Google Inc has begun testing its self-driving cars in Austin, Texas, expanding efforts to gather information on how the prototypes interact with traffic, road conditions and people, the company said early Tuesday.
India Monday achieved a milestone with the signing of a motor vehicles pact with Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh enabling seamless transit of passenger, cargo and vehicles with the first stage of the USD-8 billion road connectivity project set to begin in October.
Among major losers are Hindalco 2.24 percent, Hindustan Unilever 1.68 percent, SBI 1.53 percent, Tata Steel 1.28 percent and Infosys 0.99 percent.
Car sales in India were at a slow lane in February with main players Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai posting single digit growth during the month while others like GM India and Mahindra & Mahindra saw decline in sales.
Stocks of JK Tyre & Industries today soared over 16 per cent after the company reported 55.53 per cent jump in consolidated net profits for the third quarter ended December 31, 2014.
Automobile industry body SIAM wants Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to reduce excise duty on automobiles in the upcoming Budget to help the sector combat demand slowdown.
TVS Motor Company will be included in the NSE's Nifty Midcap 50 index, replacing textiles major Arvind Ltd from next month.
US Secretary of State John Kerry Monday toured a state-of-the-art $1 billion Ford Motor company plant due to open in western India, which will double the American automaker`s annual output in the country.
Bajaj Auto on Tuesday reported a 29.41 percent decline in net profit at Rs 590.9 crore for the three months ended September, hit by a one-time expense of Rs 340.29 crore related to Pantnagar plant in Uttarakhand.
US auto giant General Motors on Friday urgently halted deliveries of two 2015 flagship model pickup trucks after discovering a fault in their airbag safety system.
Interest-sensitive realty, banking and auto stocks fell up to 6 percent on Tuesday after the Reserve Bank kept interest rates unchanged in its bi-monthly monetary policy.
It said commercial vehicle sales will rise to 3.9 million units from 0.7 million in FY14; of two-wheelers, to 55.5 million units from 16.9 million.
The government is looking at the proposal for extending excise duty concessions to the automobile sector beyond December, a move that would provide further relief to automakers.
A 24-year-old software professional suffered serious injuries, when she jumped to safety from a moving auto-rickshaw here after the driver allegedly tried to abduct her, police said.
Karnataka Health Minister UT Khader Sunday came to the aid of an old couple, involved in an accident, sending them to a hospital in his official car and himself taking an auto to reach his destination.
Two persons were killed today and eight others injured when an auto was hit by a speeding truck in Fatehganj Paschimi area here, police said.
Maruti Suzuki's hatchback car Celerio, which hit the Indian roads in February 2014, will soon launch its diesel variant in the country this fiscal.
Ford India Thursday reported 82.9 percent increase in total sales at 13,297 units in April 2014.
Hyundai Motor India Ltd's (HMIL) domestic sales rose by 3.38 percent to 35,003 units from 33,858 units in March, 2013.
Toyota is to buy back as much as 1.89 percent of its shares for 360 billion yen (USD 3.5 billion), raiding a growing corporate cash chest for the first time in five years, the Japanese carmaker said Wednesday.
Fag-end bouts of value buying in key counters of Pharma, FMCG, Auto and infra lifted the benchmark to regain 6,500 level, gaining a modest 11.10 points at the National Stock Exchange (NSE) here on Friday .
Tax experts have hailed Finance Minister P Chidambaram's decision to slash excise duty, saying the move will give the much-needed boost to auto, capital goods and whitegoods sectors which have borne the brunt of slowdown.
Zee Media Corp. has pulled out all the stops to bring out a brand new initiative that focuses on 360-degree coverage of all things automotive.
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by four men in suburban Borivali last night, the police said here Tuesday.
While the car makers struggled, two-wheeler makers such as Hero MotoCorp and Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India reported sales growth in August this year.
In the wake of hike in CNG prices, Delhi government tonight hinted at a hike in auto and taxi fares soon.
Maruti Suzuki unveiled a limited edition of Alto K10, the Alto K10 Knightracer here on Thursday.
After the biggies, Nissan India today said it is planning to increase prices across all its vehicle models from January.
Japanese motor giant Honda has designed the first car that would be marketed exclusively for women.
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Watch: Fast N Facts @4:00 pm
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Dadri lynching: BJP's Sangit Som accuses Akhilesh govt of politicizing issue
- Watch: Today's top headlines @4:30 pm
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Patidaar Community to protest during Rajkot cricket match on 18th October
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Hardik Patel showered with money while giving controversial statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Dadri lynching: Akhilesh Yadav meets victim Iqlakh's kin, announces 45 lakh ex-gratia
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Hindu community lives in constant fear in Pakistan: US lawmakers
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Dadri lynching: BJP MLA Sangeet Som questions arrests, says SP appeasing minority community
- Pakistan arrests 100 Indian fishermen
- Nepal gets respite as over 100 cargo trucks enter from India carrying essential goods, petroleum products