Indian team’s winning streak in ODIs continued as they won their sixth ODI title in a row as they thrashed West Indies by 5 wickets in the third and final ODI played at Kanpur on Wednesday.
Shikhar Dhawan is fast becoming a symbol of consistency as the southpaw on Wednesday slammed his fifth ODI century of 2013.
Shikhar Dhawan has been in the form of his life since his comeback into the Indian team last March and the dashing opener wants to continue with the "good habit" of scoring centuries and winning a lot more matches for India across all formats.
Shikhar Dhawan’s dream run in 2013 continued as the left-hander slammed yet another ton that guided Indian team to a five-wicket win against West Indies, with which India also clinched the series 2-1.
West Indies skipper Dwayne Bravo on Wednesday said it was due his bowlers` inconsistent performance that the team`s lost a great opportunity to register a series win against India in India.
Following are the statistical highlights of the third and final match of the ODI series between India and the West Indies here on Wednesday.
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Wednesday credited the 2-1 ODI series win over the West Indies to team effort and said bowling performance has also improved a lot as compared to the recent contest against Australia.
Live score and commentary of the third ODI between India and West Indies in Kanpur.
International cricket returns to the city on Wednesday after nearly four years with the third ODI between India and West Indies but the arrangements for match coverage left much to be desired at Green Park stadium due to mismanagement by district administration officials on Tuesday.
The series-levelling win in the second ODI at Visakhapatnam gave a struggling West Indies the self belief that they can beat India at their own backyard, the visiting team skipper Dwayne Bravo said on Tuesday.
India have been a dominant force in this contest since West Indies` arrival to the country but the hosts suffered a surprise two-wicket defeat in Visakhapatnam.
Live updates from 2nd ODI between India and West Indies
A sudden injury to Chris Gayle gave Kieran Powell a berth in West Indies`s playing eleven for the second ODI.
The West Indies beat India by two wickets in a thrilling finish in the second of the three One-Day Internationals (ODI) at the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium here Sunday to level the series 1-1.
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni says heavy dew created "unfair" conditions for them as it became difficult to bowl and field on a literally wet ground, which resulted in their two-wickets defeat against the West Indies, here on Sunday.
In-form Virat Kohli once again played a brilliant knock but he missed his 18th ODI ton by one run in the 2nd ODI match between West Indies and India being played at Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam.
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- Lesson to learn! Israel's way of dealing with stone pelters
- DNA: All you need to know about Shimla gang-rape case
- DNA: Analysing the article published in China's Global Times about standoff at Dokhlam
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- Caught on cam: Goons brutally thrash couple in UP's Maharajgang, circulate video
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran
- OMG! Croc 'returns' body of man after witch doctor summons it: Watch Video
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- Who was Subedar Taanaji Malusare? Know why Ajay Devgn's 'Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior' is important