Manish Pandey played an absolute blinder as Kolkata Knight Riders held their nerves to beat a spirited Kings XI Punjab by three wickets in an exhilarting summit clash to win the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League here today.
Jayanto Bhowmick`s voice was choked as he spoke about his favourite ward Wriddhiman Saha`s "career-defining knock" which he felt came at the right time in his career.
More things change, more they remain the same. This is true, especially for Kolkata Knight Riders` spinner Sunil Narine.
The focus has remained firmly on cricket this time around and in what seems to be the perfect finale, the season`s most consistent team Kings XI Punjab would eye a maiden triumph against the ever-resilient Kolkata Knight Riders in the title clash of the seventh Indian Premier League here on Sunday.
In what promises to be a high octane IPL final here tomorrow, skippers of Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders -- George Bailey and Gautam Gambhir respectively -- are focusing on their strengths instead of thinking much about each other`s potential.
After Kings XI Punjab stormed into their first IPL final riding on Virender Sehwag`s century, the opener compared coach Sanjay Bangar to former India coach Gary Kirsten, who was in charge when the team triumphed in the 2011 World Cup.
The run-outs of Suresh Raina and Brendon McCullum saw Chennai Super Kings lose momentum when chasing the huge target set by Kings XI Punjab in the IPL Qualifier 2, said CSK`s coach Stephen Fleming after his side lost by 24 runs at the Wankhede Stadium.
West Indies spinner Sunil Narine will miss next month`s three-test series against New Zealand after opting to stay with his Indian Premier League team, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has said.
Kings XI Punjab`s Virender Sehwag smashed a match winning knock of 122 runs against Chennai Super Kings on Friday.
Irrespective of the the side one was one, it was hard not to enjoy that innings from Virender Sehwag.
As his tenure will come to an end after the conclusion of the IPL final on June 1, BCCI-IPL president Sunil Gavaskar feels effective implementation of ideas is a big challenge for any former player who wants to don the administrator`s hat.
Kings XI Punjab has been the most successful IPL team of the on-going edition thus far. The franchise has won 11 matches out of the fifteen they have played. KXIP started off the edition on a winning note and kept that momentum going.
In the second qualifier of the India Premier League`s 7th edition, the most successful team in the history of the tournament, Chennai Super Kings will lock horns with the most consistent team of this edition, Kings XI Punjab, later in the day at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Crashed out of the Indian Premier League after going down to Chennai Super Kings in the Eliminator, Mumbai Indians head coach John Wright admitted that the reigning champions were completely outplayed in all departments of the game.
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Apollo Hospitals reveal why they didn't release photos of J Jayalalithaa
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day