The minister said the welfare schemes announced by the Raman Singh government have created a better environment for economic development of the tribal-dominated regions and also helped win the confidence of the people.
A local was unable to produce valid documents to explain the cash and jewellery he possessed and he was being interrogated to ascertain source of the money.
The villager sustained serious injuries in the incident and was admitted to a hospital in Antagadh from where, he was taken to Raipur for further treatment, police said.
"A case was registered against DU professor Nandini Sundar, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) professor Archana Prasad and others by the police on November 5 at Tongpal police station for the murder of Shamnath Baghel on November 4," Superintendent of Police (SP) of Sukma I.K. Elesela told IANS.
Twenty Naxalites from Chandameta area in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh have surrendered to the police with the help of the local people, Superintendent of Police R.N. Dash said on Tuesday.
In an extremely unfortunate incident, at least 13 people were killed and 53 others injured when a bus fell off a small bridge into a dry rivulet in Chhattisgarh.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Shiv Sena MP Ravinder Gaikwad is missing - Watch video
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to nurture and enhance talent?
- DNA: Today in History, 25 March 2017
- PM Narendra Modi's 30th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister? - Part II
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- IPS officer, who had tweeted that Adityanath govt `targeting` Yadav cops, suspended
- Ravindra Gaikwad assaults Air India staffer: Shiv Sena says will 'raise hand' where needed, targets airline
- NYT criticises Yogi Adityanath's appointment as UP CM, India hits back