Singaporean businessman Eric Ding Si Yang was sentenced to three years in jail on Thursday after being found guilty of bribing three Lebanese soccer referees with prostitutes to fix a match.
Bangladesh cricket authorities banned former captain Mohammad Ashraful for eight years on Wednesday after he was found guilty of match-fixing during a domestic Twenty20 tournament.
Nigeria`s World Cup warm-up friendly against Scotland in London is reported to be the subject of a match-fixing investigation by police.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has reportedly defended the work of its Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU), despite announcing a review into how the sport cracks down on fixing.
Around 10 players of Vietnam`s XM Vissai Ninh Binh team have admitted to taking money to fix an AFC Cup match last month, according to the state-run media on Friday.
BCCI President N Srinivasan, who had a cataract surgery on Wednesday, continued to remain silent on the Supreme Court observation that he should step down for a fair probe into IPL fixing scandal.
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday resume hearing on the findings of the Justice Mudgal Committee`s investigation into corruption in the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament.
Former New Zealand international Lou Vincent confirmed Thursday that he failed to tell authorities when a bookmaker approached him about fixing a match in Bangladesh, but said that was the extent of any wrongdoing.
The Delhi Police on Monday filed in court a supplementary charge sheet in the IPL spot-fixing case against alleged bookie Chandresh Jain alias Jupiter, who is claimed to be linked with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and his aide Chhota Shakeel in the organised crime syndicate.
A division bench of Bombay High Court on Wednesday decided to hear a public interest litigation seeking a joint probe by central agencies, such as Income Tax department, Enforcement Directorate and CBI, into the alleged nexus of cricket players and bookies in the judges` chamber.
With betting in IPL tournament estimated to be around Rs 66,000 crore business, CBI Director Ranjit Sinha on Tuesday said there is no harm in legalising betting as there was no point in a ban which cannot be enforced.
The Supreme Court-instituted three-member committee probing the IPL spot-fixing scandal will speak to banned pacer S Sreesanth, Rajasthan Royals co-owner c and a few others, including commentator Harsha Bhogle, when it meets for three days here starting November 16.
Two more accused in the IPL spot- fixing case on Thursday granted interim bail by a Delhi court on grounds of "parity" with cricketers S Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavann and Ajit Chandila of Rajasthan Royals and 24 others, who are already out on bail.
Dilip Vengsarkar revealed that after the pre-match press conference, Dawood visited the Indian dressing room and was introduced as a businessman.
A Delhi court today granted interim bail to three alleged bookies, arrested in IPL spot-fixing case along with three suspended cricketers, on the ground that the "investigation" against them was complete.
The Supreme Court-appointed committee probing the IPL spot-fixing scandal has called on people having any information on the allegations of betting against BCCI President N Srinivasan`s son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan and other accused to share their inputs with the panel.
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Apollo Hospitals reveal why they didn't release photos of J Jayalalithaa
- Mark the date – Watch this year's only breathtaking 'ring of fire' solar eclipse on February 26
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- Kansas shooting: Donald Trump is the primary reason, says Srinivas Kuchibhotla's relative