Last Updated: Thursday, February 27, 2014, 21:01
Italian captain Francesco Schettino lashed out at a media "frenzy" on Thursday after his first return to the Costa Concordia, saying people who accused him of abandoning the ship had not understood "a bloody thing".
Last Updated: Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 19:18
Residents of Italy`s Giglio Island reacted with mixed emotions to the first return visit by captain Francesco Schettino since a tragedy in which 32 people on his Costa Concordia cruise ship died.
Last Updated: Friday, January 24, 2014, 01:44
A team of experts climbed aboard the wrecked Costa Concordia cruise liner for the first time on Thursday, looking for evidence of what happened the night of the fatal crash which killed 32 people.
Last Updated: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 00:57
The shipwrecked Costa Concordia cruise liner could be re-floated by June 2014, the engineer overseeing the long-delayed salvage operation off the Italian island of Giglio said on Saturday.
Last Updated: Monday, November 11, 2013, 19:54
A trainee officer on board the Costa Concordia when it sank off an Italian island last year told a court on Monday that the captain jumped to safety.
Last Updated: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 13:12
Domnica Cemortan described Schettino as a hero for bringing the ship nearer to shore, rather than letting it sink out in the sea, the Mirror reports.
Last Updated: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 09:15
Salvage crews completed raising the wreck of the Costa Concordia in the early hours of Tuesday morning after a 19-hour-long operation on the Italian island of Giglio where the huge cruise liner capsized in January last year.
Last Updated: Monday, September 16, 2013, 09:57
Twenty months after it ran aground, the 114,000 tonnes ship Cost Concordia has been detached from rocks, as the operation to right the ship gathered momentum, officials said Monday.
Last Updated: Saturday, September 07, 2013, 09:58
Italy has given the go-ahead for an ambitious attempt to set upright the Costa Concordia cruise liner, which went aground near an Italian island in 2012, killing 32 people.
Last Updated: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 19:03
An Italian court has convicted five people of manslaughter over the deadly 2012 Costa Concordia shipwreck off Italy on Saturday, BBC reported.
Last Updated: Friday, July 19, 2013, 09:53
The captain of the capsized Costa Concordia has asked the judge at his manslaughter trial to order tests on the cruiseliner`s wreckage.
Last Updated: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 18:32
The trial of cruise ship captain Francesco Schettino resumed on Wednesday, with the defendant dubbed "Italy`s most hated man" facing 20 years in prison for a spectacular 2012 wreck in which 32 people lost their lives.
more videos >>