Indian team’s winning streak in ODIs continued as they won their sixth ODI title in a row as they thrashed West Indies by 5 wickets in the third and final ODI played at Kanpur on Wednesday.
Shikhar Dhawan is fast becoming a symbol of consistency as the southpaw on Wednesday slammed his fifth ODI century of 2013.
Shikhar Dhawan has been in the form of his life since his comeback into the Indian team last March and the dashing opener wants to continue with the "good habit" of scoring centuries and winning a lot more matches for India across all formats.
Shikhar Dhawan’s dream run in 2013 continued as the left-hander slammed yet another ton that guided Indian team to a five-wicket win against West Indies, with which India also clinched the series 2-1.
West Indies skipper Dwayne Bravo on Wednesday said it was due his bowlers` inconsistent performance that the team`s lost a great opportunity to register a series win against India in India.
Following are the statistical highlights of the third and final match of the ODI series between India and the West Indies here on Wednesday.
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Wednesday credited the 2-1 ODI series win over the West Indies to team effort and said bowling performance has also improved a lot as compared to the recent contest against Australia.
Live score and commentary of the third ODI between India and West Indies in Kanpur.
International cricket returns to the city on Wednesday after nearly four years with the third ODI between India and West Indies but the arrangements for match coverage left much to be desired at Green Park stadium due to mismanagement by district administration officials on Tuesday.
The series-levelling win in the second ODI at Visakhapatnam gave a struggling West Indies the self belief that they can beat India at their own backyard, the visiting team skipper Dwayne Bravo said on Tuesday.
India have been a dominant force in this contest since West Indies` arrival to the country but the hosts suffered a surprise two-wicket defeat in Visakhapatnam.
Live updates from 2nd ODI between India and West Indies
A sudden injury to Chris Gayle gave Kieran Powell a berth in West Indies`s playing eleven for the second ODI.
The West Indies beat India by two wickets in a thrilling finish in the second of the three One-Day Internationals (ODI) at the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium here Sunday to level the series 1-1.
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni says heavy dew created "unfair" conditions for them as it became difficult to bowl and field on a literally wet ground, which resulted in their two-wickets defeat against the West Indies, here on Sunday.
In-form Virat Kohli once again played a brilliant knock but he missed his 18th ODI ton by one run in the 2nd ODI match between West Indies and India being played at Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Surat businessman gifts cars, flats to his employees as Diwali bonus!
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh on Himachal visit today to review border areas with Tibet
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?