Some of Pakistan`s top cricketers including Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Akhtar have supported the restoration of bilateral cricket ties with India and hoped the issue was discussed by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on his flying visit to India.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) on Monday said it has resumed talks with the Indian hockey authorities to have a bilateral series as soon as possible.
The Indo-Pak cricket rivalry is one of the most intense among the famed rivalries in the world of sport and the same was witnessed today when the two teams squared off in the third and final one-dayer at the Feroze Shah Kotla stadium here.
Battered and bruised by yet another series defeat, India`s struggling cricketers will seek to restore some pride when they go into the third and final one-dayer against arch-rivals Pakistan on Sunday with the future of some of the under-performing stars at stake.
Virat Kohli, who suffered a foot injury in India`s first ODI against Pakistan in Chennai, looked fit at the nets on Wednesday as he was seen knocking at the ball for quite a long time during the two-hour net session.
Pakistan`s speed merchants Mohammed Irfan, Junaid Khan and senior pro Umar Gul went full throttle at the team`s net session today as they bowled aiming at one stump under watchful eyes of their bowling coach Mohammed Akram.
Reports about Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari visiting India to witness a cricket match between the two countries are "all rumours", the presidential spokesman said on Sunday.
Pakistan might have notched up a comfortable six-wicket win over India in the first one-dayer but skipper Misbah-ul-Haq said his team was "lucky" today and they need to "work harder and improve a fair bit" to tame the hosts in the second match on Thursday.
The upcoming India-Pakistan day-night ODI at the Eden Gardens on January 3 could be advanced to 12 noon instead of a 2.30 pm start to tackle the heavy dew factor.
PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf is confident that the death of India`s firebrand leader Bal Thackeray will not affect their national team`s upcoming tour to India even though the late leader`s party has strongly opposed the revival of bilateral cricket ties.
Maintaining his strong opposition to the tour by the Pakistani cricket team to India, Shiv Sena on Thursday said it was a matter of "national shame".
India is likely to issue 5,000 visas to Pakistani spectators to watch the Indo-Pak cricket series beginning December 25 but after framing stricter guidelines this time as several of them did not return home after watching such matches in the past.
President Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday welcomed the resumption of India-Pakistan cricketing ties saying it will help "promote peace and friendship" between the two countries and their people who can enjoy some "good cricket".
The ICC`s Pakistan Task Team (PTT) has recommended the resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties and overhaul in the PCB`s administrative set-up.
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Aamir Khan should learn from Baba Sahib Ambedkar, says Mayawati
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- DNA: Heart-wrenching story of Major Dhruv Yadav's family
- 9th standard girl delivers baby in school washroom
- Is Russia using white phosphorus on civilian areas in Syria?
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- DNA: Meet Noor Jahan, who was praised by PM Modi in 'Mann ki Baat''
- Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna reveals list of Indrani Mukerjea's influential friends
- Intolerance debate continues in Parliament
- Paris summit: PM Modi pulls up rich nations on climate change
- Paris Summit: Protecting our planet & nature is a priority for India, says PM Modi
- Watch: Firing at a construction site in Mumbai, one injured
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video
- Shocking! Class 9 student delivers baby in school washroom
- Meet 'Iraqi Rambo' Abu Azrael; this 'Angel of Death' has killed over 1,500 Islamic State terrorists
- Shah Rukh Khan backs Aamir Khan on intolerance row, says he was misquoted
- Filmmaker Ali Akbar was 'sexually abused in Kerala madrasa', says nobody speaks out of fear
- PM Modi eighth in TIME Person of the Year Poll
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles
- REVEALED: Why China were up in the air – Watch
- Bollywood films that inspire us to visit to Kolkata
- India vs SA: DDCA still mum on Virender Sehwag's felicitation
- Fresh spell of rains batter Chennai, major road caves in; schools, colleges remain closed