Former world 400 metres champion Amantle Montsho`s positive dope test at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow was on Friday confirmed by the Games Federation (CGF).
Commonwealth Games silver medallist Shreyasi Singh on Monday expressed pain over Bihar government`s "dry approach" towards her achievement by not honouring her.
Kenya`s Commonwealth Games 10,000 metres silver medallist Florence Kiplagat warmed up in style for the 2014 Chicago Marathon slated for Oct 12 with a stunning win at the County Pensions Fund (CPF) Nairobi Diamond 10-km run.
London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar, undergoing treatment for a neck injury, is desperate to avoid a race against time ahead of the World Championships and Asiad, stage where he would look to make amends for his shocking exit at Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai, who brought laurels with a gold medal in recently-concluded Commonwealth Games, today said he is not bothered about any state benefits and is only focussed about the country in international events.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday presented a cheque of Rs 7.5 lakh to Matsa Santoshi, who won a bronze medal in weightlifting in the recently concluded Commonwealth Games.
Indian Olympic Association president N Ramachandran Saturday said that it will conduct an enquiry into the arrests of IOA Secretary General Rajeev Mehta and international wrestling referee Virender Malik during the Commonwealth Games and will give a report to the Government.
Star grapplers Sushil Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt have decided to skip the FILA World Wrestling Championships to be held next month in Tashkent, Uzbekistan to avoid injuries and preserve themselves for the upcoming Asian Games.
Indian Olympic Committee (IOC) president N. Ramachandran and secretary-general Rajeev Mehta Friday skipped the sports ministry`s felicitation of the medal winners of the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
The Indian medals winners in the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games were today felicitated by the government in the presence of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar for their impressive show in the multi-sport event at a star-studded function here.
The government has sought a report on how Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Secretary General Rajeev Mehta and international wrestling referee Virender Malik were arrested by Police Scotland during the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games, Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said Friday.
Differently-abled and women athletes, especially from the rural areas, Friday drew special praise from cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar as he advised Indian sportspersons to follow their dreams with a single-minded devotion.
Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today felicitated the medal winners of Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014, who are employees of oil PSUs.
The triple jump bronze at the Glasgow is "history" and athlete Arpinder Singh is now looking forward to prove himself at the upcoming Asian Games in Incheon, which will provide him with a stage bigger than the one at Hampden Park.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai may have added a Commonwealth Games gold to his ever-increasing tally of medals but the Lucknow-based `Pistol King` is unhappy with the Uttar Pradesh government`s ignorance towards his achievements and is mulling migration from the state.
Indian weightlifters and doping have finally parted ways, feels a relieved women`s team coach Hansa Sharma, who was at the background as the country`s lifters bagged as many as 12 medals at the Commonwealth Games, thus burying the ghosts associated with the doping menace.
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Demonetisation: Petrol pumps turn into cash counters
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Jayalalithaa death shock killed over 70, claims AIADMK
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analyzing the decision-making process of Time's 'Person of the Year'
- 7-storey under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers
- 'Mannargudi mafia' back in action? A common man can lead AIADMK, says Jayalalithaa's confidante Sasikala's husband
- SHOCKER: Bhuvneshwar Kumar floors umpire Paul Reiffel with 'wicketless' ball — WATCH
- Allahabad HC on triple talaq: Instant divorce is cruel, demeaning which impedes and drags India from becoming nation
- Parliament: Opposition agrees to debate demonetisation without division of votes
- India vs England, 4th Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- US Congress to formally recognise India as major defence partner: Ashton Carter
- Actress Gautami troubled by unanswered questions on Jayalalithaa's death, seeks PM Narendra Modi's help
- Zaheer Khan describes Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech wedding in unusual style