The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has apparently placated former chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, who on Monday confirmed that “everything is sorted”.
Former Bihar chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Monday said that there are many able leaders in the NDA who can be selected as chief ministerial candidate for the state, but added that the final decision would be made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
According to the global financial services major, if markets price-in a Fed rate hike, it will get easier for the RBI to cut rates by 25 basis points on September 29.
Buyoyed by the 6-4 victory of RJD-JD(U)-Congress alliance in Bihar, Congress on Monday said the results have "totally negated" BJP`s claim of Narendra Modi wave in the country.
The stage is all set for the results to assembly by-election on 10 seats on Monday, touted by political pundits as `semi-final` before the full-fledged assembly elections scheduled next year.
A probe was ordered by Vaishali district election office against Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi for allegedly inducing voters in favour of alliance candidates in bypoll.
The war of words intensified between friend-turned foes Lalu Prasad and Ramvilas Paswan as campaign for the bypolls gathers pace in Bihar.
Though suspense continued whether Lalu and Nitish would share dais during bypoll in 10 Assembly seats in Bihar, Congress said state presidents of 3 parties would campaign jointly in the election.
RJD president Lalu Prasad on Thursday favoured an alliance with JD(U) for the bye-election on ten Assembly seats.
Amid chalking out plans for its `Mission 175` for the Bihar Assembly polls due next year, the BJP on Sunday threw a challenge to former CM Nitish Kumar to dissolve the House.
Amid indications of a tie-up between JD(U) and RJD for Bihar Assembly elections next year, a JD(U) legislator has shot off a letter to the party opposing it.
Maoists and the porous Indo-Nepal border are the two biggest challenges during the fifth phase of Lok Sabha polls in Bihar on May 7 and the Election Commission (EC) will seal the international border to tackle this.
A total of 57,000 security personnel including central forces would be deployed for smooth conduct of voting on seven Lok Sabha seats in Bihar on April 24.
The stage is set for the first of the six-phase Lok Sabha poll in Bihar Thursday involving six of the total 40 constituencies, all located in the Naxal belt.
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha`s daughter actress Sonakshi has found a unique way to campaign for her father`s re-election to Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat.
Presiding over a meeting with senior officials to review preparation for general election, Chief Secretary A K Sinha today said that the administration was committed to conduct a free and fair poll in a peaceful manner in Bihar.
Nitish Kumar on Monday refused to join debate on a perception that AAP will pose a serious threat to mainstream political parties after storming to power in Delhi last month.
Will Gadkari’s men be able to revive the party’s lost glory and establish it as a viable alternative to the ruling alliance?
It has been less than a month since the Bihar Assembly Election results were declared, but the trappings of power for those who lost are already fading away.
RJD`s attempt to reclaim the state ended in a whimper as its vote share
fell sharply from 34.6 % to 18.84 % in 5 yrs.
The Winter Session of the Bihar Assembly began here on Tuesday, nearly a week after the polls gave a thumping victory to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government of Nitish Kumar.
UP CM Mayawati said relating the routine meeting called by her to review the law and order situation of the state.
Underling the need of strengthening the party`s base
in Bihar, Digvijay Singh said that the party
has to drop the crutches, prepare new leadership and take to
Listing priorities for further
improving law and order in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
has said he would not tolerate crime under any circumstances.
With Lalu facing an unprecedented drubbing in Bihar polls, his former close aides are rejoicing.
campaigned in 70 districts and 22 seats but the party could
not win a single seat in any of these.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on Friday night allocated portfolios to the ministers retaining Home, General Administration, Election, Vigilance and rest of the departments and giving his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi the charge of Finance.
The NDA alliance bagged 206 of the 243 seats, with the JD(U) securing 115 and the BJP 91.
Nitish Kumar, the trained engineer for whom the development mantra spun magic, has his task cut out to further change the face of Bihar riding on a massive mandate that has raised expectations.
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- Panel discussion: Is India only for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims?
- Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of Delhi Metro
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Arvind Kejriwal hails Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Turmoil at NIT-Durgapur after student's death; Smriti Irani intervenes
- See how terror-hit Paris responds to a Muslim man's free hug offer
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Here's where PM Modi ate his dinner in Singapore
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why