Ryan Harris backed Australia to mount a successful defence of the Ashes without him after announcing his retirement from all cricket just four days before the start of the first Test against England.
Australia`s fast bowlers warmed up for next week`s first Test against England by seeing the tourists to a 169-run win over Essex in their final warm-up match on Sunday after Ryan Harris announced his retirement.
Umpire Chris Gaffaney is confident his experience of dealing with `domestics` as a policeman will stand him in good stead when it comes to maintaining order between England and Australia during the upcoming Ashes series.
England pace bowler Steven Finn has learnt his lessons after a dramatic loss of form and is ready to make "another debut" if he is selected for the first test against Australia next week.
England all-rounder Ben Stokes has promised not to take a backward step when he faces Australia again in the upcoming Ashes series.
New coach Trevor Bayliss has told England they must "fight fire with fire" if they are to regain the Ashes from his native Australia.
Australia wicket-keeper Brad Haddin has insisted there will be no changes in his on-field approach despite calls for an end to `sledging` during the upcoming Ashes series against England.
Uncapped Yorkshire leg-spinner Adil Rashid and Middlesex fast bowler Steven Finn were both called into a 13-man England squad announced Wednesday for next week`s first Ashes Test against Australia in Cardiff.
Australian speedster Ryan Harris failed his fitness test on Wednesday before Australia's four-day tour match against Essex. The latest setback, in an injury prone career, means that the 35-year-old is effectively out of the first Ashes test against host England starting July 8.
Daniel Bell-Drummond`s sparkling hundred for Kent could not prevent Australia winning the opening match of their Ashes tour by 255 runs at Canterbury on Sunday.
Mitchell Marsh outshone Shane Watson as the two all-rounders vied for an Ashes place during Australia`s tour opener against Kent at Canterbury on Saturday.
Mitchell Johnson gave England a reminder of what they can expect in the upcoming Ashes series with three wickets in Australia`s tour opener against Kent on Friday.
Steven Smith gave another indication of just how far he has come in eight years with a century for Australia against Kent in the Ashes tour opener at Canterbury on Friday.
Uncapped Derbyshire left-arm paceman Mark Footitt was included in England`s 14-man squad announced Thursday for a pre-Ashes training camp in Spain.
Australia legend Glenn McGrath on Thursday nominated a pair of young guns he expects to shine at the upcoming Ashes which is set to begin from July 8, namely pacer Josh Hazlewood and England batsman Joe Root.
Ashes might be almost a year away, but verbal volleys have begun with Australian coach Darren Lehmann challenging England to produce the same green, seaming pitches they used to beat India when his team visits the `Old Blighty` next year.
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- PM Modi appeals people to wish army officials this Diwali
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- ADHM row: Twinkle Khanna slams Raj Thackeray for demanding Army funds from producers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity - Part IV
- Injured BSF jawan Gurnam Singh dies in J&K hospital
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Has Samajwadi Party resolved all its issues? - Watch panel discussion
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- IND vs NZ: Scott Styris leaves commentary box after losing bet involving Kedar Jhadav - VIDEO
- 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party' - Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year