Launching a scathing attack on the Omar Abdullah government, BJP President Amit Shah on Monday asked the people of Jammu and Kashmir to shun dynasty politics, adding that the BJP-led NDA government along with the Indian Army will give befitting reply to Pakistan if ceasefire is being violated.
Counting of votes for the Aug 21bye-elections to the three Assembly seats in Karnataka began Monday morning.
The stage is all set for the results to assembly by-election on 10 seats on Monday, touted by political pundits as `semi-final` before the full-fledged assembly elections scheduled next year.
The by-elections to the lone Lok Sabha seat and nine Assembly seats in Gujarat next month will be a litmus test for the leadership and acceptance of new Chief Minister Anandi Patel, who was handed over the baton by Narendra Modi after he was elected as Prime Minister.
RJD chief Lalu Yadav and JD(U) supremo Nitish Kumar, coming together after a gap of two decades to contest elections in Bihar jointly, holding a second rally in Chhapra on Sunday took a dig at the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) saying that they have allied to fight against the `rumour spreading society`.
Nitesh Rane, son of senior Congress leader and Maharashtra state Industries Minister Narayan Rane, said he will take Shiv Sena President "head on" if Uddhav Thackeray decides to contest the upcoming Assembly polls in Maharashtra.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah declared himself the chief ministerial candidate of his National Conference in the Assembly elections in the state.
The NCP Thursday said it was in favour of consolidating secular, like-minded votes for the upcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra and a decision in this regard will be taken after the seat sharing arrangement with Congress is finalised after August 20.
In a significant move, Narayan Rane and Ashok Chavan, two known detractors of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, were on Wednesday made chairmen of the Campaign and Coordination committees respectively by the AICC in poll-bound Maharashtra.
The ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh has so far not submitted statement of expenses incurred by it during the last assembly elections in the state in November 2013.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) will launch a signature campaign Wednesday seeking the voters` opinion about having re-elections in Delhi.
Having suffered 3:0 bye-election defeat in Uttarakhand, BJP President Amit Shah on Saturday asked party workers not to be "complacent" and have "hunger for victory" as he set a target for "absoulte majority" for the party in coming assembly elections in four states.
Ruling National Conference is yet to decide the Assembly segment from where Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will contest for the forthcoming state Assembly Elections, a senior party leader said.
Though more than two years are left for Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, supporters of BJP leaders have started an aggressive online campaign for their choice of chief ministerial candidate.
New BJP President Amit Shah today asked party MPs to strive hard to continue the winning streak in the forthcoming Assembly elections in four states and bypolls in some other states by adhering to "Sampark, Samvaad and Samanvay".
Describing JD(U), RJD and Congress tie-up as "opportunistic", the three major Left parties in Bihar formed a grand alliance to contest Assembly by-polls on 10 seats in the state.
Stating that his party was in a much better position than the Congress to win the upcoming Assembly polls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Majid Memon Friday asked the Congress party to let go of its strict stance on the issue of sharing seats.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to meet top RSS leaders Thursday night to discuss the political situation in Delhi and the upcoming assembly elections in four major states later this year.
With Assembly polls scheduled in Jammu and Kashmir later this year, infiltration attempts from across the border are expected to increase, a top security official said Thursday.
They say in a marriage you disagree all the time while in a divorce you genuinely agree to break the relationship to seek independence.
Congress MP and ex-Union minister Vilas Muttemwar has urged party president Sonia Gandhi to take up the issue of separate Vidarbha with the Narendra Modi government at the Centre to revive its electoral chances in the impending Maharashtra Assembly Elections.
Ahead of Assembly elections due in Haryana later this year, Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) said it would not enter into a pre-poll alliance with BJP or any other party.
Soon after the Congress announced it`s decision to part ways with the National Conference (NC) in the state, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday said that he had already conveyed to Sonia Gandhi about the NC`s decision to fight the Assembly elections in the state alone.
Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) will contest all 288 seats in upcoming Assembly elections on its own and will not forge any alliance, a senior party leader said here on Saturday.
Ahead of upcoming assembly elections in Haryana and Jammu and Kashmir, BJP chief Amit Shah today held meetings with leaders of these states and asked the partymen to gear up to ensure the party`s victory at the hustings.
The Election Commission has ordered a special summary revision of electoral rolls in Jammu and Kashmir, setting in motion the process of holding assembly polls in the state later this year.
Setting the ball rolling for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Maharashtra, the full panel of the Election Commission (EC) will visit the state on Monday.
Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said a final decision on whether to attempt a shot at government formation or seek fresh mandate in the capital will be taken "soon" after eliciting the opinion of MLAs, MPs and senior leaders.
Shiv Sena today dared Maharahstra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to contest the state assembly elections due later this year, a day after Congress leadership reposed faith in him to lead the party in the polls.
Amidst speculation that he may be replaced, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today called on Congress President Sonia Gandhi here in what he said was a "very good meeting".
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'