Former England defender Rio Ferdinand says that his dream is to manage the Three Lions after retirement. After spending 12 fruitful years with Manchester United, he moved to Loftus Road, where his brother Anton Ferdinand played for two seasons.
Once-mighty Olympique Lyonnais suffered huge embarrassment with a 2-1 home defeat by unheralded Romanians Astra Giurgiu in their Europa League playoff first leg on Thursday.
Zenit St Petersburg and Porto both put a foot in the Champions League group stage with 1-0 away wins in the first leg of their respective playoff ties on Wednesday.
Croatian midfielder Luka Modric has extended his contract with Real Madrid by one season until 2018, the Spanish giants announced on Wednesday.
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey apologised to the club`s supporters on Wednesday after being sent off in his side`s 0-0 Champions League play-off draw away to Turkish side Besiktas.
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone claimed compatriot Angel di Maria is Real Madrid`s best player after the Argentine midfielder started on the bench as the Champions League finalists drew 1-1 in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup on Tuesday.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger acknowledged that his side`s goalless draw with Beskitas in a Champions League play-off in Istanbul Tuesday was a fair result for a "difficult" game but blasted the performance of the referee.
Besiktas hit the bar straight from kickoff as they were held 0-0 at home by Arsenal in Tuesday`s Champions League playoffs while a superb Gonzalo Higuain goal rescued Napoli in a 1-1 draw with visitors Athletic Bilbao.
Scottish champions Celtic will look to use their reprieve from Champions League oblivion and gain a positive result away at Slovenian titleholders Maribor on Wednesday in the first leg of their play-off.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering bringing defender Per Mertesacker back from his post-World Cup layoff early as injury cover for Tuesday`s Champions League first leg playoff against Besiktas.
After a positive start to the new season domestically, Arsenal head to Istanbul in optimistic mood ahead of Tuesday`s Champions League play-off first leg against Besiktas.
Stefan Kiessling scored five goals as Bayer Leverkusen won 6-0 away to minnows Alemania Waldalgesheim in the first round of the German Cup on Friday.
Didier Drogba praised an Oscar performance after the returning Chelsea great was handed the iconic number 11 shirt he made famous during his first spell at Stamford Bridge.
Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker on Friday became the third member of Germany`s World Cup-winning team to announce his international retirement.
Legia Warsaw will find out on Monday if they will be reinstated into the Champions League at Celtic`s expense when the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rules on the case.
Arsenal could strengthen their squad again before the transfer window closes, although manager Arsene Wenger may wait until after they have guaranteed a place in the Champions League.
Unloved even in their own country, Italy`s national team clearly need a radical overhaul and, if anyone can do it, then it is the steely-willed Antonio Conte who was named as their new coach on Thursday.
Former England defender Martin Kelly left Liverpool on Thursday to join Premier League rivals Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee.
Polish champions Legia Warsaw have lost an appeal to UEFA against their elimination from the Champions League after they fielded a suspended player against Celtic, the club`s co-owner Dariusz Mioduski said on Thursday.
French winger Franck Ribery has announced his retirement from international football, he said in an interview with the German magazine Kicker.
Discarded India opener Virender Sehwag says he wants to carry forward his good form from the last edition of Indian Premier League to the upcoming Champions League T20 which will be held in just over a month from now.
Legia Warsaw have filed an appeal against their dramatic axing from the Champions League in favour of Celtic, UEFA said on Tuesday.
Table-topping trio CSKA Moscow, Zenit St Petersburg and Spartak Moscow will all be bidding to extend their winning ways when the Russian Premiership`s third round of matches are played in mid-week.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has started the mind games in earnest warning Louis van Gaal that the competitive English Premier League is different from other leagues around the world.
World Cup top scorer James Rodriguez will make his competitive debut for European champions Real Madrid in Tuesday`s UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla in Cardiff with fellow new signing Toni Kroos also in line to play.
Sevilla and Real Madrid will play for their first title of the new football season Tuesday when the two Spanish clubs contest the European Supercup in Cardiff.
AC Milan have agreed to sign Spanish goalkeeper Diego Lopez from Real Madrid, the Italian Serie A club`s coach Filippo Inzaghi said on Saturday.
Polish football champions Legia Warsaw have asked European football`s governing body, UEFA, to explain its decision to disqualify the team from the Champions League for fielding an ineligible player.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini insists the club`s target of winning five trophies in five years isn`t important to him.
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- DNA: India and Germany sign 18 MoUs for cooperation
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Check out the general knowledge of these UP panchayat candidates
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- DNA: Watch image of India-Pakistan border at night
- Indian economy badly affected due to terror attacks: Moody's
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Varanasi violence: Photos show police setting fire to bikes
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!
- Top 10 films of Salman Khan
- Jail sting reveals ex-UP minister Amarmani Tripathi's luxurious life in custody
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala
- Islamic State theatens 'the man who killed Osama bin Laden'
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch