Tasked to rejuvenate Congress after its worst ever drubbing in assembly polls, new DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely vowed to bring all factions together.
Congress appointed Arvinder Singh Lovely and Bhupesh Baghel as PCC chiefs of Delhi and Chhattisgarh signalling party`s intent to bring changes in state units after its loss in assembly elections.
In an interesting turn of events, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday indicated that it could form the government in Delhi even though it doesn’t have the required numbers.
Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar on Tuesday caused a flutter saying a spell in opposition would do the party good.
Congress leaders admitted to defeat but were keen to shield their leader Rahul Gandhi against any criticism. The AAP breakthrough came in as a “big surprise” to them.
Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders participating in election coverage @ZeeNews were unanimous in crediting party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for performance in assembly polls.
Results of Assembly polls in four states reflect anti-Congress mood prevailing in the country and the stage is set for Congress party`s ouster at the Centre, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said on Sunday.
After the Congress was served massive defeats in the Assembly elections, vice president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday concluded the results as a message of change from the people of the country.
Rejoicing its ally BJP`s good showing in three of the four state assemblies, Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab Sukhbir Singh Badal today said that it will be tidal wave in favour of BJP in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Folk dancers from Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh gave a colourful touch Sunday to victory celebrations in and outside the BJP headquarters here.
BJP General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy said his party could have done even better if it had taken certain timely steps.
Do not blame Rahul Gandhi for the Congress reverses in the Assembly polls, Union Minister Jayanthi Natarajan suggested today maintaining that it was a "collective failure" and the party will introspect.
The Aam Admi Party (AAP) has made a stunning debut as predicted in Delhi, while the Congress was completely routed.
Chouhan is all set to become the chief minister for a third term.
The Congress admitted Sunday that it was disappointed with the assembly results from four states where it appeared to be headed for defeat.
Bharatiya Janata Party activists burst firecrackers, beat drums and danced outside the party`s state headquarters in the Rajasthan capital.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said Sunday he was glued to his TV, watching in "morbid curiosity" the trends emerging as counting of the votes cast in the assembly elections got underway.
Delhi Assembly Elections: Over 53 per cent voter turn-out was recorded at one polling booth in Jangpura constituency here, where re-polling was held on Saturday.
Stating that the people have not really understood the true meaning of democracy, Union Law Minister Kapil Sibal has said democracy needs to go beyond the electoral process.
All security arrangements have been made for smooth conduct of counting of votes on Sunday in Chhattisgarh, which went to polls last month.
In a fresh jibe, BJP on Thursday said that defeat was staring at Congress ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, a contention which the ruling party dismissed saying it will form the next coalition government even if it loses seats.
BJP said the Congress is demoralised at the prospect of losing the Assembly elections and may fail to respond to this crisis as it continues to be dependent on one dynasty for its survival.
In a first, the Delhi Chief Electoral Office will keep a "live watch" on 630 critical booths through web-casting to deter people from indulging in any nuisance on the polling day.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday said that assembly polls in five states would be a referendum ahead of next year`s Lok Sabha polls.
Contrary to the claims of it being a political game changer, social media is yet to be fully embraced by politicians slugging it out for top honors in upcoming Delhi polls. The new kid on the block Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is no exception.
The Election Commission Monday appealed to all political parties contesting the Delhi Assembly elections to refrain from activities that sabotage the tranquillity of the poll campaign.
Election Commission has come out strongly against government`s rejection of its long pending proposal for cooling off period for bureaucrats joining any political party.
The BJP is likely to make a comeback in Rajasthan by winning 105 of the total 200 seats, said a survey on Thursday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address an election rally at Ramlila Maidan here on Thursday.
Taking a jibe at BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said he lacks proper coordination between his thoughts and statements and needs to take proper lessons in history before addressing rallies.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- India will pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia's case against Pakistan if SC permits: Sushma Swaraj
- Saurabh Kalia's death: Modi govt refuses to take Pakistan to international court
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi controversy: Case against Big B, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta
- Names of CIC, CVC chiefs cleared; list sent for President's assent
- How to store food during summer!
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- Why Karan Johar signed Varun Dhawan instead of Salman Khan for ‘Shhuddhi’
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- FSSAI tests Maggi samples; govt to act against brand ambassadors
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns` Box Office collection unstoppable!
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- RBSE (rajeduboard.nic.in) Class 12th Arts Results 2015: Rajasthan Board (BSER) Intermediate Class XII Arts Exam Results 2015 to be announced soon today on rajresults.nic.in