Former world 400 metres champion Amantle Montsho`s positive dope test at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow was on Friday confirmed by the Games Federation (CGF).
Commonwealth Games silver medallist Shreyasi Singh on Monday expressed pain over Bihar government`s "dry approach" towards her achievement by not honouring her.
Kenya`s Commonwealth Games 10,000 metres silver medallist Florence Kiplagat warmed up in style for the 2014 Chicago Marathon slated for Oct 12 with a stunning win at the County Pensions Fund (CPF) Nairobi Diamond 10-km run.
London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar, undergoing treatment for a neck injury, is desperate to avoid a race against time ahead of the World Championships and Asiad, stage where he would look to make amends for his shocking exit at Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai, who brought laurels with a gold medal in recently-concluded Commonwealth Games, today said he is not bothered about any state benefits and is only focussed about the country in international events.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday presented a cheque of Rs 7.5 lakh to Matsa Santoshi, who won a bronze medal in weightlifting in the recently concluded Commonwealth Games.
Indian Olympic Association president N Ramachandran Saturday said that it will conduct an enquiry into the arrests of IOA Secretary General Rajeev Mehta and international wrestling referee Virender Malik during the Commonwealth Games and will give a report to the Government.
Star grapplers Sushil Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt have decided to skip the FILA World Wrestling Championships to be held next month in Tashkent, Uzbekistan to avoid injuries and preserve themselves for the upcoming Asian Games.
Indian Olympic Committee (IOC) president N. Ramachandran and secretary-general Rajeev Mehta Friday skipped the sports ministry`s felicitation of the medal winners of the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
The Indian medals winners in the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games were today felicitated by the government in the presence of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar for their impressive show in the multi-sport event at a star-studded function here.
The government has sought a report on how Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Secretary General Rajeev Mehta and international wrestling referee Virender Malik were arrested by Police Scotland during the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games, Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said Friday.
Differently-abled and women athletes, especially from the rural areas, Friday drew special praise from cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar as he advised Indian sportspersons to follow their dreams with a single-minded devotion.
Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today felicitated the medal winners of Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014, who are employees of oil PSUs.
The triple jump bronze at the Glasgow is "history" and athlete Arpinder Singh is now looking forward to prove himself at the upcoming Asian Games in Incheon, which will provide him with a stage bigger than the one at Hampden Park.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai may have added a Commonwealth Games gold to his ever-increasing tally of medals but the Lucknow-based `Pistol King` is unhappy with the Uttar Pradesh government`s ignorance towards his achievements and is mulling migration from the state.
Indian weightlifters and doping have finally parted ways, feels a relieved women`s team coach Hansa Sharma, who was at the background as the country`s lifters bagged as many as 12 medals at the Commonwealth Games, thus burying the ghosts associated with the doping menace.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Shiv Sena MP Ravinder Gaikwad is missing - Watch video
- Why is the decision of closing slaughterhouses being opposed?
- DNA: Today in History, 25 March 2017
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to nurture and enhance talent?
- PM Narendra Modi's 30th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- IPS officer, who had tweeted that Adityanath govt `targeting` Yadav cops, suspended
- NYT criticises Yogi Adityanath's appointment as UP CM, India hits back