The Coordination Committee of Associations of Teachers in Delhi (CCATD) Thursday expressed deep anguish over the drowning of 24 students in the Beas river in Himachal Pradesh.
Noted political scientist Yogendra Yadav is set to face the axe from the University Grants Commission.
The Centre has reportedly rejected Maharashtra government`s proposal to ban Abhinav Bharat outfit.
A group of lawyers from Agra and Aligarh have decided to start a relay hunger strike from Thursday.
Sri Lanka said it would like Manmohan Singh to attend the upcoming CHOGM meeting in Colombo despite opposition from political parties in Tamil Nadu.
The BJP on Tuesday demanded withdrawal of Rajya Sabha Chairperson Hamid Ansari`s "federation of anarchists" remark relating to the house.
The SIT, which probed Zakia Jafri`s accusation of complicity in facilitating the 2002 Gujarat riots against Narendra Modi and others, relied upon "the accused" but not the witnesses in its probe, her lawyer said on Monday.
Rao Indrajit Singh, a Congress MP from Haryana, has called for a thorough probe into Robert Vadra`s alleged land deals.
The Centre opposed in Supreme Court the plea made by the Central Bureau of Investigation that its Director should get more powers.
The Itanagar Bench of the Gauhati High Court has directed the CBI to investigate and register a case in the alleged irregularities by the board and others in respect to Trans-Arunachal Highway project.
The details of a lunch hosted by Sonia Gandhi at Ashoka Hotel in 2012 can be withheld from disclosure, the Central Information Commission has held.
Parveen Azad, wife of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq on Thursday said that she was not "satisfied" with the CBI`s supplementary chargesheet.
Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) criticised Bihar government for "imprudent" decision to invest Rs 268.71 crore of scheme in mutual fund without monitoring thus exposing scheme to market risks.
MGNREGA has not gained momentum in Bihar as the percentage of household provided 100 days employment ranged from 1 to 7% during 2007-12, according to CAG report submitted to state assembly.
Two accused police officers, charge sheeted by CBI in the 2004 Ishrat Jahan alleged fake encounter case, today sought copies of all previous statements of witnesses as recorded by the earlier probing agencies.
After CBI on Thursday filed a supplementary charge sheet giving former UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya a clean chit in connection with the murder of DSP Zia-ul Haq, the Kunda MLA said he had been framed in the conspiracy.
Digvijay Singh on Wednesday demanded probe by CBI into "illegal" clinical trials of drugs in Madhya Pradesh and the "scam" in the Pre-Medical Test conducted earlier this year by the state Professional Examination Board (MPPEB).
A CBI court on Wednesday rejected an application of the Central Bureau of Investigation seeking judicial custody of Additional DGP PP Pandey in the Ishrat Jahan alleged fake encounter case.
A special CBI court here on Wednesday ordered to frame charges against former Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge, Justice (retd) Nirmal Yadav for her alleged involvement in the 2008 cash-at-judge`s door case.
Urging the Jammu and Kashmir government to grant Rs 10 lakh compensation and job to family members of Amarnath pilgrim killed in stone-pelting in Kashmir, VHP on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
Aviation regulator DGCA has initiated a preliminary investigation into the JetLite plane engine failure, which led to an emergency landing of the aircraft at the city airport here, sources said.
Justice Sharma after hearing the petition issued notice to all the respondents and fixed the next hearing of the case on August 19.
Sushil Sharma was convicted for murdering his wife and then disposing of her body by burning it in a tandoor.
Karan Pandey, the 19-year-old youth who was shot dead by Delhi police in an alleged attempt to stop stunt bikers from performing risky stunts in the high-security New Delhi area was cremated on Tuesday amid demands of a CBI inquiry into the case by his mother.
Centre has engaged the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research to randomly test samples of food served as part of the mid-day meal scheme.
The CAG has rapped the Puducherry government and PIPDIC, a government undertaking, for losing an opportunity to get power at a reasonable cost.
Allahabad High Court sought reply from Union Ministry for Environment and Varanasi Jal Nigam on petition challenging proposed beautification of "Assi Ghat", fabled pilgrimage and tourist spot.
Madras HC directed Tamil Nadu govt to act in accordance with the direction 14 of SC order of May six on Kundankulam.
Goa government has filed a complaint with the Lokayukta in connection with the illegal mining in the state requesting the ombudsman to investigate the financial losses faced due to this alleged scam.
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Watch: Fast N Facts @4:00 pm
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Watch: Today's top headlines @4:30 pm
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Dadri lynching: BJP MLA Sangeet Som questions arrests, says SP appeasing minority community
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Nepal gets respite as over 100 cargo trucks enter from India carrying essential goods, petroleum products
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences
- Trucks laden with supplies head to Nepal
- ISI training terrorists in several terror camps in PoK: Intelligence Bureau
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video