The world sports tribunal said there were aggravating circumstances including Jeptoo`s "deceptive and obstructive" behaviour, which warranted doubling the original ban against the 2014 Chicago and Boston Marathon winner.
A French court has ordered the release from police custody of a former legal adviser to disgraced former world athletics head Lamine Diack, his lawyers said on Monday. Habib Cisse was placed behind bars earlier this month as part of a French investigation into corruption linked to state-sponsored doping of Russian athletes.
Tintu's uncle questioned if Usha has deliberately denied the opportunities to the 27-year-old fearing of losing her own athletics glory.
Greg Rutherford, who had to settle for bronze at the Rio Olympics, said he was facing a vastly different challenge from trying to jump the furthest into a sandpit.
Bolt is the first man to hold both the 100m and 200m world records.
In addition to 67 track and field athletes already banned by the IAAF, 44 further competitors have joined the lengthening list of Russians who have been officially excluded from Brazil.
The 18-year-old Haryana lad Chopra became the first ever Indian to hold a world record in athletics (junior or senior).
The men's 4x400m relay team today leaped to 13th spot in the current world rankings from last night's 18th.
Anas clocked 45.44 seconds to erase the existing record of 45.47seconds created by 2014Asian Games Bronze medallist Arokia Rajiv at the 20th Federation Cup on April 28 in New Delhi.
The reigning 5,000m Olympic champion clocked seven minutes 32.62 seconds to beat Dave Moorcroft's 34-year-old record.
The presentation to Ghribi took place in Rades, near Tunis, during the under-23 Mediterranean Games.
The legendary P T Usha, who is Luka's coach, said that her protege had started the season well with a 2.01s race compared to her usual start of 2.03s.
Dutee had won a gold in the women's 100m dash here yesterday in a slow time of 11.50secs, thereby failing to qualify for Rio Olympics, for which she needed to touch 11.32secs.
Left to compete within an hour of reaching here from China, promising sprinter Dutee Chand won the gold in women's 100m sprint event in the Taiwan Open Athletics Championships today.
Russian athletics faces a battle to compete at the Olympics in Rio in August.
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- DNA : What is the reason behind increasing difference between rich and poor?
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' campaign
- 25 children selected for National Bravery Awards 2016
- DNA : Journey of "Sonam Wangchuk", Man who took education to level new heights in Laddakh
- DNA : Nonstop News
- Watch - Mexico's Colima volcano in dramatic night-time eruption
- BJP's Sangeet Som charged over screening documentary 'polarising voters' in UP
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach
- Which is your favourite: Virat Kohli's jab or MS Dhoni's helicopter shot — VIDEO
- This Kashmiri IAS officer’s Facebook post on `Dangal` girl Zaira Wasim’s situation is going viral – Read here
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- Viral video: She was walking wearing sleeveless top and jeans — Know what happened next
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: Najibullah Zadran's 'ridiculous shot' which went for a six is killing the Internet
- Live cricket score: 2nd ODI, IND vs ENG 2016 – Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni's centuries take India to 381/6 after 50 overs
- Stress – This is how your key body systems react
- Nokia 6 to go on sale from January 19; gets over 1 million registrations