Many of us must have consumed paranthas at street side shops. You must have liked it and maybe found it tasty. But, if you find it addictive, there is a strong possibility that you might have consumed drug-laced parantha - 'ganja parantha' or 'opium parantha'.
The survey conducted by South Korean electronics firm LG showed, amongst the metros, people in Delhi are the happiest while those in Mumbai are the least happy.
Chandigarh police Friday claimed to have arrested one person for alleged misappropriation of funds of a housing society here.
Chandigarh could be the first Indian smart city as the government moves to create many hi-tech cities in the country.
Three persons died and 31 others fell ill after consuming 'prasad' at a religious event in Chhattisgarh's Balodabazar-Bhatapara district, police said on Monday.
A dreaded woman Maoist, carrying a reward of Rs 8 lakh on her head, surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district on Sunday, police said.
Four Maoists, including a former commander of Jan Militia group, surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Naxal-hit Kondagaon district, police said on Sunday.
Children who have lost their parents in Naxal violence in Chhattisgarh will be given priority for admission in schools nearby their native place or according to their choice, a state minister said on Tuesday.
The surprise move by Congress candidate to withdraw nomination from the September 13 bye-election to Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Antagarh Assembly seat has brought to fore infighting in the party.
Actress-turned-politician Kirron Kher today said she is planning to get a Media and Film City for Chandigarh.
At least five people were killed and 15 others injured when a luxury bus and a car collided in Chandigarh Saturday morning, police said.
Motorists in Chandigarh may be wary of being caught by traffic policemen but the latter are themselves also at the receiving end from certain drivers.
Situation in Pong dam continued to remain worrisome as water level in reservoir was about 35 feet less than what it was on corresponding day last year due to deficient rain in catchment areas.
With water level in Pong dam remaining "worrisome" due to "deficient" rains in catchment areas, Bhakra Beas Management Board on Tuesday said a decision on cutting down water release from the reservoir will be taken in consultation with three partnering states next week.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) today took a dig at BJP MLA Anil Joshi and asked him not to politicise the matter, after the Punjab government decided to rollback the `advance tax on stock`.
Senior Haryana IAS officer Pradeep Kasni, who red-flagged appointment of new information commissioners by the Hooda government, today accused the state Chief Secretary of threatening him.
The apex consumer commission has dismissed an appeal filed by a real estate developer against a direction to pay nearly Rs 65 lakh to two persons who had jointly booked a flat in its project.
Veteran BJP leader Kaptan Singh Solanki was sworn-in as the new Governor of Haryana on Sunday.
Former college professor and BJP leader from Madhya Pradesh Kaptan Singh Solanki will be sworn in as Haryana governor Sunday, officials said here Saturday.
A Chandigarh Police constable on Friday shot his wife dead with his service pistol at the Government Multi-Speciality Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 here following an altercation. He later attempted to shoot himself but was overpowered, police said.
Low cost airline AirAsia (India) will connect Bangalore with Chandigarh and Jaipur this September for around Rs 1,999 and ticket bookings will open soon, a top company official said Thursday.
Taking forward its plan of developing the game at grassroots level in the country, Hockey India Thursday appointed former coach Sukhvir Singh Grewal as the High Performance Manager of North zone.
The row over a separate SGPC in Congress-ruled Haryana on Friday grew into a full-blown battle between the state on one hand and Akali Dal-BJP ruled Punjab and the Centre on the other as Haryana refused to accept Union Home Ministry`s directive to have a Bill in this regard withdrawn.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today urged the Union government to expedite formalities for setting up of two training centres near Chandigarh.
Amid a growing controversy over the issue, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Tuesday said a committee set up by the state government on the issue of a separate managing committee for Haryana gurudwaras was in favour of a separate Sikh body for the purpose.
Congress will focus on youths in allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Haryana, party General Secretray Shakeel Ahmed said on Tuesday.
Light to moderate showers today brought down temperatures in most parts of north India, including in Uttar Pradesh, where three persons died in rain-related incidents.
The Punjab Government today launched a round-the-clock helpline to assist people, particularly in rural and interior areas, in getting information on health problems and access to a qualified doctor.
Nearly 700 people from Punjab and Haryana are stuck in strife-torn Iraq, officials from both states said Sunday.
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Security advisor Kunal Verma's book reveals untold story behind 1962 Indo-China war
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- He came into my dream and said would return: Lance Naik Hanumanthappa's mother
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- After squash gold, Joshna Chinappa slams Pakistani opponent for excessive aggression
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- How 16-year-old Markandeya defied death; lesson we can learn
- IBPS PO mains exams scorecard out - check your score here
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab