Manish Pandey played an absolute blinder as Kolkata Knight Riders held their nerves to beat a spirited Kings XI Punjab by three wickets in an exhilarting summit clash to win the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League here today.
Jayanto Bhowmick`s voice was choked as he spoke about his favourite ward Wriddhiman Saha`s "career-defining knock" which he felt came at the right time in his career.
More things change, more they remain the same. This is true, especially for Kolkata Knight Riders` spinner Sunil Narine.
The focus has remained firmly on cricket this time around and in what seems to be the perfect finale, the season`s most consistent team Kings XI Punjab would eye a maiden triumph against the ever-resilient Kolkata Knight Riders in the title clash of the seventh Indian Premier League here on Sunday.
In what promises to be a high octane IPL final here tomorrow, skippers of Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders -- George Bailey and Gautam Gambhir respectively -- are focusing on their strengths instead of thinking much about each other`s potential.
After Kings XI Punjab stormed into their first IPL final riding on Virender Sehwag`s century, the opener compared coach Sanjay Bangar to former India coach Gary Kirsten, who was in charge when the team triumphed in the 2011 World Cup.
The run-outs of Suresh Raina and Brendon McCullum saw Chennai Super Kings lose momentum when chasing the huge target set by Kings XI Punjab in the IPL Qualifier 2, said CSK`s coach Stephen Fleming after his side lost by 24 runs at the Wankhede Stadium.
West Indies spinner Sunil Narine will miss next month`s three-test series against New Zealand after opting to stay with his Indian Premier League team, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has said.
Kings XI Punjab`s Virender Sehwag smashed a match winning knock of 122 runs against Chennai Super Kings on Friday.
Irrespective of the the side one was one, it was hard not to enjoy that innings from Virender Sehwag.
As his tenure will come to an end after the conclusion of the IPL final on June 1, BCCI-IPL president Sunil Gavaskar feels effective implementation of ideas is a big challenge for any former player who wants to don the administrator`s hat.
Kings XI Punjab has been the most successful IPL team of the on-going edition thus far. The franchise has won 11 matches out of the fifteen they have played. KXIP started off the edition on a winning note and kept that momentum going.
In the second qualifier of the India Premier League`s 7th edition, the most successful team in the history of the tournament, Chennai Super Kings will lock horns with the most consistent team of this edition, Kings XI Punjab, later in the day at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Crashed out of the Indian Premier League after going down to Chennai Super Kings in the Eliminator, Mumbai Indians head coach John Wright admitted that the reigning champions were completely outplayed in all departments of the game.
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Meet our highly trained surgical strike specialist 'Para Special Forces'
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organisations in PoK
- DNA: Analyzing surgical strike operations and special commandos by various countries
- Panel discussion on why Salman Khan is backing Pakistani actors
- Army chief, Defence Minister were monitoring surgical strikes in Pakistan
- Nawaz Sharif calls cabinet meeting after India's surgical strikes
- Liquor ban in Bihar is Illegal: Patna High Court
- Salman Khan backs Pakistani actors, says artistes are not terrorists
- DNA: Today in History, 29th September, 2016
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Pakistan postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out, new dates to be announced soon
- Pakistan in shock after Indian Army's surgical strikes: Manohar Parrikar
- UK doctor examines Jayalalithaa, various rumours about her health condition go viral
- Record blackmoney declaration: Rs 65,250 crore mopped up under Income Declaration Scheme
- Ravi Shastri lashes out at Virat Kohli for flop show in 1st innings at Eden Gardens
- Baffled by India's surgical strikes, Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor sector
- Massive titanosaur footprints found in Gobi desert
- Pak Army in panic mode as public backlash looms large after India's surgical strikes
- US talks tough, objects to Pakistan's nuclear warfare threats against India
- Vodafone new Tariff plan: At just Rs 399 get 3G data, SMS, STD and Local calls –Know details