State Election Commission has made 1,86,460 preventive arrests so far under CrPC to instill a sense of safety among voters and organise free and fair polls in Gujarat.
Praising Gujarat chief minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for his efficiency, senior party leader Sushma Swaraj claimed here today that BJP would win all 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat under his leadership.
The State Election Commission has made 1,86,460 preventive arrests so far under CrPC to instill a sense of safety among voters and organise free and fair polls in Gujarat.
Bye-elections to two Lok Sabha and four Assembly seats in Gujarat did not enthuse the voters much going by their low turnout on Sunday.
Continuing its good showing in the Assembly elections, the BJP on Tuesday posted impressive wins in civic polls by winning 47 of the 76 municipalities.
The Election Commission has reprimanded BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu for violating the Model Code of Conduct by making personal remarks against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the Gujarat poll campaign.
Newly-elected MLAs in Gujarat will take oath on January 22 and the newly-constituted state Assembly will have its first session the next day when the new Speaker will be elected.
The Nationalist Congress Party has hinted that it would have to rethink on its alliance with the UPA in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and assembly polls.
If results of Gujarat Assembly polls an indicator, dalits and tribals in the state remained stuck to their party preferences.
After Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s hat-trick in the state assembly elections, Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh Saturday accused the BJP of paying Rs 500 to each Muslim in the state to stop them from voting.
Downplaying contentions that Narendra Modi has shored up his claim for BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate after Gujarat victory Digvijay Singh said the CM faces a "bigger enemy within".
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s silence over the victory of Narendra Modi in the just concluded Gujarat polls might be `deliberate`, sources close to him said.
Sixteen women candidates emerged victorious in the Gujarat assembly elections, same as last time, 12 of whom belonged to BJP and four from Congress.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday congratulated his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi for completing a hat-trick in the state assembly elections.
Ruling BJP`s march towards a two-third majority was halted by the presence of Keshubhai Patel`s party in Saurashtra and the saffron outfit suffered reverses in Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s own backyard of north Gujarat.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda congratulated his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi for accomplishing a hat-trick in the Assembly elections, and said people of the state voted for development.
India Inc on Thursday congratulated BJP and Congress on their respective wins in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls.
BJP leaders in Bihar celebrated party victory in Gujarat under leadership of Narendra Modi.
Arun Jaitley said on Thursday that what role Narendra Modi will take in future at the national level will be discussed in due course of time.
Social activist Medha Patkar said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was not acceptable to country as a Prime Ministerial candidate as debate raged on the BJP leader`s possible national ambitions.
Describing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s decisive win in Gujarat Assembly polls as "historic" Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray said Congress would meet same fate in Maharashtra.
Karnataka unit BJP on Thursday hailed the party`s victory in Gujarat assembly elections for a third successive term, describing the mandate as a "vote for development".
Buoyed by the tremendous success of his party in Gujarat’s fiercely contested assembly elections, incumbent Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said that it was the victory of 6 crore people of his state.
Narendra Modi took to twitter and blog on Wednesday to thank his supporters for voting him back to power in Gujarat for a third time in a row.
Even as Narendra Modi is well on the road to make a hat-trick in Gujarat, five incumbent BJP ministers lost the electoral battle.
Press Council chairman Justice Markandey Katju seems to be unhappy with the development claims made by the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Supporters of incumbent Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi began celebrations in different parts of the country.
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said on Wednesday evaded the question of Narendra Modi playing a bigger role at the national level.
After securing victory in Gujarat Assembly Elections, the state’s Chief Minister Narendra Modi reached Keshubhai Patel`s residence to seek his blessings.
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Noorjahan solar lanterns brighten up UP village!
- Shiv Sena calls Aamir Khan 'idiot Ranchhoddas', questions his patriotism
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Salt water bath: Know why it's good for your health!
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Sheena Bora case: Despite jail sufferings, Indrani remains loyal to Peter, says he is innocent