State Election Commission has made 1,86,460 preventive arrests so far under CrPC to instill a sense of safety among voters and organise free and fair polls in Gujarat.
Praising Gujarat chief minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for his efficiency, senior party leader Sushma Swaraj claimed here today that BJP would win all 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat under his leadership.
The State Election Commission has made 1,86,460 preventive arrests so far under CrPC to instill a sense of safety among voters and organise free and fair polls in Gujarat.
Bye-elections to two Lok Sabha and four Assembly seats in Gujarat did not enthuse the voters much going by their low turnout on Sunday.
Continuing its good showing in the Assembly elections, the BJP on Tuesday posted impressive wins in civic polls by winning 47 of the 76 municipalities.
The Election Commission has reprimanded BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu for violating the Model Code of Conduct by making personal remarks against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the Gujarat poll campaign.
Newly-elected MLAs in Gujarat will take oath on January 22 and the newly-constituted state Assembly will have its first session the next day when the new Speaker will be elected.
The Nationalist Congress Party has hinted that it would have to rethink on its alliance with the UPA in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and assembly polls.
If results of Gujarat Assembly polls an indicator, dalits and tribals in the state remained stuck to their party preferences.
After Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s hat-trick in the state assembly elections, Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh Saturday accused the BJP of paying Rs 500 to each Muslim in the state to stop them from voting.
Downplaying contentions that Narendra Modi has shored up his claim for BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate after Gujarat victory Digvijay Singh said the CM faces a "bigger enemy within".
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s silence over the victory of Narendra Modi in the just concluded Gujarat polls might be `deliberate`, sources close to him said.
Sixteen women candidates emerged victorious in the Gujarat assembly elections, same as last time, 12 of whom belonged to BJP and four from Congress.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday congratulated his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi for completing a hat-trick in the state assembly elections.
Ruling BJP`s march towards a two-third majority was halted by the presence of Keshubhai Patel`s party in Saurashtra and the saffron outfit suffered reverses in Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s own backyard of north Gujarat.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda congratulated his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi for accomplishing a hat-trick in the Assembly elections, and said people of the state voted for development.
India Inc on Thursday congratulated BJP and Congress on their respective wins in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls.
BJP leaders in Bihar celebrated party victory in Gujarat under leadership of Narendra Modi.
Arun Jaitley said on Thursday that what role Narendra Modi will take in future at the national level will be discussed in due course of time.
Social activist Medha Patkar said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was not acceptable to country as a Prime Ministerial candidate as debate raged on the BJP leader`s possible national ambitions.
Describing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s decisive win in Gujarat Assembly polls as "historic" Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray said Congress would meet same fate in Maharashtra.
Karnataka unit BJP on Thursday hailed the party`s victory in Gujarat assembly elections for a third successive term, describing the mandate as a "vote for development".
Buoyed by the tremendous success of his party in Gujarat’s fiercely contested assembly elections, incumbent Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said that it was the victory of 6 crore people of his state.
Narendra Modi took to twitter and blog on Wednesday to thank his supporters for voting him back to power in Gujarat for a third time in a row.
Even as Narendra Modi is well on the road to make a hat-trick in Gujarat, five incumbent BJP ministers lost the electoral battle.
Press Council chairman Justice Markandey Katju seems to be unhappy with the development claims made by the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Supporters of incumbent Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi began celebrations in different parts of the country.
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said on Wednesday evaded the question of Narendra Modi playing a bigger role at the national level.
After securing victory in Gujarat Assembly Elections, the state’s Chief Minister Narendra Modi reached Keshubhai Patel`s residence to seek his blessings.
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- I dream of a Digital India where knowledge is strength: PM Modi
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- Nehru's Wikipedia page 'edited' by Govt department, alleges Congress
- ISI funding NGOs in India to promote terror: RAW
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan is really special for Salman Khan
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- Cases of drunken driving on the rise in Mumbai
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security arrangements
- Court Stops the Release of Sunny Deol's film Mohalla Assi
- Lalit Modi claims Varun Gandhi offered to help settle matters with Sonia
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Bihar polls: PM Modi to address first election rally in Muzaffarpur on July 25
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP's national training workshop
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- Top 5 reasons to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- Amarnath yatra gets underway as first batch flagged-off
- Modi govt politically dishonest, has no values: Govindacharya
- Indian Ocean cannot be backyard of India: China
- Look inside: Shahid, Mira Rajput's wedding card, Gurgaon hotel set for big day!
- July 7 wedding: What will Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput wear on D-day?
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis