The assurance was given by Mohindra, who was speaking on behalf of Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, on a call attention notice raised by MLA Bikram Singh Pahara.
The Maruti Alto car bore a Chandigarh registration number and appeared to be headed towards Delhi.
Salaries to faculty and staff are delayed, new projects are on hold, there is tension among students on the campus over a massive fee hike.
Raipur: The Border Security Force has set up two new posts in the Naxal affected Kanker district of Chhattisgarh to facilitate road construction projects.
As authorities in Punjab and Haryana sealed the inter-state border, thousands of INLD supporters headed from Haryana`s Ambala city towards the border on Thursday afternoon to dig the SYL canal at the party's call.
From a village shop owner to a crorepati, the journey perhaps was pre-determined by his luck. With an assurance of winning a prize money of Rs 400, he set out to purchase a ticket of the New Year Bumper lottery run by the Punjab government from Sirsa in December 2016.
Aam Aadmi Party today rubbished the accusations that its members had links with gangsters and terrorists and made as it accused the Congress for "patronising" dreaded gangsters including the key accused of Nabha jail break.
Four gangsters were arrsted on Saturday after a shootout with a Punjab Police team in Ferozepur district, an officer said.
Members of All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti, which is spearheading the ongoing jat quota stir in Haryana, will meet representatives of the government-appointed committee tomorrow at Panipat for talks, even as the agitation entered its 13th day today.
BJP-SAD alliance scripted history as results of Chandigarh municipal elections results were declared on Tuesday.
The overall polling percentage in the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation election on Monday jumped to a record 59.54 per cent, following a re-polling in a ward of the civic body after officials noticed some discrepancies.
The union territory of Chandigarh was put on alert on Thursday following inputs from the Intelligence Bureau (IB) of a possible terrorist strike.
Chhattisgarh Police on Sunday arrested six Maoists in a raid in Bijapur district of the state, while 25 Maoists, including six women, surrendered before the police and the Forests Minister.
Chandigarh and its neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula faced a major water crisis on Sunday due to a snag in the water supply system.
A married woman was allegedly gangraped by three youths in a hotel in Karnal district of Haryana, days after a 21-year college student in the state was raped for the second time by same offenders who had sexually assaulted her three years ago.
A court in Amritsar city issued summons to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and other AAP leaders in a defamation case filed by Punjab Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia.
The south-west monsoon is likely to pick up pace in Punjab and Haryana bringing good rains to the region in the coming days, a senior MeT department official said here today.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- International Yoga Day 2017: PM Modi leads celebrations in Lucknow
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- Moving towards making India self-reliant in Defence, says PM Modi in Lucknow
- Anil Kumble steps down as Team India head coach
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Arunachal Pradesh: Army rescues 200 stranded civilians post massive landslide
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Watch: Record 5 lakh people do Yoga in Ahmedabad
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- World must be prepared for an asteroid strike, warns scientist
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- Anil Kumble confirms rift with Virat Kohli : READ his exit statement
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains now set for a makeover: Here is all you need to know
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Darjeeling unrest: Gorkhaland offers 12-hr window to schools to evacuate students, indefinite strike to continue