West Indies batting legend Brian Lara has described as “a self-inflicted blow”, the decision by the Clive Lloyd-led selection panel to exclude Kieron Pollard and Dwayne Bravo from the regional side for the ongoing World Cup.
Winners of the first two World Cups, West Indies head into the 2015 tournament with little or no expectations of success as the chaotic mismanagement of the game in the Caribbean continues to take its toll.
West Indies Twenty20 captain Darren Sammy has said he would not be drawn into the controversy surrounding the omission of Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard from the regional squad for next month’s ICC Cricket World Cup to be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
West Indies chief cricket selector Clive Lloyd has said the omission of Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard from the ICC World Cup squad is no act of victimisation for their roles in the controversial abandoned tour of India.
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron has rejected claims that all-rounders Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard were axed from the World Cup squad because of their roles in the controversial abandoned tour of India.
After playing a whirlwind knock to lead West Indies to a world record T20 win over South Africa on Sunday, swashbuckling batsman Chris Gayle termed the exclusion of Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard from the upcoming ICC 2015 Cricket World Cup squad as ridiculous.
Off-spinner Sunil Narine, who was reported twice for suspect bowling action during the Champions League T20 in India last year, was on Sunday named in West Indies' 15-member squad for the World Cup beginning next month, but former captain Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard were left out.
No matter which format they play, West Indies have become a formidable side in all formats of the game. Reason being, they have some established names like Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo and Darren Sammy, who apart from being big-hitters, can be handy with the ball as well.
St. Vincent and the Grenadines Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves called on the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) to reverse its decision to axe three senior players, including former captain Dwayne Bravo, from the West Indies One Day International (ODI) squad.
The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron has said its decision to approve a recommendation for rookie fast bowler Jason Holder to be appointed new One-Day International (ODI) captain was unanimous.