Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott`s top business advisor on Friday claimed climate change was a ruse encouraged by the United Nations to create a new authoritarian world order under its control.
The Pacific Ocean has warmed in the last two weeks, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology said on Tuesday, renewing signs of the development of an El Nino weather pattern.
A change in climate may be causing more and deadlier tornadoes that are hitting the US, as revealed by a new study.
Observing that humans are the dominant cause of global warming, a UN climate panel has warned that climate change will impact human health, south Asian settlements and infrastructure through flooding, and will aggravate food and water shortages in the region.
Environment Ministers of BASIC countries will meet here to discuss important issues relating to current United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) negotiations.
Ants may be one of the earth`s most powerful biological climate brokers, a study claims.
India today emphasised the need for immediate upscaling of ambition in the Kyoto Protocol second Commitment period and its early ratification by all Kyoto Protocol Parties.
The danger is lurking near us. Scientists now warn that the persistent loss and decline of our biodiversity is leading the humanity to early days of the planet`s sixth mass biological extinction event.
A new study has revealed that a natural cooling fluctuation between 1998 and 2013 largely masked the warming effects of a continued increase in man-made emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
A new study has revealed that the size and age of plants has more impact on their productivity instead of climate that has a relatively minor direct effect on net primary productivity.
Former union minister Jairam Ramesh Thursday said India should be more flexible in its response to climate change otherwise it faces the risk of being isolated by other BASIC nations - Brazil, South Africa and China.
There`s bad news for India on the weather front - the Australian weather bureau has reported that El Nino may be picking up and may onset earlier than predicted.
apan is looking at building a new base on Antarctica so scientists can study air trapped in ice a million years ago, in a bid to better understand climate change, an official said today.
Heat wave conditions abated in Rajasthan today due to light to moderate rain at isolated places.
Heatwave conditions abated at many places in Uttar Pradesh today following light to moderate rains and thundershowers in the past 24 hours.
As many as 50,000 people are likely to attend the December 2015 talks in Paris aimed at forging a UN pact on climate change, host France said today.
Not only climate change, subglacial volcanoes below the West Antarctic ice sheet are also contributing to the melting of Thwaites Glacier - a major river of ice that flows into Antarctica`s Pine Island Bay, a study suggests.
A glacier is a persistent body of dense ice that is constantly moving under its own weight. It forms where the accumulation of snow exceeds its melting and sublimation over many years, often centuries.
Researchers have said that climate engineering cannot help us erase whatever has happened to climate change.
A study on the impacts of climate change in Asia and Africa will be conducted by four new multi-partner research consortia and it will include case studies in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal.
A top UN climate official will visit Bhutan from tomorrow to discuss the challenges faced by the Himalayan nation due to climate change.
An analysis of temperature data since 1500 rules out the possibility that global warming in the industrial era is just a natural fluctuation in the earth`s climate.
A week after publishing the starkest warning yet on the risks of climate change, UN experts meet in Berlin from Monday to assess options for limiting the threat.
Researchers have highlighted the prospect that global industrial civilisation could collapse in near future because of unsustainable resource exploitation and increasingly unequal wealth distribution.
Researchers have shown that Earth`s climate likely will continue to warm during this century on track with previous estimates, despite the recent slowdown in the rate of global warming.
Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Friday morning. The Met office forecast a clear and sunny day.
Researchers have discovered source of climate-active organic aerosol particles, which are extremely low-volatile organic compounds consisting of relatively large molecules which contain an almost equal number of carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen atoms.
Planning Commission member Arun Maira today said that making it mandatory for corporates to spend 2 per cent of their profits on CSR will not benefit the society if they continue to adopt corrupt practices that are damaging to the environment.
As many as 40 germplasm lines of chickpea with resistance to extreme weather conditions like drought, high temperature and salinity have been identified by a city-based crop research institute.
Asia`s growing air pollution - much of it coming from China - is affecting the world`s weather and climate patterns, researchers, including an Indian-origin scientist, have warned.
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India