with a stunning goal in their 1-1 draw against Guinea Wednesday while Mali joined them thanks to Seydou Keita`s winner against Botswana.
Libya were basking on Monday in the satisfaction of a formidable achievement against difficult odds despite departing the African Nations Cup after the completion of the group stage.
Equatorial Guinea seek to keep up their giant-killing run at the African Nations Cup by clinching an unlikely top spot in Group A on Sunday.
Ghana will field a makeshift defence in a key African Nations Cup match on Saturday when they meet Mali in Franceville but striker Asamoah Gyan has again recovered in time.
The African Nations Cup provided a double helping of last-minute drama on Friday as Tunisia beat Niger 2-1 and co-hosts Gabon stunned Morocco 3-2 to reach the quarter-finals.
Asamoah Gyan is expected to lead the Ghana attack after recovering from injury as they seek to kick on from their World Cup quarter-final place and challenge for the African Nations Cup title.
Highly-fancied Ivory Coast should have a comfortable start to their African Nations Cup campaign in Malabo on Sunday against Sudan.
Lowly Equatorial Guinea stunned Libya and Zambia upset Senegal as the African Nations Cup began with surprises.
Asamoah Gyan was included in Ghana`s squad for the African Nations Cup finals after coach Goran Stevanovic decided his hamstring injury had recovered enough to be included, the country`s football association announced on Thursday.
Angola completed their programme of pre-African Nations Cup friendlies with a goalless draw away against Nigeria on Wednesday.
Ghana are sweating on the fitness of key striker Asamoah Gyan before naming their African Nations Cup finals squad later on Wednesday.
Chelsea`s 16-year-old prodigy Bertrand Traore, yet to play a senior club match, was named in Burkina Faso`s African Nations Cup squad on Wednesday.
Zambia striker James Chamanga has recovered from an ankle strain and is included in his country`s squad for the African Nations Cup.
Namibia have lost their attempt to replace Burkina Faso at the African Nations Cup after sport`s highest tribunal rejected their protest that the West Africans had fielded an ineligible player against them.
Dipsy Selolwane will be the only player with any previous experience of club football in Europe in a 23-man squad named by debutants Botswana for the African Nations Cup.
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kareena Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra rejected Hrithik Roshan's 'Kaabil'- Here's why
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh