Indian team’s winning streak in ODIs continued as they won their sixth ODI title in a row as they thrashed West Indies by 5 wickets in the third and final ODI played at Kanpur on Wednesday.
Shikhar Dhawan is fast becoming a symbol of consistency as the southpaw on Wednesday slammed his fifth ODI century of 2013.
Shikhar Dhawan has been in the form of his life since his comeback into the Indian team last March and the dashing opener wants to continue with the "good habit" of scoring centuries and winning a lot more matches for India across all formats.
Shikhar Dhawan’s dream run in 2013 continued as the left-hander slammed yet another ton that guided Indian team to a five-wicket win against West Indies, with which India also clinched the series 2-1.
West Indies skipper Dwayne Bravo on Wednesday said it was due his bowlers` inconsistent performance that the team`s lost a great opportunity to register a series win against India in India.
Following are the statistical highlights of the third and final match of the ODI series between India and the West Indies here on Wednesday.
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Wednesday credited the 2-1 ODI series win over the West Indies to team effort and said bowling performance has also improved a lot as compared to the recent contest against Australia.
Live score and commentary of the third ODI between India and West Indies in Kanpur.
International cricket returns to the city on Wednesday after nearly four years with the third ODI between India and West Indies but the arrangements for match coverage left much to be desired at Green Park stadium due to mismanagement by district administration officials on Tuesday.
The series-levelling win in the second ODI at Visakhapatnam gave a struggling West Indies the self belief that they can beat India at their own backyard, the visiting team skipper Dwayne Bravo said on Tuesday.
India have been a dominant force in this contest since West Indies` arrival to the country but the hosts suffered a surprise two-wicket defeat in Visakhapatnam.
Live updates from 2nd ODI between India and West Indies
A sudden injury to Chris Gayle gave Kieran Powell a berth in West Indies`s playing eleven for the second ODI.
The West Indies beat India by two wickets in a thrilling finish in the second of the three One-Day Internationals (ODI) at the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium here Sunday to level the series 1-1.
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni says heavy dew created "unfair" conditions for them as it became difficult to bowl and field on a literally wet ground, which resulted in their two-wickets defeat against the West Indies, here on Sunday.
In-form Virat Kohli once again played a brilliant knock but he missed his 18th ODI ton by one run in the 2nd ODI match between West Indies and India being played at Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam.
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- DNA: Today in history, 21 March 2017
- BMC serves notices to 500 senior doctors on strike, asks to resume work
- PoK residents protest against Pakistan’s move to make Gilgit-Baltistan its fifth province
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath to be felicitated in Delhi today
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Mumbai: Digging machine catches fire while operating near gas pipeline
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's farewell speech in Lok Sabha
- DNA: Supreme Court asks parties to solve Ayodhya dispute amicably
- Exclusive: What keeps Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute still unresolved?
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections
- 'ISIS letter' in Varanasi challenges Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath to stop mayhem on March 24
- Hair transplant surgery: The perfect solution for your baldness
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Raju Srivastava to replace Sunil Grover?
- Why the name of an Andaman island a matter of shame for Indian patriots? - BJP MP has an answer
- 'Unhappy' PM Narendra Modi ticks off BJP MPs, asks them to ensure presence in Parliament
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath? Here's how Pak media reported on Gorakhpur MP's elevation as UP CM
- Baby born with rare condition labelled 'alien' by shocked mom who refused to nurse him
- UK Parliament attack: Four including assailant dead, at least 20 injured
- Eye-opener! Lucknow girl teaches UNFORGETTABLE lesson to eve-teasers