As astronomers speculate the fate of Comet ISON, here are a few fun facts about the much anticipated comet also called the `Comet of the century`.
When and who discovered
• Inequality in earnings has doubled in India over the last two decades, making it the worst performer on this count of all emerging economies. The top 10% of wage earners now make 12 times more
• Rural residents of Madhya Pradesh and Delhi face 70% and 55% chances, respectively, of being prescribed the wrong treatment.
• 200 grams of white rice would approx contain 420 calories
• Dinesh Trivedi is a member of the All India Trinamool Congress party.
• Trivedi started his political career with the Congress party in the 1980s.
• In 1998 Trivedi joined Mamata
• Anand Kumar is the Chief Advisor Affairs in JNU.
• Kumar came to JNU in 1972, from Banaras Hindu University, after completing M.A. in Sociology.
• Kumar was appointed Associate
• Amish Tripathi is an eminent Indian writer.
• Tripathi always wanted to be a historian, but due to high expenses involved he did not choose that profession.
• Before choosing writing
• Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a spiritual leader and founder of the Art of Living Foundation.
• The Art of Living Foundation aims to relieve individual stress, societal problems and violence
• Harsimrat is a Member of Parliament from Bhatinda.
• She belongs to Shiromani Akali Dal party.
• She married Sukhbir Singh Badal in 1991.
• Her political career started with
• According to a 2007 report, 27,80,559 persons were arrested under IPC and 40,87,246 persons were arrested under special and local laws.
• As per a survey done in 2011, 2,19,142 crimes
• Agnivesh is a self- proclaimed Arya Samaj Scholar and social activist.
• Agnivesh became a member of the Legislative Assembly of Haryana in 1977
• Swami Agnivesh served as a Cabinet
• Vohra is a media advisor on various behavioral sciences, psychiatric, psychological and social issues
• He has given expert comments on criminal psychology, terrorism psychology.
•Yashwant Sinha is an Indian politician and former finance minister of India (1990–1991) under Prime Minister Chandra Shekhar and March 1998 – July 2002 under Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Oscar Fernandes is an Indian politician, a senior leader of the Indian National Congress party.
Fernandes is the present Union Cabinet Minister for Transport, Road and Highways.
1. Sanjay is a third time member of the Indian Parliament.
2. He has served two terms as MP in the Rajya Sabha and currently in the Lok Sabha representing North Mumbai.
3. He is a member
1. A new case is registered regarding crime against women every 20 minutes in India.
2. According to the National Crime Records Bureau, 206 rape cases were registered in India in 2011.
Zee Media Bureau
The Washington-based Global Financial Integrity in November 2010 report estimates that over a 60-year period, India lost $213 billion in illicit financial flows beginning
• Consumer Price Index in India increased to 231 Index Points in June, 2013 from 228 Index Points in May, 2013
• The rise in food prices has pushed 44 million people into poverty since June
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed BJP`s
demand for apology from the Prime Minister and the UPA
chairperson in the cash-for vote scam, saying the opposition
party should place the facts
Many might consider Formula One to be a super car race on beautiful stretches all around the world. Well, there are quite a few facts that most of us do not know and believe me you will love to
Jammu: The BJP on Tuesday asked the Central
government to obtain all information about ISI operative and
separatist Kashmiri leader Ghulam Nabi Fai from the FBI and
share it with people of the
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja
and Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, arrested for
their role in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, were "evasive"
and "hiding real facts" during
New Delhi: About 1,200 moving lights, 25
stacks of speakers and about 2,700 shots of fireworks spread
across the roof of the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium combined with
a stage weighing 500 tonnes
Here are some interesting facts on Shakespeare.
· All Uranus` satellites are named after Shakespearean characters.
· Shakespeare mainly relied on scenes from his childhood, common country
Compiled By: Smita Mishra
We all know that earth is a sphere, three-fourths of it is covered with water; it is the only planet in the universe which is known to have life. We have grown up
On the 60th Republic Day of the nation these are the sixty facts that you should know about the constitution.
1. The first seeds of a republican nation were sowed at the Lahore session of the
Day in Pics: 22nd October
Showbiz World - October 22, 2014
Aamir Khan's sensational 'PK' posters