Australia clinched their third hockey World Cup by successfully defending the title they had won four years ago in New Delhi when they thrashed hosts Netherlands 6-1 in the final at the Kyocera Stadium here Sunday.
A dismal ninth-place finish in the World Cup notwithstanding, Indian coach Terry Walsh chose to see the brighter side and said that the team is trying to mix the Asian and European styles of hockey that can be troublesome for the rivals.
Akashdeep Singh scored two goals as India posted a comfortable 3-0 win over Asian champions South Korea to finish a lowly ninth in the men`s hockey World Cup at the Kyocera Stadium here on Saturday.
Olympic silver medalists The Netherlands defeated England 1-0 to enter the final of the men`s hockey World Cup at the Kyocera Stadium here on Friday.
Dejected at failing to improve upon their eight-place finish of the last edition, India have a lot at stake in the ninth-position playoff against South Korea in the men`s hockey World Cup here.
Reigning Olympic gold medallists The Netherlands outplayed defending champions Argentina to set up a women`s hockey World Cup title encounter with Australia.
Hockey India on Wednesday constituted a strong 11-member committee to evaluate India`s pathetic performance in the ongoing World Cup at The Hague, Netherlands.
Indian hockey seems a work in progress, feels Dutch legend Floris Jan Bovelander who wants the erstwhile champions of the game to re-assert their right among the new elite nations.
With both their men`s and women`s teams marching into the semifinals, Australia, Argentina and the Netherlands would be eyeing the golden double when the last-four stage of the FIH Hockey World Cup is played out over the next two days here.
Olympic silver medallist The Netherlands have set up a semifinal encounter with England in the men`s hockey World Cup here.
The United States set up a semifinal encounter with Australia after registering a 4-2 victory over South Africa in the Women`s Hockey World Cup here.
Argentina made their maiden appearance in the men`s hockey World Cup semifinals after posting a comprehensive 5-1 victory over South Africa at the Kyocera Stadium here today.
England defeated Belgium 3-2 to clinch a berth in the semifinals of the men`s hockey World Cup at the Kyocera Stadium here today.
Olympic silver medallists The Netherlands stormed into the men`s hockey World Cup semifinals with a runaway 7-1 victory over South Africa at the Kyocera Stadium.
Buoyed by their triumph over Malaysia, India would face their toughest challenge so far when they take on unbeaten reigning champions Australia in their final preliminary game of the hockey World Cup here tomorrow.
Penalty corner specialist Gonzalo Peillat`s three-goal burst kept Argentina on course for making the semifinals of the men`s hockey World Cup with a resounding 5-0 victory over Asian champions South Korea at the Kyocera Stadium here on Sunday.
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Mahakaushal Express train derailed near Mahoba station, many passengers injured
- Kolkata: Fire breaks out in Golden Park hotel
- India defeat Australia by eight wickets, reclaim Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- UP govt cancels board exams in 54 centres after leap in cheating cases
- DNA: IT dept attaches assets worth Rs 33 crore 'linked' to Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Narendra Modi third most successful PM in Indian history: Ramachandra Guha
- India vs Australia: Gujarat Lions coach Brad Hodge tenders timely apology to Virat Kohli and 'people of India'; says he meant no 'ill intention'
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- With Yogi Adityanath as CM, UP 'babus' give up 'nawabi' habits, embrace new work culture
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- Oppo sacks Chinese employee who insulted Indian flag
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- Samajwadi Party rift widens, Mulayam cancels dinner after party MLAs warned not to attend
- 'Power greedy Aam Aadmi Party looted citizens of Delhi'