Former Indian captain Anil Kumble and speedster Javagal Srinath today staged a walkout from the Annual General Body Meeting of the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) alleging misuse of funds by the current set-up.
Former India captain will begin a new innings as cricket administrator when he`s elected uncontested for the post of joint-secretary of the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) at its 83rd AGM here on Sunday.
Former cricketer Rajesh Chauhan, who was part of the famous spin trio along with Anil Kumble and Venkatapathy Raju in the 1990s, Monday suffered a massive cardiac arrest and was battling for life, a doctor said.
Surprised to find his name among the top-10 bowling performances of all time after breaking Anil Kumble`s 21-year-old record, Indian all-rounder Stuart Binny said seaming conditions played a huge role in his haul of 6/4 against Bangladesh here.
The interim president of BCCI-IPL Sunil Gavaskar on Thursday admitted that two cricketers were approached by the bookies and the matter has been reported to the Anti-Corruption and Security Unit officials (ACSU).
New Zealand`s batting sensation Corey Anderson, who is turning out for Mumbai Indians in the ongoing Indian Premier League, has thanked the team`s chief mentor Anil Kumble for providing him tips about facing spin bowling.
BCCI interim President, Sunil Gavaskar stressed on the importance of playing the game according to MCC Spirit of Cricket -- Play hard, Play fair -- during Captains & Coaches meeting ahead of the seventh IPL which begun in Abu Dhabi today.
Former India captains Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid and Kris Srikkanth on Thursday said that the BCCI will have to abide by the suggestions of Supreme Court but refused to comment on the specific proposals made by the apex court.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) is reportedly confident that the presence of former Indian captain Anil Kumble in the discussion over the Decision Review System (DRS) will win over the powerful Indian board in changing their stance over the system.
Former captain Sourav Ganguly today said the expertise of former Indian cricketers can surely be utilised for bringing improvements in the team but was not sure if they will have enough time for the challenging job.
Ex-India captain Sourav Ganguly asserted Saturday that the expertise of former greats can be utilised for developing the current cricket team even as he refused to "throw in my hat for the job".
`To hell and back` is how one can describe young leg-spinner Rahul Sharma`s career in the past couple of seasons but the lanky Punjab lad is all focused on performing his heart out for the Delhi Daredevils in IPL-7, thanks to words of wisdom from Anil Kumble and Yuvraj Singh.
Walking down memory lane, legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar on Wednesday recalled writing letters to wife Anjali in the pre-mobile era and found her handwriting "beautiful," which anyone would "watch and admire".
Former captain Rahul Dravid feels it is time for Zaheer Khan to start deliberating on his future as it would be difficult for the senior pacer to survive the rigours of five Test matches when India tour England later this year.
Statistical highlights of the first day`s play in the second and final cricket Test between India and New Zealand here Friday.
He might have been under the scanner for a while now due to poor form, but India`s pacer Ishant Sharma, who on Thursday reached the milestone of 150 Test wickets, said he was happy with the way he has been bowling.
Pacer Ishant Sharma became the 11th Indian to take 150 Test wickets when he removed opener Hamish Rutherford on the opening day of the first cricket Test against New Zealand, here Thursday.
Mumbai: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Cheteshwar Pujara have been picked for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test team of the Year.
Former Karnataka Ranji player and Frontiers Group India (FGI) Director Carlton Saldanha today refuted KSCA President Anil Kumble`s allegations and clarified that former secretary Brijesh Patel was never a part of the Sporting Frontiers.
Former KSCA Secretary Brijesh Patel has rebutted President Anil Kumble`s allegations that he tried to stop the former leg-spinner from contesting the cricket board`s polls.
Former India captain Anil Kumble on Wednesday said that he was proud of having played with Sachin Tendulkar who was recently conferred with the Bharat Ratna.
Former India captain and Karnataka State Cricket Association President Anil Kumble on Wednesday said that the KSCA was able to work for the progress of cricket in the state because his team was successful in keeping away former secretary Brijesh Patel and his associates from the helm of affairs.
Spin legend Anil Kumble on Wednesday said India became a sporting nation only in the last decade and other sports should take a cue from cricket as to how to market the game in the nook and corner of the country.
Indian spin legend Anil Kumble Wednesday marvelled at Sachin Tendulkar`s skills with the ball saying the batting wizard was also a high quality bowler.
India`s Sachin Tendulkar, who plays his 200th and final Test from Thursday, was widely regarded by his cricketing peers as the greatest batsman since the Australian legend Donald Bradman.
Former India speedster Javagal Srinath on Wednesday challenged former KSCA Secretary Brijesh Patel to hold a public debate on the series of allegations levelled by him and his associates against KSCA President Anil Kumble and his team.
Former Indian cricket captain Anil Kumble will deliver the second annual Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi Memorial Lecture on November 13 here.
Former captain Anil Kumble today declined to comment on Ricky Ponting`s observation on Sachin Tendulkar`s role in the `Monkeygate` scandal, saying people should wait for his book to know his version of the incident.
Former captains Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble today saluted retiring batsman Sachin Tendulkar for setting the benchmark in world cricket and inspiring millions of countrymen to take up the game.
Former India captain Anil Kumble and his ex-teammate Javagal Srinath today said they would not seek re-election in next month`s Karnataka State Cricket Association elections.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- IM chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates IS will help him get out of jail soon
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown
- World Hockey League Semi-final: Indian eves take 5th place, keep 2016 Rio Olympics dreams alive
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Uttarakhand govt sounds alert, warns of heavy rains along Chardham Yatra route
- Lalit Modi alleges Rahul Gandhi, Vadra were beneficiaries of his hospitality
- Journalist Akshay Singh was trembling, frothing during last moments, says eyewitness
- Australia won`t miss me, says retiring Ryan Harris
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Lionel Messi’s family attacked by Chile fans during Copa America final
- Wimbledon 2015, Day 6: Federer defies big-serving Groth to make last 16, Brown exits