The BCCI tournament committee has decided to kick start the current domestic season with the Duleep Trophy starting October 15 while the prestigious Ranji Trophy will start from December 7 and continue till March 12.
The Cricket Board (BCCI) has decided to invite title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches for six months only as it expects to earn considerably more from 2015 when the new Future Tours Programme of the ICC kicks in.
With another season of hectic cricket in progress, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today invited title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches.
The Indian squad for the five-match ODI series against England, scheduled after the conclusion of the ongoing five-Test rubber, would be picked here on August 7 by the national selection panel headed by Sandeep Patil.
Describing club cricket as the best form of cricket, legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar today said it teaches players the way to carry weaker member of a team.
Bowing to pressure from Youth Congress activists for its statements against Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over the Duleep Trophy final match here, the Kerala Cricket Association tendered an apology to him for "hurting his sentiments".
With unrelenting bad weather playing spoilsport, North Zone and South Zone were declared joint winners of the Duleep Trophy this year after the fifth day`s play of the final match was also called off without a ball being bowled on Monday.
Only 10 overs of play was possible on the second day of the Duleep Trophy final as North Zone enjoyed the upperhand reducing South Zone to 33 for two in the brief session post tea.
The first day` proceedings of the Duleep Trophy final between North Zone and South Zone was called off without a ball being bowled due to heavy outfield which was not conducive for competitive cricket.
Test specialist Pragyan Ojha`s deadly spell (6/48) of left-arm spin bowling enabled South Zone record a crushing innings and 38 runs victory over Central Zone to clinch a place in the Duleep Trophy final.
Skipper Abhinav Mukund and Baba Aparajith smashed hundreds as South Zone took a firm grip of the Duleep trophy semifinal against Central Zone by reaching 479/9, which gave them a 258-run lead on the third and penultimate day of the match on Saturday.
Ian Dev Singh posted a scintillating 145, while Rajat Paliwal and Nitin Saini also scored unbeaten centuries as North Zone amassed a mamoth 591 for eight declared in their first innings against East Zone on the third day of the Duleep Trophy on Saturday.
South Zone took a commanding position in the Duleep Trophy semifinal as they skittled out Central Zone for a mere 209 before reaching 137 for two in reply on the second day of the match, on Friday.
After notching up a massive win over West Zone last week, South Zone will look for an encore when they clash with last year`s finalists, Central Zone in the second semifinal of the Duleep Trophy here on Thursday.
Fresh from his exploits that helped Mumbai Indians clinch the Champions League Twenty20, Harbhajan Singh is confident of carrying his good form into the longer format as he leads North Zone against defending champions East Zone in Duleep Trophy semi-final, starting here on Thursday.
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- UP polls: Uncle Shivpal figures in Akhilesh Yadav's first list of 191 candidates
- Jallikattu: SC not to pronounce verdict for a week
- DNA: Why thousands of people are protesting in support of Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu?
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Will USA remain same under Donald Trump's leadership as President?
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- BJP finalises second list of candidates for UP polls
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say
- Donald Trump faces massive protests ahead of his oath taking ceremony
- Jallikattu protest a lesson for Hindutva forces, Uniform Civil Code cannot be "imposed": Asaduddin Owaisi
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- Donald Trump signs executive order against Obamacare on Day One
- Zaira Wasim involved in Twitter 'Dangal' with Sports minister Vijay Goel
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!