Cameroon have made a major overhaul to their squad, dropping 13 players from the party who went to the World Cup including captain Samuel Eto`o.
Guinea and Sierra Leone have been ordered to move their African Nations Cup qualifiers next month to neutral territory following the outbreak of the Ebola virus in west Africa, which has killed more than 1,000 people.
Kenya moved swiftly on Tuesday to replace their national coach by appointing Scotsman Bobby Williamson to the post less than 48 hours after firing his predecessor.
The Brazil World Cup offers Didier Drogba the chance of a perfect swansong and the opportunity to propel his country further in the tournament than ever before, Ivory Coast coach Sabri Lamouchi said on Wednesday.
The man who led Cameroon to the African Nations Cup, Winifred Schafer, has been asked to stay-on as head coach of Jamaica’s national football team.
Zambia have shot up 28 places in the FIFA rankings, breaking into the top 50 for the first time in eleven years after winning the African Nations Cup on Sunday.
The memory of 18 players killed in an air crash almost 20 years ago carried Zambia`s current generation to their extraordinary African Nations Cup triumph, the team said on Monday.
Ivory Coast will take time to digest their latest African Nations Cup failure before making any decision on the future of their `golden generation`, coach Francois Zahoui has said.
Ghanaian football fans have expressed disappointment at the national team`s failure to qualify for the final of the African Nations Cup tournament co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.
Top-ranked Ivory Coast lived up to their billing by reaching the African Nations Cup final as the tournament delivered yet another surprise when Zambia also reached Sunday`s deciding match.
Coach Alain Giresse said his Mali players would have their work cut out to defeat Ivory Coast, a team he calls the “Brazil of Africa”.
Mali midfielder Seydou Keita broke down in tears as he appealed on Sunday for an end to fighting in his country.
Home hopes crumbled for Gabon in the lottery of a penalty shootout at the African Nations Cup on Sunday but Ghana’s hopeful search to end a long drought at the finals continued.
Equatorial Guinea`s lower-league footballers and little-known journeymen will try and upset a side containing household names like Didier Drogba and Yaya Toure at the African Nations Cup on Saturday.
David Alvarez became a national hero in Equatorial Guinea after his goal gave the African Nations Cup co-hosts a shock quarter-finals berth and the player a taste of the crowds he would love to experience regularly.
Emmanuel Agyemang Badu sent Ghana into the African Nations Cup quarter-finals with a stunning goal in their 1-1 draw against Guinea Wednesday while Mali joined them thanks to Seydou Keita`s winner against Botswana.
Libya were basking on Monday in the satisfaction of a formidable achievement against difficult odds despite departing the African Nations Cup after the completion of the group stage.
Equatorial Guinea seek to keep up their giant-killing run at the African Nations Cup by clinching an unlikely top spot in Group A on Sunday.
Ghana will field a makeshift defence in a key African Nations Cup match on Saturday when they meet Mali in Franceville but striker Asamoah Gyan has again recovered in time.
The African Nations Cup provided a double helping of last-minute drama on Friday as Tunisia beat Niger 2-1 and co-hosts Gabon stunned Morocco 3-2 to reach the quarter-finals.
Asamoah Gyan is expected to lead the Ghana attack after recovering from injury as they seek to kick on from their World Cup quarter-final place and challenge for the African Nations Cup title.
Highly-fancied Ivory Coast should have a comfortable start to their African Nations Cup campaign in Malabo on Sunday against Sudan.
Lowly Equatorial Guinea stunned Libya and Zambia upset Senegal as the African Nations Cup began with surprises.
Asamoah Gyan was included in Ghana`s squad for the African Nations Cup finals after coach Goran Stevanovic decided his hamstring injury had recovered enough to be included, the country`s football association announced on Thursday.
Angola completed their programme of pre-African Nations Cup friendlies with a goalless draw away against Nigeria on Wednesday.
Ghana are sweating on the fitness of key striker Asamoah Gyan before naming their African Nations Cup finals squad later on Wednesday.
Chelsea`s 16-year-old prodigy Bertrand Traore, yet to play a senior club match, was named in Burkina Faso`s African Nations Cup squad on Wednesday.
Zambia striker James Chamanga has recovered from an ankle strain and is included in his country`s squad for the African Nations Cup.
Namibia have lost their attempt to replace Burkina Faso at the African Nations Cup after sport`s highest tribunal rejected their protest that the West Africans had fielded an ineligible player against them.
Dipsy Selolwane will be the only player with any previous experience of club football in Europe in a 23-man squad named by debutants Botswana for the African Nations Cup.
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead