Singaporean businessman Eric Ding Si Yang was sentenced to three years in jail on Thursday after being found guilty of bribing three Lebanese soccer referees with prostitutes to fix a match.
Bangladesh cricket authorities banned former captain Mohammad Ashraful for eight years on Wednesday after he was found guilty of match-fixing during a domestic Twenty20 tournament.
Nigeria`s World Cup warm-up friendly against Scotland in London is reported to be the subject of a match-fixing investigation by police.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has reportedly defended the work of its Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU), despite announcing a review into how the sport cracks down on fixing.
Around 10 players of Vietnam`s XM Vissai Ninh Binh team have admitted to taking money to fix an AFC Cup match last month, according to the state-run media on Friday.
BCCI President N Srinivasan, who had a cataract surgery on Wednesday, continued to remain silent on the Supreme Court observation that he should step down for a fair probe into IPL fixing scandal.
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday resume hearing on the findings of the Justice Mudgal Committee`s investigation into corruption in the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament.
Former New Zealand international Lou Vincent confirmed Thursday that he failed to tell authorities when a bookmaker approached him about fixing a match in Bangladesh, but said that was the extent of any wrongdoing.
The Delhi Police on Monday filed in court a supplementary charge sheet in the IPL spot-fixing case against alleged bookie Chandresh Jain alias Jupiter, who is claimed to be linked with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and his aide Chhota Shakeel in the organised crime syndicate.
A division bench of Bombay High Court on Wednesday decided to hear a public interest litigation seeking a joint probe by central agencies, such as Income Tax department, Enforcement Directorate and CBI, into the alleged nexus of cricket players and bookies in the judges` chamber.
With betting in IPL tournament estimated to be around Rs 66,000 crore business, CBI Director Ranjit Sinha on Tuesday said there is no harm in legalising betting as there was no point in a ban which cannot be enforced.
The Supreme Court-instituted three-member committee probing the IPL spot-fixing scandal will speak to banned pacer S Sreesanth, Rajasthan Royals co-owner c and a few others, including commentator Harsha Bhogle, when it meets for three days here starting November 16.
Two more accused in the IPL spot- fixing case on Thursday granted interim bail by a Delhi court on grounds of "parity" with cricketers S Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavann and Ajit Chandila of Rajasthan Royals and 24 others, who are already out on bail.
Dilip Vengsarkar revealed that after the pre-match press conference, Dawood visited the Indian dressing room and was introduced as a businessman.
A Delhi court today granted interim bail to three alleged bookies, arrested in IPL spot-fixing case along with three suspended cricketers, on the ground that the "investigation" against them was complete.
The Supreme Court-appointed committee probing the IPL spot-fixing scandal has called on people having any information on the allegations of betting against BCCI President N Srinivasan`s son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan and other accused to share their inputs with the panel.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realizes highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster