A 24-year-old software professional suffered serious injuries, when she jumped to safety from a moving auto-rickshaw here after the driver allegedly tried to abduct her, police said.
Karnataka Health Minister UT Khader Sunday came to the aid of an old couple, involved in an accident, sending them to a hospital in his official car and himself taking an auto to reach his destination.
Two persons were killed today and eight others injured when an auto was hit by a speeding truck in Fatehganj Paschimi area here, police said.
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by four men in suburban Borivali last night, the police said here Tuesday.
In the wake of hike in CNG prices, Delhi government tonight hinted at a hike in auto and taxi fares soon.
In yet another shocking incident of road rage in the national capital, an auto driver was beaten to death by two persons after scuffle over a minor road accident.
It`s advertising on the move, as clever and gimmicky as they come. Buses are passe and producers are now hitching a ride on Mumbai autorickshaws and looking at taxis too to drive their movies to the masses.Ekta Kapoor is amongst the recent Bollywood filmmakers to innovate and has used autorickshaws to promote her ready-to-release "Ragini MMS" with teasers like "Ragini Ka MMS Dekha Kya?" and "Ragini Yahan Baithi Thi".
Commuters in the city will now
have the option of travelling in taxis with almost the same
fare as that of autorickshaws.
The Federation of All-India
Petroleum Traders said it will go on an
indefinite strike Sept 20 to press for demands such as
raising the commission on fuel sales and a uniform rate for
petroleum products across the country.
Delhi autorickshaw and taxi drivers Thursday protested the hike in CNG prices.
Nine persons, including two
women, were killed on Saturday and another injured when the auto
rickshaw in which they were travelling collided with a lorry
in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The national capital will come
to a "standstill" if auto-rickshaws are phased out without a
better alternative, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said
Nissan Motor India would commence production of LCVs under its joint venture with the domestic commercial vehicle major Ashok Leyland by mid-2011 as planned, a top company official said on Monday.
The Indian auto industry is likely to see a growth of 10-12 percent in sales in 2010, but companies will come under margin pressures as competition hots up in the market, according to global rating firm Fitch.
The country’s largest passenger car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. is planning to hike prices on rise in input costs, a company official said.
Ford motor works in Leningrad region will return to a 5-day workweek from Monday.
Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata on Tuesday said the company will consider launching `Nano` in the US in the next three years and is currently developing a bigger engine for the same.
The country`s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki on Tuesday said it plans to have an output of 15 lakh units by 2015 to maintain its 50 per cent market share in the Indian car market.
At 220,429 two-wheelers sold in December 2009, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BAL) registered a 85 per cent growth in sales over December 2008, when it sold 119,215 units, a company release said.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor today announced that it has recorded the highest sales for a calendar year with a 107 percent growth at 55,497 units in 2009.
The country`s largest auto maker Tata Motors today said its total sales during December last year more than doubled to 51,627 units, up from 25,219 vehicles sold in December 2008.
A slew of feel-good news greeted India Inc on the New Year Day with November exports showing signs of scripting a turnaround story and December auto sales zooming, further cementing hopes of a gala 2010.
Come January and those of you were planning to get a new car may have to shell out more as a steep rise in input costs has forced the car-makers hiking prices in the New Year.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh may deliberate on freeing auto fuel prices when he reviews the financial health of state-run oil firms with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Oil Minister Murli Deora on January 13.
Chennai-based TVS Motor today said it may venture into the above 200 cc segment in the bikes market as the company looks to increase its footprint in two-wheeler business.
The head of Volkswagen, Europe`s biggest automaker, forecast a slight uptick in sales in the sector next year driven by demand in China, Brazil and India, in an interview to be published Monday.
Hyundai Motor Co said Sunday it has agreed to launch a USD 400 million truck manufacturing venture in China with a local partner as it seeks further inroads in the world`s biggest auto market.
Hyundai Motor has signed an initial agreement to create a commercial vehicle joint venture with China`s Baotou Bei Ben Heavy-Duty Truck Co with a total investment of $400 million.
Volkswagen is unlikely to make further strategic deals in the near future, its CEO signalled, suggesting an end to the company`s recent spree which included the taking of a stake in Suzuki.
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Fast N Facts @ 9 am
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Watch: Fast n Facts @ 4 pm
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 2 pm
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro via video-conferencing
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Tunisia terror attack: Have to counter ISIS' poisonous ideology, says David Cameron
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!