Electrocution

National-level wrestler Vishal Kumar Verma dies of electrocution at flooded stadium

National-level wrestler Vishal Kumar Verma dies of electrocution at flooded stadium

The 25-year-old was spotted by locals lying unconscious and was taken to the nearby Sadar Hospital where doctors declared him dead.

Aug 09, 2017, 18:05 PM IST
Electrocution of wild animals increasing, experts raise concerns

Electrocution of wild animals increasing, experts raise concerns

According to experts, while shooting is risky and poisoning often harms cattle, leading to an uproar from the villagers, electrocution is a silent way that mostly goes undetected.
 

Jan 29, 2017, 23:50 PM IST
5 electrocuted near Jaipur

5 electrocuted near Jaipur

Five persons were electrocuted to death when a tandoor with iron angles came in contact with a high tension electricity line near Jaipur late Friday night, police said.

Oct 29, 2016, 11:26 AM IST
Appalling! MP witnesses 13 tiger deaths; electrocution, poisoning quoted as reasons

Appalling! MP witnesses 13 tiger deaths; electrocution, poisoning quoted as reasons

As per reports, 13 tigers have died in two national parks in MP and the reasons behind this are electrocution, poisoning, diseases etc.

Oct 16, 2016, 10:39 AM IST

Six electrocuted, over 20 injured as bus touches live wire in Odisha

At least six persons were electrocuted and over 20 injured when a bus came in contact with a live wire in Odisha's Dhenkanal district on Tuesday.

Sep 20, 2016, 20:44 PM IST

58 Iraqis died of electrocution during heavy rains: Ministry

Fifty-eight Iraqis died of electrocution during heavy rains and flooding last week, the health ministry said today, illustrating the dangers posed by the country's dilapidated infrastructure.

Nov 06, 2015, 02:56 AM IST

Three die of electrocution in Telangana

Three youth died of electrocution while another was injured during Ganesh immersion procession in Telangana's Adilabad district in the early hours of Thursday, police said.

Sep 24, 2015, 14:40 PM IST

Varsity student electrocuted in hostel room in Kanpur

A 24-year-old student of Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology here died on Tuesday due to electrocution at his hostel room, police said.

Sep 08, 2015, 14:17 PM IST

16 children injured in electric shock in school

 Sixteen children were on Wednesday injured when they received electric shock at the gate of a government primary school in Chhattisgarh's Koriya district, a senior police officer said.

Jul 08, 2015, 20:53 PM IST

Three kids electrocuted in Uttar Pradesh

Three children were electrocuted on Monday in Uttar Pradeh when they came in contact with a live wire that was lying unnoticed in an inundated agricultural land, police said.

Jul 06, 2015, 15:55 PM IST

Teacher dies while charging mobile phone in Jaisalmer

A 35-year-old government primary teacher was electrocuted while charging his mobile phone in a temple near Raiko-ki-Dhani in Jaisalmer district, police said on Sunday.

Jul 05, 2015, 16:40 PM IST

NHRC issues notice to Delhi govt over electrocution death

National Human Rights Commission on Wednesday issued notices to Delhi Government and police seeking reports over a death due to electrocution inside a public toilet in Shakarpur area of the city.

Jul 01, 2015, 14:40 PM IST

Bihar: Two killed as 11000 KV electric line falls on them

Two persons were electrocuted when a high voltage power line snapped and fell on them in Munger district of Bihar during the early hours on Tuesday.

Jun 30, 2015, 12:53 PM IST

Two electrocuted to death due to heavy rains in Mumbai

A 60-year-old man and his grandson were electrocuted at Wadala in central Mumbai on Friday as incessant rains continued to lash the city.

Jun 20, 2015, 01:02 AM IST

Policeman, two others die of electrocution in MP

Three persons were killed and two others were injured when an over-head high tension electricity cable got snapped and fell on them at Uttampura locality here, police said.

Mar 21, 2015, 15:41 PM IST

NDMC terminates engineer after electrocution incident

A junior engineer of the North Delhi Municipal Corporation was on Friday terminated following an electrocution incident in a park in Pitampura area, which claimed the lives of a man and his pet dog.

Jan 23, 2015, 23:29 PM IST

Leopardess found electrocuted in Maharashtra

A leopardess was found electrocuted in Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) here this morning, forest officials said.

Jan 17, 2015, 21:50 PM IST

Two minors electrocuted in Bihar

Two minor boys were electrocuted on Saturday when an overhead electric wire snapped and fell on them in Bihar's Nawada district, a police officer said.

Dec 27, 2014, 16:15 PM IST

Four killed as bus touches high-tension wire in Nepal

Four persons were electrocuted to death and eight others injured when a passenger bus carrying them touched a high-voltage wire on a highway in Nepal.

Dec 22, 2014, 21:26 PM IST

Leopard electrocuted by poachers in MP

A leopard was Wednesday allegedly electrocuted by unidentified poachers near Kudra forest area, around 25 km from here, a forest official said.

Nov 26, 2014, 18:49 PM IST