Former world 400 metres champion Amantle Montsho`s positive dope test at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow was on Friday confirmed by the Games Federation (CGF).
Commonwealth Games silver medallist Shreyasi Singh on Monday expressed pain over Bihar government`s "dry approach" towards her achievement by not honouring her.
Kenya`s Commonwealth Games 10,000 metres silver medallist Florence Kiplagat warmed up in style for the 2014 Chicago Marathon slated for Oct 12 with a stunning win at the County Pensions Fund (CPF) Nairobi Diamond 10-km run.
London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar, undergoing treatment for a neck injury, is desperate to avoid a race against time ahead of the World Championships and Asiad, stage where he would look to make amends for his shocking exit at Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai, who brought laurels with a gold medal in recently-concluded Commonwealth Games, today said he is not bothered about any state benefits and is only focussed about the country in international events.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday presented a cheque of Rs 7.5 lakh to Matsa Santoshi, who won a bronze medal in weightlifting in the recently concluded Commonwealth Games.
Indian Olympic Association president N Ramachandran Saturday said that it will conduct an enquiry into the arrests of IOA Secretary General Rajeev Mehta and international wrestling referee Virender Malik during the Commonwealth Games and will give a report to the Government.
Star grapplers Sushil Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt have decided to skip the FILA World Wrestling Championships to be held next month in Tashkent, Uzbekistan to avoid injuries and preserve themselves for the upcoming Asian Games.
Indian Olympic Committee (IOC) president N. Ramachandran and secretary-general Rajeev Mehta Friday skipped the sports ministry`s felicitation of the medal winners of the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
The Indian medals winners in the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games were today felicitated by the government in the presence of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar for their impressive show in the multi-sport event at a star-studded function here.
The government has sought a report on how Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Secretary General Rajeev Mehta and international wrestling referee Virender Malik were arrested by Police Scotland during the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games, Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said Friday.
Differently-abled and women athletes, especially from the rural areas, Friday drew special praise from cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar as he advised Indian sportspersons to follow their dreams with a single-minded devotion.
Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today felicitated the medal winners of Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014, who are employees of oil PSUs.
The triple jump bronze at the Glasgow is "history" and athlete Arpinder Singh is now looking forward to prove himself at the upcoming Asian Games in Incheon, which will provide him with a stage bigger than the one at Hampden Park.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai may have added a Commonwealth Games gold to his ever-increasing tally of medals but the Lucknow-based `Pistol King` is unhappy with the Uttar Pradesh government`s ignorance towards his achievements and is mulling migration from the state.
Indian weightlifters and doping have finally parted ways, feels a relieved women`s team coach Hansa Sharma, who was at the background as the country`s lifters bagged as many as 12 medals at the Commonwealth Games, thus burying the ghosts associated with the doping menace.
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- DNA: All you need to know about Shimla gang-rape case
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- Lesson to learn! Israel's way of dealing with stone pelters
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Naresh Agarwal issues notice against media for reporting his controversial statement in Parliament
- Watch: Dress rehearsal for oath-taking ceremony of President-elect Ram Nath Kovind
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Today In History, July 21, 2017
- Watch: Alarming report on 'wrong-side driving' in India
- DNA: Analysing the article published in China's Global Times about standoff at Dokhlam
- Basirhat: International Muslim Conference scheduled for today cancelled
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to attend PM Modi's dinner for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha leaked online, Akshay Kumar appeals fans to say 'no to piracy'
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- Munna Michael movie review: Cliched and uninspiring
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- OMG! Croc 'returns' body of man after witch doctor summons it: Watch Video
- WATCH: Deepti Sharma takes a stunner to dismiss Nicole Bolton in IND vs AUS WWC 2017 semi-final
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur destroys Australia with rampaging knock in ICC Women's WC semi-final
- Saif Ali Khan writes an open letter on 'nepotism debate' and his apology to Kangana Ranaut
- Pune techie bleeds to death on road; onlookers click photos, videos
- Smriti Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for taking dig at Centre, says ‘thank you’