Manish Pandey played an absolute blinder as Kolkata Knight Riders held their nerves to beat a spirited Kings XI Punjab by three wickets in an exhilarting summit clash to win the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League here today.
Jayanto Bhowmick`s voice was choked as he spoke about his favourite ward Wriddhiman Saha`s "career-defining knock" which he felt came at the right time in his career.
More things change, more they remain the same. This is true, especially for Kolkata Knight Riders` spinner Sunil Narine.
The focus has remained firmly on cricket this time around and in what seems to be the perfect finale, the season`s most consistent team Kings XI Punjab would eye a maiden triumph against the ever-resilient Kolkata Knight Riders in the title clash of the seventh Indian Premier League here on Sunday.
In what promises to be a high octane IPL final here tomorrow, skippers of Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders -- George Bailey and Gautam Gambhir respectively -- are focusing on their strengths instead of thinking much about each other`s potential.
After Kings XI Punjab stormed into their first IPL final riding on Virender Sehwag`s century, the opener compared coach Sanjay Bangar to former India coach Gary Kirsten, who was in charge when the team triumphed in the 2011 World Cup.
The run-outs of Suresh Raina and Brendon McCullum saw Chennai Super Kings lose momentum when chasing the huge target set by Kings XI Punjab in the IPL Qualifier 2, said CSK`s coach Stephen Fleming after his side lost by 24 runs at the Wankhede Stadium.
West Indies spinner Sunil Narine will miss next month`s three-test series against New Zealand after opting to stay with his Indian Premier League team, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has said.
Kings XI Punjab`s Virender Sehwag smashed a match winning knock of 122 runs against Chennai Super Kings on Friday.
Irrespective of the the side one was one, it was hard not to enjoy that innings from Virender Sehwag.
As his tenure will come to an end after the conclusion of the IPL final on June 1, BCCI-IPL president Sunil Gavaskar feels effective implementation of ideas is a big challenge for any former player who wants to don the administrator`s hat.
Kings XI Punjab has been the most successful IPL team of the on-going edition thus far. The franchise has won 11 matches out of the fifteen they have played. KXIP started off the edition on a winning note and kept that momentum going.
In the second qualifier of the India Premier League`s 7th edition, the most successful team in the history of the tournament, Chennai Super Kings will lock horns with the most consistent team of this edition, Kings XI Punjab, later in the day at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Crashed out of the Indian Premier League after going down to Chennai Super Kings in the Eliminator, Mumbai Indians head coach John Wright admitted that the reigning champions were completely outplayed in all departments of the game.
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV-C35 with eight satellites
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Must watch video! This is how young Indian envoy silenced Pakistan at the United Nations